People who now know about Burnley

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:20 pm

10 years ago when you'd tell people you were from Burnley, you would often get the response of "where?"
But things have moved on. The club has moved on. We are in the big league and now when I say where I'm from, I get the, "Ah yea, the football" or "You nicked Taylor and Wood off us".

I guess for people who rarely venture out of Burnley, they won't see much difference, but does anybody else see the change that our success has achieved, when they visit other places in the country?

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Are you seriously suggesting that Leeds fans hadn't heard of us prior to us buying their most recent players?

:shock:

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that Leeds fans hadn't heard of us prior to us buying their most recent players?

:shock:
Who ?

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:29 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that Leeds fans hadn't heard of us prior to us buying their most recent players?
:shock:
You're not the brightest spark, are you?

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:31 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You're not the brightest spark, are you?
The last ten years you said.

Be more clear in what you mean. :roll:
This user liked this post: basil6345789

DustyBawls
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 am
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by DustyBawls » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Pulled a few women who have never heard of burnley even now. But yes Im with the OP, more people are aware of us.

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:35 pm

DustyBawls wrote:Pulled a few women who have never heard of burnley even now. But yes Im with the OP, more people are aware of us.
And you.. :lol:

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:36 pm

fidelcastro wrote:The last ten years you said.
Be more clear in what you mean. :roll:
You are spot on. I meant the last 9 as it's from 2009. :lol:

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:38 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You are spot on. I meant the last 9 as it's from 2009. :lol:
We were playing Leeds quite frequently prior to 2009, so I think they'll have heard of us back then.

Apart from that though, good post Mr. Fictional Frank Muchacho.

:lol:

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:39 pm

fidelcastro wrote:We were playing Leeds quite frequently prior to 2009, so I think they'll have heard of us back then.
Apart from that though, good post Mr. Fictional Frank Muchacho.
:lol:
Try again, soft lad.

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Try what? :?
You've confessed to not being right upstairs on here already. No need to labour the point.
:roll:
Ahhh.. you mean being depressed? You are saying that people depressed are (and I quote) "not right upstairs".

Do I have that right?

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:46 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Ahhh.. you mean being depressed? You are saying that people depressed are (and I quote) "not right upstairs".

Do I have that right?
Clearly. Now bore off.

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:51 pm

The OP in highlighting Leeds they obviously do know us...where as prior to our rise a lot of folk up and down the country and indeed abroad hadn't. Our profile has risen I would guess as a town. But when not in the top flight people into football still knew of us....

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:52 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Clearly. Now bore off.
I started the thread! YOU came onto this thread, you soft worthless piece of cancerous crap. Bye!

conyoviejo
Posts: 3581
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Been Liked: 1488 times
Has Liked: 979 times
Location: On the high seas chasing Pirates

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by conyoviejo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Fidel,hang your head in shame.. :(
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone FactualFrank bfcjg burnleymik

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:54 pm

conyoviejo wrote:Fidel,hang your head in shame.. :(
Just another Bully....

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm

conyoviejo wrote:Fidel,hang your head in shame.. :(
Why? For daring to suggest that people who are/were depressed aren't functioning at 100 per cent? :o

Well... string me up! I notice you've found an ally in the 'like' obsessed Tim Loon though, so well done you! ;)

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:58 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I started the thread! YOU came onto this thread, you soft worthless piece of cancerous crap. Bye!
You did. I questioned what you were on about. You questioned my intelligence and then posted falsehoods followed by insults.

Go figure.

:roll:

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:58 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Why? For daring to suggest that people who are/were depressed aren't functioning at 100 per cent? :o

Well... string me up! I notice you've found an ally in the 'like' obsessed Tim Loon though, so well done you! ;)
Not at all...you've always been a tw.t!
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

DustyBawls
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 am
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by DustyBawls » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:59 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Well... string me up!
My cousin died due to depression. He'd had enough because of losing 3 members of his family within 2 weeks. So I'll go one further than that. I'll take you into a room and beat the living crap out of you. And if you die - I won't shed a tear.

Have some respect for other humans.

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm

tim_noone wrote:Not at all...you've always been a tw.t!
Just another bully.

:roll:

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:02 pm

DustyBawls wrote:My cousin died due to depression. He'd had enough because of losing 3 members of his family within 2 weeks. So I'll go one further than that. I'll take you into a room and beat the living crap out of you. And if you die - I won't shed a tear.

Have some respect for other humans.
Threats now? Demanding respect from others whilst not caring if they die is a bit contradictory, don't you think? :?

We've had it all on this thread... and all because I questioned whether the OP had his facts right.

You live and learn. :shock:

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:07 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Threats now?
We've had it all on this thread... and all because I questioned whether the OP had his facts right.
You live and learn. :shock:
I never mentioned any facts. So there's no facts to get right. I really don't mind people having a go at me. You have your opinion which is absolutely fine. All I ask is that you say to me in person. Is that too much to ask?

Now back on subject. Do people notice that in the last few years people know where Burnley is, due to our success?

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:08 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Threats now? Demanding respect from others whilst not caring if they die is a bit contradictory, don't you think? :?

We've had it all on this thread... and all because I questioned whether the OP had his facts right.

You live and learn. :shock:
So..to my user name are you unable to spell it? And as to how many 'likes' I make is that a problem to you? Just to clear things up.

conyoviejo
Posts: 3581
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Been Liked: 1488 times
Has Liked: 979 times
Location: On the high seas chasing Pirates

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by conyoviejo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:10 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Why? For daring to suggest that people who are/were depressed aren't functioning at 100 per cent? :o

Well... string me up! I notice you've found an ally in the 'like' obsessed Tim Loon though, so well done you! ;)
Well..there's a few on here who would like to string you up.. :lol:
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:10 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I never mentioned any facts. So there's no facts to get right. I really don't mind people having a go at me. You have your opinion which is absolutely fine. All I ask is that you say to me in person. Is that too much to ask?

Now back on subject. Do people notice that in the last few years people know where Burnley is, due to our success?
Fair enough.

Most people had heard of us in my experience, but clearly that's not everybody.

Happy now? :D

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 pm

conyoviejo wrote:Well..there's a few on here who would like to string you up.. :lol:
Aye, but I bet I'm one of the few on here who understands your username! ;)

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I never mentioned any facts. So there's no facts to get right. I really don't mind people having a go at me. You have your opinion which is absolutely fine. All I ask is that you say to me in person. Is that too much to ask?

Now back on subject. Do people notice that in the last few years people know where Burnley is, due to our success?
Yes in a lot of respects... But tbf it's still between Manchester and Leeds!

conyoviejo
Posts: 3581
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Been Liked: 1488 times
Has Liked: 979 times
Location: On the high seas chasing Pirates

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by conyoviejo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Aye, but I bet I'm one of the few on here who understands your username! ;)
Fits me perfect.. :D ..Some know my username from footymad as well .. :o

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 pm

tim_noone wrote:So..to my user name are you unable to spell it? And as to how many 'likes' I make is that a problem to you? Just to clear things up.
No. I just find it a bit odd how easily pleased you must be.

It's a free country though (well... relatively), so fill your boots! :D

fidelcastro
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm

conyoviejo wrote:Fits me perfect.. :D ..Some know my username from footymad as well .. :o
I shudder to think :o

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:23 pm

tim_noone wrote:Yes in a lot of respects... But tbf it's still between Manchester and Leeds!
Don't mention Leeds. I have to live here. But to be fair, my best pals are Leeds fans - but they now have Burnley as their second team. :D

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:25 pm

fidelcastro wrote:No. I just find it a bit odd how easily pleased you must be.

It's a free country though (well... relatively), so fill your boots! :D
I am in the easily pleased bracket yes I'm pretty lucky and yea there's a lot of likes but they don't all represent likes as such... Some maybe acknowledge a post like a Thankyou or something similar I could put nothing of course but a lot of the time I like to acknowledge a post.even you but you'd know that I guess.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Bosscat
Posts: 7745
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2308 times
Has Liked: 6195 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by Bosscat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 pm

fidelcastro wrote:We were playing Leeds quite frequently prior to 2009, so I think they'll have heard of us back then.

Apart from that though, good post Mr. Fictional Frank Muchacho.

:lol:
Frank assumed I am only about 20 because I didn't think his music choice was a classic lol

Bosscat
Posts: 7745
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2308 times
Has Liked: 6195 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by Bosscat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:27 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Don't mention Leeds. I have to live here. But to be fair, my best pals are Leeds fans - but they now have Burnley as their second team. :D
You in Armley Frank :roll: :lol:
Nobody "has" to live in Leeds by choice surely ;)

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Bosscat wrote:You in Armley Frank :roll: :lol:
Nobody "has" to live in Leeds by choice surely ;)
Try and tell her that!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

bfcjg
Posts: 5531
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 2055 times
Has Liked: 2008 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by bfcjg » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:31 pm

I was at Tenerife airport a while ago and bizarrely a local at the burger bar started singing oh Burnley we love you when he saw the badge on my tee-shirt. Was he doing it to get more tips and he'd memorized Prem strips who knows ? He got my shrapnel though.

tim_noone
Posts: 12674
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3245 times
Has Liked: 11435 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by tim_noone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:31 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Try and tell her that!
Armley jail....transgender by any chance? Tread carefully. :o they'll be up the back door!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

FactualFrank
Posts: 18622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5158 times
Has Liked: 8885 times
Location: Leeds

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 pm

tim_noone wrote:Armley jail....transgender by any chance? Tread carefully. :o they'll be up the back door!
You seem to know a hell of lot more than me about it.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

NL Claret
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by NL Claret » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

2010 in Cavtat, Croatia I was booking a boat trip to Dubrovnik and the young lad clocked we were English and asked who was my team. I said you won't have heard of them, it's Burnley , however he did as we'd just had a season in the PL and had watched some games on TV.

dushanbe
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm
Been Liked: 304 times
Has Liked: 38 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by dushanbe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:20 pm

This summer a couple of times whilst in France. In a taxi near Bayeux and the driver started talking to my son about football, asking him who he supported, usual stuff. On hearing Burnley, we had a good conversation, he knew Dyche and a few of our players, plus he knew we'd qualified for the Europa. A few days later, a lad in a PSV shirt approached me because he'd spotted the badge on my youngest sons shorts. He knew pretty much everything about Burnley and put it down to TV coverage we'e had in The Netherlands, which had led him to pick Burnley as his FIFA team of choice.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Lord Beamish
Posts: 4700
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 3176 times
Has Liked: 2296 times

Re: People who now know about Burnley

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:37 pm

A couple of responses at the tail end of the thread, actually taking on the OP at face value, essentially being the cherry on top of the turd, the colour of which the rest of the contributions appear to be arguing about.
Jeez, this Messageboard is so broken.
This user liked this post: Falcon

Post Reply