Guy Mowbray

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Guy Mowbray

Post by Cubanclaret » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm

The BBC commentator gave an interesting neutral insight into our game today on Radio Five Live.

He felt that Chelsea have come on leaps and bounds since the opening game of the season when they won 3-0 at Huddersfield and felt it was the best he had seen them. Also commented that he felt Burnley weren't always streetwise enough and perhaps needed more edge in their game (he said we were, at times, 'too nice' adding he hated to say it because in many ways he admires the discipline and approach we have, but felt more aggression was needed from us today.

He concluded by saying he thought Dyche would compartmentalise the last two games very quickly and doesn't expect us to struggle in the longer term.

Just thought it was interesting as actual match commentators don't impart opinion that often and he gets to see a complete spread of the league as a BBC commentator.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Re: Guy Mowbray

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:21 pm

I heard that myself. It’s nice to hear a level and unbiased appraisal of the game. As fans we get a bit lost in the moment at times.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Cubanclaret wrote:The BBC commentator gave an interesting neutral insight into our game today on Radio Five Live.

He felt that Chelsea have come on leaps and bounds since the opening game of the season when they won 3-0 at Huddersfield and felt it was the best he had seen them. Also commented that he felt Burnley weren't always streetwise enough and perhaps needed more edge in their game (he said we were, at times, 'too nice' adding he hated to say it because in many ways he admires the discipline and approach we have, but felt more aggression was needed from us today.

He concluded by saying he thought Dyche would compartmentalise the last two games very quickly and doesn't expect us to struggle in the longer term.

Just thought it was interesting as actual match commentators don't impart opinion that often and he gets to see a complete spread of the league as a BBC commentator.
He’s spot on.

I expect us to finish somewhere between 10th and 15th. I’ll be happy with that.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:36 pm

I think Sean Dyche has got himself wrapped up in this no cheating saga, and has, as result, lost our edge.

He wants to be seen as whiter than white. Which is why Barnes doesn't do what Barnes does anymore.