Time to go

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Re: Time to go

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm

We played Chelsea. A true top 4 team. A team with a value probably 10 times what our squad cost.

First half we were the better team. Plenty of passing but just not getting the ball in the penalty area enough.

Second half they raised their game and dominated.

I’m no expert so won’t make any further judgements.

However, November’s games look more favourable so hopefully pick up a few more points.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:39 pm

It was boring predictable crap today. There's no plan B and we are easy to play against. We are toothless In the final third. The defensive solidity has gone. If we go 2 down in any game against anyone it's game over. Yes Chelsea are very good but we've looked poor all season. We have to make it harder for the opposition. Something is wrong.

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2250 times

Post by mkmel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:49 pm

We f'd up in the last transfer window when we failed to get the quality central midfielder striker and winger that we needed

To get the quality needed would have cost us probably -an extra £50 - 60M so could we afford that?

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:56 pm

No doubt it will be shouted down by the usual suspects but in my eyes there is definitely something wrong in the squad this season. How else do people explain us constantly surrendering and rolling over? Something we have never done under Dyche up to now.

BillyIngham'sShorts
Been Liked: 38 times

Post by BillyIngham'sShorts » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:58 pm

None of our players would get anywhere near their squad - it would cost at least £400 to £500 million to buy that squad today, and that is excluding Hazard . Our squad cost £50 million. We needed a massive amount of luck today to get anything out of the game.....we didn't have an effort on target until Wood's header in second half that i can remember, but if that header had gone in from Tarks in first half at 1-0 , who knows, it might have given us some impetus and upset their rhythm and we could have got something.
It was very sobering today, but on the positive side, Brady and Defour , our 2 most creative technical players, got 90 minutes, we started well and I thought Taylor had a solid game for a change.

Also very impressed with Dyche post match interview - not a hint of being downtrodden. Some people on here are unrealistic about what we can achieve. We will have our big days again when we get big scalps but give the group time to grow and we will come back stronger. Onwards and upwards. We will be ok.
These 4 users liked this post: FactualFrank Buxtonclaret Burnley Ace Leisure

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:59 pm

I posted on the match thread - around half time, w/out checking, I think - that we should swap Joe for Tom. Tom has more experience in organising our defence - of course, interrupted by his injury in Sept last season. Joe has been our mom on several occasions, and he is a "top player." But, he's making more than double most of his team mates - with City paying half this season and, so the "team bond" may have been "broken." And, Joe being "livid" as described above is a reflection of the bond being broken. When we Tom Heaton "livid" (or Nick Pope)? How did our defence perform in 2016/17 and 2017/18 compared with this season? Why are we seeing comments that Ben and Tarks (amongst others) aren't performing their best?
From Joe Hart's Henry Winter interview - in The Times yesterday, we learn that Burnley only wanted Joe on loan - and then the finances were fixed so that it was perm move. Finance wise, this was a fantastic deal for Burnley - a player with 75 caps (and the other successes) for £3.5million and half his wages covered by previous club. What could go wrong with that deal? I don't think Joe Hart is a "bad apple" - but, if the defence isn't working together we are a team of individuals and that team will nearly always lose. On the other hand, a "team of equals" can play "harder and longer" for each other - and when mistakes are made, no one blames his team mates (or the manager) it's just "we go again." But, if you are blamed for a mistake, it's natural that your "head goes down" and that's the start of another mistake - and on it goes. Yes, enough to make someone who has performed at a higher level to be "livid." Maybe the "livid" isn't aimed at his team mates, but that doesn't necessarily stop those team mates feeling the "livid."

We've got 3 England keepers - definitely one too many and may be two, and maybe all three would want to go if we went down at the end of the season. It's all going to come down to the psychology of "what's in their heads." I'd be looking to find Joe Hart another club in January - we can't afford to pay his wages when City stop paying, unless Joe is really ready to take a big, big, pay cut (which, "I want my England place back" suggests otherwise) - so, we should cash in on Joe and look to hold on to Tom and Nick. The dilemma is that we can't "cash on on Joe" if we haven't proved that he's a "top keeper" again....

Of course we keep Sean Dyche. We'd most likely still be in the Championship without Sean, instead of enjoying (at least) 4 seasons in the Prem. There's no other manager who could achieve what Sean Dyche has done for Burnley - and there's no "progression" and remaining in the Premier League with Mr Dyche. We just don't have the money to make it with any other possible manager - all in my humble opinion, of course.

UTC

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:03 pm

BillyIngham'sShorts wrote:None of our players would get anywhere near their squad - it would cost at least £400 to £500 million to buy that squad today, and that is excluding Hazard . Our squad cost £50 million. We needed a massive amount of luck today to get anything out of the game.....we didn't have an effort on target until Wood's header in second half that i can remember, but if that header had gone in from Tarks in first half at 1-0 , who knows, it might have given us some impetus and upset their rhythm and we could have got something.
It was very sobering today, but on the positive side, Brady and Defour , our 2 most creative technical players, got 90 minutes, we started well and I thought Taylor had a solid game for a change.

Also very impressed with Dyche post match interview - not a hint of being downtrodden. Some people on here are unrealistic about what we can achieve. We will have our big days again when we get big scalps but give the group time to grow and we will come back stronger. Onwards and upwards. We will be ok.
Spot on post.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:05 pm

dermotdermot wrote:Heaton back in goal would help.
This was the first thing to go wrong imo, always played a proper captains role, defence had an understanding with him and was always vocal so the back four knew what was going on, come on guys surely we're not saying he's a bad keeper are we, granted Hart is making some decent saves atm but he's also making some howlers, refuses to leave his line, ffs how does barkley score from 30 yards today sorry but Joe was nowhere near it and for god sake it wasn't exactly a worldy was it, add to this that the defence that got us to 7th last season didn't play on the big stage in Europe, so possibly Lowton was the one to speak up cos rather strangely he was dropped "so you get the picture" these are fundamental reasons why things have gone wrong imo, I'm a big advocate of 1 man isn't bigger than the club and all that but it seems as though it's on block, just no one's putting a shift in, that doesn't just happen imo, not so far into the season, something has to have gone seriously wrong to have upset the applecart imo, only 1 of 2 things can put it right imo, dyche goes or we have a clear out, but a clear out will still leave us with the same negative defensive play imo.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 803 times
Has Liked: 528 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm

BillyIngham'sShorts wrote:None of our players would get anywhere near their squad - it would cost at least £400 to £500 million to buy that squad today, and that is excluding Hazard . Our squad cost £50 million. We needed a massive amount of luck today to get anything out of the game.....we didn't have an effort on target until Wood's header in second half that i can remember, but if that header had gone in from Tarks in first half at 1-0 , who knows, it might have given us some impetus and upset their rhythm and we could have got something.

Sorry, but you are under egging the cost of our squad. Not £50 million, more like £75 million.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 700 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:09 pm

I think you will find our squad is valued nearer £200m
Rather than the £50m quoted.

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Turfmoor321 wrote:Dyche
The football on offer is woefull, no knee jerk reaction
This has been brewing since 2nd half of Leicester at home last season.
And some will have Dyche streets ahead of Eddie Howe because of our 7th place finish last season..
I know what football I’d prefer to watch!
You're right it's time to go ,you that is Sean Dyche

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:17 pm

I can whinge with the best of them but today was more of what I am personally after. We DID try to put our foot on the ball and play. We DID try and take the game to far superior opposition in the first twenty minutes and when we had the ball we DID try to create.

Today restored my faith in Sean Dyche. That as a performance was far better than what was on offer against Cardiff Huddersfield Wolves and the Man United games. I now feel provided we adopt that approach we will be absolutely fine.
Last edited by RocketLawnChair on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Correction NOT Sean Dyche

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:23 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:I can whinge with the best of them but today was more of what I am personally after. We DID try to put our foot on the ball and play. We DID try and take the game to far superior opposition in the first twenty minutes and when we had the ball we DID try to create.

Today restored my faith in Sean Dyche. That as a performance was far better than what was on offer against Cardiff Huddersfield Wolves and the Man United games. I now feel provided we adopt that approach we will be absolutely fine.
I agree entirely with this summary. Its generally the same goons who complain that we're playing 'hoofball' who then complain when we try to take on the game in a much more progressive manner. It was so good to see Defour and Brady complete 90 minutes and in Defour's case he added so much more composure to our play and encouraged those around him to play too. We'll win games with that line-up today, no question.

Some people don't seem to have noticed that the top 6 times have dropped a handful of points and we're nine weeks in.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5056 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Ridiculous OP

it's time some of the plastic fans left this site.

A disappointing result, but there were positives today. Defour, Brady, Taylor and Hart all played well. When teams of Chelseas quality get a cushion they can rip most teams apart.
This user liked this post: Buxtonclaret

DuckworthsEA
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by DuckworthsEA » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:28 pm

clive40golf wrote:Your right......
it’s time for all the people who don’t understand how our football club is run and will continue to run, who complain about every performance, who find a scapegoat at every performance....
To Go And Support Another Team...
Plenty to go at people... fill your boots with plastic and away you go.
Well said mate.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:30 pm

We played one of the most expensive sides in the World today and were duly beaten.

We played one of the most expensive teams in the World last weekend and were duly beaten.

To call for Sean Dyche to go after such beatings is both crass and moronic. Get a grip of yourselves and get behind the team!

Worst performance today?

Our Crowd. Even the "usual suspects" were quiet and far too many left early. We were pathetic.
These 5 users liked this post: Vegas Claret FactualFrank Buxtonclaret Leisure Goodclaret

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Paul Waine wrote:I posted on the match thread - around half time, w/out checking, I think - that we should swap Joe for Tom. Tom has more experience in organising our defence - of course, interrupted by his injury in Sept last season. Joe has been our mom on several occasions, and he is a "top player." But, he's making more than double most of his team mates - with City paying half this season and, so the "team bond" may have been "broken." And, Joe being "livid" as described above is a reflection of the bond being broken. When we Tom Heaton "livid" (or Nick Pope)? How did our defence perform in 2016/17 and 2017/18 compared with this season? Why are we seeing comments that Ben and Tarks (amongst others) aren't performing their best?
From Joe Hart's Henry Winter interview - in The Times yesterday, we learn that Burnley only wanted Joe on loan - and then the finances were fixed so that it was perm move. Finance wise, this was a fantastic deal for Burnley - a player with 75 caps (and the other successes) for £3.5million and half his wages covered by previous club. What could go wrong with that deal? I don't think Joe Hart is a "bad apple" - but, if the defence isn't working together we are a team of individuals and that team will nearly always lose. On the other hand, a "team of equals" can play "harder and longer" for each other - and when mistakes are made, no one blames his team mates (or the manager) it's just "we go again." But, if you are blamed for a mistake, it's natural that your "head goes down" and that's the start of another mistake - and on it goes. Yes, enough to make someone who has performed at a higher level to be "livid." Maybe the "livid" isn't aimed at his team mates, but that doesn't necessarily stop those team mates feeling the "livid."

We've got 3 England keepers - definitely one too many and may be two, and maybe all three would want to go if we went down at the end of the season. It's all going to come down to the psychology of "what's in their heads." I'd be looking to find Joe Hart another club in January - we can't afford to pay his wages when City stop paying, unless Joe is really ready to take a big, big, pay cut (which, "I want my England place back" suggests otherwise) - so, we should cash in on Joe and look to hold on to Tom and Nick. The dilemma is that we can't "cash on on Joe" if we haven't proved that he's a "top keeper" again....

Of course we keep Sean Dyche. We'd most likely still be in the Championship without Sean, instead of enjoying (at least) 4 seasons in the Prem. There's no other manager who could achieve what Sean Dyche has done for Burnley - and there's no "progression" and remaining in the Premier League with Mr Dyche. We just don't have the money to make it with any other possible manager - all in my humble opinion, of course.

UTC
So, your solution to only having one player who looks PL class is to get rid of him so we don't have any outliers?
Last edited by thatdberight on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Post by beddie » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Did anyone expect anything from today prior to kick off, not me. Yes I'd always hoped a bit of luck would fall our way, but it didn't happen because we were up against another top, top side. We started well and created some good chances, Chelsea then had us worked out and we never really got another look in. Credit to Joe Hart, he made some terrific saves and didn't have a chance with their goals. I would have liked to see us start a bit more positive with two up front. I just hope that we can get enough points by Christmas that allows us to then bring in some extra quality in the squad. At this level we can't keep playing this same style of football.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:36 pm

It’s not just the past 2 games though is it? It’s been the whole of this calendar year. We are turgid, slow, predictable, lacking effort and intensity and we don’t try any thing different it’s all the same. Nothing changes.

We know we’ve had a disaster on the recruitment front, why after 5 and a bit years hasn’t Dyche got at least a European scouting network if not worldwide? We target physical players from the championship.

Sean Dyche reminds me of Joe Gallagher the boxing trainer. It’s all about effort and being in physical condition, when it comes to actually thinking about tactics or changing anything there’s nothing there.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Right_winger wrote:It’s not just the past 2 games though is it? It’s been the whole of this calendar year. We are turgid, slow, predictable, lacking effort and intensity and we don’t try any thing different it’s all the same. Nothing changes.

We know we’ve had a disaster on the recruitment front, why after 5 and a bit years hasn’t Dyche got at least a European scouting network if not worldwide? We target physical players from the championship.

Sean Dyche reminds me of Joe Gallagher the boxing trainer. It’s all about effort and being in physical condition, when it comes to actually thinking about tactics or changing anything there’s nothing there.
Stoke, West Brom & Swansea felt they could do better....

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Right_winger wrote:It’s not just the past 2 games though is it? It’s been the whole of this calendar year.
Who has been missing this calendar year?

DuckworthsEA
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by DuckworthsEA » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:43 pm

time to go for some of our fans. It may just be me but some of the comments on this board, social media and around the ground are outrageous at best. The constant search for a scape goat is draining. There has been a few cracking comments on here tonight stating that Chelsea aren’t all that and that Dyches tactics were wrong. What were the other options? 4-4-2? To play Cork and Defour against a trio of Kante, Barkley and Jorginho? Whilst I thought Hendrick was poor for fans to boo him off the pitch was a disgrace.

We didn’t strengthen in the summer properly and now we are starting to pay the price. Personally I thought we started very well and showed some signs of improvement However we are lacking quality and size in CM and quality up top. Up until that point I’ll be backing the team and the manger who has put us where we are today. Everyone is entitled to their opinion your money is as good as mine but if your a fan get behind the team rather than slate it or go and support someone else.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure clive40golf cricketfieldclarets

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:47 pm

DuckworthsEA wrote:What were the other options? 4-4-2? To play Cork and Defour against a trio of Kante, Barkley and Jorginho?
This is what I've tried to nail into the heads of people who know naff all about football - yet still complain. We'd have been beat by more than 4, had we gone 4-4-2. What's not to understand? Bizarre that people are coming out with 3-4-3 and the like. Stop playing computer games and pretending you can simply move it over to real life.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 pm

I haven't read all the comments, as it's depressing enough after about half a page, but I'm sure we all hear conversations at the Turf, before, during and after the game. Not once I have heard anyone say we need to change the manager. I honestly think that the 'contributors' to this board who do want Dyche gone hardly ever go near the Turf!

:(

Turfmoor321
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Turfmoor321 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:You're right it's time to go ,you that is Sean Dyche
:D muppet

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2250 times

Post by mkmel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 pm

There are posters on here saying that we should drop Joe Hart who has been easily our best player so far this season

Unbelievable Jeff

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 pm

mkmel wrote:There are posters on here saying that we should drop Joe Hart who has been easily our best player so far this season

Unbelievable Jeff
Aye, yet they don't elaborate on why he should be dropped.

:?

Turfmoor321
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Turfmoor321 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Funny a lot bleeting on about we’ve just played the top 2 sides blah blah blah...they forgetting Burton dumped us out the cup not that many weeks ago yes Burton that league 1 side..open your eyes and stop defending the dross we are serving up currently under Dyche..
This user liked this post: Jamesy

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Wood not Premier League quality? :lol:

Just because he doesn’t score many with his back to goal with the ball being launched aimlessly at him...

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1514 times

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't have the time (or energy!) to read through this entire thread but, as normal, the absolute crap posted after a defeat is here for all to see. We just lost to Chelsea. They have spent billions (literally) to get to where they are. They are unbeaten this season. They are full of class players. Just like City and United and Spurs and Arsenal and Liverpool most games they WILL beat us no matter what formation or selection we put out. Why can't some Burnley fans just accept that? Are we now so arrogant we expect to be taking teams like Chelsea "just because they don't have Hazard playing"? Are we so delusional to think any other manager could come in and do a better job than Dyche with our players? Are we so spoilt as we finished 7th last season we should now be pushing for a top 4 position? I'm sorry but people calling for Dyche to be sacked know nothing about the game and nothing about our football club. One fan today went ballistic today when Westwood came on saying "we are 3 down how is that going to change things?". I really did want him to explain his absolute genious plan of how he would win this game but all he could do was shout abuse. Some Burnley "fans" are an embarrassment at the moment and need to look at the big picture of what we are trying to achieve.

And breathe.
These 5 users liked this post: bodge Buxtonclaret Burnley Ace Leisure Clarets4me

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:04 pm

I thought Westwood came on because Cork was injured?
This user liked this post: Leisure

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Toe curlingly embarassing thread this.

People talking about rolling over and surrendering, did they not see the quality of the first 3 Chelsea goals.

Chelsea were absolutely outstanding today and Willian's display was out of the top drawer (his outrageous dive aside).

I thought Robbie did really well today as did Defour, that gives me real encouragement for when we are playing the clubs we must compete against to get up the table.

The bloke to drive that is Sean Dyche, pot him and the foundations start to creak.
These 2 users liked this post: Buxtonclaret RalphCoatesComb

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Goodclaret wrote:I don't have the time (or energy!) to read through this entire thread but, as normal, the absolute crap posted after a defeat is here for all to see. We just lost to Chelsea. They have spent billions (literally) to get to where they are. They are unbeaten this season. They are full of class players. Just like City and United and Spurs and Arsenal and Liverpool most games they WILL beat us no matter what formation or selection we put out. Why can't some Burnley fans just accept that? Are we now so arrogant we expect to be taking teams like Chelsea "just because they don't have Hazard playing"? Are we so delusional to think any other manager could come in and do a better job than Dyche with our players? Are we so spoilt as we finished 7th last season we should now be pushing for a top 4 position? I'm sorry but people calling for Dyche to be sacked know nothing about the game and nothing about our football club. One fan today went ballistic today when Westwood came on saying "we are 3 down how is that going to change things?". I really did want him to explain his absolute genious plan of how he would win this game but all he could do was shout abuse. Some Burnley "fans" are an embarrassment at the moment and need to look at the big picture of what we are trying to achieve.

And breathe.
Thank you. It's saved me 10 minutes typing what I think. Can you imagine having Fabregas and Giroud on our bench? :lol:
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Spijed wrote:Stoke, West Brom & Swansea felt they could do better....
Ah the good old be careful what you wish for argument. It speaks volumes that's the best the Dyche can do no wrong brigade can come up with at the moment.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:36 pm

We'd have won games in the Premier League with that performance. Just not against Chelsea, who are a very good side playing very well.

But as for the "Dyche has taken us a s far as he can" people, your logic is ridiculously fuzzy. It may be that Dyche, taking us to seventh place, and being outplayed by Chelsea, has taken us as far as he can. But what's the solution? To accept that we won't be better than 7th and we won't be as good as Chelsea under Dyche; or to sack him and appoint the man who will make us better than Chelsea.

And if the second option is your preferred option, who is the man who can do what Sarre has done on Dyche's budget?

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:38 pm

There never will be a scenario where it's reasonable and fair to judge Burnley FC against Chelsea and Man City. It's a lazy argument, really, to attempt to pin the last two defeats on any one person. We've been pumped by two of the best teams in the world who are bang-in-form, it's as simple as that. Calling for the manager to be sacked is immature, it's reaching for the low-hanging fruit, and replacing manager after manager after manager will never enable us to compete with the top six season after season. We justifiably can lose our heads when we lose 9-0 over two games against our rivals at the bottom but otherwise this is all premature.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Ah the good old be careful what you wish for argument. It speaks volumes that's the best the Dyche can do no wrong brigade can come up with at the moment.
It's not an argument, it's a stone cold fact.
This user liked this post: NL Claret

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:42 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Aye, yet they don't elaborate on why he should be dropped.

:?
Hi fidel, I've made my case why Joe may be, and I only mean may be, the main reason why our defence is not performing like it did last season or the season before. I'm only speculating based on what we see and what we read, e.g. Joe Hart's interview in The Times. Of course, I could have got my judgements all wrong - but, we seemed to do better as a team with either Tom Heaton or Nick Pope in the goals.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Spiral wrote:It's not an argument, it's a stone cold fact.
True. The same people between them, haven't come up with a sensible suggestion for a replacement either.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:44 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Ah the good old be careful what you wish for argument. It speaks volumes that's the best the Dyche can do no wrong brigade can come up with at the moment.
There is no "Dyche can do no wrong" brigade. If there are two brigades, it the "Dyche can do wrong but overall he's doing a fine job" brigade versus the "Dyche can do wrong so sack him and replace him with the man who never does anything wrong" brigade.
This user liked this post: bodge

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi fidel, I've made my case why Joe may be, and I only mean may be, the main reason why our defence is not performing like it did last season or the season before. I'm only speculating based on what we see and what we read, e.g. Joe Hart's interview in The Times. Of course, I could have got my judgements all wrong - but, we seemed to do better as a team with either Tom Heaton or Nick Pope in the goals.
That doesn't make any sense. If Hart was at fault for goal after goal after goal then you'd have a point, but he's been EASILY our best player this season.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Leisure wrote:Don't hold your breath. You'll be waiting a long time!
Oh a real dummy spitting session, and the wrong end of the stick.

Nice.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Oh a real dummy spitting session, and the wrong end of the stick.

Nice.
:lol:

Is it a full moon tonight? :twisted:

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:59 pm

FactualFrank wrote:And we battered Bournemouth 4-0.
Bournemouth battered Fulham 3-0 on their own park.
We beat Bournemouth 4-0. But didnt batter them

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Stayingup wrote:We beat Bournemouth 4-0. But didnt batter them
Does it not count then?

:(

Parkvilla
Been Liked: 40 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Parkvilla » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Happy clappers,he took us to 7th last season.my god.This season has been awful.It is painful to watch the entertainment is zero.The atmosphere is dreadful cos everyone is bored rigid.Garlic is as culpable as the manager but it is Dyche who has wasted money on Wood,Westwood,Taylor,Bardsley,Walters,Wells how much is that 40 million plus.We are crying out for creativity and pace but he has had 6 transfer windows to give us the sh1t that we have been dished up this season.Turf Moor used to be a place that opposition players used to hate coming to now it's a stroll in the park for them.Yes we played City and Chelsea in last 2 games but we had 1 shot on target in 180 mins of hoofball sorry football.And yes I was there at the Orient game,I was also at Scunthorpe 2 games earlier when we lost with less than 100 Burnley fans there.January is now massive for Messrs Garlick and Dyche cos we need at least 5 players with PACE and creativity.Dyche isn't irreplaceable.
This user liked this post: Jamesy

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:12 pm

look at the geordies, loads of cash and Benitez in charge, who many regarded as some kind of footballing messiah, but they are ****

dyche is a brilliant manager, we are lucky to have him

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:15 pm

I have been vocal in wanting change this season either at board level or the manager. I think the recruitment of a director of football or whatever the job title is an admittance of certain people being out of their depth when negotiating transfers. I think we now need to give them all a chance to right the wrongs of the last few transfer windows. The football in patches today wasnt bad. Yes we got outplayed by a team worth probably a billion pounds. These arent the games where we should be expecting a win. Positives for me Brady and Defour played...now lets get Vydra included and we shouldnt be far off being more competitive
This user liked this post: RocketLawnChair

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Oh a real dummy spitting session, and the wrong end of the stick.

Nice.
What?