Universal credit rollout delayed

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Re: Universal credit rollout delayed

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Because it costs more to do the means testing than it would save.

Does it really? Surely in this day and age a computer program deal with it? The government know how much people earn because they tax us. Just say anyone earning over x amount get nothing.

As I say the child benefit is pointless for most families. If you have an average household income you don’t need it and that money should be redistributed to those that do

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3844 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Inchy wrote: As I say the child benefit is pointless for most families. If you have an average household income you don’t need it and that money should be redistributed to those that do
Millionaire George Osbourne was claiming child benefit when he was in office. Probably earning a million a year with all is other work.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm

According to this information he may have claimed it but will have paid the full amount back through his tax code?
“However, rather than just paying parents less the government will continue to pay the full amount and claw back overpayments through the tax system and a new High Income Child Benefit Charge – unless you opt not to receive the payments”
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/ ... -they-mean" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Inchy wrote:Does it really? Surely in this day and age a computer program deal with it? The government know how much people earn because they tax us. Just say anyone earning over x amount get nothing.

As I say the child benefit is pointless for most families. If you have an average household income you don’t need it and that money should be redistributed to those that do
It is.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Inchy wrote:Does it really? Surely in this day and age a computer program deal with it? The government know how much people earn because they tax us. Just say anyone earning over x amount get nothing.

Why don't you redistribute yours instead of paying it into a savings account?

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Why don't you redistribute yours instead of paying it into a savings account?

I am by paying it into a savings account

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Universal Credit was introduced in October 2013 but the full roll out has now been put back another 5 years.

I find it hilarious that voters expected this government to manage a smooth withdrawal from the EU within just 2 years.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:I don't get how people think you can live on £72 a week?

The ones with Plasma screens etc must be selling class As on the side.
I think you need a new stick to beat them with. Being amazed about poor people having big TV’s is a bit 2002.
Big TV’s are pretty cheap now. You’ll have to try harder.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3844 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:I think you need a new stick to beat them with. Being amazed about poor people having big TV’s is a bit 2002.
Big TV’s are pretty cheap now. You’ll have to try harder.
I don't know how you get I'm trying to beat them with a stick?

Having been in that position myself, the benefit you get is a pittance.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Those dodgy shops that sell you a tv on a monthly repayment plan have a lot to answer for.

End up paying about 10 times the value of the product. They really need to create a GCSE personal finance

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Inchy wrote:Sid why have you changed your name?
Look at how much less aggro I get, especially now upthebeehole has gone...
People argued against me just because it was me regardless of if I was right, it wasn't worth being on here that much anymore and I still don't come on here as frequently as I used too because I'd rather spend more of my time on Twitter.

I was one of the few to say Lennon wouldn't be as good as some on here stated he would be, lo and behold he hasn't been, I've even seen people on here question why we've signed him at times yet I was on the end of some proper grief at the time.

Same with players like Wilshere, I said he'd get injured when picked for England so shouldn't get picked...you know what happened with him, yet I get aggro for it :roll:

It is actually a mates account, Martyn does exist and I'm not running two Twitter accounts to create fake conversations despite claims by some on here, but he doesn't use this one much.
I've asked for my own account to be unblocked but CT hasn't responded...

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Look at how much less aggro I get, especially now upthebeehole has gone...
People argued against me just because it was me regardless of if I was right, it wasn't worth being on here that much anymore and I still don't come on here as frequently as I used too because I'd rather spend more of my time on Twitter.

I was one of the few to say Lennon wouldn't be as good as some on here stated he would be, lo and behold he hasn't been, I've even seen people on here question why we've signed him at times yet I was on the end of some proper grief at the time.

Same with players like Wilshere, I said he'd get injured when picked for England so shouldn't get picked...you know what happened with him, yet I get aggro for it

It is actually a mates account, Martyn does exist and I'm not running two Twitter accounts to create fake conversations despite claims by some on here, but he doesn't use this one much.
I've asked for my own account to be unblocked but CT hasn't responded...
I don’t use this site enough (or upset enough people) to notice many personal grudges. Although I do know the Turtle vs Damo, moffitt, etc rivalry.

Just come back as Sid, you have always been decent on here just opinionated, which is the point of a messageboard.

Also I need to know who to FAO when I have car problems :lol:

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:59 pm

I've asked for my account to be unblocked, just not had a response yet.

I'm back on the spanners full time now, been playing with a Bentley today 8-)

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:08 pm

It was obvious it was you from the start but I think it was pretty cringey how you denied it.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Why?

I didn't want aggro from the usual bunch of moronic bellends on here and it wasn't always me on the account so you can call it what you like, I'm not overly arsed.

Just like it isn't me running two Twitter accounts, something I think you've accused me of...

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Yet another government c**k-up :roll: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45892109 it doesn't instil confidence in further welfare reforms.