Did Ben Mee tell home fans to f@@k off at end of match

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Did Ben Mee tell home fans to f@@k off at end of match

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:05 am

paulatky wrote:For me and I guess for the majority of fans we would all gladly take dogs abuse for 90 minutes a week to receive £50k a week in return.

If there were a set of stocks in Towneley Park and a notice up saying sit here and be abused for 90 minutes every Saturday and receive £50k the queue stretch all round the Park.
Seriously stupid analogy. In what possible world would somebody who is nowhere near good enough at something receive a wage the same as those who are very good at that same thing ?
Your second bit about those stocks being set up would be funny but for you actually trying to make a serious point !

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:07 am

And I saw Andy Payton get a good ******* hiding in the Yorke House !! You crack on MACCA don’t listen to LC.,

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:09 am

Professional footballers now are slightly fitter and have a much better, er, "diet" than the likes of payts did RLC!

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 am

A mate of mine once offered Damien Duff out in the toilets at utopia in Blackburn.
Duff filled him in there and then and the lad ended up in the sun with the headline "Duffed up"
These 5 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret ZizkovClaret simonclaret burnleymik CoolClaret

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:53 am

When you say “filled him in”...
These 2 users liked this post: quoonbeatz Damo

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:MACCA, a professional footballer would completely fill you in if you tried anything.

Remember that bloke at Rovers with Westwood?

They are a lot stronger than they look
You are of course as always, correct.

However I'd like to think I'd find another gear, if he or another abused one of my kids, certainly enough to put up a fight anyhow.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:00 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:And I saw Andy Payton get a good ******* hiding in the Yorke House !! You crack on MACCA don’t listen to LC.,
Its all hypothetical, however I didn't swear at him, he didn't abuse me or one if my kids.

I said if he had done ( which why would he ) then I'd end his career.

I'm more confused to those that wouldn't do so if their child was abused, as the abuser is a footballer and a "athlete"
Surely no matter how big or small you'd put ( or at least attempt) them in their place.

I feel sorry for some of the kids if their parents would turn a blind eye to such thing.
I always believed any parent would do ANYTHING to protect their child, obviously there are some that stop if it gets to the abuse stage...

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:03 pm

MACCA wrote:Its all hypothetical, however I didn't swear at him, he didn't abuse me or one if my kids.

I said if he had done ( which why would he ) then I'd end his career.

I'm more confused to those that wouldn't do so if their child was abused, as the abuser is a footballer and a "athlete"
Surely no matter how big or small you'd put ( or at least attempt) them in their place.

I feel sorry for some of the kids if their parents would turn a blind eye to such thing.
I always believed any parent would do ANYTHING to protect their child, obviously there are some that stop if it gets to the abuse stage...
I’m sorry mate but this sounds like virtue signalling of the most cringeworthy nature.

ClaretRock
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by ClaretRock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Wow how many fans get chips on there shoulders when our players start earning premier League wages. Tarky bought a nice new car let's get on his back because he was playing with an injury and had a couple of bad games Ben Mee wanted a contract that other Premier League CBs are on who have nowhere near been as good as him in previous seasons, now he is going through his first patch of not consistently been MOTM candidate, he's only playing for the money it's all he ever cared about!!!! Grow a set the lad is committed and has passion and is improving over the last 3-4 games.
These 3 users liked this post: Healeywoodclaret J50 claretgimmer

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:06 pm

If my kid screams abuse at another player and he reacts by telling him to **** off, I'd say to my kid "thats why you don't scream abuse at them"

I think its very important to teach kids the possible consequences of their actions.

Saying that, my lad (whose has had a Mee shirt every season!) would probably go "Ben Mee swore at me. AT ME! ACE! WHERE IS MY PHONE! SWEAR AT ME AGAIN BEN"
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller simonclaret Vegas Claret

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:16 pm

[/code]
Lancasterclaret wrote:If my kid screams abuse at another player and he reacts by telling him to **** off, I'd say to my kid "thats why you don't scream abuse at them"

I think its very important to teach kids the possible consequences of their actions.

Saying that, my lad (whose has had a Mee shirt every season!) would probably go "Ben Mee swore at me. AT ME! ACE! WHERE IS MY PHONE! SWEAR AT ME AGAIN BEN"
Now you've moved the goal posts, I didn't say if my child had abused Ben Mee that's how I'd act should Ben retaliate.,
I said iF Mee had abused my child ( and as stated why would he ) then that's how I'd act. 2 completely different scenarios which would be dealt with in 2 very different ways. ( although my children have been brought up, so they don't abuse anyone anyway )

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I’m sorry mate but this sounds like virtue signalling of the most cringeworthy nature.
As you can most probably tell, I'm not very bright, please can you elaborate / explain.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Great, as its all hypothetical.

No parent would put up with anyone abusing their kid but if they were giving out to a player who gave it back, I'd be much more inclined (like you its very unlikely to happen as my kids are taught not to do it and be respectful*) to tell them it was a pretty important life lesson.

*to others at any rate, think we are failing when it comes to respect for us!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Great, as its all hypothetical.

No parent would put up with anyone abusing their kid but if they were giving out to a player who gave it back, I'd be much more inclined (like you its very unlikely to happen as my kids are taught not to do it and be respectful*) to tell them it was a pretty important life lesson.

*to others at any rate, think we are failing when it comes to respect for us!
Then we are on the same page.

I did use the words IF for a reason, and made it clear I wouldn't expect a player to abuse for no reason.

( having met several of our players for more than just a hello, they'd still refrain from a reaction should they ever have the unpleasant experience of a minor abusing them )

As pointed out above this now needs forgetting about for all concerned, it won't do the club or player any good it keep in the spotlight.

I'd even go as far as deleating the thread. You don't want the papers getting wind of this and quoting things.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Leisure
Been Liked: 3802 times
Has Liked: 12495 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:36 pm

MACCA wrote: I said if he had done ( which why would he ) then I'd end his career..
Wow!

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:37 pm

MACCA wrote:As you can most probably tell, I'm not very bright, please can you elaborate / explain.
I am strongly suspicious of anyone who makes bold and public claims about how they would do something I’d expect as a matter of course from them, ie. protect their kids from abuse and harm. Why would they even need to state that out loud? I’d take it as axiomatic.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I am strongly suspicious of anyone who makes bold and public claims about how they would do something I’d expect as a matter of course from them, ie. protect their kids from abuse and harm. Why would they even need to state that out loud? I’d take it as axiomatic.

I see thanks for the explination.
I know it seems a given, however it appears it may not be the case.

I think the thread is only doing harm to both the club and player, and the longer kept in the spot light, will only be used as a stick with which to beat the club, player, fans etc.

It should IMO be removed now as we know all the facts and the matter has been dealt with.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:44 pm

I take it the sexual predator you recently started a thread about has been "sorted" macca, I mean he could be a danger to your kid rather than just swearing at him

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:51 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:I take it the sexual predator you recently started a thread about has been "sorted" macca, I mean he could be a danger to your kid rather than just swearing at him
Im hoping so, the school has now gone back to its usually closing time.

We've been assured the police and school have been working together to make sure student safety isn't compromised.

Although there's been reports of similar things happening at a school at the other end of town, so hoping the problem has been sorted rather than just moved on.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Do you know what, I wasn't particularly supportive for 90minutes.
As long as he wants to give his best, in my eyes he's allowed to be as frustrated as I was.

Easy to go overboard in these situations... It's not like he went to every fan and said f##k off to them personally, but I imagine what was been shouted to him personally probably touched a nerve when you've got had a poor game and scored an own goal.

This is the same player who is a cult hero for the 'Ben Mee Block'

Spike
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Spike » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Ben Mee has my full support .Some shocking comments being hurled at the players from the terraces and messageboards.

Cheshireclaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Cheshireclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 pm

I don’t think anyone on here is actually defending Ben Mee and saying what he did was right, merely understanding the reasons that led him to do what he did.

I’m sure the club will fine him, he has issued an apology and as captain for the night, that makes it a little more disappointing but I’d be angry with any player in a Burnley shirt giving it back in such an arbitrary fashion......and that’s the point.

By gesturing or shouting at a stand full of people which includes children, you are directing your anger at them by association. He didn’t mean that, but that’s the disappointing element of it. Like when Drogba threw a coin back into the crowd (and no, I’m not suggesting they’re on the same level of seriousness), he has no idea if that was going to hit a child in the head or eye. He just threw it back from whence it came.

Players do get dog’s abuse from fans but then it does make me laugh when some of those responsible for said abuse recoil at the response. I recall Billy Turley, a Northampton goalkeeper from many moons ago who spent 45 minutes in front of the away end getting all sorts of abuse shouted at him, during a match that ended with us relegating Northampton. He turned and gestured to us after the final whistle and all hell broke loose with people who’d been questioning every aspect of his life five minutes earlier, demanding he was arrested!

It doesn’t excuse what he did, but I understand why he did it. Ben Mee probably didn’t get anything like that level of abuse yesterday but I understand why he was angry.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Tbh I haven't particularly got any issue with the players getting a bit of stick after the way they've been performing or Ben Mee giving a bit back. Neither side comes out of it very well really.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Dyched wrote:Posted on Instagram apologising
Fair play to him

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:50 pm

MACCA wrote:Takes guts, fair play.
Hopefully the fans show the same mentality (and commitment) and also move on. I doubt it though.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Be nice to see the rest of the team show the same passion currently!
And the fans!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:05 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Hopefully the fans show the same mentality (and commitment) and also move on. I doubt it though.
It's over, a silly rant at a few ( probably ) is its after a painful defeat, apologised, which is never easy.

Hopefully get a big cheer next game and can put it behind him with a big contribution to 3 massive points.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 520 times

Post by beddie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Interestingly, if any one of those fans bumped into Ben today, let's say in the supermarket and they were on their own I bet you they would speak to him as if it was an honour, if you get my meaning. Sometimes in these situations once one fan starts something the others feel obliged to follow, a bit like sheep. I don't blame Ben in the slightest, if you give it then you have to take it.

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Ben Mee has apologised, He admits to being frustrated as were many others in the ground so for me that should be that until the next home game when the announcer should leave and NUMBER SIX BEN MEE until the last name called and he can receive a louder cheer, then hopefully at that point everyone can kiss and make up and Ben returns to something like what we have become used to.

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Belgianclaret wrote:I like Ben Mee, his apology shows that he reacted to abuse when feeling gutted after a loss, but he cares for sure
He cares because he's a true Professional..... Not because he's a Burnley Fan. But if he left the club tomorrow I'm sure he'd remember all the good times he had here.

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 pm

And on a slightly different subject but in the same stand please can we stop applauding the opposition goalie as jogs towards us at the start of the half to protect the oppo goal it boils my ****. At the other end Hart is getting dogs abuse from our oppositions fans.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Possible song for the cricketfield end....hes only human after all.......hes only human after all dont put the blame on mee!! Quite catchy it could be a hit!
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets CoolClaret

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:02 pm

100% on Bens side
This user liked this post: deanothedino

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:06 pm

tim_noone wrote:Possible song for the cricketfield end....hes only human after all.......hes only human after all dont put the blame on mee!! Quite catchy it could be a hit!
Brilliant :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:19 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Brilliant :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Link :D

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:33 pm

tim_noone wrote:Link :D
Youre welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Like Ben Mee but come on that apology on insta is a joke. Should of either kept silent on it or put a post up through the club apologising. Also should be donating his match fee to a local charity.

Just hope it fires up the squad for the next game

maccclaret
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by maccclaret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:00 pm

In the Orient Game season I remember Whooshy turning to the Bob Lord (yes, the Bob Lord) and requesting "will you just shut up" to one of the denizens giving him dog's abuse as he shanked another clearance onto the roof.

Back then we were outraged he didn't say please.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Could have done with Ben on here last night.

He would have been like a cocaine fuelled tourette's sufferer.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Funny how when James Mcclean had a pop at his own fans he was an awful human being but when one of our own does it it is acceptable
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Suggest he only said what most people sat around these people where thinking.

Move on.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:26 pm

If Ben Mee came into my living room, carrying a pack of matches and a jerry can of gasoline, and then proceeded to threaten to set fire to my kids, I should say; “Oi, Mee! No!”