Project fear v1 failed so what do they do ??

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Re: Project fear v1 failed so what do they do ??

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:17 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

" It absolved the person using it from having to explain anything. "

What did YOU mean Marty!?

Now who's the one not willing to explain! !!! And why. Because it shows you fully understand that the deal isn't leaving.

Hoist by your own petard.

:lol: :lol:

Have a great evening trying to wriggle off the hook.!
Well I didn’t think it needed answering as it’s a perfectly clear English sentence. But if you insist I’ll change a few words. It absolved Brexiteers from explaining what Brexit actually meant. It’s something they’ve struggled with since day one let’s face it.

Over to you to explain why the May deal isn’t leaving the EU.
Last edited by martin_p on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:only about 349 million to go before he matches what you fell for.
What did i fall for ?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:20 pm

claretandy wrote:What did i fall for ?
So many things. £350m/week lie and the other lie about us needing to leave the EU to have strict immigration controls. The lie that we gave up sovereignty. The lie that Turkey are joining. The lie that there would be an EU army against our veto. etc

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You've yet to explain to me how it is that i'm a leftist and not a liberal.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tlIjMJBSnRE

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So many things. £350m/week lie and the other lie about us needing to leave the EU to have strict immigration controls. The lie that we gave up sovereignty. The lie that Turkey are joining. The lie that there would be an EU army against our veto. etc
show me where i've said we are getting 350m for NHS.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Can someone say gammon please, I'm waiting for it for a full house.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm

claretandy wrote:show me where i've said we are getting 350m for NHS.

Oh yeah. And the 350m for the NHS lie too.

You were convinced by the sum of all these lies to vote for Leave. You have been made a fool of.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Wait. Are you answering a question with a link to someone elses answer? What's wrong, couldn't come up with your own opinion? How very NPC of you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

The first three points of that video say i'm a liberal. I do believe in capitalism but that government should play a bigger role in protecting the people. Your opinion is that that's the liberal position. I also agree that race is insignificant. I have even unknowingly repeated the University of California's term "there is only one race, the human race" which you think is the liberal view. And i've also advocated for civic form of nationalism, such as with the SNP where that kind of nationalism is inclusive and welcoming of foreigners. I do however think that borders divide us more than they need to. But that doesn't mean i oppose nationality.

Should i really continue watching?
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

I was trying to justify turtles unhinged behaviour then it dawned on me ..
Brevit vote ...lost
Trump vote...lost
General election...lost
Kavanaugh case...lost
Mueller investigation...nothing burger
that's a lot to take..

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:46 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:I was trying to justify turtles unhinged behaviour then it dawned on me ..
Brevit vote ...lost
Trump vote...lost
General election...lost
Kavanaugh case...lost
Mueller investigation...nothing burger
that's a lot to take..

Come on then. What is it about me that makes you think i'm a Leftist and not a liberal?
Why are you so reluctant to share your answer?

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Oh yeah. And the 350m for the NHS lie too.

You were convinced by the sum of all these lies to vote for Leave. You have been made a fool of.
So you can't, that's fine, just admit you told lies then. I had already decided to vote leave long before the campaign, so you're wrong again.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm

claretandy wrote:So you can't, that's fine, just admit you told lies then. I had already decided to vote leave long before the campaign, so you're wrong again.
Ok. Why did you vote to Leave? Was it not to allow the UK to have stricter immigration controls?

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Come on then. What is it about me that makes you think i'm a Leftist and not a liberal?
Why are you so reluctant to share your answer?
True Liberals do not label anyone on the right racists or fascists at the drop of a hat !

If that's you (read a bit of your Trump stuff) then I'm wrong ... ;)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:12 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:True Liberals do not label anyone on the right racists or fascists at the drop of a hat !

If that's you (read a bit of your Trump stuff) then I'm wrong ... ;)

I haven't labelled anyone anything at the drop of a hat.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I haven't labelled anyone anything at the drop of a hat.
Ok IT fair enough maybe it's time to drop the insults I'm on if you are ? :?:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:34 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Ok IT fair enough maybe it's time to drop the insults I'm on if you are ? :?:

You want me to stop accurately describing the ideologies of people you like because you think they're insulting. Why don't you just stop liking those people and their ideologies instead?

Trump is a racist and a fascist. I know this because of what he says and what he does. If that's insulting to you then tough ****.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 831 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:44 pm

I happen to agree with the Remain supporters on here who say a large percentage of Leave voters didn’t really know what they were voting for but still two years on the Remain supporters /politicians with influence have failed to work this out and are making the same mistakes.

A large percentage of Leave voters were from the lower end of the social scale and were given two choices Remain (more of the same) Leave (something different). Leading up to them two choices the scales were tipped in Leaves favour when people who even before austerity had nothing but shite hurled at them were told (threatened) by two public schoolboys with further hardship. It then became a Fcuk you vote a real opportunity to take on the establishment. It’s hard to frighten folk who have stopped giving a fcuk years ago. This was Cameron’s and Osbornes huge mistake and what’s more the Leave voters despite not really knowing what they were voting for were proved right with regards to the initial threats. Yet the Remain supporters who do have influence continue along this path of worst case scenarios.

It is only my opinion but if we had a second referendum Remain would win by a landslide but not because we perhaps know a little more but because the Leave supporters I mentioned above have moved out of ‘Fcuk yousville’ and moved back into ‘Not Give a fcuksville ‘ where they reside during most general elections.
This user liked this post: SammyBoy

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Got to be honest RLC, I think some are also starting to notice that those who told them to back leave might not have their best interests at heart.

Doesn't mean the current lot do either, but my take is that whatever happens those in power have understood a bit more about the people they govern.

Course, they would have to do something about it, and thats where my position comes in. We can't do anything about it if we are in the middle of a self-inflicted recession, but we can if we either take away the risk (remain) or sort something else out (Mays deal being the only other option).

We've already had the Health Secretary on today saying that money is going into the NHS regardless of what happens, and that is a good thing!

Course, if it was going in anyway (which is what he said) then its not a Brexit dividend but the important thing is that its going in

claretspice
Been Liked: 2826 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:58 pm

The situation we've arrived at here, where the views and predictions of experienced, well educated people with real expertise in their field are treated with something close contempt and disregarded as being no better than lay opinions - or as being no more relevant than the views of a much smaller and generally less credible body of experts on the opposite side of the debate - is a little bit terrifying.

I'm making no judgment on whether people are justified in treating them with such scepticism. It may well be that it's a fair consequence of overblown predictions made previously. But the extent to which people are willing to question either the competence, or worse the integrity of these experts, on mass, is one hell of an indictment upon the society in which we live. It pretty much means we're reducing every major decision to uneducated guesswork.

Personally, I take the view that if an experienced and generally successful football manager gets a couple of big calls wrong in the transfer market, he still has more expertise in spotting a player than I do.
These 5 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Lancasterclaret Greenmile martin_p SammyBoy

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You want me to stop accurately describing the ideologies of people you like because you think they're insulting. Why don't you just stop liking those people and their ideologies instead?

Trump is a racist and a fascist. I know this because of what he says and what he does. If that's insulting to you then tough ****.
Just as I expected stuff you then LEFTIST ...

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:20 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Ok. Why did you vote to Leave? Was it not to allow the UK to have stricter immigration controls?
Fairer controls.

barba
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by barba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:43 pm

When you read what is coming out from the Treasury and BoE there is little surprise that no-one believes it:

- GDP in a disorderly Brexit would fall by 10%. In perspective it fell by 11% after WW1
- Interest rates would rise to 5.5%. Last time Carney said this his next step was to cut rates
- Assumes GDP gains from new trade deals from non-EU countries will be 10% of what the EU estimate equivalent gains will be
- Assumes no beneficial gains from being able to control our own policy choices.

The deliverer of the message gets to dictate the narrative and this appears to be politically influenced.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:43 pm

claretandy wrote:Fairer controls.
Do you mean less Poles and more folk from the Indian subcontinent, for example?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:03 pm

martin_p wrote:Point me to the economic forecasts that predict a bright future and I’ll have a look.
You will have to look for them yourself Martin. Most of us stopped taking any notice of post Brexit forcasts, following the mess your experts have been making of them for the past 3 years

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Greenmile wrote:Do you mean less Poles and more folk from the Indian subcontinent, for example?
equal treatment for all, based on the skills needed.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 pm

claretandy wrote:equal treatment for all, based on the skills needed.
Does that mean throwing out any British people without the skills we need?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 pm

claretandy wrote:equal treatment for all, based on the skills needed.
So you voted leave purely (or mostly, at least) because of the unfair treatment of non-EU migrants to the UK compared to that of EU-migrants? Is that right?

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Anyone remember about 8 years ago when virtually everyone couldn’t give a **** about the EU (apart from a few UKIP tories)

That small band of tories somehow managed to divide a nation to such a degree that all of a sudden everyone gives a **** about the EU.

Before any of this happened and none of us gave a **** things were not that bad really. I suspect far happier times than what’s to come because I cannot see any real positives for leaving.

I am a lay person when it comes to this. Well we are all lay people really regarding this, no one has a clue. I am in a more unique position because I am willing to admit I don’t have a clue what’s going on. But I suspect no one else does either.

Let’s just go back to happier times and forget all this crap. People were happier when they didn’t give a ****

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm

We can't forget all this crap, social media is littered with similar debates/entrenched views and will be for a long time.
Both sides are eager to see their version of Brexit happen so they can point fingers and say "I told you so".

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Practically we can’t forget it all, I just wish we could. What benefits have these UKIP tories given us so far

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote: Doesn't mean the current lot do either, but my take is that whatever happens those in power have understood a bit more about the people they govern
That’s not the only thing the acting government and future governments need to understand and absorb from the referendum LC. Democracy has to learn to operate in the modern world and quickly. It isn’t that long ago that the result of this vote would have been carried out a lot differently. The platform of social media as thrown Democracy wide open and created a ceaseless end of experts and commentators. I personally think for Democracy too work this isn’t necessarily a good thing. The system needs to adapt to deal with this.

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:58 pm

claretspice wrote:The situation we've arrived at here, where the views and predictions of experienced, well educated people with real expertise in their field are treated with something close contempt and disregarded as being no better than lay opinions - or as being no more relevant than the views of a much smaller and generally less credible body of experts on the opposite side of the debate - is a little bit terrifying.

I'm making no judgment on whether people are justified in treating them with such scepticism. It may well be that it's a fair consequence of overblown predictions made previously. But the extent to which people are willing to question either the competence, or worse the integrity of these experts, on mass, is one hell of an indictment upon the society in which we live. It pretty much means we're reducing every major decision to uneducated guesswork.

Personally, I take the view that if an experienced and generally successful football manager gets a couple of big calls wrong in the transfer market, he still has more expertise in spotting a player than I do.
Not sure what point you are trying to make there. If a football manager gets a couple of transfers wrong it doesn’t impact on supporters personally. We have been given a choice and that can depend on personal circumstances regardless of what an expert might say.

To my knowledge a club as never asked the fans to vote on a signing (it would be ace btw)

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1640 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 pm

So, which of these things is what happened today (clue - it is only one):

1. The Bank of England said that a No Deal Brexit will reduce GDP almost immediately by 8%.
2. The Bank of England has conducted stress tests on U.K. banks by making a deliberately worst, worst case scenario set of assumptions that would likely exceed anything the U.K. would face.

:?:

The media are all reporting 1.

The answer is 2.

So, it isn’t that “experts” are lying or incompetent. It is that they deliberately allow political spin to completely misrepresent their position.

The banks passed the test by the way.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:So, which of these things is what happened today (clue - it is only one):

1. The Bank of England said that a No Deal Brexit will reduce GDP almost immediately by 8%.
2. The Bank of England has conducted stress tests on U.K. banks by making a deliberately worst, worst case scenario set of assumptions that would likely exceed anything the U.K. would face.

The answer is 2.

So, it isn’t that “experts” are lying or incompetent. It is that they deliberately allow political spin to completely misrepresent their position.

They’re both true aren’t they? (and not really relevant to one another, unless your only concern about a massive drop in GDP is how the banks will cope).

A quick check shows the BoE says GDP would fall by as much as 8% within a year of a no deal Brexit, which isn’t quite how you worded your point one. Was that your get out clause?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm

The way that this whole thing has been handled has been shockingly incompetent from the very first moment David Cameron floated the idea.

Cameron totally misjudged the nation. He went to Europe to seek concessions and should have made it clear to them that there was a very real possibility that the voters would vote OUT. He didn’t because he didn’t think they would. He left with half arsed concessions that the public didn’t want.

He called a referendum, fought a terrible campaign and lost, he then resigned, the day after going back on his own promise to act on the wishes of the nation.

Since that day the politicians, who should have embraced the result and resolved to make it work have spent 2 years squabbling and showing Europe that we are a divided as a nation don’t seemingly know what we want from the top down.

The political ‘elite’ in this country have been utterly shambolic for years but this last 3 years have been an utter embarrassment.

I’ve actually decided that no deal is the way to go from here. If that’s where we end up the squabbling will have to stop and the powers that be will have to knuckle down and make it work.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Trust me, "No Deal" is the worst possible way to deal with this.

And I'm starting to get really annoyed with the intelligent brexiteers on here thinking that the remainers are stupid.

We can check the info you come out with, cos its all that is being talked about at the moment, so at least attempt to make a case based on reality.

I'm of the opinion that those that want a personalised Brexit to suit what they have always dreamed (dsr, crosspool) won't accept anything else and will regard anything else as a betrayal of their personal Brexit.

Where the hell are we supposed to go if compromise isn't even a word they recognise?

QUICK EDIT - I'm using "they" to describe more than CP and DSR, as ever Brexiteer appears to have a different view of what Brexit means
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Mala591
Been Liked: 684 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Ok. So our lovely democratic MP's reject May's Brexit deal.

The deal is amended to take out the Ireland backstop.

The EU refuse to accept the amended document.

No deal Brexit is then the only option.

Stock market beginsto collapse and emergency general election is called.

No clear majority is the result.

Leave date (article 50) is postponed for 12 months.

We are back to square one and new negotiations begin with a 'UK cross party coalition group'

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:So, which of these things is what happened today (clue - it is only one):

The answer is 2.

The fact that you think that it has to be either 1 or 2 shows how little you understand

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Thats what is being mooted, but you've missed out the bit where Labour back a Peoples vote and they have the numbers to push it through (as long as enough Tories back them)

Still think the vote will be a lot closer than anyone thinks, as it is Brexit.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 pm

Greenmile wrote:They’re both true aren’t they? (and not really relevant to one another, unless your only concern about a massive drop in GDP is how the banks will cope).

A quick check shows the BoE says GDP would fall by as much as 8% within a year of a no deal Brexit, which isn’t quite how you worded your point one. Was that your get out clause?
The first isn’t true as written. The BOE has said the WORST CASE is that GDP COULD fall 8% in the first year after a no deal Brexit.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Mala591 wrote: We are back to square one and new negotiations begin with a 'UK cross party coalition group'
More than a few of us had the opinion that a cross party group was the best option.
Unfortunately our political parties would rather engage in dick waving instead of doing something together and that's pretty much all the opposition parties have been doing for the last few years over Brexit :roll:

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:More than a few of us had the opinion that a cross party group was the best option.
Unfortunately our political parties would rather engage in dick waving instead of doing something together and that's pretty much all the opposition parties have been doing for the last few years over Brexit :roll:
Most of the ‘dick waving’ has been coming from the mostly Tory ERG.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Aye, the drive by the ERG to make sure we got this Canada +%^&£$$+++£$" deal they talked about a lot but didn't actually put anything concrete into place hasn't helped at all.

Neither has Mays daft election call

And neither has the lack of an opposition, terrified of having a position in case it costs them votes.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:20 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:More than a few of us had the opinion that a cross party group was the best option.
Whereas the Tories have been "strong and stable" ? :roll:

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Trust me, "No Deal" is the worst possible way to deal with this.

And I'm starting to get really annoyed with the intelligent brexiteers on here thinking that the remainers are stupid.
To be fair Lancaster, leave voters have been cast as morons from the day they cast their vote.

If the EU won’t budge, as they keep saying they won’t and they have no reason to budge, as they hold all the cards, as remain voters keep telling us, then no deal is the only option should this deal not get through parliament.

No deal is better than a bad deal. Trust me.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 3177 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Anyone got a link to today's economic projections/forecasts or whatever they are being called. I'd like to read direct from the source.

Whatever we think of "experts" - can we agree that the way the media reports the views of these experts is not that accurate? And, is very possibly driven by their own editorial leanings.

From The Times I read that:

"A no deal Brexit would cause at least as much damage as the financial crisis, the Bank of England has warned.

If the UK crashed out of the EU without a deal the economy would shrink 8 per cent, house prices would fall 30 per cent and inflation would soar to 6.5 per cent, according to an analysis of various Brexit scenarios published by the Bank this afternoon.

In response to the dramatic rise in inflation the Bank assumes it would have to raise interest rates to 5.5 per cent — more than seven times the current 0.75 per cent. Unemployment would peak at 7.5 per cent.

In the 2008 financial crisis, the economy collapsed by 6.3 per cent and unemployment peaked just above 8 per cent."

The article continues:

"The Bank stressed that none of its projections were forecasts, only scenarios. “These scenarios illustrate what could happen, not necessarily what is most likely to happen under a range of assumptions,” it said."

Further down the same article says:

"The assessment comes as a separate Whitehall analysis showed today that Britons will be worse off under all Brexit scenarios — with the economy eventually up to 3.1 per cent smaller even if Theresa May gets her preferred outcome.

The government released an 83-page analysis on the possible changes to GDP, tax revenue and trade in about 2035, 15 years from the end of the implementation period."

We can all read that BoE said "these aren't forecasts, only scenarios..... what could happen, not necessarily what is most likely to happen under a range of assumptions."

So, why didn't The Times open with a sentence that reads: "The Bank of England developed some scenarios to use in stress testing the UK's major banks capital in the event of a no-deal brexit - and found that in the BoE's worst case scenario all the banks had adequate capital to mange those risks."

No where did the Bank of England say "If the UK crashed out of the EU without a deal the economy would shrink 8 per cent,...." etc, etc.

Anyway, as above, if anyone has links to the 83 pages the Gov't has published today I look forward to reading what was actually said.
This user liked this post: CrosspoolClarets

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:36 pm

I think there's a lot more to Brexit than house prices, inflation and unemployment, it's about the long term future of the nation with respect to being swamped by technology, people from elsewhere who have not the same traditions of care for this country and its values whose ancestors did not build this country and its institutions and by products from the EU that are overwhelming our state e.g. German cars.

Not least the loss of our independent law, the susceptibility to European trends of mass psychosis (they have a history of collective mania) etc.

With climate change coming, we have to have a long-term re-think. If we go down the road of Jap and German pre-fab housing we could be a shanty town third world country in a generation living in tents.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:40 pm

TVC15 wrote:The fact that you think that it has to be either 1 or 2 shows how little you understand
I’d ask which bit of the Bank’s 88 page report you found most illuminating but I have a feeling you wouldn’t have read it despite your superiority complex showing you up to be a Remainer.

One or two desparate Remainers on here are also picking holes in my words, of course I posted from memory in a spare few minutes.

Now I’m not working though I can look for a more conclusive quote from the Bank report. Try this one. Read the last sentence. Is this what the media is reporting? (Note I’m referring to misreporting in these 2 posts).

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media ... CAB8735DFB

“To assess the ability of the banking system to continue lending to households and businesses in the most adverse outcomes, the FPC has compared the scenario that banks were tested against in this year’s annual stress test with a worst-case scenario that could be associated with a ‘no deal no transition’ Brexit. The “disruptive” and the “disorderly” Brexit scenarios are therefore not forecasts for the economy in the event that the UK leaves the EU with no deal and no transition period.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:45 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Anyway, as above, if anyone has links to the 83 pages the Gov't has published today I look forward to reading what was actually said.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... alysis.pdf

There you are Paul. The Bank one was in my last post.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine