best way of asking a woman out on a date

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

best way of asking a woman out on a date

Post by claretnproud » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:41 pm

got a neighbour who I fancy. only spoke to her 2 or 3 times as she is a few doors down. I rarely see her in the street so difficult to meet her. I think she is perhaps too good looking for me but still want to ask the question.
I am sure many blokes on here have had same scenario so interested to hear your views and outcomes. Also interested to hear from you ladies on the best way to approach this delicate situation. She will be mid forties as her daughter has just left home. I am 52 if it makes any difference.
There is a prize for the best answer if it works. A new hat and a wedding invite :D .

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: best way of asking a woman out on a date

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:48 pm

claretnproud wrote:got a neighbour who I fancy. only spoke to her 2 or 3 times as she is a few doors down. I rarely see her in the street so difficult to meet her. I think she is perhaps too good looking for me but still want to ask the question.
I am sure many blokes on here have had same scenario so interested to hear your views and outcomes. Also interested to hear from you ladies on the best way to approach this delicate situation. She will be mid forties as her daughter has just left home. I am 52 if it makes any difference.
There is a prize for the best answer if it works. A new hat and a wedding invite :D .
Mid 40s you say..not on the game is she just a thought, have to be careful you know.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

just say " look, whilst I don't have the wit and eloquence of Wile E Coyote, I have got some spare change, and will happily buy you a cherry B if you come out with me.

Spaceman
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Spaceman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Mate . Beautiful women say that they are hardly ever approached by men. Getting them is not hard but keeping them is . High maintenance girls take their toll on you.
Take your time . Find out about her . Ask about . Go to places she goes. Don't rush . Check that you have what she wants . Girls say they want humour. Friendliness. A guy with a decent job. Dressed nice. Clean . Nothing there that's impossible. Confidence is number one. Grow balls the size of beachballs and get in there . What have you got to lose ? Don't put her on a pedestal . Strut your stuff

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:24 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMnQLXMVyQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Follow this advice can’t go wrong.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm

personally i would ignore the growing of giant plums, that would make you look odd, beachball size is not a great look even with a nice suit.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Be a real gentleman and simply slap your tackle through her letterbox and shout in a Fred Flintone style bellow “ come and get it b1tch” while hoping she doesn’t have a dog or her mum or bf are round ! Thank me later

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Post a photo of your cock through the door and write your hiuse number on the back
These 2 users liked this post: Damo Steve1956

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Spaceman wrote:Mate . Beautiful women say that they are hardly ever approached by men. Getting them is not hard but keeping them is . High maintenance girls take their toll on you.
Take your time . Find out about her . Ask about . Go to places she goes. Don't rush . Check that you have what she wants . Girls say they want humour. Friendliness. A guy with a decent job. Dressed nice. Clean . Nothing there that's impossible. Confidence is number one. Grow balls the size of beachballs and get in there . What have you got to lose ? Don't put her on a pedestal . Strut your stuff
My boss always tells me “find the most beautiful girl in the bar and buy her a drink and walk away. Before you know it she’ll be trying to find you”.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:37 pm

My usual method is to stalk her, nick her underwear, use heavy breathing phone calls and send her letters with obscene suggestions.

Others will then arrange for you to meet, often in court in my experience.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie DomBFC1882

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Dyched wrote:My boss always tells me “find the most beautiful girl in the bar and buy her a drink and walk away. Before you know it she’ll be trying to find you”.
Though this is a good tactic at a bar - doing it at her house will probably scare her.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by burnleymik » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This could be an epic thread. Some brilliant answers.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Dyched wrote:My boss always tells me “find the most beautiful girl in the bar and buy her a drink and walk away. Before you know it she’ll be trying to find you”.
Ha, I love the psychological angle of that.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Ha, I love the psychological angle of that.
I thought it was good advice. But it probably makes them think your loaded and got money to burn :lol:

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Dyched wrote:I thought it was good advice. But it probably makes them think your loaded and got money to burn :lol:
Possibly. And it means you can't leave the bar until they do :D

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:04 pm

If you are going to take some of the above advice ... and you do decide to shove some large plums down your shorts... make sure you push them down the front ... because down the back and she might think the sight of her has made you **** yourself.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you.

Its always best to be yourself and a good rule to follow is "if you cannot be good in bed at least be funny" as laughter always breaks the ice...
But dressing up as a Clown might not guarantee results if she suffers from Coulrophobia...

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

ask her for a dance and if she says no then ask in that case can I have a **** in your handbag ?

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Find an excuse to pop round or start a conversation with her if you can. Example if you see her out jogging or something you can pretend you're into it as well and start timing your trips out to coincide with hers. ;)

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Is your boss a character from a 90s chick flick?

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:21 pm

claretnproud wrote:got a neighbour who I fancy. only spoke to her 2 or 3 times as she is a few doors down. I rarely see her in the street so difficult to meet her. I think she is perhaps too good looking for me but still want to ask the question.
You didn't say if she was married - that could be a major stumbling block.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:25 pm

houseboy wrote:You didn't say if she was married - that could be a major stumbling block.
Not these days.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Not these days.
From the blokes point of view it is. Someone suggested sticking your cock through the letter box, that could be a majorly bad idea if there was a jealous husband at the other side with a large knife (or a pitbull). :o

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 399 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Not if she is just waiting for her minted boyfriend Chad to come back from having a waz?

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by MarkGreen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Alanstevensonsgloves wrote:Not if she is just waiting for her minted boyfriend Chad to come back from having a waz?
Well then she'd still be trying to find you, "Chad, that's the creep over there"

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Well CnP after getting a more then interesting number of replies, which one do you think you will employ with her?

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:41 pm

I suspect most of you are single or have had multiple marriages. :lol:

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm

houseboy wrote:From the blokes point of view it is. Someone suggested sticking your cock through the letter box, that could be a majorly bad idea if there was a jealous husband at the other side with a large knife (or a pitbull). :o
Are you suggesting that there are circumstances when it might not be a majorly bad idea?

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Does he also say things like; “Selling a car is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.”?
This user liked this post: Bop

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:27 pm

tumblr_lmr827L3km1qei7h2.jpg.cf.jpg
tumblr_lmr827L3km1qei7h2.jpg.cf.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 5146 times

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Are you suggesting that there are circumstances when it might not be a majorly bad idea?
Er, umm, well, seeing as you asked and.....should the circumstance ever arise and.....since I have never found myself in that situation, I think I can definitely, with a fair amount of certainty but without being absolutely 100%, say there might not be any good time for it. Of course there may be some bad lads out there that think differently to me and for them I would say that if you are going to (and you shouldn't really should you) make sure the husband isn't a karate instructor with a short fuse and a tendency to jealousy, otherwise you might just find yourself having to make a quick exit out the back door staggering up an unlit lane in the hope he didn't see you sneaking out like a thief in the night. Those un-made-up roads can play havoc with the feet I'm told.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Ask her if she charges by the hour, or if it's a flat rate.

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Spaceman wrote:Mate . Beautiful women say that they are hardly ever approached by men. Getting them is not hard but keeping them is . High maintenance girls take their toll on you.
well I am liking this approach so far south west claret. Unfortunately though where does finding out about her begin to look like stalking? I am favouring a few accidental meetings including parking near her car and taking half an hour to scrape ice off my windscreen. That may look strange though next july so hope a plan works soon :D .
This user liked this post: Falcon

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Knock on her door explaining youve got a spare ticket next to you for the Chelsea or Liverpool game and would she like to come and explain the after match meal is at Aldos
Last edited by Woodleyclaret on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4160 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Knock on her door and ask.

Worst case she says no, and you can move on.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Next time you see her say “Hi, I’m Claretnproud from up the road.I was hoping you were single so I can ask you out sometime? If she replies “what a coincidence, I’m(insert UTC username) and was just reading your thread”. You’ll know if it will last or not.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:08 pm

If shes mid forties and from Burnley the Rockets probably been there.. Ask her if shes ever been banged in the back of Vauxhall Astra on a B plate in the early 90s if she says yes stay well clear...
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank tim_noone Steve1956

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 pm

claretnproud wrote:well I am liking this approach so far south west claret. Unfortunately though where does finding out about her begin to look like stalking? I am favouring a few accidental meetings including parking near her car and taking half an hour to scrape ice off my windscreen. That may look strange though next july so hope a plan works soon :D .
Well yes you could do well with that one but just had a thought, are you on speaking terms with any of your other neighbours if so they may know all about her.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 pm

claretnproud wrote:well I am liking this approach so far south west claret. Unfortunately though where does finding out about her begin to look like stalking? I am favouring a few accidental meetings including parking near her car and taking half an hour to scrape ice off my windscreen. That may look strange though next july so hope a plan works soon :D .
Sure, someone else suggested jogging, go past her house every day so a double win, you may bump into her , smile and say hello. Extre bonus she will see that you look after yourself .
Focus on yourself most, get fit, dress well, no ******* jogging bottoms or baseball caps . No tops with whoever made its logo splashed across the front. Mind you if she dresses in that kind of gear and there’s a sofa in her garden disregard my advice .

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:If shes mid forties and from Burnley the Rockets probably been there.. Ask her if shes ever been banged in the back of Vauxhall Astra on a B plate in the early 90s if she says yes stay well clear...
My man ! High five

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 pm

I will be making subtle enquiries. I know the window cleaner quite well so will be asking if he has seen a boyfriend in tow. Fairly sure she is living alone. I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she told me her daughter had just moved out. Think I will ask her how she is coping living on her own and guage it from there.
This user liked this post: piston broke

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Spaceman wrote:Sure, someone else suggested jogging, go past her house every day so a double win, you may bump into her , smile and say hello. Extre bonus she will see that you look after yourself .
Focus on yourself most, get fit, dress well, no ******* jogging bottoms or baseball caps . No tops with whoever made its logo splashed across the front. Mind you if she dresses in that kind of gear and there’s a sofa in her garden disregard my advice .
she dresses well. High heels and job lot. very fit and trim. I will need to be at my very best to crack this one. Hope so as living the single life starting to get boring now.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:37 pm

claretnproud wrote:I will be making subtle enquiries. I know the window cleaner quite well so will be asking if he has seen a boyfriend in tow. Fairly sure she is living alone. I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she told me her daughter had just moved out. Think I will ask her how she is coping living on her own and guage it from there.
Ah the window cleaner he must have seen a thing or two on his rounds good thinking. I assume she knows that you are single..you are single aren’t you ?

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:41 pm

claretnproud wrote:I will be making subtle enquiries. I know the window cleaner quite well so will be asking if he has seen a boyfriend in tow. Fairly sure she is living alone. I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she told me her daughter had just moved out. Think I will ask her how she is coping living on her own and guage it from there.
Asking the window cleaner sounds creepy as **** :lol:
Last edited by Dyched on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 pm

claretnproud wrote:she dresses well. High heels and job lot. very fit and trim. I will need to be at my very best to crack this one. Hope so as living the single life starting to get boring now.
Single life boring ? I take it you have never holidayed in Thailand then ?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Make sure her husband isn't in earshot then pluck up the corage. Failing that order something from Amazon,when it's delivered pay courier to drop it at her house then you can nip across to collect it,ice breaker. Tell her it's an extra large condom.

claretnproud

Post by claretnproud » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Ah the window cleaner he must have seen a thing or two on his rounds good thinking. I assume she knows that you are single..you are single aren’t you ?
extremely. I bet there are a few forty something ladies on here who would enjoy a bit of wining and dining and all the good things they never had with their x hubby. So difficult to meet a nice lass in real life nowadays.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Tell me her address and I’ll ask for you if you like :D

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Ask her what her name is. Then a few casual words and build it up from there. If she's interested you'll know.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Stayingup wrote:Ask her what her name is. Then a few casual words and build it up from there. If she's interested you'll know.
And it definitely helps if you are good at staying up. :D

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:14 pm

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/karen-matthew ... 12110.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's not her is it ? She keeps moving :o