Time for Dyche to leave

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3861 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Re: Time for Dyche to leave

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Crikey, if we could get Jardin the ex-Monaco boss then I'd pot Dyche right now.

But guess what? We wouldn't be able to get him.
Why do you dismiss it so easily?

Are you in the know with him?

I bet Blackburn fans didn't ever think in a million years they could attract Dalglish? After walking out on the biggest club in England (maybe Europe) at the time.

Don McKay was doing a great job at the time but Walker knew to attract the better calibre of players he needed a bigger named manager. It's not just down to money.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1881 times
Has Liked: 839 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:21 pm

It’s worrying stuff we have been poor the majority of the calendar year. The one problem this season is he seems to have no idea on his settled first 11 or formation added to the drop in work rate from the players. Some massive games coming up in December.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:37 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Ever considered its the financial limitation which stop us getting the pace and flare players not Dyche's prejudices?

If Cardiff & Huddersfield we able to do the deal I'd say something was wrong with us but they can't either on money close to us. Those attribute are highly sought after, (add youth too) and we'll always struggle to out muscle wealthier teams.
It's not just the aversion to buying them. When we do buy them we never play them. Wells and Vydra being prime examples.

Vydra has started 2 games this season. We won them both. Yet he is benched and rarely gets on the pitch. Go figure.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:39 pm

I don't want to use a Brexit analogy, but the real world and reality are an actual thing, not dream based scenarios.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Now is not the time to get rid of Dyche, a good manager who takes a club with the resources of Burnley to 7th in the Premier League doesn’t become a bad manager overnight.
Even if we go down I would assess the situation this time next year.
However in my opinion our style of football at pleasant is hard to watch and can partially explain our ground being compared to a Library, we had the spell after Vokes’s goal where the tempo of our game lifted which lifted the crowd.
I just hope Dyche doesn’t resort to the more defensive safety first tactic and instead we become a bit more expansive playing through midfield with Vokes up on his own up front and Dyche’s summer signing Vydra getting a run of games or questions must be asked why did he waste such a large amount of money on him.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Murger wrote:What's that got to do with nearly 12 months of shite results and performances?
Oh cheerful one, please do let me know the solution? Love Phil xx

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:02 pm

NL Claret wrote:Oh cheerful one, please do let me know the solution? Love Phil xx
Is it my job to sort the team out? No, it Dyches and he's failing.

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Won 6? games since jan. Got us knocked out of Europe and beat by burton. He’s been amazing but now he’s been found out. Game today against a side we could have got at least a point off and we got spanked. Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out.
Shocking post.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I don't want to use a Brexit analogy, but the real world and reality are an actual thing, not dream based scenarios.
Maybe best to leave your negativity on the Brexit threads?

The list of managers we could attract at the end of the season should we be relegated would be frightening but at the present time we could be looking for the next foreign star manager.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:20 pm

NL Claret wrote:Oh cheerful one, please do let me know the solution? Love Phil xx

I'm a marine biologist, if I or my team are stuck or having problems with a particular project, shall I ask the people who like visiting/have a interest in dolphins to help me out?.

Maybe it's actually not my fault at all and it's actually the people who are not employed to do my job fault?, silly me I was blaming myself for my failure. People will understand, I just been off my game and under-performing for 12 months, that's acceptable? I mean before that I was doing really well.

May I suggest it's up to me and my colleagues, as we are the experts in our chosen field to come up with solutions and not the people that just like the dolphins. And just maybe if we run out of solutions it's time to find a different job.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Right, you can choose to live in the real world, or you can pretend this is football manager 2019.

And I'm not negative at all, I'm realistic. its a crucial difference that people who don't live in reality often miss.

We don't have an overseas scouting network for players (certainly compared to everyone else). We are totally, utterly geared to the UK and Ireland market for players. That's who we invest in.

You want to believe that that set up is capable of grabbing the next big thing in European management (lets not forget that last season that was........Sean Dyche) then you feel free. I suspect its set up perfectly for more of the same (ie Moyes. BFS).

If SD goes, I would 100% want us to go for the best possible replacement but that is tinged with a dose of realism. Thats all.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Sean Dyche has to stay. His achievements with Burnley show that he is one of the best managers in Britain. What we are having now is a season like we should expect every year in the Premier League. To get us up into this league and then to get us to stay up for three seasons is just an amazing achievement. Can anyone imagine Preston or Barnsley doing anything like this without a huge injection of cash from outside the club? We will almost certainly go down either this season or one season soon because that is the way things are. But in either case I can't imagine anyone who would manage the club better than Sean Dyche has done or will do in the future.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret RalphCoatesComb

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Won 6? games since jan. Got us knocked out of Europe and beat by burton. He’s been amazing but now he’s been found out. Game today against a side we could have got at least a point off and we got spanked. Dyche out Dyche out Dyche out.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion however wrong .Get real enjoy the ride

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Why do you dismiss it so easily?

I bet Blackburn fans didn't ever think in a million years they could attract Dalglish? After walking out on the biggest club in England (maybe Europe) at the time.

Don McKay was doing a great job at the time but Walker knew to attract the better calibre of players he needed a bigger named manager. It's not just down to money.
You do realise that at the time, Rovers were one of the richest clubs in the world due to Jack Walkers money.
This user liked this post: Leisure

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:55 pm

It's not that long ago that Martin Keown was surprised that no one had come in for Sean, he was really touting him and singing his praises. With that in mind Sean doesn't just become a bad manager over night, it's therefore important that we hold on to him and show him some support and loyalty. The best Manager we have had in 20 years.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:It's not just the aversion to buying them. When we do buy them we never play them. Wells and Vydra being prime examples.

Vydra has started 2 games this season. We won them both. Yet he is benched and rarely gets on the pitch. Go figure.
He started at West Ham and Burton and did nothing in those games, and he didn't do anything at Cardiff either. I agree he's not had a fair crack of the whip, but let's not pretend we've looked a different team when he's played.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Spijed wrote:You do realise that at the time, Rovers were one of the richest clubs in the world due to Jack Walkers money.
You do realise Burnley are in the top 40 richest clubs now?
Jack Walker just had the ambition to match the cash he invested.

We have the finance to appoint any manager from any other league. Champions league clubs aside.

Big Fat Sam or Moyes would cost more than any other manager apart the big champions league clubs.
This user liked this post: IndigoLake

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:37 pm

beddie wrote:It's not that long ago that Martin Keown was surprised that no one had come in for Sean, he was really touting him and singing his praises. With that in mind Sean doesn't just become a bad manager over night, it's therefore important that we hold on to him and show him some support and loyalty. The best Manager we have had in 20 years.
But no other club did come in for him

And in all honesty, could only see Cardiff being interested if any other Prem manager walked or was shoved this season

Gnulty
Been Liked: 179 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by Gnulty » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Dyche's not one who leaves in times of trouble..

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:05 pm

beddie wrote:It's not that long ago that Martin Keown was surprised that no one had come in for Sean, he was really touting him and singing his praises. With that in mind Sean doesn't just become a bad manager over night, it's therefore important that we hold on to him and show him some support and loyalty. The best Manager we have had in 20 years.
At present I think Dyche needs us more than we need him. He would have no chance of getting another Premiership job. His best bet would be a big Championship club but there are no guarantees with that. His stock was never higher than when the Everton job came up and from the outside it looked like they showed no interest whatsoever.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12477 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:You do realise Burnley are in the top 40 richest clubs now?
Jack Walker just had the ambition to match the cash he invested.

We have the finance to appoint any manager from any other league. Champions league clubs aside.

Big Fat Sam or Moyes would cost more than any other manager apart the big champions league clubs.
We probably do have enough money to sign any manager but we don't have enough to buy the players that he would want to sign.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:45 pm

For those saying wait until the end of the season, the logic seems a tad warped. Dyche’s record from the Championship would make it a silly move to get shot.

If you want rid, better now and with enough time to assess the squad before the window opens.

The sensible option for me is to stick with the bloke who only a few months ago got us to seventh in the biggest money league in the football world.

He has problems to fix: playing style, adaptability, recruitment to name a few but some of these are perhaps issues not entirely of Sean’s making. He’s obviously unhappy with the summer recruitment, for example.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:48 pm

DCWat wrote:For those saying wait until the end of the season, the logic seems a tad warped. Dyche’s record from the Championship would make it a silly move to get shot.

If you want rid, better now and with enough time to assess the squad before the window opens.

The sensible option for me is to stick with the bloke who only a few months ago got us to seventh in the biggest money league in the football world.

He has problems to fix: playing style, adaptability, recruitment to name a few but some of these are perhaps issues not entirely of Sean’s making. He’s obviously unhappy with the summer recruitment, for example.
Would signing someone like Sam Clucas have made a massive difference? Not even sure he's got on the pitch for Stoke yet.

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:51 pm

DCWat wrote:For those saying wait until the end of the season, the logic seems a tad warped. Dyche’s record from the Championship would make it a silly move to get shot.

Maybe it’s about time he came up with a longer list of potential signings ? Rather than a shopping list that seems to extend no further than West Brom and Stoke. Yes the recruitment / scouting (do we scout ?) is appalling but to absolve him of blame is ridiculous.
Playing style ? His choice.
Adaptability ? His problem alone.
It’s not difficult to subsequently arrive at some kind of conclusion, no ?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:51 pm

I think its far too early to be talking about bailing on SD. BUT if I was MD I'd be rattling his cage a bit now. Lack of concentration is not and never will be lack of form. The odd dodgy pass/shot is lack of form. I'd say most of the team are a fraction of a second slower reacting, and its making a difference. Why do we make subs with 8 minutes left.... I thought that's what the winning team did to wind down the clock? I firmly believe given 30 minutes last night Barnes would have torn those centre halves another hole.

I saw Gerry Harrison today and for just a second I thought to myself you at your best would have improved that midfield last night. We need a non - shall pass midfielder to free our ball players up. Corky bless him tears around but he's too featherweight for the roll he's being asked to do.

Like I say for me SD stays but I don't think either he /& or one of his staff are performing up to snuff at the moment.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:57 pm

SkiptonClaret wrote:Maybe it’s about time he came up with a longer list of potential signings ? Rather than a shopping list that seems to extend no further than West Brom and Stoke. Yes the recruitment / scouting (do we scout ?) is appalling but to absolve him of blame is ridiculous.
Playing style ? His choice.
Adaptability ? His problem alone.
It’s not difficult to subsequently arrive at some kind of conclusion, no ?
“Not entirely of his making” is not absolving and nowhere have I said that he doesn’t have issues to resolve.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:00 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Would signing someone like Sam Clucas have made a massive difference? Not even sure he's got on the pitch for Stoke yet.
Well Seeing as he’s been out for three months, he’d have been in good company with other new arrivals.

Whether Clucas is indicative of Dyche’s requirements for the summer or our dismal scouting, I don’t know.

Fit though, he’d have been poor to have been worse than what we’ve seen so far this season.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:18 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:I'm a marine biologist, if I or my team are stuck or having problems with a particular project, shall I ask the people who like visiting/have a interest in dolphins to help me out?.

Maybe it's actually not my fault at all and it's actually the people who are not employed to do my job fault?, silly me I was blaming myself for my failure. People will understand, I just been off my game and under-performing for 12 months, that's acceptable? I mean before that I was doing really well.

May I suggest it's up to me and my colleagues, as we are the experts in our chosen field to come up with solutions and not the people that just like the dolphins. And just maybe if we run out of solutions it's time to find a different job.

Slow day in the marine biology field?

I have not got as much time as you on my hands to flick through the thread to see if you are a remainer or a dyche out kind of poster.

Are you saying, as a marine biologist, it is okay to criticise dyche and get him out yet offer up no opinion on what the next steps should be?

rishtonclaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by rishtonclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

For those wanting Dyche out, be careful what you wish for. Take a long hard look at the Championship table. It's full of teams that have dropped out of the Premier league and haven't managed to get back there. We're going through a bad spell and the manager / players / club need us supporters behind them.
This user liked this post: JimmyRobbo

Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 pm

In this context I find myself wondering about the role of our new technical director (or director of football). Is his influence and expertise to be focussed just on recruitment or does he/will he have some say in how our squad are used, including team selection and tactics. Whatever his role is to be , I imagine that SD , having been part of the interviewing team will be obliged to consult him over such matters.
I also wonder if there is some move in the club to consider a possible change in management and even if SD is considering the same. He looked quite weary in his interview post match yesterday. He has been brilliant for Burnley and we should be ever thankful for what he has brought to this club, but as he has said himself, there will come a time !! When that time comes it will be both a sad end and a new beginning. Until then lets give him all the support we can.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Gnulty wrote:Dyche's not one who leaves in times of trouble..
Certainly not when on the amount of money he is being paid 8-)

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 pm

rishtonclaret wrote:For those wanting Dyche out, be careful what you wish for. Take a long hard look at the Championship table. It's full of teams that have dropped out of the Premier league and haven't managed to get back there. We're going through a bad spell and the manager / players / club need us supporters behind them.
And if we go down, which is not beyond the realms of possibility, do you see SD capable of getting us straight back up with an aged and slow squad that he has put together

rishtonclaret
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by rishtonclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:17 pm

We may go down yes. But let's hope we don't and we strengthen in January which we clearly need. Do I see SD capable of getting us straight back up? Naturally there would be coming and goings squad wise as per the last time. So yes, he's got us straight back up twice before when the odds were against us. I'm intrigued - you want Dyche out so who do you suggest replaces him then?

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 507 times
Has Liked: 883 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:37 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Problem is he's not building though. After 5 years of Premiership TV money he's still throwing on Ashley Barnes as our first change when we need to create something.
I disagree.
The quality of footballing talent is far greater than it was when we were first promoted.
We will never finish 7th again. Forget that. It was massively overachieving.
We still pay wages in the bottom 3 so expect us to be competing in the lower reaches of the league.
Avoiding relegation, is sensibly what we should be hoping for while, still being competitive in games.
That is roughly where we are.
That is relative success.
This user liked this post: NL Claret

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 pm

JimmyRobbo wrote:I disagree.
The quality of footballing talent is far greater than it was when we were first promoted.
We still pay wages in the bottom 3 so expect us to be competing in the lower reaches of the league.
Avoiding relegation, is sensibly what we should be hoping for while, still being competitive in games.
I accept that last season was a complete freak and that we probably belong in the group at the bottom along with the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff. What I can't accept is the performances and the cautious, negative prehistoric tactics that our extremely well paid manager has served up this season.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times

Post by jurek » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm

JimmyRobbo wrote:
I disagree.
P[/quote]
JimmyRobbo wrote:

I think JiimmyRobbo has just about summed up what I might think/feel.

Where or what I might add or question is 'still being competitive in games'.
If we are to avoid relegation we'll have to be competitive to stand any chance of getting the
wins/points and I don't think we've been remotely competitive (apart from in 'bits of certain games')
in most matches this season.
This is the biggest disappoint and concern for me and possibly a few others
albeit expressed in varying forms.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 507 times
Has Liked: 883 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm

jrgbfc wrote:I accept that last season was a complete freak and that we probably belong in the group at the bottom along with the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff. What I can't accept is the performances and the cautious, negative prehistoric tactics that our extremely well paid manager has served up this season.
You may be right.

It is a one way street though. Make the change and it doesn't work, we will be in the proverbial.
Look at our friends down the road who didn't like what BFS was serving up. 8 years it has taken them and millions of £.
I think SD has a lot of stored credit in the bank with us. We should still stay up.
I think we need to come together rather than sniping at our players or manager.

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:45 pm

elwaclaret wrote:I think its far too early to be talking about bailing on SD. BUT if I was MD I'd be rattling his cage a bit now. Lack of concentration is not and never will be lack of form. The odd dodgy pass/shot is lack of form. I'd say most of the team are a fraction of a second slower reacting, and its making a difference. Why do we make subs with 8 minutes left.... I thought that's what the winning team did to wind down the clock? I firmly believe given 30 minutes last night Barnes would have torn those centre halves another hole.

I saw Gerry Harrison today and for just a second I thought to myself you at your best would have improved that midfield last night. We need a non - shall pass midfielder to free our ball players up. Corky bless him tears around but he's too featherweight for the roll he's being asked to do.

Like I say for me SD stays but I don't think either he /& or one of his staff are performing up to snuff at the moment.
Bloody hell, now some are wanting Gerry Harrison back, anyone got Kevin's Balls number?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:Bloody hell, now some are wanting Gerry Harrison back, anyone got Kevin's Balls number?
How is "and for just a second I thought to myself you at your best would have improved that midfield last night" wanting Gerry Harrison back exactly? :roll:

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1430 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Why do you dismiss it so easily?

Seriously, this is your example of a situation not being down to money ?

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Prehistoric tactics may be a tad strong but certainly SD is on a different wavelength to most other Prem managers when it comes to team set up
Just look at the teams above us and especially how many adopt the tactic of holding midfielders
City - Fernandinho/Delph
Liverpool - Henderson/Keita/Fabinho
Spurs - Dier/Dembele
Chelsea - Kante/Jorginho
Arsenal - Torreira/Xhaka
Everton - Gomes/Gueye
Utd - Fellani/Matic
Watford - Dacoure/Capoue
Leicester - N'didi/Mendy/Amarty
Go further down to more of the same at WHU, Palace and Southampton (the only team below us)
All of these teams can easily change to a more attacking formation with subs but we have nobody who could play a holding role
We play our way because SD has left himself with little other options, hence teams can adapt their style to overcome our static approach

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:54 pm

elwaclaret wrote:How is "and for just a second I thought to myself you at your best would have improved that midfield last night" wanting Gerry Harrison back exactly? :roll:
Calm down, just having a laugh in what are generally unhappy times.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Erasmus wrote:Sean Dyche has to stay. His achievements with Burnley show that he is one of the best managers in Britain. What we are having now is a season like we should expect every year in the Premier League. To get us up into this league and then to get us to stay up for three seasons is just an amazing achievement. Can anyone imagine Preston or Barnsley doing anything like this without a huge injection of cash from outside the club? We will almost certainly go down either this season or one season soon because that is the way things are. But in either case I can't imagine anyone who would manage the club better than Sean Dyche has done or will do in the future.
Or Huddersfield or Bournemouth?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:25 pm

jojomk1 wrote:Prehistoric tactics may be a tad strong but certainly SD is on a different wavelength to most other Prem managers when it comes to team set up
Just look at the teams above us and especially how many adopt the tactic of holding midfielders
City - Fernandinho/Delph
Spurs - Dier/Dembele
Chelsea - Kante/Jorginho
Arsenal - Torreira/Xhaka
Everton - Gomes/Gueye
Utd - Fellani/Matic
Watford - Dacoure/Capoue
Go further down to more of the same at WHU, Palace and Southampton (the only team below us)
All of these teams can easily change to a more attacking formation with subs but we have nobody who could play a holding role
We play our way because SD has left himself with little other options, hence teams can adapt their style to overcome our static approach
Who have Palace got? Benteke? Or Hudsersfield?

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:25 pm

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/10 ... 9898146816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tread Warily
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Post by Tread Warily » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Maybe SD has a different agenda,get fired and retire from football management.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:34 pm

jojomk1 wrote:Prehistoric tactics may be a tad strong but certainly SD is on a different wavelength to most other Prem managers when it comes to team set up
City - Fernandinho/Delph
Spurs - Dier/Dembele
Chelsea - Kante/Jorginho
Arsenal - Torreira/Xhaka
Everton - Gomes/Gueye
Utd - Fellani/Matic
Watford - Dacoure/Capoue
You've listed a long list of players who cost millions to sign and earn millions of pounds over the course of their contract. Well beyond our budget. This is burnley not football manager.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:06 pm

mickleoverclaret wrote:He started at West Ham and Burton and did nothing in those games, and he didn't do anything at Cardiff either. I agree he's not had a fair crack of the whip, but let's not pretend we've looked a different team when he's played.
Ok maybe i worded it wrongly. The 2 games we have won..he started in them both.
It's not just what he does..it's the different threat he gives us. He can run in behind with his pace..this forces teams to defend deeper and they can't play a high line. Too risky. We play with two big men and as Newcastle did and several others have done they push up and deny us space.
This often happened when we had Andre Gray. Dyche would haul him off and the opposition would immediately push further up and attempt to nullify the substitution and squeeze the game.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin IndigoLake

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:20 pm

I had to laugh when a poster (relentlessly loyal) stated that it isn`t Dyches`s fault as he has to work with Championship journeymen. Hasn`t Dyche been here for 6 years now? Doesn`t he have more power regards transfer targets then pretty much most other football managers/coaches. I`m sorry but it is just lame and another in the now increasinlgy long line of `In Dyche We Trust` stale reasons why the club should not even be contemplating going separate ways from the Golden One. Any responisble club in our position should AT LEAST be discusssing possible scenarios where this might have to occur. Football is a business (unfortunately) so the owners have to act accordingly otherwise they will get left behind. How many transfer windows has Dyche failed in now? The midfield is a shambles, the forward line is so one-dimensional it is untrue and the defensive unit seem all at sea.

I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the way Dyche treated the Europa League. The players worked magnificently to get there, a players dream and what does Dyche do? That`s it! He plays pretty much a 2nd string team. That, in my opinion, goes a long way in explaining the poor form of the likes of Lowton, Mee and Barnes (nailed on first teamers).

I logged on yesterday morning (couldn`t watch a 5am kick-off) and went straight to the match day thread. As soon as I saw the team line-up I knew we had lost. What level of incompetence in leadership keeps putting out the same old dross, with the same instructions and expecting a different outcome? We are being constantly overrun in midfield and yet he playsa midfield 2 of with a player clearly out of form and a man getting back to form and fitness. It was cryin out for a 3-man midfield.

Let`s change the bloody script, Dyche. You deserve time for your achievements but you should certainly not be above criticism and the recipient of some serious questions being asked about how you intend to get us out of this mess I suspect is of your own making.

Palace away is it next? What is the point of naming a team when we all know what will be rolled out onto the pitch. This is the problem. When many fans are starting to know the line-ups, you can be damn sure the opposition managers do and can easily negate ANY (if any?) threat we can pose.

Go on then...

Heaton (something has to give in the defensive unit) / Pope not ready not.

Lowton Long Mee Taylor
Hendrick Defour Westwood
Gudmundsson (hopefully) Brady
Barnes

p.s. what the hell has happened to McNeil / Vydra?????????????
Last edited by HiroshimaClaret on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: IndigoLake

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:Ok maybe i worded it wrongly. The 2 games we have won..he started in them both.
It's not just what he does..it's the different threat he gives us. He can run in behind with his pace..this forces teams to defend deeper and they can't play a high line. Too risky. We play with two big men and as Newcastle did and several others have done they push up and deny us space.
This often happened when we had Andre Gray. Dyche would haul him off and the opposition would immediately push further up and attempt to nullify the substitution and squeeze the game.
What do you do for a day job? Marine biologist?