Scudamore - I hope we told them to do one

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Re: Scudamore - I hope we told them to do one

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:40 pm

It appears that the money is coming out of the Central Fund which is normally used for distributing funds amongst the clubs, therefore, they take the money out before distributing any of it to any club.
There was no vote on the decision at all and, because of the above arrangement, every club will contribute.
It is the PL looking after its own interests --as it always has done. We, as a club, are part of that establishment at the moment, therefore we have to adhere to their rules whether we like it or not.
I do not agree with this payment, however, it will not stop my attending matches because my days of protest are long gone ----they never did any good anyway.
This user liked this post: NL Claret

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:It appears that the money is coming out of the Central Fund which is normally used for distributing funds amongst the clubs, therefore, they take the money out before distributing any of it to any club.
There was no vote on the decision at all and, because of the above arrangement, every club will contribute.
It is the PL looking after its own interests --as it always has done. We, as a club, are part of that establishment at the moment, therefore we have to adhere to their rules whether we like it or not.
I do not agree with this payment, however, it will not stop my attending matches because my days of protest are long gone ----they never did any good anyway.

It sounds to me, I maybe wrong, that scudamore has the PL over a barrel and to not pay him off would cost them more in the long run either in TV cash or an expensive legal battle which would cost more than £5m.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:50 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Imagine getting out the top tier in an emergency if below you can't be accessed. There is always things to improve, but if you feel it is unsafe perhaps be wiser to go in another stand.
It is fairly obvious nothing will be done to that stand until "safe" standing is allowed so that is how it is. I bet when you were going in there when it first opened and there was an atmosphere from that end you never stood there thinking what if there is an emergency.
I’ve thought it years, I’ll go in that stand as my mates are in there and I enjoy it. Evacuating the stand has been a problem going back to when the police steamed into Burnley fans after the bast*rds game in the first season it was split and it bottlenecked down the gangways as people tried to get away (I get they should have left earlier).

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:30 pm

It's not Scudamore that deserves the anger. He was just doing what club owners asked of him. Get us more money. They couldn't give a crap about the game or the fans. Bottom line, end of story.

It makes my blood boil thinking of a bunch of Yanks, Arabs and Chinese money men plotting how to manoeuvre a Euro elite league

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:45 pm

dsr wrote:In an emergency you would go down to the front of the stand and onto the pitch.
You will have a job if you are in the middle of the pile downstairs!

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Imagine what the new person is thinking, nice easy job and when its time to go I will get a nice cushy pay off, as del boy would say lovely jubbly.
Jobs for the boys and if you scratch my back and I will gold plate yours.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Shore claret wrote:Imagine what the new person is thinking, nice easy job and when its time to go I will get a nice cushy pay off, as del boy would say lovely jubbly.
Jobs for the boys and if you scratch my back and I will gold plate yours.
I am sure its far from an easy job. You dont earn millions per year and get a £5m retirement bonus for a nice easy job.

Shore claret

Post by Shore claret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:01 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:I am sure its far from an easy job. You dont earn millions per year and get a £5m retirement bonus for a nice easy job.
I bet its not that the hardest job in the world, a product everyone wants cant be the hardest sell in the world.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Shore claret wrote:I bet its not that the hardest job in the world, a product everyone wants cant be the hardest sell in the world.
Get your application in!

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3341 times
Has Liked: 1962 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:09 pm

There isn’t a vacancy.

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Shore claret wrote:I bet its not that the hardest job in the world, a product everyone wants cant be the hardest sell in the world.
Imagine having to manage not one billionaire's ego but about 20 of them. He obviously earned some serious coin but I bet he wanted to headbutt one of them at least 3 times a day

Shore claret

Post by Shore claret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:13 pm

That job has long gone, she will be currently sat in a bath of asses milk laughing, being fanned by a couple of eunuchs with giant fronds.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:17 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:I am sure its far from an easy job. You dont earn millions per year and get a £5m retirement bonus for a nice easy job.
My dad didn't have an easy job. 12 hour shifts in a cotton mill starting at 6 am every day as well as six more hours on a Saturday morning. He didn't earn much either and didn't receive anything extra when he left the job. You are talking some utter shite here.

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:My dad didn't have an easy job. 12 hour shifts in a cotton mill starting at 6 am every day as well as six more hours on a Saturday morning. He didn't earn much either and didn't receive anything extra when he left the job. You are talking some utter shite here.
Fair play to your Dad but what has that got to do with anything. He obviously worked his balls off all his life but he didn't generate billions of pounds for a bunch of fat greedy money men
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:My dad didn't have an easy job. 12 hour shifts in a cotton mill starting at 6 am every day as well as six more hours on a Saturday morning. He didn't earn much either and didn't receive anything extra when he left the job. You are talking some utter shite here.
Fair play. But thats not how business works is it.

If it was an easy job we would all be doing that instead of doing 12 hour shifts a chimney sweeps!

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Pales in comparison to the bonus paid to the Persimmon Homes boss last month amounting to £75m.

When there was the inevitable outcry he promptly resigned taking his bonus with him. :o

Why wouldn't he? :lol:

Will people stop buying homes from Persimmon in protest? I doubt it.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:47 pm

kentonclaret wrote:Pales in comparison to the bonus paid to the Persimmon Homes boss last month amounting to £75m.

When there was the inevitable outcry he promptly resigned taking his bonus with him. :o

Why wouldn't he? :lol:

Will people stop buying homes from Persimmon in protest? I doubt it.
No, they will still buy houses although I have heard that quite a few people are going round to chant outside the houses just to let him know what they think. :)

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:00 pm

You more than imply that a 'not easy job' earns £millions. I disagree.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:You more than imply that a 'not easy job' earns £millions. I disagree.
You arent making sense.

LlandennyClaret
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by LlandennyClaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Are we the only club to have put out a formal statement on this? Had a quick look at a few others and none of those clubs had issued anything. Odd if that’s the case. :?: :roll:

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:12 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:You arent making sense.
I'll try and simplify it for you. You have said that if a job is 'not an easy job' the rewards are in the £millions. I said I disagree which was based on the 'not easy job' carried out by my father for which he received a pittance and no golden handshake or presumably any form of handshake at the end.

Ayamonte
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Ayamonte » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Crazy, obscene, disgusting. One of the main reason why I am falling out with football rapidly. If he was on a salary + bonus of 2.5 million a year was he not already ridiculously remunerated ??? He was paid to do a job. We all get paid to do a job. I worked with Richard in 1986 when he was a sales manager at Yellow Pages, not that that has any relevance other than he has done exceptionally well to get where he is today but there can be no justification for a payment like this.

....and then you have Sterling signing a new contract that will pay him £300,000 a week for kicking a f*****g football!......now say that to yourself a little slower.....£300,000 A WEEK!!!!! Someone earning 25k a week would take them 12 YEARS to earn £300,000......or put another way 624 WEEKS!!!

£300,000 a week over 12 years equates to...wait for it.......£187,2000,000.

The world's gone bloody mad!! I think I want to get off.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Ayamonte wrote:Crazy, obscene, disgusting. One of the main reason why I am falling out with football rapidly. If he was on a salary + bonus of 2.5 million a year was he not already ridiculously remunerated ??? He was paid to do a job. We all get paid to do a job. I worked with Richard in 1986 when he was a sales manager at Yellow Pages, not that that has any relevance other than he has done exceptionally well to get where he is today but there can be no justification for a payment like this.

....and then you have Sterling signing a new contract that will pay him £300,000 a week for kicking a f*****g football!......now say that to yourself a little slower.....£300,000 A WEEK!!!!! Someone earning 25k a week would take them 12 YEARS to earn £300,000......or put another way 624 WEEKS!!!

£300,000 a week over 12 years equates to...wait for it.......£187,2000,000.

The world's gone bloody mad!! I think I want to get off.
A painting sells for £70 Million in the same week that some old jewellery went for £53 Million ---yes, the world has gone mad but it has left some of us holding on to our sanity and putting things into perspective.

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:36 pm

I miss Sepp Blatter. A man's villain. He had the decency to laugh in your face and call you a knob whilst robbing and taking the p1ss
These 3 users liked this post: Shore claret GodIsADeeJay81 SussexDon1inIreland

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 pm

I'd sooner we put the money in a pile and set fire to it.
This user liked this post: Rumbletonk

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:I'll try and simplify it for you. You have said that if a job is 'not an easy job' the rewards are in the £millions. I said I disagree which was based on the 'not easy job' carried out by my father for which he received a pittance and no golden handshake or presumably any form of handshake at the end.
You still arent making sense. And i dont want to undermine the hard work your father clearly did. The fact is though it was an unskilled job and if he didnt do it someone else would.

If heading up a multi billion pound organisation and taking it to new levels of success is easy why not throw your hat in the ring?
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:A painting sells for £70 Million in the same week that some old jewellery went for £53 Million ---yes, the world has gone mad but it has left some of us holding on to our sanity and putting things into perspective.
I thought the picture was pretty crap too. Sort of thing you'd see at a local art club but a bit bigger.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:49 pm

We're at an impasse here on interpretations. I'm fine with that but less so on the patronising tone.

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:We're at an impasse here on interpretations. I'm fine with that but less so on the patronising tone.
There's no pleasing you as you flounce of in a big huff

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I'd sooner we put the money in a pile and set fire to it.
We've already tried that one with signing Jon Walters
This user liked this post: Rumbletonk

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Ayamonte wrote:!! Someone earning 25k a week would take them 12 YEARS to earn £300,000......or put another way 624 WEEKS!!!

I disagree.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:43 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:You still arent making sense. And i dont want to undermine the hard work your father clearly did. The fact is though it was an unskilled job and if he didnt do it someone else would.

If heading up a multi billion pound organisation and taking it to new levels of success is easy why not throw your hat in the ring?
That's Scudamore's position too. All he had to do was negotiate a new TV deal - that was his job. He's like Pogba's agent who made £40+ million for arranging the sale of Pogba from a club that wanted to sell him, to a club that wanted to buy him, when Pogba wanted to go. It's vastly overpayment for a straightforward job.

As for the rest of his job description, it could be summed up fairly simply. He had to persuade the 14 other clubs to do what the "big 6" wanted to do. Scudamore was never the boss boss, because if he displeased the big 6, he would be out on his ear. He didn't displease the big 6, so that is why they wanted to give him a sweetener on leaving.
These 2 users liked this post: Buxtonclaret SussexDon1inIreland

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:55 pm

dsr wrote:That's Scudamore's position too. All he had to do was negotiate a new TV deal - that was his job. He's like Pogba's agent who made £40+ million for arranging the sale of Pogba from a club that wanted to sell him, to a club that wanted to buy him, when Pogba wanted to go. It's vastly overpayment for a straightforward job.

As for the rest of his job description, it could be summed up fairly simply. He had to persuade the 14 other clubs to do what the "big 6" wanted to do. Scudamore was never the boss boss, because if he displeased the big 6, he would be out on his ear. He didn't displease the big 6, so that is why they wanted to give him a sweetener on leaving.
Sounds simple.

Where do I apply...

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:24 am

My thoughts on this are, if they wanted to give him a sendoff payment. Why does it just have to be the 20 clubs in the Premier now? Clubs like us and Bournemouth etc, who have been here 10 minutes paying the same amount that Man Utd do after 27 years of premier riches. Blackburn & Bolton 18 & 13 years respectively pay nowt. They could’ve worked it on seasons. 27 seasons x 20 clubs = 540 if each club paid £10,000 per season, ie; Burnley £50k, Blackburn £180k etc etc. he’d have got his £5m and everyone would’ve contributed evenly, including Blackpool with £10k.

4:20
Been Liked: 1065 times
Has Liked: 1191 times

Post by 4:20 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:04 am

Football's gone to the dogs, this is it for me, I shan't be renewing my Sportsmania subscription.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3160 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Basically it is down to the non compete - oh and the brass comes from the central pot not from the clubs individually

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... g-la-liga/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:05 pm

RammyClaret61 wrote:My thoughts on this are, if they wanted to give him a sendoff payment. Why does it just have to be the 20 clubs in the Premier now? Clubs like us and Bournemouth etc, who have been here 10 minutes paying the same amount that Man Utd do after 27 years of premier riches. Blackburn & Bolton 18 & 13 years respectively pay nowt. They could’ve worked it on seasons. 27 seasons x 20 clubs = 540 if each club paid £10,000 per season, ie; Burnley £50k, Blackburn £180k etc etc. he’d have got his £5m and everyone would’ve contributed evenly, including Blackpool with £10k.
Weve probably earnt more in the last three seasons than blackburn did in 18.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Chester Perry wrote:Basically it is down to the non compete - oh and the brass comes from the central pot not from the clubs individually

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... g-la-liga/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wonder how many fans will be calling the club in the morning to reinstate their direct debits?
This user liked this post: Chester Perry