Do "Shreddies" actually work....

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Do "Shreddies" actually work....

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:12 am

Watching the football yesterday my brother let rip.... (no need to explain that am sure) prompting a comment ... I bet that nearly "ripped your shreddies"...

Someone asked why are underpants nicknamed "Shreddies" prompting me to google it....

https://www.myshreddies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are an underpants manufacturer called "Shreddies" and they are "Flatulence filtering pants" removing odour etc....

Do they actually work?

Just the subject for a Monday morning making a change from 'Arry in't Jungle etc etc

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Re: Do "Shreddies" actually work....

Post by Sutton-Claret » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:21 am

I'm picturing a group of nerds in white lab coats testing these.

I'm no expert but I suspect they don't work - but would anybody actually return them.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:26 am

I thought this was going to be a thread asking if Shreddies really do keep hunger locked up till lunch.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 am

deanothedino wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread asking if Shreddies really do keep hunger locked up till lunch.
:lol: :lol: funnily enough that was another comment yesterday.... My Mrs said that exact same thing... :lol: :lol:

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 383 times
Has Liked: 234 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 am

Never heard underpants referred to as Shreddies - they're keks here (Skipton)
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am

Wash your ass after a ****, yr dirty b*stards.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 am

deanothedino wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread asking if Shreddies really do keep hunger locked up till lunch.
So was I.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 am

Bosscat wrote:Watching the football yesterday my brother let rip.... (no need to explain that am sure) prompting a comment ... I bet that nearly "ripped your shreddies"...

Someone asked why are underpants nicknamed "Shreddies" prompting me to google it....

There are an underpants manufacturer called "Shreddies" and they are "Flatulence filtering pants" removing odour etc....

Do they actually work?

Just the subject for a Monday morning making a change from 'Arry in't Jungle etc etc
Hey Boss, you never change, still pedalling toilet humour. :D

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:03 am

houseboy wrote:Hey Boss, you never change, still pedalling toilet humour. :D
:roll: I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at house :D
This user liked this post: houseboy

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Surely they would remove the whole point of flatulence.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Chobulous wrote:Surely they would remove the whole point of flatulence.
https://www.damninteresting.com/professional-farters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm

[quote="Bosscat"]Watching the football yesterday my brother let rip.... (no need to explain that am sure) prompting a comment ... I bet that nearly "ripped your shreddies"...

Do they actually work?

Why would you want them to? nothing funnier than everybody looking at everybody else in the pub with that look on their face thinking which dirty bas**** has done that.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:48 pm

I once heard a posh guy on the Parky show explaining that if you are a guest in an acquaintances house and drop a particularly offensive dump you should strike a match in the bowl. Burns off the methane apparently and removes odour. Not sure how this would work with shreddies so for information only.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:13 pm

They can indeed be useful ... about ten yrs back I had a very dodgy gut for about 6months. Anyway I drives to Manchester and trafffic was a nightmare. As I’m getting closer I’m really starting to get desperate , the turtles head was close at hand . By the time I’d parked in the big Armadale multi storey . I’m now in real discomfort but knew at bottom of the steps ( near the bookies )there were toilets. So I’m hobbling very slowly down the stairs touching cloth and using all the powers of my mind over matter , barely able to hold on and I knew I had literally seconds left , I turn left and the bogs are GONE! Now just a pay machine and prayer room . I had no choice I lurched into the thankfully empty prayer room took a draw out from a desk thing and “ evacuated” using said shreddies to wipe my arse . I covered it up with a few leaflets and left a fiver on top ( not as a flag but as a pitiful gesture for the cleaner or whoever had to find it) I sometimes wonder if it was actually god stoping me sh1tting myself in public . The moral of the story being never go commando you never know when you may need them .
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 pm

piston broke wrote:I once heard a posh guy on the Parky show explaining that if you are a guest in an acquaintances house and drop a particularly offensive dump you should strike a match in the bowl. Burns off the methane apparently and removes odour. Not sure how this would work with shreddies so for information only.
VIPoo ..... Advertised on TV

Bop
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Post by Bop » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Far more entertaining putting a lit match to a fart in company. It’s not really correct etiquette at some events though.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:29 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:They can indeed be useful ... about ten yrs back I had a very dodgy gut for about 6months. Anyway I drives to Manchester and trafffic was a nightmare. As I’m getting closer I’m really starting to get desperate , the turtles head was close at hand . By the time I’d parked in the big Armadale multi storey . I’m now in real discomfort but knew at bottom of the steps ( near the bookies )there were toilets. So I’m hobbling very slowly down the stairs touching cloth and using all the powers of my mind over matter , barely able to hold on and I knew I had literally seconds left , I turn left and the bogs are GONE! Now just a pay machine and prayer room . I had no choice I lurched into the thankfully empty prayer room took a draw out from a desk thing and “ evacuated” using said shreddies to wipe my arse . I covered it up with a few leaflets and left a fiver on top ( not as a flag but as a pitiful gesture for the cleaner or whoever had to find it) I sometimes wonder if it was actually god stoping me sh1tting myself in public . The moral of the story being never go commando you never know when you may need them .
Well never thought starting this thread would result in finding the culprit of that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:45 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:They can indeed be useful ... about ten yrs back I had a very dodgy gut for about 6months. Anyway I drives to Manchester and trafffic was a nightmare. As I’m getting closer I’m really starting to get desperate , the turtles head was close at hand . By the time I’d parked in the big Armadale multi storey . I’m now in real discomfort but knew at bottom of the steps ( near the bookies )there were toilets. So I’m hobbling very slowly down the stairs touching cloth and using all the powers of my mind over matter , barely able to hold on and I knew I had literally seconds left , I turn left and the bogs are GONE! Now just a pay machine and prayer room . I had no choice I lurched into the thankfully empty prayer room took a draw out from a desk thing and “ evacuated” using said shreddies to wipe my arse . I covered it up with a few leaflets and left a fiver on top ( not as a flag but as a pitiful gesture for the cleaner or whoever had to find it) I sometimes wonder if it was actually god stoping me sh1tting myself in public . The moral of the story being never go commando you never know when you may need them .
I was once in a lift in Germany during the 2006 world cup, I'd had a dodgy curry the night before and could see it rolling down my legs.... I got in to the toilet by reception as the cleaner was mopping the floor, and literally emptied myself. Its a horrible experience, I had to bin a brand new pair of shorts as well.

I would have gone anywhere in that moment, there's literally nothing you can do

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:I was once in a lift in Germany during the 2006 world cup, I'd had a dodgy curry the night before and could see it rolling down my legs.... I got in to the toilet by reception as the cleaner was mopping the floor, and literally emptied myself. Its a horrible experience, I had to bin a brand new pair of shorts as well.

I would have gone anywhere in that moment, there's literally nothing you can do
You’re not alone :lol: a shame shared etc but like you say if ( thankfully most people won’t) u pass the point of no return and it’s gotta go sonnewhere !

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:48 pm

As well as containing Flatulence filtering do they also have a silencer attached?