Why would anyone want to be rid of SD??

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CBT
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Re: Why would anyone want to be rid of SD??

Post by CBT » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:46 pm

SkiptonClaret wrote:You honestly think the likes of, say David Brooks at Bouremouth, would get a decent chance under Dyche ? No chance.
Like I said if good enough and not many are they do get the chance
The lad Brooks must have played lower league somewhere and proved himself of playing in prem on a regular basis

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 pm

It worries me how many on here think that if (when) we do go down, we have some kind of guarantee we will go back up.

Believe me, the trick is not to go down.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:12 pm

SkiptonClaret wrote:You honestly think the likes of, say David Brooks at Bouremouth, would get a decent chance under Dyche ? No chance.
Your making it sound like Howe would give youth a chance though, whereas Dyche wouldn't.

For the record, during Howe's time at the club, he destroyed our youth policy and no-one had a good word to say about him in that respect. Under Howe's Tenure, players like McNeil would have been treated like dirt.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:24 pm

In 6 years how many young players has Dyche signed? Charlie Taylor, Michael Keane, can't think of any others.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 pm

I'm not saying I want rid of SD but he's not beyond criticism just because of his previous successes.

This calendar year has been nothing short of a disaster results wise. Our Europa League qualification was an incredible achievement but we limped over the line after the new year.

Our stats for this calendar year aren't good. If we take all competitive games over 90 minutes it reads as follows;

P38 W7 D13 L18

That's a win ratio of 18%.

I don't think anyone can be blamed for having doubts about his future given those stats and the bizarre line ups / tactics this season. We look like we've reverted back to the Sean Dyche side of his first 6 months in charge. I want to say he'll turn it around but I just can't see it. The squad looks devoid of confidence and Sean isn't the type of manager to make drastic changes to his starting 11 so I don't see when we'll come out of this slump. I honestly believe Brighton at home is our only chance of another point this calendar year and we could well be cut adrift by the new year.

I would hate for his tenure to end in this way but it's looking more and more likely with every game unfortunately.

peter_nobles_fringe
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by peter_nobles_fringe » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:24 pm

NL Claret wrote:Those calling for dychey to go aren't offering any solutions as who to replace him with.

Options

Moyes
Keane
O Neill
Bradley
Brown
Dowie
BFS

Changing manager brings zero guarantees.

Are posters / fans sounding like those of some of the former PL clubs?

careful what you wish for.
This is so very true go ask the Ipswich fans what they think of Mcarthy now

Safron
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Safron » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:51 pm

What I can't get my head around is why the majority of fans would rather us be relegated than sack this useless coach , you can't have sentiment in football or there is only one way we are going,and if we do change and still go down with a manager who wants the team to play decent football then that's fine by me father than this tripe

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:17 pm

No one with any common sense never mind knowledge of football would want to see Sean Dyche depart . He is the best manager we have had since Jimmy Adamson in fact could even be our best manager ever . Been going on since 1958 without a break and now despite a difficult season, and me like every other football fan having an opinion about team selection and tactics I am living the dream Premiership Football . Get real some of you negative posters

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Safron wrote:What I can't get my head around is why the majority of fans would rather us be relegated than sack this useless coach , you can't have sentiment in football or there is only one way we are going,and if we do change and still go down with a manager who wants the team to play decent football then that's fine by me father than this tripe
Useless coach?

We've spent 4 out of the last 5 seasons in the Prem.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Safron wrote:What I can't get my head around is why the majority of fans would rather us be relegated than sack this useless coach , you can't have sentiment in football or there is only one way we are going,and if we do change and still go down with a manager who wants the team to play decent football then that's fine by me father than this tripe
The only bit I agree with is that you are the “father of tripe”

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:33 pm

jrgbfc wrote:In 6 years how many young players has Dyche signed? Charlie Taylor, Michael Keane, can't think of any others.
Jimmy Dunne, Daniel Agyei, Dwight McNeil...

Probably most of this lot: https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/teams/u23-team/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Some people want Dyche gone, some people don’t (I’m one of those) it’s all opinions. The only opinion that counts is the chairmans and there is no way that he is going to get rid of Sean. He’s just had a major hand in hiring who he wants as Technical director, his mantras are on walls and signs all round the club and he pretty much runs the club top to bottom which nowadays is very rare. There’s no way the chairman or board will sack Sean relegation or not.

Safron
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Safron » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:08 pm

So why can't he see a change to tactics , formation, personel is desperately needed,,our next 5 games will bring zero points with the same team , tactics.then we are halfway through the season with 9 points ,with no easy games anymore,we are currently the worst team in the league ,where are the points coming from ?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Maybe that is an issue when you decide some games in the top flight for a club like ours are easy.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Personally I’m not really bothered about which league we play in. I want to be excited about going to the game, which at the moment, I’m not at all.

I can see this season going the way of the Brian Laws season – turgid football and very obviously going down.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Everyone we play against stretches us all over the pitch, they always seem to have space..unlike us, always seem to get the 2nd ball, our punts out of the box always seem land to an opposition player and come straight back at us. There is something fundamentally flawed with how he is setting his team up, far to rigid..never ever do they seem to anticipate something out of the norm. Its how he sets them up, all with a job and don't deviate away from that.

He's been found out...outwitted by every coach now, he's an absolute legend for me...but there cannot be any sentiment here, we must stay in this league.