Ground Safety Certificate?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Ground Safety Certificate?

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:33 am

Does anyone know if a working tannoy system is needed in order to fulfil the requirements for a ground safety certificate?

Normally in the CFS it is poor, yesterday it simply wasn't working.
At 3-0 down yesterday, I was thinking of asking this question of a senior steward
and to try and get the game abandoned.
I'd left it until then to see if we could pull it back.

:lol:

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Re: Ground Safety Certificate?

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm sure there are separate systems for ground safety announcements and for general message announcements. Against Hannover the ground safety announcements were definitely louder and clearer than just general team line up announcements etc.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:43 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:Does anyone know if a working tannoy system is needed in order to fulfil the requirements for a ground safety certificate?

At 3-0 down yesterday, I was thinking of asking this question of a senior steward

Obviously waiting for a Hendrick screamer to ignite the come back :)

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3191 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Have they added speaker to the outside of the stadium?

The announcements yesterday were clearer outside the ground than they were inside, and I've never noticed that before

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:56 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:Have they added speaker to the outside of the stadium?

The announcements yesterday were clearer outside the ground than they were inside, and I've never noticed that before
I thought I'd turned up at Accrington when I heard the horrible, cheap noise from the speakers outside the Longside. Awful

Targetman
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Targetman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Speakers were almost inaudible in the Jimmy Mac stand yesterday. Whats going on with this?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 pm

The announcer at half time doesn't help, starting whilst half the ground were loudly booing the officials... I think he said something about somebody having died, haven't a clue who though.

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm

The guy who does our announcements is an embarrassment if only for the tone of voice he uses when "welcoming" opposition teams onto the pitch and whenever the opposition scores a goal. I don't expect him to be totally enthusiastic about it but there is no need to be so obviously downbeat. To me it is just downright discourteous.
This user liked this post: DCWat

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Chobulous wrote:The guy who does our announcements is an embarrassment if only for the tone of voice he uses when "welcoming" opposition teams onto the pitch and whenever the opposition scores a goal. I don't expect him to be totally enthusiastic about it but there is no need to be so obviously downbeat. To me it is just downright discourteous.
Yeah, it's not a big deal but it is a bit pathetic. The away fans have paid for a ticket too. The way he deliberately mumbles their scorer and welcomes them back on to the pitch is very small time.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Surely not worse than the fact he never bothers to look up the pronunciation of any away team players?

Mind you, I’d have let him off yesterday with Chelsea’s manger.

After all, Sarri seems to be the hardest word.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:08 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:Does anyone know if a working tannoy system is needed in order to fulfil the requirements for a ground safety certificate?

A senior steward :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:14 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:Have they added speaker to the outside of the stadium?

They've been there since that system got installed in 2009. Just think they've been turned off.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:20 pm

NottsClaret wrote:Yeah, it's not a big deal but it is a bit pathetic. The away fans have paid for a ticket too. The way he deliberately mumbles their scorer and welcomes them back on to the pitch is very small time.
the whole 'welcome back to the pitch' thing is bizarre full stop but especially so when the opposition turn up a few minutes later than us and he randomly mumbles 'and our visitors...'.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Chobulous wrote:The guy who does our announcements is an embarrassment if only for the tone of voice he uses when "welcoming" opposition teams onto the pitch and whenever the opposition scores a goal. I don't expect him to be totally enthusiastic about it but there is no need to be so obviously downbeat. To me it is just downright discourteous.
Embarrassment is the word - and yet the club allow him to keep doing it game after game.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3191 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm

I have wondered if he thinks that we wont make any noise at all is he doesnt tell us too

PLEASE WELCOME ONTO THE PITCH BURNLEY

andtheiropponents insert name here
This user liked this post: tim_noone

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:12 pm

It isn't working in the Bob Lord. What I can hear in there is coming from other parts of the stadium. Thats a change from having our ears broken for the last few years by the PA.

The guy who does the annoucements is a rank amateur, I can't make out the opposition or goalscorers when he announces them, because he does it iin such a mumbled manner. If you are going to bother announcing such things, at least make it audible. At least he doesn't welcome the team onto the pitch as 'Burnley football club!!' anymore.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:31 pm

He either needs to simply be professional or get some quirky, local guy. Barnsley used to have a chap who looked and sounded like a used car salesman but he had a brilliant deadpan delivery.

The ignorant, bitter host routine doesn't do anything. Doesn't help us on the pitch, adds nothing to the atmosphere. While we're at it, when you get a guest on at half time, folk are generous with a round of applause. But not the third time he screams out 'let's hear it again for..'. Move on pal, we've done that bit.

Didn't realise how much he bugged me until now, good to let it out I suppose.