Did Ben Mee tell home fans to f@@k off at end of match

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretRock
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Re: Did Ben Mee tell home fans to f@@k off at end of match

Post by ClaretRock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:HOUSE!!

BEN MEE BINGO!!

Ben Mee headed a ball at Reading 5 or so years ago so he is beyond any form of reproach in some people's eyes!
AHH arise sir C*** I will take this opportunity to inform you im ceasing my interaction with you as I clearly gave one example of many where he put everything into matches for us prior to being paid £50k think fans on here develop chips on there shoulder as soon as we pay our players Premier League wages. Sooner were back down int Championship With bargain players we can pay cut price wages t better. Don't need these players demanding same wages as other players in the same league! Get rid of the lot of them. Put the reserves in! :?: :|

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 am

ClaretTony wrote:He's not the club captain, not as though that matters, and who are you suggesting considers it appropriate?
“He should rise above it but everyone has a breaking point” - reads as though it’s justifying why it could be acceptable for Mee to swear into the stands from yourself whether it was meant that way or not.

There’s no excuse for players to be doing that into the stands - if he went onto social media and said “Burnley fans can F off” there would be an outcry ..... it’s no different on the pitch ..... arguably even worse whilst on the pitch.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 am

Thing is most of us fans were at the club long before and will be here long after Dyche and any of the players have buggered off. That gives us a right to certainly make our feelings known. This season it has been unacceptable on so many levels.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:39 am

bfccrazy wrote:“He should rise above it but everyone has a breaking point” - reads as though it’s justifying why it could be acceptable for Mee to swear into the stands from yourself whether it was meant that way or not.

There’s no excuse for players to be doing that into the stands - if he went onto social media and said “Burnley fans can F off” there would be an outcry ..... it’s no different on the pitch ..... arguably even worse whilst on the pitch.

Couldnt agree more. Shocking. Especially in front of kids.

These 6 users liked this post: ClaretTony Leisure ClaretRock Goodclaret Chip Harrison Buxtonclaret

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:41 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Couldnt agree more. Shocking. Especially in front of kids.

Didn’t know so many club employees were in the CFS?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32526 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:42 am

bfccrazy wrote:“He should rise above it but everyone has a breaking point” - reads as though it’s justifying why it could be acceptable for Mee to swear into the stands from yourself whether it was meant that way or not.

He should rise above it is not endorsing what he did, I just said we all have a breaking point and sometimes when that point is reached you do something you really shouldn't. How on earth that can be seen as me justifying it is beyond me.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:44 am

ClaretTony wrote:He should rise above it is not endorsing what he did, I just said we all have a breaking point and sometimes when that point is reached you do something you really shouldn't. How on earth that can be seen as me justifying it is beyond me.
Have to agree completely. But in the heat of the moment its easy to think and act irrationally. Doesnt excuse what he did. And it is poor. But at the same time understandable. Weve all been there.
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:46 am

So are we all clutching our pearls over this? Do I have time to go buy a new pitchfork?

ClaretRock
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by ClaretRock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So are we all clutching our pearls over this? Do I have time to go buy a new pitchfork?
Might be a 2 for 1 offer with a flaming torch down local handyman.
This user liked this post: ants_g

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 am

How anyone can doubt Ben Mee is just ridiculous.
Without him we'd be foo*ed.
Always 100% and takes the hits other wince away from.
I'd also be frustrated if I were him tonight...
Literally no MF ahead of him showing for the ball when going forward.
And Taylor not capable of taking his man on - constantly passing back plus Brady offering little.
Long only ever passed it to Mee...
What is Ben Mee supposed to do? D4 and Cork were often miles apart ...
Jeeze some people on this board need to give their heads a wobble.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 am

Posted on Instagram apologising

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:14 am

Dyched wrote:Posted on Instagram apologising

I fully expect all Burnley fans to be grown up about it and accept his apology.
These 4 users liked this post: Foulthrow ZizkovClaret simonclaret cricketfieldclarets

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 am

I would certainly not lose sleep over someone telling me to F-OFF these things happen in every day life (especially off the mrs) and as Is life people make mistakes. He’s man enough to admit he was wrong that’s enough for me but just my opinion
These 2 users liked this post: RocketLawnChair cricketfieldclarets

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11048 times
Has Liked: 5657 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:47 am

Amazed how many on here would go in to a shop, pay 30 quid for something only for it to be broken and not complain about the sub standard product

The club treats everyone like a customer (because that is what we are) so the customer always has the right to complain. Now I obviously wasn't there so don't know the level of abuse but for the record I once called Paul Stewart a ******* **** for his actions. I couldn't care less what Ben did or said, the lad has been immense for us over the years and is probably just as ****** off as most of us are right now

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8726 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:06 am

It will be the part time and/or ignorant fans, getting on the backs of players, who will take us down....and then they will disappear.

Shame on them....mind out Ben.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:20 am

IanMcL wrote:It will be the part time and/or ignorant fans, getting on the backs of players, who will take us down....and then they will disappear.

Shame on them....mind out Ben.
I should have realised, yes its all the fans fault....

Bless you though for your loyalty to the players, it's sweet. Think your loyalty will be repayed? I would guess as soon as they are offered more money they will... whats the word i'm looking for... oh yes f@@k off.

Excuse me for shedding no tears for Ben, he got a few boos. Is he 10 years old or a fully grown professional footballer?. That's not to say people can't make mistakes, clearly he did, he's apologised, its finished with.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:43 am

Can’t blame him, there’s probably only so long you can listen to boos and abuse without responding. Half of you have probably told someone to **** off when you should have bitten your tongue before, be it in a work environment or in public so don’t come on here acting like butter wouldn’t melt and you’re outraged by Ben showing a bit of frustration.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3339 times
Has Liked: 1959 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 am

Seems very out of character for him.

It really is worrying to see how everything is unraveling at the club this season. You have to wonder what the reason is.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:52 am

ClaretTony wrote:He's not the club captain, not as though that matters, and who are you suggesting considers it appropriate?
I'll make it easier.
You're correct, I was tired and angry.

4:20
Been Liked: 1065 times
Has Liked: 1191 times

Post by 4:20 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:08 am

Ken Barlow snapped once in the Rovers, had a do at everyone, even Emily, and he still buys his papers from Rita after all that.
This user liked this post: Anonymous

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:14 am

ClaretTony wrote:Tom Heaton is the club captain - and yes he should rise above it, but as I said, everyone has a breaking point.
Maybe a lot peoples breaking point was the guff that was served up last night.

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:20 am

Rileybobs wrote:Yes he did, but it was directed at some morons who thought that he deserved to be booed. He played well tonight.
Apart from the og which could happen to any defender even the best. He's a pro and he was frustrated but to boo him? Pathetic. Well said Ben!

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by IndigoLake » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:23 am

He shouldn't have said what he said - it was unprofessional. However, he's only human and I can understand his frustration. Happy to hear he's apologised and now we can move on :)

stateofthenation
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by stateofthenation » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:36 am

20 games in of which I’ve watched 10 with my own eyes. The significant majority has been poor. The 2 league games we won can be counted as fortunate. We struggled past 2 inferior teams in Europe and got knocked out of the league cup by a team 2 leagues below us. Last night we were beaten by a poor team after only 25 minutes...at home. We have travelled literally round Europe, at great expense, to watch this garbage being served up. It’s 20 games now.. we have a right to be ****** off.

As far as I’m concerned Ben Mee telling the fans to **** off is ‘the breaking point’.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:51 am

Takes guts, fair play.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181127-074715_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181127-074715_Chrome.jpg (224.74 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
This user liked this post: Leisure

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:02 am

From the Jimmy Mac Upper I thought the crowd generally stuck with the team pretty well last night,heard the CF more than normal and once we got one back we didn’t hear a peep of the Geordies for a good while.
Of course you always get imbecilic comments and I guess that’s worse in the other stands.
Anyone who thinks the players won’t be hurting badly I think are deluded, we don’t sign the types who are just in it for the pay cheque, Dyche’s comments last night were rightly defensive re: the character of the players.
I didn’t see a lack of effort last night? I saw a team in the wrong formation stuck between two styles of play and some rank bad defending (as a team). It’s a formation that plays to nobody’s strengths if you can’t get the ball
in the opposition box on a regular basis. Our passing was better than the Huddersfield home game (hence the possession stats). The goals weren’t necessarily defenders’ individual errors (more our defending as a team). The inability to change things was what probably got on people’s goats last night, I know Dyche says sometimes it’s braver not to make substitutes, but we were so lucky not to be 3-1 down by the time the change came, and then you get frustrated subs trying to shoot with their back to goal from 30 yards.
Dyche himself is going through a tough spell, same thing happened last season to Pulis and WBA hooked him, they then sank without a trace, which I’m sure would happen to us if we did the same thing. Relegation is not that serious for a club like ours, it’s merely an inevitability (at some point) so we need to get over our be fear quickly. A certain section of fans have been fatalistic all season long and it doesn’t help, its definitely worse when you’re off the back of a successful period.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat simonclaret

bedfords
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by bedfords » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:21 am

These are the threads that bring out the true snowflakes.
These 7 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret deanothedino Lord Beamish Leisure Damo ZizkovClaret simonclaret

Bfcshaun
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfcshaun » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 am

Firstly claret tony is right everybody has a breaking point and the fans have one too. I am also sure he wasn't condoning Ben Mees response. The fans surely wasn't just booing Ben due to the fact nearly all of them were poor.
There is something certainly a miss within the team and they are not putting in both effort and performance levels compared previously. When they are warming up the passing and moving is more intense and fluent than when they actually play.
Whatever the players are not happy with they need to sort it out quickly and need to get back to the honest and hardworking close knit team they can be.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 am

He's apologised, end of it

Looked a bit better tonight, but he's miles away from where he normally is.

And he's not alone in that is he?

And it is time for some reality in the stands as well. We did really well last season, doesn't mean we deserve too this.
These 3 users liked this post: Lord Beamish brigante simonclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 am

Be nice to see the rest of the team show the same passion currently!

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 am

I'd like to tell quite a few who sit behind me in the JHU to f@@k off about 10-15 times per game.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 am

MACCA wrote:When the club captain, and them moderator of a fans message board understands and feels it's appropriate to swear at children In the stands, you know it's time to pack it in.

Like many who dare fans to "say it to the players face" regarding criticism, I'd more than welcome a player to swear ( or use that language) to my son . As he'd be more than "touch and go" for quite a period if time.

Disgusting from the club captain!

:D :D :D :D p**s funny

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 am

MACCA, a professional footballer would completely fill you in if you tried anything.

Remember that bloke at Rovers with Westwood?

They are a lot stronger than they look
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:16 am

Weird double post there!

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:18 am

Dyche and the players have had a remarkably easy ride this season for me with the rubbish that has been served up week in week out.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 am

jrgbfc wrote:Dyche and the players have had a remarkably easy ride this season for me with the rubbish that has been served up week in week out.

Get booing them then next time you go on and abuse them, sure it helps
This user liked this post: Leisure

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:MACCA, a professional footballer would completely fill you in if you tried anything.

And that bloke that ran to confront Robbie Savage. He quailed once he got there and had Steven Reid confront him. Fat lardy yob confronts Professional Athlete? No contest.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Bosscat

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4071 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:25 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's apologised, end of it
Exactly. Forget it and move on.

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Seems very out of character for him.

It really is worrying to see how everything is unraveling at the club this season. You have to wonder what the reason is.
I thought it was out of character for him to be holding out on his contract negotiations when I thought he was extremely happy at the club, we then signed Gibson probably because we had to think that we may need cover at Left CB sooner rather than later. The relationship between player manager and team mates will have changed imo because of his desire not to sign a new contract. I truly believe he is giving 99.?% effort on the pitch but it used to be 100% and that 0.?% of change is sadly enough to ensure that BFC are no longer his everything. Yet for us fans it remains our 100% everything.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 am

vinrogue wrote:I thought it was out of character for him to be holding out on his contract negotiations when I thought he was extremely happy at the club, we then signed Gibson probably because we had to think that we may need cover at Left CB sooner rather than later. The relationship between player manager and team mates will have changed imo because of his desire not to sign a new contract. I truly believe he is giving 99.?% effort on the pitch but it used to be 100% and that 0.?% of change is sadly enough to ensure that BFC are no longer his everything. Yet for us fans it remains our 100% everything.

You do realise that virtually every player in football plays for a club for money rather than they support that club ?

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:36 am

I like Ben Mee, his apology shows that he reacted to abuse when feeling gutted after a loss, but he cares for sure
These 3 users liked this post: lesxdp Rick_Muller Lancasterclaret

philh2004
Been Liked: 6 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by philh2004 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 am

tim_noone wrote:I didn't hear anymore whinging than usual tonight....and I've never seen a Burnley player tell the fans to f..k off before. Leighton James apart.
Ross Wallace did it to someone on half way line of JHL a few years back. The fan deserved it to be fair!

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 am

vinrogue wrote:I thought it was out of character for him to be holding out on his contract negotiations when I thought he was extremely happy at the club, we then signed Gibson probably because we had to think that we may need cover at Left CB sooner rather than later. The relationship between player manager and team mates will have changed imo because of his desire not to sign a new contract. I truly believe he is giving 99.?% effort on the pitch but it used to be 100% and that 0.?% of change is sadly enough to ensure that BFC are no longer his everything. Yet for us fans it remains our 100% everything.
I thought it was quite obvious why Ben Mee was stalling on signing his contract offer. It’s clear that the Club were in need of a fourth Centre Back(having gone a season without actually replacing Keane). Mee was keen to make sure that, as the senior Centre Half, he want going to be trumped for wages by the new arrival. It’s telling that he signed his contract just after Gibson arrived.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:53 am

Lord Beamish wrote:I thought it was quite obvious why Ben Mee was stalling on signing his contract offer. It’s clear that the Club were in need of a fourth Centre Back(having gone a season without actually replacing Keane). Mee was keen to make sure that, as the senior Centre Half, he want going to be trumped for wages by the new arrival. It’s telling that he signed his contract just after Gibson arrived.
Or more likely his agent spent all summer touting him around but there was no interest whatsoever so he signed a new deal with us.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 am

For me and I guess for the majority of fans we would all gladly take dogs abuse for 90 minutes a week to receive £50k a week in return.

If there were a set of stocks in Towneley Park and a notice up saying sit here and be abused for 90 minutes every Saturday and receive £50k the queue stretch all round the Park.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 am

I like that all of our fans know exactly how Mee's contract negotiations went and the details necessary to state he was 'holding out'.

I can only assume that you all agree to any changes to your contract at work immediately and always take a company's first salary offer.
This user liked this post: ClaretRock

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12491 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:59 am

stateofthenation wrote:
As far as I’m concerned Ben Mee telling the fans to **** off is ‘the breaking point’.
'breaking point' :lol: - Get a grip!

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:MACCA, a professional footballer would completely fill you in if you tried anything.

Not sure about that LC. Winston White once wanted a tickle with me outside the Manor Barn. He ended up with an L on his record.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

Should not have done it but no big deal. We don’t know what the fan said to him - but I guess it was equally as stupid.
Of course some of our fans are going to make a big thing about this and bring out the whole contract thing when simply it’s a bloke who has had a bad night telling another bloke who also had a bad night but then gave him unnecessary abuse to “f-uck off”.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12491 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am

paulatky wrote:For me and I guess for the majority of fans we would all gladly take dogs abuse for 90 minutes a week to receive £50k a week in return.

If there were a set of stocks in Towneley Park and a notice up saying sit here and be abused for 90 minutes every Saturday and receive £50k the queue stretch all round the Park.
Good for you.