Dyche in or out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Re: Dyche in or out

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 am

Braindead wrote:Ahh right so relegation is the ultimate goal is it?

Explains why you want Dyche sacked you loonbag.
Obviously not, it's just that I've not been brainwashed into believing being in the Prem is the be all and end all.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am

Spijed wrote:If we were to sack Dyche what reason would you give, considering we are 12th btw?

Also, how long would you give a new manager if it became clear it wasn't working out?
Not saying I would sack him. I just think the view that he can do no wrong and is above being questioned is ridiculous. At what point are we allowed to start asking questions of him? If he takes us down? Genuinely interested what people think.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 am

TVC15 wrote:It was in August so lots of people on holiday and Burnley away is one of the least attractive away fixtures for them.
You seem to be adding 2 and 2 and getting 7.
Anyway I bet those WBA fans fed up of being mid table were delighted that they got their wishes granted. That Alan Pardew appointment must have been so exciting for them.

Be careful for what you wish for eh.
Not really, I just take an interest in football outside of my own club. I know for a fact long standing fans were falling out of love with their club and refusing to go to away games while Pulis was there.

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:This thread sums up why I think that Olympiakos farce was the beginning of the end for Dyche (at Burnley, where his star will shine brighter than probably anywhere else in his career).

From the moment I wandered into the away end and saw the team, I knew then that Dyche had committed hari-kari. Now, the disappointment for many of us is so great and the season so underwhelming that one poor run and we are losing patience with him. Eventually that feeling will spread. He has brought all that on himself. I do sense, as others have implied on this thread, that the players had lost heart too after looking forward to it so much.

Yes, Garlick and co are probably equally responsible. They were all out of their depth planning for that challenge. I don’t see how they can come back from here, even if we survive this season. As some have said, the thrill of playing Man Utd wears off, and there has to be something more. We know under this lot, there won’t be.

It’s all one big shame.
My goodness that's some well articulated shite. Talk about learning how to debate on the internet. Emotive words used - check. Over-exaggeration - check. Huge assumptions - check. Crystal ball - check. No sense of perspective - check. No sense of reality - check.

Other than that, it's an excellent post.
These 3 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret Stalbansclaret Anonymous

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am

TVC15 wrote:Did we ?
Which games did we get that crowd when we were in the top 2 ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... .C._season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

7 wins on the bounce, top of the league 12k crowd, granted it was November, so shall we pick the sub 11k crowd for December, while 2nd etc we had less than 15k on for the last home game to celebrate promotion.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:40 am

jrgbfc wrote:Last season West Brom who have always had good away support brought about a thousand to the Turf for their first away game of the season. Does that not suggest to you that they were fed up of being in mid table watching Pulis bore them to tears every week?
I'm not going to say I know loads of WBA fans because I don't. I do know one Baggie who lives in Leeds, we always try and meet up for games - either home or away. He could not attend the game in August as he was on holiday with his family, nothing to do with the football.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:44 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... .C._season

7 wins on the bounce, top of the league 12k crowd, granted it was November, so shall we pick the sub 11k crowd for December, while 2nd etc we had less than 15k on for the last home game to celebrate promotion.
So that’s 2 games in Nov & Dec - hardly a trend for the season was it ?
The “celebrate promotion” game was Wigan - we got more than 19k.....you are really trying to prove a point (badly) by looking at the home game afterwards by which time the season is over.

Speaking of points - what exactly is the point you are making ? Are you seriously trying to say that season was not an enjoyable one for the fans ?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5044 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 am

I have a very good mate who is a Stoke fan.
He gave up his season ticket because he hated Mark Hughes. He would love to see Pullis back there, he still worships the guy.
I'm not defending him, Pullis, he's not my cup of tea, but it's all about opinions the end of the day.
Everyone wants to see better football, and more possession, and whilst everyone was fit there were positive signs of us improving. Injuries and circumstances have undermined that, but there is nothing at all to say we can't get back there, and move on again in the future. People need to have a bit of patience, and faith in the best manager we've had in over 60 years.
These 2 users liked this post: Stalbansclaret SussexDon1inIreland

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:05 pm

TVC15 wrote:So that’s 2 games in Nov & Dec - hardly a trend for the season was it ?
The “celebrate promotion” game was Wigan - we got more than 19k.....you are really trying to prove a point (badly) by looking at the home game afterwards by which time the season is over.

Speaking of points - what exactly is the point you are making ? Are you seriously trying to say that season was not an enjoyable one for the fans ?

If you are unsure of the point I was making, considering my initial post was nothing to do with you, possibly wise to be quiet

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:i'm not so subtly pointing out that our current 'direction' is 7 points from 9 without playing very well; generally regarded as a good thing in football. 'if it goes on much longer' i doubt they'll be having too many conversations about it.
Sincerely hope you are right but the impotence on display Saturday was truly something to behold and unfortunately not so much of a surprise to many.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:If you are unsure of the point I was making, considering my initial post was nothing to do with you, possibly wise to be quiet
If you are going to carry on talking sh-ite then even wiser to keep quite eh

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Sincerely hope you are right but the impotence on display Saturday was truly something to behold and unfortunately not so much of a surprise to many.
i've seen us play far worse than that, stop exaggerating.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:16 pm

TVC15 wrote:So that’s 2 games in Nov & Dec - hardly a trend for the season was it ?

According to some on here nothing has been enjoyable under Dyche.

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:i've seen us play far worse than that, stop exaggerating.

Here we go! Back to Crewe in `87!

Anyway, let`s draw a line under this. Each to their own and I respect your opinion. Let`s hope that performance is long-forgotten in the next couple of months with Defour back in the team and we move onwards and `upwards`.

UP THE CLARETS!
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:43 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Here we go! Back to Crewe in `87!

Anyway, let`s draw a line under this. Each to their own and I respect your opinion. Let`s hope that performance is long-forgotten in the next couple of months with Defour back in the team and we move onwards and `upwards`.

UP THE CLARETS!
nope, fulham 2018, wolves 2018....
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Mental thread. Of course he shouldn’t go, it’s frankly a bit embarrassing anyone should suggest it.
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Like any good business we should be succession planning just in case.

Some of the football played this season has been dire.

Bournemouth at home is the high water mark so far. Need to find some consistency .....

Espia
Been Liked: 88 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Espia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:19 pm

If you like stats and status above all else then In.

If you think that going out of your way to seek some form of entertainment is what you're after then Out.

I'm getting to the stage where I think just tuning in 10 minutes after the game to find out the score is the best option.*

* I currently watch games live on an internet feed.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Sir Dyche is in for life. Those who disagree, start trying to reply to something that Imploding Turtle has written.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Fulham. Wolves. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

BillyIngham'sShorts
Been Liked: 38 times

Post by BillyIngham'sShorts » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:53 pm

I appreciate that it is a fan's right to ask questions but lets get real: we sit near mid table in Prem, in Europe for first time in 50 years and got through 2 rounds and then were unlucky to go out against Olympiakos. If we had won first game against Southhampton - which we should have done - i reckon that would have given us momentum to do even better than we have. We played them off the park in first half. Its all very narrow margins at our level and we are just lacking a bit of confidence and momentum. Anybody who question's Dyche now doesn't understand the game in my view and is living in cloud cuckoo land - ok we have spent the same as Wolves roughly and they look a better side - but the stars aligned for them - they have got a very good manager who had a load of money and bought outstandingly well - the chances of that happening for us if we lose Dyche are very very remote. Be careful for what you wish for.

levraiclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 1460 times

Post by levraiclaret » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm

In, if we are still counting.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:05 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Am I really reading a thread with this title? Give me strength. Absolutely incredible.
Unfortunately, yes!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:we've actually played some very good football this season as well at times but those times haven't been often enough. its a bit of a confidence thing and we just haven't quite clicked yet this season but the foundations are still there and i don't think there's any danger of us going down.

for me, throwing away our european campaign like we did has put a dampener on the season and the whole thing has felt pretty flat since then. even for a home game against man united, the crowd was pretty dead and there does feel a bit of a malaise has developed.

europe was a once in a blue moon thing for a club like us - not to say we'll never get there again but realistically its unlikely. that we didn't give it a proper go makes you wonder what the point is. last year was a brilliant season, all that hard work to get into europe all for nothing really. for me, its taken a real edge off things and it wouldn't surprise me if it has done for some of the players.

its up to dyche to get things going again and i think he will. a bit of patience from the fans is required, he's certainly earned that.
Spot on

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4021 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Can't remember if I posted or not, but without a doubt he stays for me. He knows what it's about, he knows everything about the club structurewise, he had gawthorpe designed how he wanted it. He has taken us to unprecedented highs in my 25 years a claret, he's authentic in his style and presentation philosophy. He has made us good again, while not playing terrific all too often this season, we are back at the top table down to him, and as many of us expect, we will remain there for at least a year after this.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... .C._season

Jesus i remember that Brum home game. I was actually in the brum end for some reason. Think I fancied going in CFS So just paid on in their end. I couldnt believe how bad the turnout was.

BUT the football was sublime!

Some very very poor gates that year. We still hadnt fallen back in love with the club after coyle though!