The Technical Director's role

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

The Technical Director's role

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:12 pm

There has been much discussion in various threads about SD's style of football. I wonder if the new Technical Director will have much influence in this area as well as in the targets for recruitment. ?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Re: The Technical Director's role

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:14 pm

I don't think a Technical director has a say in the football played on the pitch or why would we have a Manager/Coach but ..... I might be wrong :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Fingers crossed his first job is finding us a new manager

Indecisive
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Fingers crossed his first job is finding us a new manager
Eugh.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Fingers crossed his first job is finding us a new manager
You really are boring .... and sound remarkably like a certain "Claret from Calverley" that infested the Lancashire Blackburnigraph forums...
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

karatekid
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 316 times

Post by karatekid » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:32 pm

He sets out his role in his interview on clarets player

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:49 pm

feeling a lot better after watching it

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/claretsplayer/

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2918 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Troll-Bot.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Come on peeps...the football being served up week after week is shite. SD always talks about progression and improving. Where is the improvement and progress in the last 12 months. Happy clap as much as you like but SD is only taking hs down. I have said this since the season began and every game so far bar Bournemouth has strsngthened my belief
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:07 pm

You didn't like Dyche last season either did you?

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Not vocal on here about it although I was starting to get bored of going watching us. The way SD approached the transfer window was the final nail in the coffin for me. He often talks about growing and developing the squad yet is so stuck in his ways he refuses to adapt himself.

His treatment of Heaton has been shocking. His refusal to play Vydra is head scratching. His playing Tarkowski although he was injured is disgraceful.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Not vocal on here about it although I was starting to get bored of going watching us. The way SD approached the transfer window was the final nail in the coffin for me. He often talks about growing and developing the squad yet is so stuck in his ways he refuses to adapt himself.

His treatment of Heaton has been shocking. His refusal to play Vydra is head scratching. His playing Tarkowski although he was injured is disgraceful.
You sound remarkably like that Ersatz Claret from The Lancashire Blackburnegraph .... Claret from Calverley.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Come on peeps...the football being served up week after week is shite. SD always talks about progression and improving. Where is the improvement and progress in the last 12 months. Happy clap as much as you like but SD is only taking hs down. I have said this since the season began and every game so far bar Bournemouth has strsngthened my belief
Troll

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:13 am

What a great interview, I’m looking forward to what he can bring to the table.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:47 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Not vocal on here about it although I was starting to get bored of going watching us. The way SD approached the transfer window was the final nail in the coffin for me. He often talks about growing and developing the squad yet is so stuck in his ways he refuses to adapt himself.

Why not give up on the club now instead of next season like you said you are doing, save you a lot of hurt.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 am

Simple solution...don`t go on the games. You will be happier and so will all of we.
Why would somebody who hates something so much waste time and money on that same thing ?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 am

How long would you give a new manager btw, if we ended up in a worse position?

As for Heaton, what would have happened had he played against Southampton and had a re-occurrence of his shoulder injury?

We needed cover fast, and you would have been one of the first to moan if we'd had to play Legzdins in goal.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:39 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Why not give up on the club now instead of next season like you said you are doing, save you a lot of hurt.
Please find where I said that.

Never said such a thing, I did say that i will not waste anymore money going to away games while the football is so dreadful. Fingers crossed next season we wont have SD in charge and will have a manager that has us playing football. Not bothered what division we are in
Last edited by Cleveleys_claret on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Spijed wrote:How long would you give a new manager btw, if we ended up in a worse position?

As for Heaton, what would have happened had he played against Southampton and had a re-occurrence of his shoulder injury?

We needed cover fast, and you would have been one of the first to moan if we'd had to play Legzdins in goal.
The length of a contract. I am a great believer in it takes a manager 12 months at least to mould a team to what he wants. But you kind of get early signs in patches of what the team is going to be like. With SD it was tight at the back with flashes of attacking play which was fine by me. BUT we are have regressed massively over the last 12 months and when you look at the squad we are probably as bad as we have been since we have been in the Premiership this time around

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 pm

[quote="Spijed"]

Heaton came out and stated in a national newspaper interview which was permitted by the club that he was fit for the Southampton game.

And as SD tell us in interviews he allows the players to tell him when they are fit rather than the other way around. Therefore he made the decision to overlook Heaton for Hart ( who I have nothing against and think it is ashame how it is going for him as he is probs the best gk at the club, just doesnt fit our structure)

Dougall
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 222 times

Post by Dougall » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote: BUT we are have regressed massively over the last 12 months
Hyperbole?

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:The length of a contract. I am a great believer in it takes a manager 12 months at least to mould a team to what he wants. But you kind of get early signs in patches of what the team is going to be like. With SD it was tight at the back with flashes of attacking play which was fine by me. BUT we are have regressed massively over the last 12 months and when you look at the squad we are probably as bad as we have been since we have been in the Premiership this time around
Except we haven't regressed. Last season was an anomoly, a freak set of circumstances that wasn't likely to be repeated any time soon. Did you expect us to push on from 7th? Maybe a run to the Champions League? Challenging Manchester city at the top of the league perhaps?
We are currently exactly where most neutrals and Clarets expected us to be last season - in amongst a battle to survive relegation.
We are outside the relegation zone in 17th position and I would be delighted if we ènded up finishing the season there.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 pm

I didn't think anyone could think that, but some of the posts on here and some of the comments at the ground suggest that is exactly what they thought.

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Apart from the op and the first reply and post 7 what has any of this got to do with the technical directors role?
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Please find where I said that.

Never said such a thing, I did say that i will not waste anymore money going to away games while the football is so dreadful. Fingers crossed next season we wont have SD in charge and will have a manager that has us playing football. Not bothered what division we are in

So you won't waste money on away games as you put it but are happy to waste money on home games ?

Why though? Just leave now and be happy, you might even find you stop acting like 2 year old on a forum

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Braindead wrote:Except we haven't regressed. Last season was an anomoly, a freak set of circumstances that wasn't likely to be repeated any time soon. Did you expect us to push on from 7th? Maybe a run to the Champions League? Challenging Manchester city at the top of the league perhaps?
We are currently exactly where most neutrals and Clarets expected us to be last season - in amongst a battle to survive relegation.
We are outside the relegation zone in 17th position and I would be delighted if we ènded up finishing the season there.
No I didnt and as SD has often stated it is not position dependent when talking about progression. Yes the facilities are fantastic. The youth team seems to finally have a structure and I am hopeful in the next 4 or 5 years of us reaping the rewards for that. All to be thankful to SD and the board for building us a legacy.

But and this is a massive but, the performances are shocking. We have internationals that cant pass a ball, beat a man, play through balls. This is down to coaching, no other reason, the players are having their flair coached out of them. Hendrick the other week was outstanding for his country and put in a performance akin to nothing he has put in for us recently. Because he is playing in his natural position. We sign players and dont play them because of a lack of trust in them performing the ugly side of the game. I dont mind this as we are Burnley and we have to fight for everything but when players cant pass 5 yards and just hoof it when they are being paid 30k plus....something is inherently wrong. Wingers cant beat their man and dont even try, rather cutting inside to already congested areas rather than stretch the pitch to give our forwards more room.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:So you won't waste money on away games as you put it but are happy to waste money on home games ?

Why though? Just leave now and be happy, you might even find you stop acting like 2 year old on a forum
I already have the familys four season tickets and why should I stop going on? I dont moan when I am on the ground and have never once booed a player or manager of ours (except Paul Stewart). I always believe we will turn it around and despite my negative outlook on here I would never be negative around my children. I want them to be going on when I am well gone and taking on their kids regardless of the division we are in. I wont lie in here though that the football is enjoyable. This is a forum where we all have opinions, i dont shoot down anyone elses opinions and often look to posts which question and slate me and try to find positives in them so that I can maybe change my point of view. But no matter what has been said and how many times I try to think positive I keep getting let down on game day. Not by losses, I get we are going to lose more than win but with the lack of passing, skill and effort
Last edited by Cleveleys_claret on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:I already have the familys four season tickets and why should I stop going on? I dont moan when I am on the ground and have never once booed a player or manager of ours (except Paul Stewart). I always believe we will turn it ariund and despite my negative outlook on here I would never be negative around my children. I want them to be going in when I am well gone and taking on their kids regardless of the dicision we are in. I wont lie in here though that the football is enjoyable. This is forum where we all have opinions, i dont shoot down anyone elses opinions and often look to posts which question and slate me and try to find positives in them so that I can maybe change my point of view. But no matter what has been said and how many times I try to think positive I keep getting let down on game day. Not by losses, I get we are going to lose more than win but with the lack of passing, skill and effort
If you don't enjoy watching turgid, negative, soul destroying football from the Dark Ages then you aren't a true fan apparently.
This user liked this post: Cleveleys_claret