I'm a Celeb

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Re: I'm a Celeb

Post by houseboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Falcon wrote:This show is my guilty pleasure. Well, I say guilty, I'm not guilty about it!

I'm quite impressed by the calibre of celebrities they've got this year. Usually I've only heard of 1 or 2 at the start of the show, but this time I'm familiar with half of them.

Nick Knowles is my early favourite for king of the jungle.
He shouldn't be scared of getting dirty or creepy crawlies.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 am

He certainly handled the creepy crawlies well last night. Unlike that young Hollyoaks lad, who was screaming like a little girl.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:44 am

During every advertisement break they still try and fit in as many ads to encourage online gambling on bingo and tombola etc. The programme even has a gambling site as a main sponsor.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:04 am

kentonclaret wrote:During every advertisement break they still try and fit in as many ads to encourage online gambling on bingo and tombola etc. The programme even has a gambling site as a main sponsor.

I mean that's true, but it's not exclusively an issue with this show. Gambling ads are prevalent nowadays in everything. Half the Premier League has a betting site on their shirts.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Falcon wrote:He certainly handled the creepy crawlies well last night. Unlike that young Hollyoaks lad, who was screaming like a little girl.
Heaven help him if he has to do a bushtucker trial,i thought Emily coped admirably with those pesky snakes last night,bizarrely it's usually the females who show more gumption during the trials,probably why recently they have been winning a lot.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:31 pm

I also reckon that Ann will be fine tonight. She wasn't perturbed by sticking her arm in with the spiders and crabs during the head to head trial.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:37 pm

I reckon Anne could win, providing she can last the distance.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:53 pm

You're right. She comes across as very agreeable and looks to be up for the trials.

Nick and Harry could have a chance if they keep being involved and getting screentime.

The portrayal and story the producers want to put forward is so crucial though.

Other thoughts...
John could be this year's Biggins
Emily could be this year's Scarlett Moffatt
Rita could be this year's Charlie Brooks

All three are kings/queens of jungle precedents

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

I've just noticed this story also re Kiosk Keith's omission from this year's show

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... m-a-celeb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Naughty boy.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 am

Well watched the last 3 nights and it's bloody rubbish, one of the most boring ever not helped with all the ads either, it just makes it worse.

They all appear to getting on at the moment and probably on their best behaviour, lets hope things spice up a bit and they start falling out and bitching to make it a little interesting.

Definitely not watching tonight, will be watching apprentice. I hope things hot up on Thursday or I will be turning over

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:09 am

Story running on the BBC News website "number of child gamblers quadruples".

It's not really rocket science that if you bombard children with betting advertisements during family entertainment shows (many of which are sponsored by gaming companies) then you are laying the foundations of a gambling culture.

In this country we always tend to take action AFTER the event as has proved to be the case with FOBT machines in betting shops.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:20 am

I think I'm completely the opposite of Top Claret in my opinion on it then.

I hate it when there's a massive falling out between two contestants. It becomes the main story of the show for half a dozen episodes, nobody else gets a look in and one of them will be doing all the trials. Just want to knock their heads together.

I like a united camp where the entertainment comes from their interactions against the adversity that the experience and trials put them up against, rather than bitching at each other.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:24 am

FactualFrank wrote:Scarlett Moffatt. What a clueless, talentless braincell deprived bint.
Fit though

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:Fit though
Turn off your predictive text
These 2 users liked this post: kicker_conspiracy DomBFC1882

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:29 am

Nah, i like em a little chunky and northern. These slavic supermodel types get boring after a bit :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: TVC15 Bosscat

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Predictions for tonight's task?

I reckon the barrow man will get a good number of stars, whilst screeching show tune lyrics the whole way through.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:49 pm

kentonclaret wrote:Story running on the BBC News website "number of child gamblers quadruples".

It's not really rocket science that if you bombard children with betting advertisements during family entertainment shows (many of which are sponsored by gaming companies) then you are laying the foundations of a gambling culture.

In this country we always tend to take action AFTER the event as has proved to be the case with FOBT machines in betting shops.
I think to be fair to I'm A Celeb although you could class it as family entertainment it is aired after 9pm so it is aimed at a certain demographic of a family. However regardless of the programme the Betting Ad market as spiralled way out of control and almost certainly now requires legislating.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Top Claret wrote:Well watched the last 3 nights and it's bloody rubbish, one of the most boring ever not helped with all the ads either, it just makes it worse.

They all appear to getting on at the moment and probably on their best behaviour, lets hope things spice up a bit and they start falling out and bitching to make it a little interesting.

Definitely not watching tonight, will be watching apprentice. I hope things hot up on Thursday or I will be turning over
What is it they say during the intro to the Apprentice, "Sixteen of the UKs finest business brains" I wouldn't let half of them hold the ******* bog brush at my place.

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Falcon wrote:Predictions for tonight's task?

I reckon the barrow man will get a good number of stars, whilst screeching show tune lyrics the whole way through.
Funniest thing I read today is that he is costing ITV a shedload of cash in royalties as there was a clause in his contract not to sing show tunes!!!! Brilliant!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18273 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:23 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:Funniest thing I read today is that he is costing ITV a shedload of cash in royalties as there was a clause in his contract not to sing show tunes!!!! Brilliant!
Has he got his Johnson out yet ...
He normally does at the earliest opportunity.

John Barrowman yet another reason to avoid Iacgmoh

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:50 pm

We had a Johnson come out in the last series.

Boris Johnson's dad. :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Falcon wrote:Predictions for tonight's task?

The barow man certainly got the stars all 10 of them.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:08 am

Smashed it

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:55 am

Will "Emperor" Noel have absolute power over the camp for more than just one trial?

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:37 am

Falcon wrote:I think I'm completely the opposite of Top Claret in my opinion on it then.

I hate it when there's a massive falling out between two contestants. It becomes the main story of the show for half a dozen episodes, nobody else gets a look in and one of them will be doing all the trials. Just want to knock their heads together.

I like a united camp where the entertainment comes from their interactions against the adversity that the experience and trials put them up against, rather than bitching at each other.
Hate this sort of program usually. And mainly like you for the opposite of topclaret.

Its my guilty pleasure this show though and this year has been great.

Knew barrowman would get all the stars. He couldnt not. And emily was class on the first trial. I definitely couldnt have done that one and thats what i like about this. In 2 days she had jumped out of a helicopter and been in a snakepit with 40 snakes.

Most if not all are likeable and good characters.

So far think James and Maliq are a bit boring. Although James seems a decent, genuine lad. Think Noel is going to rile Maliq and John. Think one or both will crack. And there is something Im not sure about with Sair.

Harry is great entertaiment. Think its between him, Fleur and Nick to win. Think it will be those with Rita and Emily the last 5.

You can see Annes a nice lady. But I think the public will tire of her being exempt from most trials, not staying in on the ones she can do and struggling in general.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 am

this is vile, another **** packed ITV show for the simon cowell generation.
Vaccuous pap presented by gobshites , including the hideously untalented holly willoughby and that tit from byker grove.
if you like darts, spanish holidays, jeremy kyle, this is your show.
Meercats adverts probably make you split your sides laughing too.
They drag nearly forgotten nonentities back into the spotlight for no good reason. If you enjoy this pigswill then we are as a species *****.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:52 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:this is vile, another **** packed ITV show for the simon cowell generation.
Vaccuous pap presented by gobshites , including the hideously untalented holly willoughby and that tit from byker grove.
They drag nearly forgotten nonentities back into the spotlight for no good reason. If you enjoy this pigswill then we are as a species *****.
Im almost ashamed to admit I watch it never mind like it. And absolutely cant stand any of the other sort of program like this. Pop factor. Britains talent show. Big brother. Etc etc

But this is a bit light hearted, hasnt got people aspiring to be z list (they usually already are :D ) and the challenges are pretty daring in the main. Its ewsy watching this year.

As for Willoughby and Dec both harmless enough. And shes preferable to Ant in every way.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:44 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:this is vile, another **** packed ITV show for the simon cowell generation.
Meanwhile your just a happy non judgmental pleasant cheery chappie!

Can you imagine how more happy life would be if we surrounded ourselves with positive personalities like yourself. I'm sure most people would prefer to be in your company than holly willoughby's..... nah only joking :lol:

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:42 am

Edmonds is gonna shake things up......

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:13 am

Diver, it was -12 here last night. You still thinking about coming over in the new year? If so, come prepared. It's only going to get a lot colder.

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:35 am

ontario claret wrote:Diver, it was -12 here last night. You still thinking about coming over in the new year? If so, come prepared. It's only going to get a lot colder.
LOL! Yeah I believe it is gonna get colder!

Elder statesman
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by Elder statesman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:39 am

Why Spanish holidays?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:11 am

Don’t feed the troll.

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:41 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:Don’t feed the troll.
The guy has nothing of value to say at all, just blind vitriol. Sometimes his comments hit the mark, but that is just pot luck. The law of averages.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:57 am

Not watched it for a few nights, boring as watching the clarets. Let me know when they start falling out and I will jump back in

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am

If you want arguments and petty squables, then Question Time or Parliament Live are your best bet.

It’s actually nice to turn the tv on and not see folk shouting at each other.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:07 am

Absolutely cracking episode last night. Noel Edmonds is nailing this emperor role to a tee.

Shaping up to be my favourite series ever if it carries on this well.

Think Holly has now settled in well after being a bit awkward in the first few episodes.

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:12 am

Falcon wrote:Absolutely cracking episode last night. Noel Edmonds is nailing this emperor role to a tee.

Shaping up to be my favourite series ever if it carries on this well.

Think Holly has now settled in well after being a bit awkward in the first few episodes.
Edmonds is a legend, his mask falls sometimes but that's adds to the humour! I think Holly is doing well, TBF she has some big shoes to fill on a show like this.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 am

He's an absolute crank is Edmonds, but it's worth his £1m fee so they can play 'Meal or No Meal'.

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:08 pm

this is vile, another **** packed ITV show for the simon cowell generation.

I know he is only fishing but sometimes you just have to bite - what an arse.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:17 pm

CaptainKirk wrote:this is vile, another **** packed ITV show for the simon cowell generation.

I know he is only fishing but sometimes you just have to bite - what an arse.
Top post... :lol: :lol: :lol:

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:22 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Im almost ashamed to admit I watch it never mind like it. And absolutely cant stand any of the other sort of program like this. Pop factor. Britains talent show. Big brother. Etc etc

But this is a bit light hearted, hasnt got people aspiring to be z list (they usually already are :D ) and the challenges are pretty daring in the main. Its ewsy watching this year.

As for Willoughby and Dec both harmless enough. And shes preferable to Ant in every way.
Very similar to my thoughts on this.

This year, they don't have any talentless reality tv 'celebs', like TOWIE or The only way is Chelsea flower show shite, or whatever it's called.

I can't say I'm a fan of John Barrowman (hence the OP), but overall, they seem a good bunch.

Willougby and Dec have both been quite funny in parts. I read there were odds of her leaving the show and Scarlett Moffatt replacing her... Good grief, I think I'd stop watching if she appeared on my screen.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I don’t like it either, but then it doesn’t bother me because I don’t watch it.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Since the programme is sponsored by a betting site surprised they are not offering odds on who can fit the most one line gags into 60 minutes, Alan Sugar on The Apprentice or Dec on I'm a Celeb.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:34 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Very similar to my thoughts on this.

This year, they don't have any talentless reality tv 'celebs', like TOWIE or The only way is Chelsea flower show shite, or whatever it's called.

I can't say I'm a fan of John Barrowman (hence the OP), but overall, they seem a good bunch.

Willougby and Dec have both been quite funny in parts. I read there were odds of her leaving the show and Scarlett Moffatt replacing her... Good grief, I think I'd stop watching if she appeared on my screen.
You know what you get with John Barrowman. But I suspect he will eventually grate on others and the viewers and will also crack.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Good effort from redknapp and edmonds on tonights trial. 150 years old between them being in there is a fair effort. Edmonds probably moved up a bit on the favourites list.

Think sair will go first.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Good effort from redknapp and edmonds on tonights trial. 150 years old between them being in there is a fair effort. Edmonds probably moved up a bit on the favourites list.

Think sair will go first.
Sair could go early she hasn't made much of an impression,then neither has James Mcvey. None of them would be missed by the viewers they are nice enough but bring little to the show.

If i had to predict a winner my dark horses would be Rita or Emily.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm

tiger76 wrote:Sair could go early she hasn't made much of an impression,then neither has James Mcvey. None of them would be missed by the viewers they are nice enough but bring little to the show.

If i had to predict a winner my dark horses would be Rita or Emily.
Agree. But the hosts like james and that could influence it. And he seems genuine. Think those two and malik will be early exits.

Think emily and rita will be in last 5 at least.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Greenmile wrote:I don’t like it either, but then it doesn’t bother me because I don’t watch it.
another inane comment amongst several, you lot are fans of this slop, when someone posts a topic, dont feel so threatened when a fellow poster diasagrees with you. the usual dregs show up with the fishing remarks, but it never is, you just club together in your smug tiny clique of saps.
The programme is aimed at gawping idiots, so you should all feel right at home. Dont forget to tune in to see what piers morgan has to say about world affairs on monday will you .

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:another inane comment amongst several, you lot are fans of this slop, when someone posts a topic, dont feel so threatened when a fellow poster diasagrees with you. the usual dregs show up with the fishing remarks, but it never is, you just club together in your smug tiny clique of saps.
The programme is aimed at gawping idiots, so you should all feel right at home. Dont forget to tune in to see what piers morgan has to say about world affairs on monday will you .
Now that IS pushing it. His name makes me sick!