ARTICLE: VAR, the transfer window and a few quid for Scudamore

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

ARTICLE: VAR, the transfer window and a few quid for Scudamore

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Announcements from today's Premier League meeting

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/var-the-tra ... -scudamore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

redwasp
Been Liked: 88 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Re: ARTICLE: VAR, the transfer window and a few quid for Scudamore

Post by redwasp » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:47 pm

VAR. If we are still in the league next season we might actually get a penalty but probably only after the opposition have been given two or three.
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretTony k90bfc BFCmaj

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:57 pm

£250k for the money we now get for the premier league. Pretty good value.

That said given that the big 6 get vastly superior sums shouldn't they be paying a larger chunk of the £5m ??
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:15 pm

To give some background figures in relation to #Scudamore payment. In 2017 FA Premier League Ltd generated £2.97 billion in TV/sponsor money, had £1.6 billion of cash in the bank, paid £198 million to grass roots, charities & EFL solidarity payments & total wage bill £16.7million https://t.co/FgTx9ziqzS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taken from twitter.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8518 times
Has Liked: 18268 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Just been reading on the BFC website about VAR to be introduced in 2019/20 season....

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 pm

£1 is too much, he gets paid a handsome wad!

He's helped market the game, fair enough, could someone else have done it? Probably.

We earned the premier league money by being a top team, it's not come out of his pay packet has it?

Absolute joke, but I don't blame the club. Hands tied it seems

k90bfc
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 5529 times

Post by k90bfc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Our Money,is so much spent a lot better,on our New Facilities Stands,At Turf Moor,For the Disabled,Money Well Spent,and Well Deserved,Thats what you call proper,Well Done Burnley FC.

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:09 pm

NL Claret wrote:To give some background figures in relation to #Scudamore payment. In 2017 FA Premier League Ltd generated £2.97 billion in TV/sponsor money, had £1.6 billion of cash in the bank, paid £198 million to grass roots, charities & EFL solidarity payments & total wage bill £16.7million https://t.co/FgTx9ziqzS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taken from twitter.
He gets paid handsomely for his work, do you get a huge bonus for simply fulfilling your contract?

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:He gets paid handsomely for his work, do you get a huge bonus for simply fulfilling your contract?
It's got nothing to do with me, I've simply done some copy and paste from Twitter as mentioned in my post.

Calm down.

Is it a bonus or actually gardening leave? Are the PL concerned if they let him go he could use his contacts elsewhere to the detriment of the PL? I've no idea and as I've mentioned it really has nothing to do with me.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 am

The thing is, it could directly effect the fans of the club. Especially a club of our size. When planning next seasons season ticket prices, the club could say due to the unforeseen and unplanned for loss of £250,000 from our budget. We have come to the conclusion that we can no longer freeze season tickets for the forth coming season.

It’s only one scenario, but a possible one.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 am

RammyClaret61 wrote:The thing is, it could directly effect the fans of the club. Especially a club of our size. When planning next seasons season ticket prices, the club could say due to the unforeseen and unplanned for loss of £250,000 from our budget. We have come to the conclusion that we can no longer freeze season tickets for the forth coming season.

It’s only one scenario, but a possible one.
Now that might cause a stir. Especially if the season finishes as it started. And the transfer activity does...

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 700 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:16 pm

The payment to Scudamore is abhorrent but unfortunately standard fare for this day and age.

The Sky TV deals could have been done more or less the same by anybody who was in that position. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time when Sky came along.
I would imagine the deal has been brokered by a couple of interested parties and includes a no kiss and tell book deal when he retires.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:He gets paid handsomely for his work, do you get a huge bonus for simply fulfilling your contract?
Here's another from twitter, again not my opinion so don't have a go.

Returning 6bn of turnover , a £5m bonus is the equivalent of a watch.

3 years ago I got a £20 go outdoors voucher when I left my last job which was probably a fiver each from the young girls in the administration team. Another tweet that made me laugh was from Nigel Farage saying that the Brexit deal was the worst deal ever. A reply saying that paying Sanchez £500k per week was much worse.

Football sold it's soul a long time ago and not this week. I probably earn the same in a year that Jeff Hendrick gets in a week. I still go watching as it is ingrained in me, the enjoyment is slowly going. When they draw the blinds in the foundation lounge I know the best part of the day (having a pint with my mates) has gone.

That is all.