Dyche and the kitty

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Re: Dyche and the kitty

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:43 am

taio wrote:We've been awful in cup competitions but if we are still struggling at that point I think Dyche will be more interested to try and get some sort of momentum.
I'd love that to be case but I can't see it unfortunately. We could be looking forward to a quarter final against Boro now if we'd have shown a bit of interest in the league cup.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 am

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:I can imagine Garlick chuckling to himself if he were to read this thread. He be like 'kitty, what kitty? Haha"

Garlick is getting away with it again. Oh how Mike Ashley must wish that Newcastle fans were as gullible as Clarets fans.
Different game altogether Ashley has 54k guaranteed fanatics every week. We have the occasional 20k and the sort of fans who write the bilge you read on here.
Supporting a team is everybody pulling together through good times and bad. I wouldn’t want to go into battle with some of the bed wetting thumb sucking posters we have.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:46 am

What kitty will that be then? The one he isn't going to get in January .....Dawson/ Jay linked for a month......then we will sign Snodgrass or Lansbury.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 am

jrgbfc wrote:I'd love that to be case but I can't see it unfortunately. We could be looking forward to a quarter final against Boro now if we'd have shown a bit of interest in the league cup.
The key issue would be adapting our style of play against teams that we should be able to beat comfortably. I get the need for Dyche's framework in the PL for obvious reasons, but I cannot fathom why the same has been necessary against Accrington, Burton and Lincoln.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:52 am

taio wrote:The key issue would be adapting our style of play against teams that we should be able to beat comfortably. I get the need for Dyche's framework in the PL for obvious reasons, but I cannot fathom why the same has been necessary against Accrington, Burton and Lincoln.
Problem for me is the lower league sides are always happy to roll their sleeves up and get into a battle with us. It is a damning indicement on us under Dyche that we aren't good enough to then outfootball them. Against Lincoln our only plan was to throw Ashley Barnes on and go even more direct.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:00 am

jrgbfc wrote:Problem for me is the lower league sides are always happy to roll their sleeves up and get into a battle with us. It is a damning indicement on us under Dyche that we aren't good enough to then outfootball them. Against Lincoln our only plan was to throw Ashley Barnes on and go even more direct.
It's ironic that we played very against the one side everyone wanted to win against, more than anyone else - Blackburn Rovers.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 am

If we couldn't attract players when we had EL to offer them, we aren't going to attract many to a relegation battle.

The team has some problems for sure, but in most leagues it's fine margins between success and failure. If we are to go down, or even if we are going to stay up, we need to build for the future with what we've got. Jimmy Dunne and McNeill should be added to the squad and start the rebuilding process. There are a lot of players on the books that can no longer keep us at this level. They've done brilliantly for us in the past, and it will be sad to let them go, but if you stand still at football you get overtaken, and that is what has happened to us this season. Where the replacements come from is debatable, but they have to be younger, and faster, and arrogant enough to play with no fear. If this present run has shown us one thing, its that the 'team' has very little ******** in it. Frightened rabbits is no exaggeration. You can see that they care, and they do try their hardest, but they don't have what it takes to step up and face adversity.

Burt
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Burt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 pm

piston broke wrote:Different game altogether Ashley has 54k guaranteed fanatics every week. We have the occasional 20k and the sort of fans who write the bilge you read on here.
Supporting a team is everybody pulling together through good times and bad. I wouldn’t want to go into battle with some of the bed wetting thumb sucking posters we have.
Here here!

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:31 pm

piston broke wrote:Different game altogether Ashley has 54k guaranteed fanatics every week. We have the occasional 20k and the sort of fans who write the bilge you read on here.
Of course you never hear Newcastle moaning about Ashley do you
Which battle you wanting to go into ?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:19 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I was expecting to see a photo of Sean Dyche holding a cat.

We need a good January transfer window, if we're to stay up. I think it's that straightforward. But it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't sign anybody - in which case, we'll go down.
Can just see Sean in a Monocle with a huge scar below the right eye sat stroking a long haired white persian cat...

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm

EarbyClaret wrote:Sarri's comments on Danny Drinkwater surely timed with the January window in mind.

Difficult to comment on his current capabilities as he's so rarely seen but at the time of his ill-advised move to Chelsea would definitely have given us the kind of midfield presence we seem to be lacking at present.

Moses mentioned in the same piece, Cahill, as referenced above also a fringe player.
You read my...

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:28 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:No matter how perilous our plight may be come January, I will be very surprised if we dip into the market. It's never the time to buy. We have a squad (if fit) to sustain our sole objective to remain in the PL. The possible obstacle could be the FA cup but given Dyche's track record in cup competitions I don't feel it will be a hurdle.
I think it is, if it's the difference between staying up or going down. And I feel in our situation it will be just that.

Even 2-3 loan signings and paying a decent chunk of money would be a sound investment if it meant we stay up. Signing a player on a perm will be difficult, due to relegation clauses, the realistic chance of going down etc, but a 6 month loan could be a very sound choice.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:Honest question.... who'd trust Dyche to wisely invest a BIG kitty in January?

I think SD has got the best out of the team he inherited, yes he's made a few decent signings, Pope and Keane for example, but I feel those are outweighed with the not so decent ones or ones which his tactics don't suit like Wood and Vydra, both highly rated by fans I know of Leeds and Derby.

I think he'll struggle to sign players who would improve our current first 11.
In our best season last year the majority of our squad were not players Dyche inherited.

Mee and Vokes are the only ones i can think of who made big contributions who Dyche didn't bring in.

k90bfc
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 5445 times

Post by k90bfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 pm

We are far to cautious in our approach to games,Home or Away,ATTACK,from the start of games,with the right team for the job,Go for it,in a positive way,Much more of a chance of Winning the Game,than going one or two nil down,and chasing a lost cause,Sean keeps saying,The first goal is crucial,Why Not Us?

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:32 pm

With hindsight we clearly needed this "technical director" chappy in BEFORE the summer as we seriously needed to strengthen. It was ok imo allowing the likes of Boyd and Arfield and Marney to move on, but there wasn't really any serious thought given as to how we were going to replace them with "upgrades" and the targets we did try to deal with seem to have found our "pitch" and our package rather meh and most went elsewhere. Appointing someone to this role now smacks of somebody shutting the stable door.......

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Only 11 teams have scored more than us, not exactly most of the Prem like some would have you believe.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Spijed wrote:Only 11 teams have scored more than us, not exactly most of the Prem like some would have you believe.
Ultimately Spijed, people haven't made much our our goals for. After all we scored 2 at Fulham, 2 at West Ham and 2 at Cardiff quite aside from the 4 at home to Bournemouth. It's how many we're leaking that's the pressing issue. If you can score twice away from home you really should be taking something from the game imo.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 pm

By the sounds of it Dyche has enough problems trying to discover which of his players has been "letting the cat out of the bag" without trying to deal with a big kitty as well. :lol: