Time for Dyche to leave

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretJimmy
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Re: Time for Dyche to leave

Post by ClaretJimmy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:when other clubs bigger than ours were interested, and the media had him marked as a possible england manager of the future, and the man who has got us here in the first place !! as early as november you are suggesting we sack him incredible .
See Leicester and Ranieri. Once it's gone, it's gone.
These 2 users liked this post: claretfern mickleoverclaret

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:when other clubs bigger than ours were interested, and the media had him marked as a possible england manager of the future, and the man who has got us here in the first place !! as early as november you are suggesting we sack him incredible .
What bigger clubs were these then? Last season his stock had never been higher when the Everton job came up and they showed no interest in him whatsoever.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 pm

OP is a prick of the highest order. Stupid thread!
These 4 users liked this post: Clarets4me SussexDon1inIreland Siddo Stalbansclaret

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:06 pm

What other bigger clubs were seriously ever interested in him ? He’s viewed as a dinosaur by many. Seriously, where is this bigger club that would be interested in a manager who has next to zero experience, or possibly, interest in the foreign market, younger players...etc.
They ain’t queuing up, Peak Dyche has been and gone, it’s now a matter of time only.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:06 pm

jrgbfc wrote:It's not the Board who insist on chasing after journeyman players from the Championship year after year because they're British and are "good lads".
Didn’t Garlick who made his money in recruitment stress in an interview the importance of prospective signings being ‘good lads’?

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm

These supposedly 'good characters' and 'good lads' Dyche is so keen on, haven't actually turned out to be that good, have they?

As soon as the going has got tough they've gone in on themselves, are apparently leaking info to the media, are unhappy that some of the old favourite aren't being played... we might well have been better off bringing in players who can pass.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:09 pm

We could have invested nicely in the squad this summer, when our strong position and European football made us look relatively attractive. The areas for improvement were obvious too.

Alas, we decided to sign 3 players, 1 due to an injury crisis. We spent the whole summer chasing two bang average old West Brom players, when the valuations were clearly set from day 1. Yes, its the board’s fault for failing to sign them, but if we should have never been after them in the first place.

Europe was treated by everyone like the League Cup - a burden. Was genuinely painful seeing just how useful the pace of Podence was for Olympiakos - it’s an absolute must have in 2018, but transfer policy is for whatever reason not geared around such things as that and “footballing ability”. We could have been ready for both competitions, and we’ve ended up being ready for neither. Dyche has to take responsibility for a large proportion of that.

Absolute nightmare of a season, that was just waiting to happen.
These 6 users liked this post: SkiptonClaret claretfern Claretmonkey77 Top Claret TsarBomba buzzclarets79

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:11 pm

SGr wrote:We could have invested nicely in the squad this summer, when our strong position and European football made us look relatively attractive.
Interesting you say that when Leicester city struggled to recruit better players despite being in the Champions league. Even Kante didn't want to play for them in Europe.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Who would you replace him with at this moment in time?
No answer to that funnily enough. He will obviously say that it isn't his job to think of the replacement.

He's far too busy trying to find enough darts to throw at his Sean Dyche effigy.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Yeah, let’s give Brian Laws a ring, see if he fancies it.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:14 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Didn’t Garlick who made his money in recruitment stress in an interview the importance of prospective signings being ‘good lads’?
I'm sure the Board would much rather we used the much better for value European market, as oppose to paying over the odds for ageing British players because Dyche has come across them in the Championship.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3161 times
Has Liked: 6751 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:16 pm

One thing that's puzzling me (and it must be a coaching issue) is why our back four have lost shape and discipline.
This can only be down to the manager, and if the current back four won't do it properly he should make some changes. Unfortunately with three defenders out injured he may struggle to do this.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Spijed wrote:Interesting you say that when Leicester city struggled to recruit better players despite being in the Champions league. Even Kante didn't want to play for them in Europe.
Kante was bought by Chelsea ffs. Leicester had no problem spending the money, they just spent quite a bit of it unwisely. You can have one without the other, you know ;)

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1749 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Not time for him to go at all. He deserves more patience.

However, he shouldn’t be untouchable either and if things don’t improve in the next few months very serious questions need to be asked.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:No answer to that funnily enough. He will obviously say that it isn't his job to think of the replacement.

He's far too busy trying to find enough darts to throw at his Sean Dyche effigy.
Haha! Erm, I think you'll find I did answer that one.

Far too busy staining that picture of Dyche pointing to his chin to notice.

Denno97
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by Denno97 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:21 pm

No other club in the top flight would appoint someone like Dyche. The football throughout his term has been poor at best despite being successful. Rather see someone who is willing to play the ball on the floor and provide a bit of excitement back to the Turf.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:21 pm

The OP needs reuniting with his marbles ....

However, perhaps recalling Heaton for a month may re-invigorate the defence, and the sooner Ward is back fit the better, although he can't go on for ever ... on the positive side, we scored twice ...

I'm convinced some of the posters on here would rather us be in the Championship, in or around the play-offs, winning more than we lose, than be in the Premier League, playing some of the biggest Clubs in the world ....

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:29 pm

The football is awful and tired. We look like we have run out of ideas. It's not just one or two players underperforming. The board needs to put the club first and should not allow us to be taken down without making a change when needed. We are a top flight business and should be run like one.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Didn't take much encouragement, did it BOT?

That picture is looking a bit crusty, mind. Maybe ask for a new one from father christmas?

ClaretJimmy
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by ClaretJimmy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Clarets4me wrote:The OP needs reuniting with his marbles ....

However, perhaps recalling Heaton for a month may re-invigorate the defence, and the sooner Ward is back fit the better, although he can't go on for ever ... on the positive side, we scored twice ...

I'm convinced some of the posters on here would rather us be in the Championship, in or around the play-offs, winning more than we lose, than be in the Premier League, playing some of the biggest Clubs in the world ....
Would much rather be in the championship where we can play decent attacking football and have some entertainment. Getting beat 4-2 at West Ham and Fulham is ******* **** whatever the prestige of the league is
This user liked this post: brexit

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Blackrod wrote:The football is awful and tired. We look like we have run out of ideas. It's not just one or two players underperforming. The board needs to put the club first and should not allow us to be taken down without making a change when needed. We are a top flight business and should be run like one.
What reason should they give exactly, for sacking Dyche?

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:36 pm

boatshed bill wrote:One thing that's puzzling me (and it must be a coaching issue) is why our back four have lost shape and discipline.
This can only be down to the manager, and if the current back four won't do it properly he should make some changes. Unfortunately with three defenders out injured he may struggle to do this.
Have a look at the Heaton thread on the second page. I have posted a few issues regarding this which I believe could be part of the issue
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm

ksrclaret wrote:Didn't take much encouragement, did it BOT?

That picture is looking a bit crusty, mind. Maybe ask for a new one from father christmas?

It was for your benefit because I know how much you hate him.

A bit like a clever dick toxic Bar steward fan from a few years ago.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1034 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:46 pm

The sand grains in the old egg timer are starting to flow. Sean urgently needs to find some inspiration, luck and good judgement to stem the flow

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Have a look at the Heaton thread on the second page. I have posted a few issues regarding this which I believe could be part of the issue
Couldn't find your posts

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:52 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Couldn't find your posts
Posts 69, 71 and 74

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Couldn't find your posts
They won't be worth it if you do find them, believe me.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Posts 69, 71 and 74
I was looking on page 2 of the forum, I can be a bit daft at times.
But I agree with just about everything you've said about Joe Hart.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Certainly not time for Dyche to go however the the 9 matches up to the end of the year will be crucial as we can rule out anything against Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal so that leaves the 6 matches to somehow scrape 10 points or so to leave us on 18 points after 20 matches. To me this is the period Dyche needs to earn his £70,000 a week and i personally think he will turn it around.
The Board backed Dyche with a five year contract last January so in January then it will be there turn to back the manager again in the January window.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8726 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm

The Ginger Miraculous One will solve the conundrum.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Dy1geo wrote:Certainly not time for Dyche to go however the the 9 matches up to the end of the year will be crucial as we can rule out anything against Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal so that leaves the 6 matches to somehow scrape 10 points or so to leave us on 18 points after 20 matches. To me this is the period Dyche needs to earn his £70,000 a week and i personally think he will turn it around.
The Board backed Dyche with a five year contract last January so in January then it will be there turn to back the manager again in the January window.
To a point I agree. But and its a big but, how can you help a manger that has zero willingness to enter the foreign market and instead shops in a market which is over valued and youth is not somwthing we generally invest in because not enough research can be done into their background, character, attitude and such. With this criteria we will never sign young players who can slot straight into our starting 11.

Always signing players in their mid 20s who may be needing a kick up the backside or older players who are coming in on reputation and because they have been there and done it

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:27 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:OP is a prick of the highest order. Stupid thread!
Just arrived home. My OP was a question and I’ve had time on the train to reflect on it. I still believe it’s time for a change. Debate if you want rather than slanging your proletariat vibes at me.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Just arrived home. My OP was a question and I’ve had time on the train to reflect on it. I still believe it’s time for a change. Debate if you want rather than slanging your proletariat vibes at me.
It's not about whether it's time for a change, or whether he's brought in the best players.. it's where the chuffin hell did Granny WeatherWax come from?

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 pm

FactualFrank wrote:It's not about whether it's time for a change, or whether he's brought in the best players.. it's where the chuffin hell did Granny WeatherWax come from?
Brother, is that you?

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 432 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:34 pm

Very short termist thinking wanting Dyche to go. You can say we could get in Allardyce and he'd keep us up this year, but where would we be 2-3 years down the line? On the same merry-go-round Stoke and Palace were on, hiring and firing Pulis, Pardew and Mark Hughes, and look how it's ended for them. We won't get a better manager with the budget we're offering.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:34 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Just arrived home. My OP was a question and I’ve had time on the train to reflect on it. I still believe it’s time for a change. Debate if you want rather than slanging your proletariat vibes at me.
You've gained plenty of attention on the way home, well done.

Maybe you could have included in your debate topic who should replace Dyche at this moment in time?

Paul Cook? Joey Barton? Ryan Giggs? David Moyes? Steve Coppell?

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:37 pm

mickleoverclaret wrote:Very short termist thinking wanting Dyche to go. You can say we could get in Allardyce and he'd keep us up this year, but where would we be 2-3 years down the line? On the same merry-go-round Stoke and Palace were on, hiring and firing Pulis, Pardew and Mark Hughes, and look how it's ended for them. We won't get a better manager with the budget we're offering.
75k a week I would beg to differ. I bet he is paid more than 75% of the managers in the Champions League

brexit
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:37 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:OP is a prick of the highest order. Stupid thread!
Constructive as usual LCP love your stunning intellect. Always ready with personal abuse as opposed to rational argument. Vote Labour by any chance?

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:37 pm

NL Claret wrote:You've gained plenty of attention on the way home, well done.

Maybe you could have included in your debate topic who should replace Dyche at this moment in time?

Dyche has done amazing. Agreed. Is he doing amazing now though. Could anyone do any worse than him at the moment? Look at his record since January 18. Anyone else would have been fired.

Now obviously he shouldn’t have been but it’s now become horrific. How long do we give him?

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 pm

NL Claret wrote:You've gained plenty of attention on the way home, well done.

Oh my god that French paper L'equipe may have been onto something. Why must we recruit a British manager?

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Oh my god that French paper L'equipe may have been onto something. Why must we recruit a British manager?
Obviously cos we only recruit British players

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Obviously cos we only recruit British players
Do Burnley fans and Sean Dyche know that there are more leagues than the Premiership and Championship? That every 4 years tournaments are held called the Euros and World Cup where players from upto 32 other countries play football. Yes thats right, I know we invented it but people play football in other countries and are quite good at it

Oh and yes all those fans that praised SD as a family man because he said he wasnt going looking at players at the world cup because he wanted family time. You are paid 75K a year Sean!!! Have 20 or 25 days off a year like the rest of us and get back to earning your money

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Do Burnley fans and Sean Dyche know that there are more leagues than the Premiership and Championship? That every 4 years tournaments are held called the Euros and World Cup where players from upto 32 other countries play football. Yes thats right, I know we invented it but people play football in other countries and are quite good at it

Oh and yes all those fans that praised SD as a family man because he said he wasnt going looking at players at the world cup because he wanted family time. You are paid 75K a year Sean!!! Have 20 or 25 days off a year like the rest of us and get back to earning your money
What are you on about?

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Obviously cos we only recruit British players

Question dodgers / politicians.

Who is the replacement? I'll go overseas with Bob Bradley or Frank De Boer or Slaven Bilic.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Do Burnley fans and Sean Dyche know that there are more leagues than the Premiership and Championship? That every 4 years tournaments are held called the Euros and World Cup where players from upto 32 other countries play football. Yes thats right, I know we invented it but people play football in other countries and are quite good at it

His contract has a clause stating He earns money on every transfer out of the club that we make money on. Maybe that restricts who he goes for in the market.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 pm

NL Claret wrote:Question dodgers / politicians.

Who is the replacement? I'll go overseas with Bob Bradley or Frank De Boer or Slaven Bilic.
Bob Bradley good shout. Good links to the MSL. I’m with you.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Brother, is that you?
You can tell I'm not a reader.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 432 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:75k a week I would beg to differ. I bet he is paid more than 75% of the managers in the Champions League
I don't mean his wages, I mean the club's transfer/wage budget.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:59 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Dyche has done amazing. Agreed. Is he doing amazing now though. Could anyone do any worse than him at the moment? Look at his record since January 18. Anyone else would have been fired.

Now obviously he shouldn’t have been but it’s now become horrific. How long do we give him?
I know you won't answer the question so I've been doing some thinking for you and come up with 2 potential candidates.

Big Fat Sam or Mick Mccarthy. Let me know what you think.