Madeleine McCann investigation receives more funding

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Madeleine McCann investigation receives more funding

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:54 am

Madeleine McCann investigation receives yet more funding. When will it be time to end this farce, it's pretty clear the only critical line of enquiry the police should be following is that of investigating the parents. £11.75m spent to date, the whole thing stinks of cover up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46196238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 3 users liked this post: houseboy Funkydrummer mkmel

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Re: Madeleine McCann investigation receives more funding

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:06 am

I would actually laugh at your analysis, if this wasn't such a sad and tragic case.

What would you investigate the parents for? Who is covering what up?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3060 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:01 am

If it had happened at Pontins and not Praia De Luz, they would have got the square root of f all and probably be in the nick

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:If it had happened at Pontins and not Praia De Luz, they would have got the square root of f all and probably be in the nick
I'm sure it would've been properly investigated from the outset, had it happened over here though :roll:

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:21 am

Time they answered the questions they refused and also took a poly test! Getting to be a farce now...especially with all the cuts in funding for front line cops....Disgusting decision. All the while the McCanns are profiteering from books etc....why can't they fund it themselves....they are highly paid doctors after all....who left their kids alone so they could go drinking and have a good time.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Funkydrummer

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 am

They have friends in high places that’s for sure.

The Portuguese police already have the evidence to charge the parents but it has been blocked from a diplomatic level.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:48 am

Right_winger wrote:They have friends in high places that’s for sure.

The Portuguese police already have the evidence to charge the parents but it has been blocked from a diplomatic level.
But they let you know about it.
These 11 users liked this post: LeadBelly Suratclaret IAmAClaret Bosscat karatekid SammyBoy Damo Goodclaret Bertiebeehead Siddo mybloodisclaret

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:53 am

Some silly allegations on this thread. Be careful of the libel laws.
These 2 users liked this post: Suratclaret Bosscat

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:53 am

martin_p wrote:But they let you know about it.
:lol:
This user liked this post: paulus the woodgnome

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:59 am

All I'll say is that if I lost a kid, I'd want the government to do all they could to find out what happened to her and I wouldn't want them to ever stop till they found out.

But thats because I'm not a ****.
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 am

Worth a read

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsto ... olice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:10 am

Some disappointing views on here already... means testing the victims family !! Their fault so they pay !!

One can only assume that a business case had to have been made for more funding. In that case then there is work to be done. If the Portuguese had done a better job from the outset then maybe all this wouldn't be necessary.

FWIW, I think that if the parents had been culpable then the body would have been found long before now.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:22 am

"FWIW, I think that if the parents had been culpable then the body would have been found long before now."

Despite all my misgivings about this incident these are my views also.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am

Good post and some good viewpoints. The whole case is very shifty. Why weren't the questions answered ? Whilst the parents,even if innocent of something more sinister, didn't put their children first when they went out, at the end of the day a child is missing / dead in all of this. Hopefully the truth will come out one day.

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:33 am

This should be good value if it's anything like the last UTC thread on the MM disappearance. I recall one user directly accused Gordon Brown of being involved in the cover up, and another had damning evidence of the parents guilt but couldn't provide a link to it when pressed, only cryptically implying that it was there "if I wanted to find it". Yep, this one really brings out the conspiracy theorists.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:45 am

HatfieldClaret wrote: If the Portuguese had done a better job from the outset then maybe all this wouldn't be necessary.
If the parents had done a 'better job', it wouldn't have mattered how inept the Portuguese were.
These 2 users liked this post: Cleveleys_claret Funkydrummer

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:All I'll say is that if I lost a kid, I'd want the government to do all they could to find out what happened to her and I wouldn't want them to ever stop till they found out.

I presume like most other parents you would of answered every question police asked if it gave even a slim chance of helping find her?

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 am

The tragic thing is if they hadn’t gone on “the lash” with their friends leaving their very young children alone in a room in a foreign country adjoining a road with a distance of about 80 metres between them, not to mention a swimming pool, we wouldn’t be discussing this.
These 2 users liked this post: Cleveleys_claret Funkydrummer

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:All I'll say is that if I lost a kid, I'd want the government to do all they could to find out what happened to her and I wouldn't want them to ever stop till they found out.

Pretty sure you're not the kind of parent to leave your kid alone in an apartment/room whilst you're off out to have a meal with friends...
This user liked this post: Cleveleys_claret

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:00 am

The parents were badly in error to leave her alone but all parents make errors bringing up their kids. (NOT to be confused with parents who just dont give much of a stuff about their kids).
99%+ of the time the errors dont come to much but in this instance it did - bigtime. I feel sorry for them for that, it must be heartbreaking to know that your slip-up led to the loss of your child & not knowing what's happened t them.

Did people blame James Bulger's mother to the same extent for letting the little boy out of her sight in a shopping centre (genuine Q)? I dont recall that they did; maybe because the real culprits were quickly found and prosecuted/vilified.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:05 am

LeadBelly wrote:The parents were badly in error to leave her alone but all parents make errors bringing up their kids. (NOT to be confused with parents who just dont give much of a stuff about their kids).
99%+ of the time the errors dont come to much but in this instance it did - bigtime. I feel sorry for them for that, it must be heartbreaking to know that your slip-up led to the loss of your child & not knowing what's happened t them.

Did people blame James Bulger's mother to the same extent for letting the little boy out of her sight in a shopping centre (genuine Q)? I dont recall that they did; maybe because the real culprits were quickly found and prosecuted/vilified.
James Bulger’s mum didn’t intentionally let James go out of her sight, she didn’t plan for him to go.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by deanothedino » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:05 am

As much as I agree that if I were the parent of a missing child I'd want the government to do everything they can, I'd like to think I'd accept there's a reasonable timeline where using public funds is no longer acceptable.

As has been said above, we've cut front line policing to the bone - we can't afford to properly investigate every crime that is reported, people are in some cases behaving like it's the wild west delivering vigilante justice because we are so painfully underresourced. Yet, we can afford to keep throwing money at a case that will never be solved at this stage.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6416 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:06 am

LeadBelly wrote:Did people blame James Bulger's mother to the same extent for letting the little boy out of her sight in a shopping centre (genuine Q)? I dont recall that they did; maybe because the real culprits were quickly found and prosecuted/vilified.
Massive difference between turning your back for a few seconds and your child being taken and knowingly being negligent and leaving your children alone in a hotel room while you go and "have a good time" with your friends

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 am

Took a turn to the weird side after speaking to a work colleague of her father who was adamant that something was awry at the time of her going missing.

So many conspiracy theories on this one but it does go a lot deeper than just “my kids gone missing” - to the point of the pictures being used of MM in Portugal not even being from that holiday - why has there never been any CCTV of her at the airport landing etc ... or in general in portugal with her parents.

Why did the Dr who worked alongside her father (her dads best mate) and was being charged for noncing suddenly take his own life.... there are a few loose ends - any parent would want it fully investigated but there has to be a point where you go “right, we spent 11 mill and I don’t think it’s wise to keep spending now at that level”.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am

fidelcastro wrote:I would actually laugh at your analysis, if this wasn't such a sad and tragic case.

What would you investigate the parents for? Who is covering what up?
Stupidity? Fitness to look after a child properly? If they'd come from Stoops they would have been hung drawn and quartered. They were guilty of neglect at the very least.
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:06 am

Sorry mate but government money is not a bottomless pit and as sad as the whole affair has been there has to come a time when a line has to be drawn under it.
In the unlikely event that they found her alive because of her age at the time she won't even remember her parents and it would actually be cruel to take her away from whoever she was with.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am

I'll just repeat it as it appears not to have got through

"All I'll say is that if I lost a kid, I'd want the government to do all they could to find out what happened to her and I wouldn't want them to ever stop till they found out.

But thats because I'm not a ****."

No one knows the truth of what happened here. I've never left my kids on their own at that age but I'm well aware that lots of people do as I remember the discussions at work about it at the time.

No one deserves to lose their child in this way and not know what happened. No one.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:24 am

I think if a fund was set up to find my daughter, I would want to use every single penny of it to find my daughter. No way would I use any of that money to hire top lawyers to take legal action against people.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 am

Even if they accused you of murdering your own kid?

Even if the internet thinks you murdered your own kid based on some barmpot conspiracy theories and a lot of guesswork?

Come of it, you may well be a **** but at least be a honest one.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Even if they accused you of murdering your own kid?

Even if the internet thinks you murdered your own kid based on some barmpot conspiracy theories and a lot of guesswork?

No because my main focus would be to find my kid, you wouldnt gives a sh*t what people think. You would stop at nothing to find your kid. Unless you are a **** like you. Did people donate their money to give it to top lawyers?? or did people donate money to find the girl??
This user liked this post: houseboy

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

As it appears theirs is if you are being fair.

And you say you wouldn't give a ****? Look how you are flying off the handle at being called a ****?

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 am

I was only talking about this the other day and how it had all gone quiet.

Clearly things still been going on quietly behind the scenes.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:46 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:As it appears theirs is if you are being fair.

And you say you wouldn't give a ****? Look how you are flying off the handle at being called a ****?
No not flying off the handle.

You would use the money to hire top lawyers.
I would use the money to find my girl.

What does that make you?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 am

houseboy wrote:In the unlikely event that they found her alive because of her age at the time she won't even remember her parents and it would actually be cruel to take her away from whoever she was with.
Can't believe I have just read that!

Suppose, by that reckoning, it was cruel to take the the Fritzl's away from Josef!
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Siddo

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:59 am

I never said I would use the money to hire top lawyers though. Thats you making stuff up.

They have decided that they don't like getting libelled by ***** behind a keyboard.

I'd like to think I wouldn't do what they did (this is me being honest with myself, you should really try it sometime) but who knows? I can't even begin to comprehend what they are going through, especially as they know that if they hadn't left her to go for a meal she would in all probability still be here.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:14 am

There are lots of websites out there on this subject. The McCanns have some powerful friends. There are only a couple of photos ever been made available from that holiday. There were some very weird co-holidaymakers with them. The language and behaviour does not match mine or even come close... but there is no proof of what happened. I do know if I was spending money it would be on properly investigating the parents. Just so they could be vindicated if they are innocent. Cos half the world thinks they are the guilty parties.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am

andyh wrote:There are lots of websites out there on this subject. The McCanns have some powerful friends. There are only a couple of photos ever been made available from that holiday. There were some very weird co-holidaymakers with them. The language and behaviour does not match mine or even come close... but there is no proof of what happened. I do know if I was spending money it would be on properly investigating the parents. Just so they could be vindicated if they are innocent. Cos half the world thinks they are the guilty parties.
If the parents were guilty then the parents wouldn't be continuing to press for funding of the investigation after all these years. They could drop it without anyone batting an eyelid. Why would they continue to try and keep this in the public consciousness if they were guilty of anything?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:27 am

This subject always brings out the knxbheads

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 am

Sure does. The Shannon Matthews saga was way better.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 am

houseboy wrote:Sorry mate but government money is not a bottomless pit and as sad as the whole affair has been there has to come a time when a line has to be drawn under it.
In the unlikely event that they found her alive because of her age at the time she won't even remember her parents and it would actually be cruel to take her away from whoever she was with.
that must be one of the most ******-up comments I've ever read on here. This poor girl, if alive, has been used and abused by pedos, along with thousands of other girls suffering the same fate that you don't hear about because they weren't born to wealthy parents, capable of driving funding and publicity.

If the only thing that came out of this was that multiple pedo rings had been uncovered and shut down, then that would be a positive, but I'm not even aware of that...

and yes, they should not have left them alone. very simply it's neglect, albeit it if an instant nature, rather than prolonged, but still neglect.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 am

If anything positive has come out of this it is probably the awareness which has been highlighted to many parents about leaving their kids alone unattended.

They arent they only ones that have done that and if its stopped others doing it at least there is that.

Its perfectly plausible that they just left her unattended 'only' 80m away in a supposedly secure holiday complex. And its perfectly plausible that someone had watched them do that several days in a row before taking their opportunity to snatch her.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:Can't believe I have just read that!

Suppose, by that reckoning, it was cruel to take the the Fritzl's away from Josef!
You misunderstood me and that may have been my fault. What I meant was if they found her alive and she was, presumably, living in a nice place with a family with wealth (which I'm guessing would be the case) that loved her (however questionably she was aquired) it would be right and proper to take her away and charge the people she was with with abduction. However what I MEANT was a child remembers nothing before they were 3 or even older so unless someone had been kindly reminding her of her parents (highly unlikely under the circumstances) she would remember absolutely nothing of her past life, she would only know what she remembers from her current situation. Basically she would know her 'captors' as her parents and from that point of view she would be devastated at being removed from their care. Therefore cruel to remove her but nevertheless necessary.
I hope this has cleared things up. As a post script if she was found alive and removed from her situatiuon I would be loathe to immediately hand her back to her parents until they could prove to be fit and proper parents, which they obviously were not at the time.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am

NRC wrote:that must be one of the most ******-up comments I've ever read on here. This poor girl, if alive, has been used and abused by pedos, along with thousands of other girls suffering the same fate that you don't hear about because they weren't born to wealthy parents, capable of driving funding and publicity.

If the only thing that came out of this was that multiple pedo rings had been uncovered and shut down, then that would be a positive, but I'm not even aware of that...

and yes, they should not have left them alone. very simply it's neglect, albeit it if an instant nature, rather than prolonged, but still neglect.
I dont think it is ****** up per se. He has a certain point, in that if a little girl has not seen or been with her parents since the age of 4 she wont know who they are etc. He is not saying leave her with a paedo ring! He is saying that it could be pyschologically even more damaging for all concerned (including her siblings) if she is suddenly found and dropped off straight back into a normal family routine.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Even if they accused you of murdering your own kid?

I think you're wrong having a go at him bud, after all these are rich people and if they have used the fund money to hire lawyers for their own ends then they are even worse than many people think.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5518 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote: And its perfectly plausible that someone had watched them do that several days in a row before taking their opportunity to snatch her.
That has always seemed the likeliest explanation to me, possibly assisted by staff at the resort.

I can't help but think that the McCann's haven't done themselves any favours with some of their actions (i.e. refusing to answer questions) which has resulted in a lot of people assuming them to be guilty of involvement.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 am

fidelcastro wrote:I'm sure it would've been properly investigated from the outset, had it happened over here though :roll:
The Portuguese police did investigate this properly ... and then other forces intervened.

I suggest people watch The True Story of Madeleine McCann, part 1 onwards by Richard Hall, an investigative reporter from Newcastle. It's a superb Youtube series.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 am

NRC wrote:that must be one of the most ******-up comments I've ever read on here. This poor girl, if alive, has been used and abused by pedos, along with thousands of other girls suffering the same fate that you don't hear about because they weren't born to wealthy parents, capable of driving funding and publicity.

You are the one who is f**ck*d up mate. No one knows what happened to her and the chances are she isn't alive but you are making the assumption, based on no evidence whatsoever, that she is in the hands of perverts. Why would you assume that? My statement was based on the fact that children are often abducted to order but wind up with people who are wealthy and who care for them, it doesn't make it right but it happens. If that is the case here she should be taken away from the offenders but it would still be cruel because she knows no other life.

There, I've justified and clarified my statement, now you do the same, why are you so convinced she is with perverts?

Incidentally I think she is probably dead but you never know.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:58 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:I dont think it is ****** up per se. He has a certain point, in that if a little girl has not seen or been with her parents since the age of 4 she wont know who they are etc. He is not saying leave her with a paedo ring! He is saying that it could be pyschologically even more damaging for all concerned (including her siblings) if she is suddenly found and dropped off straight back into a normal family routine.
CC, if alive she is not living with a nice, law-abiding family. it's dreamland to think that. I've just spent 12 months helping grandparents adopt their grandchild in lieu of their daughter and their granddaughter's father, who are both drug users. it's a heck of a process, so "good parents" don't just happen on a child. More likely she is dead, or living in a secret "hole" for pedos.

And no, any decent child psychologist will tell you any child that has been abducted would rather go back to natural parents that they might not remember. That adopted kids typically want to know who their natural parents are is an illustration of that natural bond, and I'm sure their are members of this forum who would support that from personal experience

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 pm

martin_p wrote:If the parents were guilty then the parents wouldn't be continuing to press for funding of the investigation after all these years. They could drop it without anyone batting an eyelid. Why would they continue to try and keep this in the public consciousness if they were guilty of anything?
The thing I don’t get then is why they lawyered up and would t answer all the questions the Portuguese police asked. I would if I was innocent. I would understand why I was asked detailed questions and my answers would be consistent. Yes I would keep asking them to look for the real perpetrators but I would understand why I was a suspect. The McCanns and their friends were very unhelpful. The hired the worlds worst PIs. Etc. Why keep it in the spotlight.... so people might stop thinking they are guilty...

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:13 pm

NRC wrote:CC, if alive she is not living with a nice, law-abiding family. it's dreamland to think that. I've just spent 12 months helping grandparents adopt their grandchild in lieu of their daughter and their granddaughter's father, who are both drug users. it's a heck of a process, so "good parents" don't just happen on a child. More likely she is dead, or living in a secret "hole" for pedos.

And no, any decent child psychologist will tell you any child that has been abducted would rather go back to natural parents that they might not remember. That adopted kids typically want to know who their natural parents are is an illustration of that natural bond, and I'm sure their are members of this forum who would support that from personal experience
Its a fair point, and I am not disputing any of that. More defending the point houseboy had made, where people were trying to quote him out of context. The logic of what he was saying was sound.