Young soldiers pose with Tommy Robinson.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4256 times

Re: Young soldiers pose with Tommy Robinson.

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:I really wouldn't have a problem with liberals if they took the refugees and third world migrants they are so keen about into their own well to do areas, instead they'd much rather saturate them into already poor, overcrowded working class communities...
Are there no poor or working class liberals then? My cheque must have got lost in the post.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Greenmile wrote:Are there no poor or working class liberals then? My cheque must have got lost in the post.

Have you not received your Soros Bucks for your postings? I'll chase it up for you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Inchy wrote:One of the lads in the video is to be discharged according to sky news

The daft racist
He probably has history of stupidity or ill-judgement and this was the final straw. It won't have just been because of this.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Have you not received your Soros Bucks for your postings? I'll chase it up for you.
Thanks, comrade!

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Smudge I have no idea about Tommy Robinson if i’m honest that is more of an assumption of mine to be honest I know how dangerous assumptions can be so you may be right.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:00 pm

KeighleyClaret wrote:Not even his real name. He is a relatively unintelligent populist who doesn’t understand the legal system and stigmatises people based solely on religion.

So I suppose that makes me a left wing liberal? But if I was I surely wouldn’t detest him so much.
Your opinion doesn't count you are from Keighley

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Crikey the one thing that really frightened me amongst the usual tosh on this thread is a poster referring to him as ‘Tommy’!
Such a ruddy misunderstood lad our Tommy.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Crikey the one thing that really frightened me amongst the usual tosh on this thread is a poster referring to him as ‘Tommy’!
Such a ruddy misunderstood lad our Tommy.
If you knew it was the same poster who refers to the former UKIP leader as "Nigel", would that make you more or less frightened?

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:He probably has history of stupidity or ill-judgement and this was the final straw. It won't have just been because of this.
They are all about 17 and trainees, how much history can they have?

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Soldiers in a picture with Robinson = Guilt by association. The same people who on this very board claim Corbyn has nothing to do with any terrorist organisations just because he has been caught in a few pictures with them.

Hypocrites.

Spaceman
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Spaceman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 pm

How many ex squaddies on here ? You would generally find us to be not into edl ******** . I never met one ukip/edl type while I was in the mob. Met plenty Jamaicans and Sikhs and fair few muslim lads . The army didn't care what colour your skin was or where you were from. I'm sure those young lads will be finding that out tonight. Why do right wingers try to cliam us soldiers as theirs ? Fantasists . Walts , the lot of them. Now excuse me while I light a fart
This user liked this post: JohnMac

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:They are all about 17 and trainees, how much history can they have?

Enough to get the boot clearly. In the sky news article the quote from the army is “the straw that broke th camels back”

I’m glad this lad isn’t going to get a gun if he’s that stupid to get booted off basic training

The daft racist

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm

burnleymik wrote:Soldiers in a picture with Robinson = Guilt by association. The same people who on this very board claim Corbyn has nothing to do with any terrorist organisations just because he has been caught in a few pictures with them.

Hypocrites.
They may be hypocrites, but they hold all the power.

Culture, media, entire institutions from Universities to police forces. They make the rules as they play by them.

I don't know how the UK fell so hard into this leftism that almost all institutions in this country are bound by its ideology. It legitimately seems its a class war at times. The people at the very bottom against absolutely everyone else.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:21 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:They may be hypocrites, but they hold all the power.

Culture, media, entire institutions from Universities to police forces. They make the rules as they play by them.

I don't know how the UK fell so hard into this leftism that almost all institutions in this country are bound by its ideology. It legitimately seems its a class war at times. The people at the very bottom against absolutely everyone else.

You daft racist

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, universities maybe, but if you honestly think the police force has “fallen into leftism” then you must be further right than I thought.

And there you are again implying everyone on the left is rolling in money whilst every last working class, salt of the earth, downtrodden, poverty-stricken type is a rabid right-winger.

I honestly think we must exist in different realities sometimes.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm thinking of having a bowl of rice Krispies

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Greenmile wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, universities maybe, but if you honestly think the police force has “fallen into leftism” then you must be further right than I thought.
The hierarchy of the police certainly seem to lean that way, maybe it's not through choice, but more through fear of political correctness and keeping their job.

Take this instance:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ter-white/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A senior Metropolitan Police officer who used the phrase "whiter than white" faces losing his job for alleged racism and gross misconduct.

The detective superintendent is said to have made the comment in a briefing to colleagues during which he discussed the need to be faultless and above reproach in carrying out inquiries.

But a complaint was made about his choice of words which was passed to the police watchdog for investigation, according to the Evening Standard.

The highly respected officer has been placed on restricted duties while the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) investigates and has reportedly been warned the inquiry may take up to 12 months to complete.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Please get help.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 pm

burnleymik wrote:The hierarchy of the police certainly seem to lean that way, maybe it's not through choice, but more through fear of political correctness and keeping their job.

Take this instance:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ter-white/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The IOPC is not the police force (the clue’s in the “I”)

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5559 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:36 pm

The media? Really?

If you think The Sun and The Mail, Britain's two biggest selling daily papers are left wing then you're further right than anyone thought possible.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm

"Makes it aw worf it"

What an idiot.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm

burnleymik wrote:The hierarchy of the police certainly seem to lean that way, maybe it's not through choice, but more through fear of political correctness and keeping their job.

Take this instance:

Just because something is being investigated doesn't mean he's going to have action against him.
Someone made a complaint and all complaints should be investigated. Your problem is with the person making the complaint, not the process.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 pm

It's a disgrace I've run out of rice Krispies .

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Inchy wrote:One of the lads in the video is to be discharged according to sky news

The daft racist
Interesting to see how this plays out. Good ol' Tommy will probably try to manipulate it to fit in with his "victim" act.

Hopefully some of those who saw him as some sort of hero will see that his attention seeking has cost the lad his job and realise what a **** he really is.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Spaceman wrote:It's a disgrace I've run out of rice Krispies .
Move onto coco pops. If fact if you don't then it means you're racist.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Move onto coco pops. If fact if you don't then it means you're racist.
Christ you are right . I hate it when the milk turns brown.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:46 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:The media? Really?

If you think The Sun and The Mail, Britain's two biggest selling daily papers are left wing then you're further right than anyone thought possible.
Nobody.reads.newspapers.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Just because something is being investigated doesn't mean he's going to have action against him.
Someone made a complaint and all complaints should be investigated. Your problem is with the person making the complaint, not the process.

No, my complaint is the with the utter lack of common sense. How much money and time will be wasted investigating a throw away comment?

So, to be fair, Moffitt's comment is not as far out as some people wanted to portray. That example shows just how much control the PC brigade hold at/over the top of the police force. Say the wrong thing, support the wrong politics and your career is over. That's a sad state of affairs IMO.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:The media? Really?

I made a similar point to burnleymik a while back, on another Tommy Robinson thread, funnily enough. He was suggesting “the meeja” are scared of criticising Muslims, rather than all being left wing, though.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... ia#p788370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe they share a local newsagent which only stocks the Guardian and the Morning Star.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
attention seeking has cost the lad his job and realise what a **** he really is.

I think quite the opposite. I think it shows how freedom of speech and expression is now being controlled by the state. "Wrongthink" must be stamped out at all costs.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Nobody.reads.newspapers.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6087997/t ... 33million/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Greenmile wrote:I made a similar point to burnleymik a while back, on another Tommy Robinson thread, funnily enough. He was suggesting “the meeja” are scared of criticising Muslims, rather than all being left wing, though.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... ia#p788370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe they share a local newsagent which only stocks the Guardian and the Morning Star.

That isn't true, I didn't say Muslims at all. I said Islam, my point was about criticising the ideology, not the individuals.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Young leftists don’t, they know better.

However the daily mail online is the most read news website In the world. If you think the daily mail if leftist then you are more right than said Fred

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Inchy wrote:Young leftists don’t, they know better.

However the daily mail online is the most read news website In the world. If you think the daily mail if leftist then you are more right than said Fred
I don't read them either.

And i'm the biggest, thickest racist on here, so what gives there?

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:I don't read them either.

And i'm the biggest, thickest racist on here, so what gives there?

Well you already have said the media is left wing so that’s what gives. You can’t read the daily mail because it’s not nuts enough

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 pm

burnleymik wrote:No, my complaint is the with the utter lack of common sense. How much money and time will be wasted investigating a throw away comment?

So, to be fair, Moffitt's comment is not as far out as some people wanted to portray. That example shows just how much control the PC brigade hold at/over the top of the police force. Say the wrong thing, support the wrong politics and your career is over. That's a sad state of affairs IMO.
Do you think out and proud racists should be allowed in the police and armed forces then? It’s a logical extension to your argument here. After all, they’re just saying the wrong thing and supporting the wrong politics? What if the wrong thing is “all black people are subhuman” or the wrong politics is National Socialism? Would it be alright for a squaddie or copper to lose their job in those circumstances?

If you want to argue the rules to prevent (eg) institutionalised racism in the police are too harsh or being too rigidly applied, as in your Telegraph article (if the accused had actually been punished, which it doesn’t appear he has), then there may be a discussion to be had, but “say the wrong thing, support the wrong politics and your career is over” isn’t making that argument.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 pm

burnleymik wrote:That isn't true, I didn't say Muslims at all. I said Islam, my point was about criticising the ideology, not the individuals.
Are you saying that the media is happy to criticise Muslims but not Islam then?

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Greenmile wrote:Are you saying that the media is happy to criticise Muslims but not Islam then?
I am saying there is a difference between the people and the Ideology.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 pm

burnleymik wrote:No, my complaint is the with the utter lack of common sense. How much money and time will be wasted investigating a throw away comment?

One idiot made a complaint. All complaints have to be investigated. Some investigations cost more than others.

This isn't PC culture. Its the IOPC taking everything seriously simply to avoid mistakes. Kinda like how 999 operators have to take everything seriously.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Greenmile wrote:Do you think out and proud racists should be allowed in the police and armed forces then? It’s a logical extension to your argument here. After all, they’re just saying the wrong thing and supporting the wrong politics? What if the wrong thing is “all black people are subhuman” or the wrong politics is National Socialism? Would it be alright for a squaddie or copper to lose their job in those circumstances?

If you want to argue the rules to prevent (eg) institutionalised racism in the police are too harsh or being too rigidly applied, as in your Telegraph article (if the accused had actually been punished, which it doesn’t appear he has), then there may be a discussion to be had, but “say the wrong thing, support the wrong politics and your career is over” isn’t making that argument.

You know what, as deplorable as racists may be they should be able to hold any opinion they want. If they let those opinions or views interfere with their job than sack them immediately.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:
This isn't PC culture.
If there is no PC culture why would there be a complaint made in the first place?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 pm

burnleymik wrote:You know what, as deplorable as racists may be they should be able to hold any opinion they want. If they let those opinions or views interfere with their job than sack them immediately.
No one disagrees.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 pm

burnleymik wrote:I am saying there is a difference between the people and the Ideology.
Well I think we all knew that already, didn’t we?

I’ll rephrase - do you believe that the media is happy to criticise Muslims, but not Islam?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 pm

burnleymik wrote:If there is no PC culture why would there be a complaint made in the first place?
Out of context. I refer you to the rest of the paragraph.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Also, I never said there isn't a PC culture. Please accurately read and understand what I said.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Greenmile wrote:Well I think we all knew that already, didn’t we?

I’ll rephrase - do you believe that the media is happy to criticise Muslims, but not Islam?
The media (mainstream) is never happy to criticise either, in fact they will largely go out of their way to do the opposite.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Greenmile wrote:Well I think we all knew that already, didn’t we?

You are trying to take this away from a point I never made. Maybe that says more about you?

The media cannot criticise Islam or it is labelled as Islamophobic, that is always the point I have made. They can easily criticise other religions without the same ramifications.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Nice try. Plenty of folk read them online though.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nrs-the- ... m-a-month/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Out of context. I refer you to the rest of the paragraph.

Why would the IOPC investigate something like this if there wasn't a PC culture in place? If there wasn't such a minefield of worries about being labelled as endorsing racism, they would not have had to get involved in the first place.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 pm

burnleymik wrote:You know what, as deplorable as racists may be they should be able to hold any opinion they want. If they let those opinions or views interfere with their job than sack them immediately.
If a member of the police or armed forces says the wrong thing or (openly) supports the wrong politics, then that would interfere with their job.

Case in point - these lads being filmed with a well known Islamophobe has brought the British army into disrepute and lowered their standing with many British Muslims, as well as increasing anti-British sentiment in the Muslim world (all to a very small extent, of course). That’s interfered with their job.