'Transgender' prisoner gets life

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Inchy
Been Liked: 1334 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Re: 'Transgender' prisoner gets life

Post by Inchy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Trump should say he now identifies as a women, but not change his appearance one bit.

It would really confuse people and those that absolutely hate him would have to admit he is the first female president

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:40 pm

I consider myself left leaning but don’t think anyone with male genitals should be in a female prison so I don’t think it’s a left issues, it an idiot thinking issue.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:In my opinion they all have deep psychological glitches that need ironing out before they go down the mutilation of their bodies route. Way too much nurturing of this in western society particularly the US and UK

I think they used to say that about gay people.

My stance on this, and I think some could do with following this, is to realise I don’t know enough about this, nor does it affect me personally, to have a strong opinion. The best thing to do is just be nice and decent and not upset anyway. Sorted then

If your a religious nut you kind of have the right to talk ********, but if you’re just doing it based on no knowledge at all you are just a bit of a clown
This user liked this post: longsidepies

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2247 times

Post by mkmel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:02 pm

SussexDon1inIreland wrote:I bet “he/she/it” gets let out early

Wtf is 'it'??

You may well be calling just this person 'it' but to me reading between the lines it could well be all transgenders that you call 'it'

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Inchy wrote:I think they used to say that about gay people.

My stance on this, and I think some could do with following this, is to realise I don’t know enough about this, nor does it affect me personally, to have a strong opinion. The best thing to do is just be nice and decent and not upset anyway. Sorted then

If your a religious nut you kind of have the right to talk ********, but if you’re just doing it based on no knowledge at all you are just a bit of a clown
There were a whole series of tv programmes about gender issues last year which I found very interesting. It gave a greater understanding of what an individual with these problems went through and the process of changing gender. It is not for the non committed and the biggest problem was not the actual change (operations etc.) but dealing with relationships - family, work and so on. There are people that suffer badly because of this.

The situation that brought about this thread was clearly a bad error by the authorities and not a sign that we have things wrong generally.

I think it's fabulous that these problems are being addressed. It is not a threat to the rest of us but gives a much improved life for those that suffer.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:31 pm

NottsClaret wrote:be arsed.

Yup. You don't know enough about the topic yet, beyond recanting 'transwomen are women' and 'it's just like hating the gays' position. You've said as much yourself. Do the research, read up a bit (I mean stuff written by actual women) and I'll be happy to indulge in a multi pager.
I still need your help, NottsClaret.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 am

Inchy wrote:I think ( try not to) they used to say that about gay people.

My stance on this is it is ok to dismiss the last two thousand years development of our western societies religious foundations and band about terminology like religious nut for anyone who stands by thier religious beliefs that forged our modern world.

But by god don't speak out about these fruit and nuts jumping on the mutilate my body because my melons twisted brigade all being encouraged by a don't dare question anybody else in society's choices (as long as it flows with the silly easily led agenda of the sheep and their shepards shall we call them) lefty crew.

I personally not being religious will excercise my right to have any sort of opinion of stength I decide, and any soul who wants to try and stop me having my opinion then I suggest to then they are complete and utter buffoons.

I personally find 6'2 shovel handed, broad shouldered, large Adam apple sporting blokes suggesting they dare to ever be seen as Women offensive.
Last edited by Bfcboyo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:08 am

Hipper wrote:There were a whole series of tv programmes about gender issues last year which I found very interesting. It gave a greater understanding of what an individual with these problems went through and the process of changing gender. It is not for the non committed and the biggest problem was not the actual change (operations etc.) but dealing with relationships - family, work and so on. There are people that suffer badly because of this.

The situation that brought about this thread was clearly a bad error by the authorities and not a sign that we have things wrong generally.

I think it's fabulous that these problems are being addressed. It is not a threat to the rest of us but gives a much improved life for those that suffer.
Until the true psychological problems shine through again and they take the blade as the high suicide rates show.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 am

Bfcboyo wrote:My stance on this is it is ok to dismiss the last two thousand years development of our western societies religious foundations and band about terminology like religious nut for anyone who stands by thier religious beliefs that forged our modern world.

But by god don't speak out about these fruit and nuts jumping on the mutilate my body because my melons twisted brigade all being encouraged by a don't dare question anybody else in society's choices (as long as it flows with the silly easily led agenda of the sheep and their shepards shall we call them) lefty crew.

I personally not being religious will excercise my right to have any sort of opinion of stength I decide, and any soul who wants to try and stop me having my opinion then I suggest to then they are complete and utter buffoons.

I personally find 6'2 shovel handed, broad shouldered, large Adam apple sporting blokes suggesting they dare to ever be seen as Women offensive.
Snowflake
These 2 users liked this post: Bfcboyo Taffy on the wing

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:16 am

Bfcboyo wrote:My stance on this is it is ok to dismiss the last two thousand years development of our western societies religious foundations and band about terminology like religious nut for anyone who stands by thier religious beliefs that forged our modern world.

Would you change your view if science ever showed you you are wrong?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:18 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Until the true psychological problems shine through again and they take the blade as the high suicide rates show.
What if it's not a psychological problem though? What if it really was caused by the brain being one sex and the body being another?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Would you change your view if science ever showed you you are wrong?
Would have to be blatant no questions proof as with most of my views. Not a theory paper that got a lot of support and backing but hasn't got enough evidence to get unanimous or majority agreement throughout the world.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:25 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:What if it's not a psychological problem though? What if it really was caused by the brain being one sex and the body being another?
I believe on rare occasion this may be possible. I believe a lot of tormented souls find this as the wrong escape route hence the high suicide rates. Instead of encouraging this from the off it should be a last resort to weed out the people like those this started about are not truly in the place you are describing.

How many transgender people do you think are 100% in the wrong body and how many actually have other problems and are being helped down a path they shouldn't be?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:38 am

Bfcboyo wrote:I believe on rare occasion this may be possible. I believe a lot of tormented souls find this as the wrong escape route hence the high suicide rates. Instead of encouraging this from the off it should be a last resort to weed out the people like those this started about are not truly in the place you are describing.

How many transgender people do you think are 100% in the wrong body and how many actually have other problems and are being helped down a path they shouldn't be?
The high suicide rates are probably in large part down to people refusing to accept them for who they are, and for society expecting things from them that they can't reconcile in their minds. I think attitudes like yours kill more transgender people than anything else. These people are already as confused as **** and having to deal with that, but then society tells them that when they identify as a woman it offends them. That who they are and have no way of changing is offensive to you. You are essentially saying that their very existence is offensive to you. No wonder they kill themselves so much.

It's estimated that about 1 in 200 people are transgender to some degree, so I don't imagine that there's many people chopping their bits off without being certain that it's what they want.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:45 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:The high suicide rates are probably in large part down to people refusing to accept them for who they are, and for society expecting things from them that they can't reconcile in their minds. I think attitudes like yours kill more transgender people than anything else. These people are already as confused as **** and having to deal with that, but then society tells them that when they identify as a woman it offends them. That who they are and have no way of changing is offensive to you. You are essentially saying that their very existence is offensive to you. No wonder they kill themselves so much.

It's estimated that about 1 in 200 people are transgender to some degree, so I don't imagine that there's many people chopping their bits off without being certain that it's what they want.

Now that is strong bull shoite your spouting. They have massive psychological l issues. Not all of these people who claim to be Trans are actually in the same place physically and psychologically .

Where is this proof you have and show me the test they take to prove they are true trans and not just warped weirdos like our not so lovely looking Leeds rapist this thred is about.
Last edited by Bfcboyo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:45 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Would have to be blatant no questions proof as with most of my views. Not a theory paper that got a lot of support and backing but hasn't got enough evidence to get unanimous or majority agreement throughout the world.

Read this: http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 00#p446354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read it all, or scroll to "So, ready for the science lesson?" But i recommend reading it all.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:48 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Now that is strong bull shoite your spouting. They have massive psychological l issues. Not all of these people who claim to be Trans are actually in the same place physically and psychologically .

Where is this proof you have and show me the test they take to prove they are true trans and not just warped weirdos like our not so lovely looking Leeds rapist this thred is about.

This kind of attitude is why i have absolutely no faith in you. If it wasn't for the fact that someone else might read it it was a waste of time bothering to find that post I linked.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:53 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Read this: http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 00#p446354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read it all, or scroll to "So, ready for the science lesson?" But i recommend reading it all.
Interesting. Explains why I am hairy as hell and only see women as women now get off my back you anti Mans man man hater.

Leave me alone it wasn't my fault I had a testosterone power shower.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:This kind of attitude is why i have absolutely no faith in you. If it wasn't for the fact that someone else might read it it was a waste of time bothering to find that post I linked.
Read the post. Interesting but still back to my question are all trans people one hundred percent being tested physically to pass a certain proof they are in the wrong body before being sent to a female prison to rape them?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:03 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Read the post. Interesting but still back to my question are all trans people one hundred percent being tested physically to pass a certain proof they are in the wrong body before being sent to a female prison to rape them?
You can't ask such ridiculous questions, that you know are just stupid, and expect the person you're asking to believe you're even interested in a good faith discussion.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:03 am

Your missing my points and focusing only on your own views.
What physical test is taken to scientifically prove you are in the wrong body before doctors in the UK prescribe hormone blockers to children.

Do you think it possible people with underlying psychological issues may fall down the trans route?

What do you make of this Leeds rapist clearly full of testosterone despite the hormone blockers and a massive lesbian being put in a female Prison?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:07 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:You can't ask such ridiculous questions, that you know are just stupid, and expect the person you're asking to believe you're even interested in a good faith discussion.
It is my opinion that a lot of people are being assisted in changing their sex willy nilly (see what i did) without a scientific test to prove they require it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:15 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Your missing my points and focusing only on your own views.
What physical test is taken to scientifically prove you are in the wrong body before doctors in the UK prescribe hormone blockers to children.

Do you think it possible people with underlying psychological issues may fall down the trans route?

What do you make of this Leeds rapist clearly full of testosterone despite the hormone blockers and a massive lesbian being put in a female Prison?
I'm not focusing on my views, i'm focusing on the science because your views make no sense.

I don't believe there is a physical test. How would a physical test avoid returning the physically biological gender as the result?

Yes, i'm sure there are people who think they are transgender who aren't. But i think there are far, far more people who are living in a body of one gender with a brain of another.
I'm also sure there are people who mistakenly think they're gay while i think that there are far more people who are living in denial of their homosexual feelings.

And UK doctors don't prescribe hormone blockers to children just for shits and giggles, and the only ones that can be prescribes are drugs that delay puberty allowing the child more time to consider whether it's what they want without having to go through puberty (potentially) in the wrong body while they try to figure it out.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:25 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm not focusing on my views, i'm focusing on the science because your views make no sense.

I don't believe there is a physical test. How would a physical test avoid returning the physically biological gender as the result?

Yes, i'm sure there are people who think they are transgender who aren't. But i think there are far, far more people who are living in a body of one gender with a brain of another.
I'm also sure there are people who mistakenly think they're gay while i think that there are far more people who are living in denial of their homosexual feelings.

And UK doctors don't prescribe hormone blockers to children just for shits and giggles, and the only ones that can be prescribes are drugs that delay puberty allowing the child more time to consider whether it's what they want without having to go through puberty (potentially) in the wrong body while they try to figure it out.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... nsitioning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happens quite often apparently.

Our Leeds rapist should surely have had a test to pass a test before being given the opportunity to be a woman. He is clearly full of testosterone and attracted to women. How many are slipping the net.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 am

Bfcboyo wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... nsitioning

Happens quite often apparently.

Our Leeds rapist should surely have had a test to pass a test before being given the opportunity to be a woman. He is clearly full of testosterone and attracted to women. How many are slipping the net.
"Happens quite often apparently"

Once you said this i was expecting the article to talk about how many people regret going through transition to in some way support your claime that it "happens quite often". But no, all you did was link one woman writing about her experience and claiming that that anecdote shows that it happens "quite often".

The only thing wrong with the process that she went through seems to have been the lack of counselling. Her parents could have been more supportive too and sought counselling when she was younger.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:44 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:"Happens quite often apparently"

Once you said this i was expecting the article to talk about how many people regret going through transition to in some way support your claime that it "happens quite often". But no, all you did was link one woman writing about her experience and claiming that that anecdote shows that it happens "quite often".

The only thing wrong with the process that she went through seems to have been the lack of counselling. Her parents could have been more supportive too and sought counselling when she was younger.
I did watch a documentary on the BBC last year with a few regretting the change. All seems a bit messed up to me.

Nighty night.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:52 am

Bfcboyo wrote:I did watch a documentary on the BBC last year with a few regretting the change. All seems a bit messed up to me.

Nighty night.

Yes, i'm sure a few do. So? The solution to that isn't to deny that gender dysphoria is real.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:28 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yes, i'm sure a few do. So? The solution to that isn't to deny that gender dysphoria is real.
Very blasé, oh yes a few do. So lets promote gender dysphoria without having a test for possible errors that may let people who haven't got it end up going down that route.

It is all about promoting and treading on egg shells not to offend.

Who knows in 50 years society may laugh and say look at how barbaric they were mutilating their bodies when if they had of looked into it they could have fixed their minds to realign.

A paper a theory a solution is only the answer until the next one comes along to take it's place with new reason, stastics, study and science. This changes so rapidly that the question is how sure of ourselves can we be in any subject . This mutilation of the body I will never see as natural as it isn't, no one should expect me too. Maybe the answer is wash the DNA with hormones to correct the chemical balances in the brain. An evidently young male has not had the correct amount of testosterone wash for his mind as a foetus then lets look at a way to help his mind fit his body before expecting all society to accept a man is now a woman.

I will never accept this is the answer it is too barbaric too strange of an outcome too unnatural and not enough research into other solutions taking place.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:Very blasé, oh yes a few do. So lets promote gender dysphoria without having a test for possible errors that may let people who haven't got it end up going down that route.

It is all about promoting and treading on egg shells not to offend.

Who knows in 50 years society may laugh and say look at how barbaric they were mutilating their bodies when if they had of looked into it they could have fixed their minds to realign.

A paper a theory a solution is only the answer until the next one comes along to take it's place with new reason, stastics, study and science. This changes so rapidly that the question is how sure of ourselves can we be in any subject . This mutilation of the body I will never see as natural as it isn't, no one should expect me too. Maybe the answer is wash the DNA with hormones to correct the chemical balances in the brain. An evidently young male has not had the correct amount of testosterone wash for his mind as a foetus then lets look at a way to help his mind fit his body before expecting all society to accept a man is now a woman.

I will never accept this is the answer it is too barbaric too strange of an outcome too unnatural and not enough research into other solutions taking place.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is how i can tell you're arguing in bad faith. You claim to want a scientific answer as to whether people are transgender or not yet you don't respect the scientific method because you think that it is always wrong eventually. I've no doubt that if some kind of test were created you'd find another excuse to want to deny transgender people their right to self determination, all based on the lie that it's because you really care about those who aren't transgender but think they are. "won't someone think of the children" you're essentially saying while also telling transgender people to get ****** because they're not important enough for your sympathy or understanding.

Edit: "promoting gender dysphoria"? :lol: It's not a ******* marketing campaign. You sound like those homophobic morons who say that talking about homosexuality is the same as promoting it. Very Putin-esque. You can't become homosexual or transgender just because you learn about it.
This user liked this post: Damo

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:This is how i can tell you're arguing in bad faith. You claim to want a scientific answer as to whether people are transgender or not yet you don't respect the scientific method because you think that it is always wrong eventually. I've no doubt that if some kind of test were created you'd find another excuse to want to deny transgender people their right to self determination, all based on the lie that it's because you really care about those who aren't transgender but think they are. "won't someone think of the children" you're essentially saying while also telling transgender people to get ****** because they're not important enough for your sympathy or understanding.

Edit: "promoting gender dysphoria"? :lol: It's not a ******* marketing campaign. You sound like those homophobic morons who say that talking about homosexuality is the same as promoting it. Very Putin-esque. You can't become homosexual or transgender just because you learn about it.
This arguing in bad faith stress you suffer shows how poorly you lack empathy for others beliefs.

Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:08 pm

You can have your say on the reform of the gender recognition act here
https://consult.education.gov.uk/govern ... ition-act/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Damo wrote:You can have your say on the reform of the gender recognition act here
https://consult.education.gov.uk/govern ... ition-act/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I stopped reading when it mentioned non-binary as though it was real and in the real world it is a real thing where real people believe in it.

The problem with these types of surveys is with all the best intent and purpose they segregate a large section of society who simply do not have the time and energy to complete them, whilst the people more likely to have the time to fill this out are the sections of society that have endless amounts of expendable time on their hands to worry about and get involved in everything that relates zero to them.
The results will be a biased unfair view on the thoughts of a nation on the whole. It almost makes me want to be religious so I have a reason not to agree with all this sort of thing other than my simplistic truthful views of the world through my ever ageing panes.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

This joke isn't funny anymore
IMG_20181204_130938.jpg
IMG_20181204_130938.jpg (481.02 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:41 pm

The physiques in that photo don't look remotely compatible. The main thing is that nobody's feelings were compromised.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Would you change your view if science ever showed you you are wrong?
I think your difficulty here is that we have all been brought up to believe that men and women, although physically different, are not mentally different. This is the whole basis behind the sex equality laws which came in in 1970 in this country, 1963 in the USA, probably earlier elsewhere.

Now you and some scientists are saying that is 100% wrong and the differences between men's minds and women's minds are significantly greater than the difference between their bodies. Which is why Germaine Greer holds views so apparently extreme as to be worth banning from some public platforms - she doesn't believe this, and doesn't like the obvious inference that the Equal Pay Act is based on a completely false premise. If men's and women's mental attributes are so significantly different, then wouldn't it be time to abolish the Equal Pay Act? When the science is accepted as thoroughly as that, then I dare say we all will have to accept it.
This user liked this post: Braindead

bobinho
Been Liked: 4098 times
Has Liked: 6573 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:00 pm

mkmel wrote:Whether he's a transgender or not for me that does not matter
What he did was awful no matter what Sexual persuasion he is
If he is identied as a woman it will be difficult for him in a male prison
No it won’t. He’s only female in his head, so he has no physical attributes of a female. So he won’t have to suffer what he made his victims suffer. He won’t be vaginally raped, because he doesn’t have one. But here’s hoping a shitload of other really bad and painful things come his way.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 pm

dsr wrote:I think your difficulty here is that we have all been brought up to believe that men and women, although physically different, are not mentally different. This is the whole basis behind the sex equality laws which came in in 1970 in this country, 1963 in the USA, probably earlier elsewhere.

Now you and some scientists are saying that is 100% wrong and the differences between men's minds and women's minds are significantly greater than the difference between their bodies. Which is why Germaine Greer holds views so apparently extreme as to be worth banning from some public platforms - she doesn't believe this, and doesn't like the obvious inference that the Equal Pay Act is based on a completely false premise. If men's and women's mental attributes are so significantly different, then wouldn't it be time to abolish the Equal Pay Act? When the science is accepted as thoroughly as that, then I dare say we all will have to accept it.
We're not talking about a the mental capacity of male and females, which is the premise behind equality laws. What we're talking about here the physiological and hormonal effects of being either male or female, and there's never been any question that the hormones and physical attributes of being male or female are different.

Nice try, though.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 pm

What's the difference, turtle, between having a 'male' brain and a 'female' brain?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 pm

NottsClaret wrote:What's the difference, turtle, between having a 'male' brain and a 'female' brain?
Hormones, i think.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:We're not talking about a the mental capacity of male and females, which is the premise behind equality laws. What we're talking about here the physiological and hormonal effects of being either male or female, and there's never been any question that the hormones and physical attributes of being male or female are different.

Nice try, though.
You're correct, we aren't talking about mental capacity, which means intelligence. We're (or at least I am) talking about mental attributes as a whole./ Or non-physical attributes, if it helps.

The point being that the Equal Pay Act is based on the principle that there is no material difference in the non-physical attributes of a man and a woman. Men are stronger, women can give birth, but for the rest, we're all equal (to over-simplify). You believe there is a vast difference in the non-physical attributes - both men and women can give birth, that the fastest/strongest people can just as easily be women as man, and that it's in non-physical attributes that the difference lies. So whither the Equal Pay Act? It suddenly becomes obvious that men and women have vastly different non-physical attributes which certainly means that men will be better at some jobs than women, and women will be better at some jobs than men.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 am

dsr wrote:You're correct, we aren't talking about mental capacity, which means intelligence. We're (or at least I am) talking about mental attributes as a whole./ Or non-physical attributes, if it helps.

The point being that the Equal Pay Act is based on the principle that there is no material difference in the non-physical attributes of a man and a woman. Men are stronger, women can give birth, but for the rest, we're all equal (to over-simplify). You believe there is a vast difference in the non-physical attributes - both men and women can give birth, that the fastest/strongest people can just as easily be women as man, and that it's in non-physical attributes that the difference lies. So whither the Equal Pay Act? It suddenly becomes obvious that men and women have vastly different non-physical attributes which certainly means that men will be better at some jobs than women, and women will be better at some jobs than men.

You continue to misunderstand, and in my experience with you that isn't an accident. For example...

You believe there is a vast difference in the non-physical attributes - both men and women can give birth, that the fastest/strongest people can just as easily be women as man, and that it's in non-physical attributes that the difference lies.
How have you come to this moronic conclusion?
So [why] the Equal Pay Act?
Because men and women have historically been paid differently for the same jobs. Duh!
It suddenly becomes obvious that men and women have vastly different non-physical attributes which certainly means that men will be better at some jobs than women, and women will be better at some jobs than men.
The equal pay act, pretending for a moment that it's even a worthwhile discussion in the context of gender dysphoria and transgenderism, is not about whether one person is better or worse at a job than another. It is about making sure that two people are not paid at a different rate for their work product based on whether they're a man or a woman. A company is more than welcome to pay one person more than another because they perform better, but they're not welcome to pay one person more than another based on that person's sex or gender.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:08 am

This thread just reaffirms for me, how grateful i am, that i got out of THAT area of the World!

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:13 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:This thread just reaffirms for me, how grateful i am, that i got out of THAT area of the World!
Prison?