Ipswich fans raise thousands in a crowdfunding campaign to buy tickets for fans who could not normally afford them

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1170 times

Ipswich fans raise thousands in a crowdfunding campaign to buy tickets for fans who could not normally afford them

Post by Falcon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:42 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-46223054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent idea this. Would anyone be interested in a BFC equivalent?

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7557 times

Re: Ipswich fans raise thousands in a crowdfunding campaign to buy tickets for fans who could not normally afford them

Post by Buxtonclaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Wonder if Scudamore fancies chipping in a few quid, given his 'well earned' bonus.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Re: Ipswich fans raise thousands in a crowdfunding campaign to buy tickets for fans who could not normally afford them

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:57 pm

So you want fans to purchase tickets from a multi million pounds business, to then give the tickets to fans who could not normally afford them?

I have got a way to make it more simple which cuts out the middle man. The multi million pound business gives free tickets to the fans who could not normally afford them.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:Wonder if Scudamore fancies chipping in a few quid, given his 'well earned' bonus.
I think every club should give him a ticket.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1465 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:So you want fans to purchase tickets from a multi million pounds business, to then give the tickets to fans who could not normally afford them?

I have got a way to make it more simple which cuts out the middle man. The multi million pound business gives free tickets to the fans who could not normally afford them.
Whilst that would be a nice gesture it would not happen any more than the tickets they already give away. I would assume this is because a) they want the revenue and b) if thousands of free tickets were given away each week those that pay to go on would start to wonder why they pay when others get tickets for free.
This user liked this post: Leisure

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Can I have mine for nowt?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:26 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Can I have mine for nowt?
No, you've got loads of dosh! :D

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:28 pm

I can’t afford a helicopter, can all helicopter owners please chip in to buy me one? Thanks.

If you can’t afford something you go without, it’s as simple as that.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Leisure wrote:No, you've got loads of dosh! :D
Only since my £5m pay off :? :lol:
This user liked this post: Leisure

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:Wonder if Scudamore fancies chipping in a few quid, given his 'well earned' bonus.
Scudamore could buy 166,666 of those £30 away tickets with his 'gift'. Or get the champagne bar on his yacht a new polished rhino horn worktop. Let's see what Bruce Buck says, and we'll go with that.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:33 pm

We all know a brown noser like Bruce Buck at work don’t we.
If you don’t then be worried.

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:03 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:I can’t afford a helicopter, can all helicopter owners please chip in to buy me one? Thanks.

Or put it on your credit card. I’m still paying off my two Bell Jet Rangers that I treated myself to last Christmas.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

MancClaret
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by MancClaret » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Falcon, I'd be interested. I think we need to form a fans group that embraces issues such as this. I'll do a seperate post.

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:I can’t afford a helicopter, can all helicopter owners please chip in to buy me one? Thanks.

In the unlikely event you manage to pull this off, I hope you've considered storage, insurance, maintenance. I'd have gone for a quad bike
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets PaintYorkClaretnBlue

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:08 pm

If I can't go, or have a spare, I always try and give it away.

I've assisted In helping families take children who normally wouldn't be able to afford it. Their appreciation at such a none gesture, makes you realise just how lucky you are to take watching live premier league football. We take it for granted.

I'd be a fan of the idea of BFC giving say 100 tickets a game away to children for all games, however even if it's just the other 13 bar the big 6 ( which we don't usually sell out anyway ) it'd be a start.
As a season ticket holder I wouldn't wonder why I had to pay and they didn't.
I have a season ticket because I want one and can afford one, some people don't have that choice.

If only 1% from each week return in the future, it'll have been a sucess.

Sadly when it comes to good deeds, helping the community, or giving something back to the fans, we as a club are not very good at it.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:48 pm

MACCA wrote:If I can't go, or have a spare, I always try and give it away.

I've assisted In helping families take children who normally wouldn't be able to afford it. Their appreciation at such a none gesture, makes you realise just how lucky you are to take watching live premier league football. We take it for granted.

I'd be a fan of the idea of BFC giving say 100 tickets a game away to children for all games, however even if it's just the other 13 bar the big 6 ( which we don't usually sell out anyway ) it'd be a start.
As a season ticket holder I wouldn't wonder why I had to pay and they didn't.
I have a season ticket because I want one and can afford one, some people don't have that choice.

If only 1% from each week return in the future, it'll have been a sucess.

Sadly when it comes to good deeds, helping the community, or giving something back to the fans, we as a club are not very good at it.

Never made a penny on a ticket in my life, was something my dad taught me as a child, same when selling anything to friends & family and my kids will be taught the same. I’ve had free tickets from a friend that’s plays and I always give them away to home supporters