Caught Cold After Kick Off,Subs Far To Late Yet Again.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
k90bfc
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 5445 times

Caught Cold After Kick Off,Subs Far To Late Yet Again.

Post by k90bfc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 pm

We are making the same mistakes,over and over again,Tom Heaton,Club Captain and Skipper,Urgent Recall,to get some Organisation and Confidence back in the Defence,Sean time after time,brings the Subs on,far to late,so frustrating,not much chance of changing the game,8 or 10 minutes left.

chorleyhere
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Re: Caught Cold After Kick Off,Subs Far To Late Yet Again.

Post by chorleyhere » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Quite so - players surely need 5 minutes to get into the match and then a good twenty more to alter the focus of play.
If Dyche was a chef I'd say he'd run out of recipes and we keep getting fed the same ingredients minus the spice !
This user liked this post: k90bfc

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 4481 times

Post by MT03ALG » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Managers usually make subs (if required) after about 60 minutes. Sean reacted about 20 minutes too late.

Carport
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Carport » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:32 pm

I don’t understand his need to have a ten minute dialog with his back room staff before deciding on substitutions. I don’t see other managers doing this and surely this could all be pre determined before the match starts. There are a finite number of scenarios (for example winning, losing, drawing, man sent off, man injured, opposition changing formation/substituting ) so surely it’s beyond the wit of Sean to know in advance if x happens I am going substitute y for z! Might need some tweaking to that thinking to account for any previously unforeseeable circumstances arising, but shouldn’t take ten minutes of touchline conflab. Or am I missing something?
This user liked this post: hampsteadclaret

Carport
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Carport » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Meant to say - It’s not beyond the wit.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Carport wrote:I don’t understand his need to have a ten minute dialog with his back room staff before deciding on substitutions. I don’t see other managers doing this and surely this could all be pre determined before the match starts. There are a finite number of scenarios (for example winning, losing, drawing, man sent off, man injured, opposition changing formation/substituting ) so surely it’s beyond the wit of Sean to know in advance if x happens I am going substitute y for z! Might need some tweaking to that thinking to account for any previously unforeseeable circumstances arising, but shouldn’t take ten minutes of touchline conflab. Or am I missing something?
It makes me laugh he covers his mouth so you can’t see what’s being said :lol:

What’s so secret you’re unhappy to share but let play out with the thousands in the ground and watching on tv Sean?

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Following the long conflab and the ages of dithering, it's almost always the wrong one anyway. Surely Woan doesn't need to cover his mouth to say "Wood off, Vydra on. It's a no brainer Sean and 20,000 people plus a blind man on a galloping horse can see it".

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Just what we needed, another post knocking Sean. Do us a favour and at least try to be original rather than the same old shi*e.
Sick to the back teeth of around 15 posters who are basically toxic annd are piling in when someone is down.

Tossers the lot of you.
These 3 users liked this post: hampsteadclaret cav Burnleyareback2

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:28 pm

k90bfc wrote:We are making the same mistakes,over and over again,Tom Heaton,Club Captain and Skipper,Urgent Recall,to get some Organisation and Confidence back in the Defence,Sean time after time,brings the Subs on,far to late,so frustrating,not much chance of changing the game,8 or 10 minutes left.
Just a thought but many think that Heaton may be the cause of all the trouble. I'm not saying he is but many do think that. If it is correct you can't let him back or you are giving in to management undermining. If behind the scenes there is some kind of revolt/whispering campaign you can't give in to it or your management authority is at an end. As for the substitutions that IS a mystery. As is the continued absence of Vydra. As is the collapse of our last seasons water tight defence. As is the form (or lack of it) of Mee (and Cork). There are more mysteries around Turf Moor at the moment than Sherlock Holmes could handle.
This user liked this post: lovebeingaclaret

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:38 pm

".......There are more mysteries around Turf Moor at the moment than Sherlock Holmes could handle."

We had better get Miss Marple in then --she would be the first female manager in the top echelons of English football.

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:06 pm

Well said Siddo I said the same and more yesterday on a thread that got deleted.

There are some posters on here that are not Burnley fans, and several others who are not very good Burnley fans.

UNITY above all has served us well in the last ten years, especially the last five years, from the owners/directors down through SD and all his staff, the players and the many Burnley fans.

- we are slowly losing that unity, and if that continues it is fairly clear where it might end.

I am not blind, and I can see that results and performances have not been great recently.
That happens to all clubs, including the top clubs.
Our job is to be supporters, through bad times and good...I dread hearing booing anytime soon [IT WILL NOT BE HELPFUL].
In our circumstances we have to play 'pragmative football' I don't think we have the resources [a couple on 'incomings' would be helpful] to do it much differently.

Some players have lost form, but I am bemused when some posters suggest that the players aren't trying..I just don't get that.

There are certainly three/four teams worse than us, and we can repair this..plenty of fixtures left.

Palace is another six-pointer, and Liverpool will be in front of us shortly with a very strong squad, and a vociferous 2400 fans - I really hope we can take them on in both arena's.

- a win against that lot will certainly help restore morale.

All of these clubs and their fans...Norwich, Leeds , Boro, Sheffieldx2, WBA, Villa, Derby, Forest, Brum, Sunderland, Hull and the rest are below us and would swap places with us right now, in the blink of an eye.
- none of them are guaranteed promotion.

The best way to hang on to what we have, is to keep backing the manager and the team instead of the moaning and negativity that has featured in the last couple of months.
These 2 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 Siddo

Jamesy
Been Liked: 780 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by Jamesy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:52 pm

hampsteadclaret wrote:Well said Siddo I said the same and more yesterday on a thread that got deleted.

There are some posters on here that are not Burnley fans, and several others who are not very good Burnley fans.

UNITY above all has served us well in the last ten years, especially the last five years, from the owners/directors down through SD and all his staff, the players and the many Burnley fans.

- we are slowly losing that unity, and if that continues it is fairly clear where it might end.

I am not blind, and I can see that results and performances have not been great recently.
That happens to all clubs, including the top clubs.
Our job is to be supporters, through bad times and good...I dread hearing booing anytime soon [IT WILL NOT BE HELPFUL].
In our circumstances we have to play 'pragmative football' I don't think we have the resources [a couple on 'incomings' would be helpful] to do it much differently.

Some players have lost form, but I am bemused when some posters suggest that the players aren't trying..I just don't get that.

There are certainly three/four teams worse than us, and we can repair this..plenty of fixtures left.

Palace is another six-pointer, and Liverpool will be in front of us shortly with a very strong squad, and a vociferous 2400 fans - I really hope we can take them on in both arena's.

- a win against that lot will certainly help restore morale.

All of these clubs and their fans...Norwich, Leeds , Boro, Sheffieldx2, WBA, Villa, Derby, Forest, Brum, Sunderland, Hull and the rest are below us and would swap places with us right now, in the blink of an eye.
- none of them are guaranteed promotion.

The best way to hang on to what we have, is to keep backing the manager and the team instead of the moaning and negativity that has featured in the last couple of months.
Good post. However don’t cling onto the hope/belief that there are currently three or four teams worse than us...... there aren’t.

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Time will tell I suppose..you may be correct

What about -

fulham
southampton
cardiff

and possibly..

brighton
palace
huddersfield?
newcastle.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Siddo wrote:Just what we needed, another post knocking Sean. Do us a favour and at least try to be original rather than the same old shi*e.
Sick to the back teeth of around 15 posters who are basically toxic annd are piling in when someone is down.

Tossers the lot of you.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:38 pm

hampsteadclaret wrote:Time will tell I suppose..you may be correct

What about -

fulham
southampton
cardiff

and possibly..

brighton
palace
huddersfield?
newcastle.

Think you've been watching a different team this year Hampstead. Apart from maybe Cardiff we're the worst team in the league. Fulham will be fine now Ranieri has gone and Southampton are likely to sack Hughes soon.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:45 pm

When you have dug your own hole it's hard to dig your way out
And idea after idea don't seem to work the only strategy then is try something different if you get stuck in a rut theres only one out come
Time to gamble do something different break the mold
We are losing games to predictable nobody willing to take it on what could we lose
We are doing that ourselves by sticking and not twisting
This user liked this post: k90bfc

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:51 pm

I've watched the 1st Newcastle goal so many times now. Cork, Long, Mee all make token efforts to block...not good enough

hampsteadclaret

Post by hampsteadclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:29 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Think you've been watching a different team this year Hampstead. Apart from maybe Cardiff we're the worst team in the league. Fulham will be fine now Ranieri has gone and Southampton are likely to sack Hughes soon.

But my comment is only partly based on what I've seen this season..[I have seen only 6/7 of them live]

We have only played one third of our fixtures, so plenty of time for things to improve, which I expect.
I am optimistic and having Tarkowski and Gibson available soon will be advantageous; when they play they will definitely tighten things up at the back which is needed because we are the leakiest apart from Fulham.

I think Ranieri will improve Fulham, but no guarantees that any Hughes replacement will shift them from where they are..who will it be?

Really important not to lose at Palace..I'll take a draw all day long.
Huddersfield were nothing special when I saw them at Turf Moor.
Brighton are catch-able and were Newcastle much better than us?

Essentially we must stop conceding soft goals and win the six pointers.

Be nice to see Vydra get more game time, including a few starts.