Britain's future

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Re: Britain's future

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:56 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:No, I'm saying that EDL members are knuckle draggers. Which they are.

You saying that they are not? I'd need a lot more proof* than what I've seen of the EDL to think there are anything different

*proof does not mean stuff on the side of a bus btw, cos I know how much you lot rely on that
Your comment was not just about the EDL, it was about an individual on this board who you claim associates with the EDL and shares some of their views. That is what is bigoted and offensive, not your views on the EDL.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Uh huh

I see Tommy Robinson, who used to run the EDL, is now associated with UKIP.

You still voting UKIP dsr?

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 515 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I get where you are coming from Somethingfishy but these people are refugees.

They don't have anything because they are refugees.

I'm not going to criticise the generosity of people in this case, or the Grenfell Tower case because what happened to them is completely beyond our comprehension*.

*I know nothing of their personal circumstances, but its perfectly possible that it could be as bad as it could possibly be.
That is the thing. We don't know their circumstances. They may be refugess and we often think of them as having nothing but there have been several high profile cases of some being doctors/lawyers etc. They are now settled here enough to have their kids going to school. One has to assume they have a home and maybe even jobs. They are clearly in a better place than they would be had they stayed in Syria.

With 100k they have been given a leg up many will not get. Many families relying on foodbanks and quite probably in the same school as this situation occurred..and how many kids in these families are getting bullied? Heard of poverty shaming? Youngsters that can't afford to go to uni or save for a deposit for a house. It just doesn't sit right. I firmly believe it is totally disproportionate.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Uh huh

Do we know who he voted for before he apparently became associated with UKIP? Every chance he may have voted for the party you vote for because i really can't see him being a tory despite being right wing :lol:

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Not sure refugees can work to be honest SF

I completely agree that this £100,000 coming from people who are horrified because they have seen it, and its not something they will see normally

I also completely agree that there are millions who need help, but that people can't help them all.

I just think its a bit off to criticise people for giving money to a refugee family after two blatant racist attacks to be honest.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Being racist is fine. You're allowed to not like people because of the colour of their skin or religion.

Yeah, but racists don't like it when we don't like them because of their racism. It really upsets their little feelings.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Seriously doubt Tommy Robinson voted Lib Dem but I do take your point!

And I think its a perfectly valid question.

UKIP have moved so far to the right that Farage is criticising them (he's even trying to get rid of the leader)
Last edited by Lancasterclaret on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:It is totally and utterly disproportionate..bordering on obscene.

What happened to these kids is a disgrace. So is rasing this money.

Raising money for the victims of bullying is a disgrace just like the bullying itself. lol what?

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 pm

If the kids getting bullied now imagine what it's going to be like when he's hundred grand better off.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Uh huh

No, because Tommy Robinson who used to run the EDL is now associated with them. :roll:

Try and get your head round the idea that you can be a Brexit supporter without supporting the National Front.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Calm down dear, just checking that you are not going all claretandy!

And do **** off with your last line, you know as well as I do that I've never subscribed to that. Like everybody else, family members of mine voted for Brexit and the reasons for everyone are different and I fully respect that*

*unless they are the knuckle draggers who are racists who voted for it of course
Last edited by Lancasterclaret on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:24 pm

No... raising the money to go direct to a family just because their kids were bullied is obscene and disproportionate. Bullying is a disgrace. Thought that was quite clear with my posts? What about the countless other non hyped up cases that happen every day...and they do...both racist (both ways) and non racist? The money would be better served going to a charity that could help with the problem..as i have said on many posts now. Or are you saying it is wrong that it should go there instread of the family?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 pm

No, I agree with all of that really.

But if they are really in need of it, and people have given them money on the assumption that it goes to them, then I haven't got an issue with it.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:If you think that giving a family over 100k because of their colour of skin, where they are from and because their children were bullied is a good cause compared to cancer charities etc then you really need to give your head a massive wobble.

OK mate you keep telling people they're wrong for supporting the good causes they support.

I'll continue to support the causes I want and not tell other people off for not supporting the same ones as me.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:47 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:No, I agree with all of that really.

But if they are really in need of it, and people have given them money on the assumption that it goes to them, then I haven't got an issue with it.
My last post was aimed as a replay to IT sorry..i should have quoted his post.

Well each to their own. There are plenty of people who need 100k..1k even. The sense of balance is all wrong in this day and age.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5172 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:50 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't know why anyone is shocked at this happening. It's basically what we've been teaching our kids to do for at least a decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46379548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is who we are now.
It might be who you are Turtle given how much you define yourself by this kind of thing but it really isn't everybody else.

https://twitter.com/HumanProgress/statu ... 3652915200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Falcon wrote:OK mate you keep telling people they're wrong for supporting the good causes they support.

I'll continue to support the causes I want and not tell other people off for not supporting the same ones as me.
"Good" causes..the key word is good. It just isn't. We all have our favourite charities for our own personal reasons and i would never dare to criticise someone for their choice. This family however are not a charity. Just have to agree to disagree.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:01 pm

As long as people aren't leaving their own families short by this sort of gesture, then it's nothing to do with me. It's their money to spend how they want, and it's no more my concern whether they spend it on this boy than whether they spend it on Bon Jovi albums.
These 2 users liked this post: Falcon Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:04 pm

To be fair, if people are still buying Bon Jovi albums then we should all be concerned.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Am I allowed to stream their greatest hits on Spotify?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Only is the volume is turned off.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't know why anyone is shocked at this happening. It's basically what we've been teaching our kids to do for at least a decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46379548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is who we are now.
We are one of only a few countries in the world that this is actually a story, and by the time it had broken as a story nationally 80k had already been raised for them.

It's a disgrace yes, ironically it's the over protection of bad kids from a good hiding that aids and abets this behavior.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:35 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:We are one of only a few countries in the world that this is actually a story, and by the time it had broken as a story nationally 80k had already been raised for them.

It's a disgrace yes, ironically it's the over protection of bad kids from a good hiding that aids and abets this behavior.
There are plenty of kids who don't get the **** beaten out of them by their parents who also don't go around bullying people.

This is much more likely as a result of racist or neglectful parents, and if it's because of racist parents then the rest of society has a hand in that too, because we're not allowed to criticise racism any more without the racists and their enablers from screaming like babies about how hateful we are.

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:There are plenty of kids who don't get the **** beaten out of them by their parents who also don't go around bullying people.

This is much more likely as a result of racist or neglectful parents, and if it's because of racist parents then the rest of society has a hand in that too, because we're not allowed to criticise racism any more without the racists and their enablers from screaming like babies about how hateful we are.
We are not only allowed to criticise racists, rightly so and racist behavior, again rightly so, of a certain section of society but are allowed to label the rest of a that certain section of society as racist for virtually anything they do.
Whilst a clearly racists section of society are untouchable.
Don't tell me his Mum & Dad voted Brexit and they have been holding secret beat up immigrants classes in their cellar for their kids.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:53 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:We are not only allowed to criticise racists, rightly so and racist behavior, again rightly so, of a certain section of society but are allowed to label the rest of a that certain section of society as racist for virtually anything they do.
Whilst a clearly racists section of society are untouchable.
Don't tell me his Mum & Dad voted Brexit and they have been holding secret beat up immigrants classes in their cellar for their kids.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if this kid did learn from racist parents then those parents probably supported Brexit.

What racist section of society is untouchable? Yesterday I was called a leftist racist because i called Trump a fascist and a racist. Are you talking about people like me?

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if this kid did learn from racist parents then those parents probably supported Brexit.

What racist section of society is untouchable? Yesterday I was called a leftist racist because i called Trump a fascist and a racist. Are you talking about people like me?
Seems he had another influence. According to the Mail the teenager doing the attacking had been sharing a certain Tommy Robinson’s posts on Facebook. But let’s continue to believe this had nothing to do with race eh?

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if this kid did learn from racist parents then those parents probably supported Brexit.

No not you, in this case you're just being silly, switching reality.
I'm talking about Asians
Brexit in northern mill towns was not about European immigrants but years of disillusionment from white people about the plight of their towns, the people that are populating them and I think the feeling that they are not holy averse to terrorism and then the bloody grooming as the authorities turned a blind eye was the final straw.
Ironically the figures don't really add up and the Asians must have voted Brexit too to try and stop the Eastern Europeans populating towns the Asians ultimately wish to rule, their way.
Don't bother replying to this as I expect this to be deleted.
Free speech is dead, I am expressing what I have observed and therefore truly believe, clearly though I am an unintelligent, bigoted racist. To be Censored for the common good

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Heil Hitler mate

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:57 pm

It's no surprise that the above poster doesn't see this from his ivory tower in lancaster bleedingclaret.
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 pm

You do categorise people though.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:You do categorise people though.
As c*nts and not c*nts.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Not sure if this is true or not, as I've only seen it on fbook
[attachment=0]IMG_20181129_223326.jpg[/attachment
But if it is, some of you are going to look really silly again
Attachments
IMG_20181129_223326.jpg
IMG_20181129_223326.jpg (485.54 KiB) Viewed 1251 times

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Damo wrote:Not sure if this is true or not, as I've only seen it on fbook
I remember when you uncritically posted an image from Facebook that said the chartlotesville terrorist was a lefty from Michigan. i'd have thought you'd have learned your... lol who am i kidding? You'll never learn.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Wouldn't matter if it was true.

The left have seen their opportunity and exploited it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:51 pm

I found where you got this from. A facebook page called "Immigration, Enough is Enough"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the owner of that page is not quite capable of critically evaluating anything. Not just because they're clearly a moron for owning such a **** facebook page, but also because of replies like these to perfectly reasonable dissenting comments.

Why would you want to be associated with such a person?

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I remember when you uncritically posted an image from Facebook that said the chartlotesville terrorist was a lefty from Michigan. i'd have thought you'd have learned your... lol who am i kidding? You'll never learn.
Don't worry. You won't look any more stupid if what I posted is true Charlie

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Also... Image

But, i mean, sure. You go ahead and vilify this boy being beaten up in a video.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:57 pm

That was discredited by the girl’s mother within hours of it being posted.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:As c*nts and not c*nts.
Where do you place yourself on that one?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Damo wrote:Don't worry. You won't look any more stupid if what I posted is true Charlie

Oops.

The girls' mother says he had nothing to do with it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:Where do you place yourself on that one?
Definitely c*nts.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Yawn, more "ivory tower" bullshit from blatant racists.

I call out racists for being racists. Thats what normal people do.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I found where you got this from. A facebook page called "Immigration, Enough is Enough"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the owner of that page is not quite capable of critically evaluating anything. Not just because they're clearly a moron for owning such a **** facebook page, but also because of replies like these to perfectly reasonable dissenting comments.

Why would you want to be associated with such a person?
One day, a student came up to the great philosopher. “Socrates, I have just heard some news about one of your friends.” he excitedly exclaimed.

“Before you tell me this news, we need to make sure that it passes the triple filter test,” responded Socrates.

“What’s the triple filter test?” the man asked.

“The first test is that of truth. Tell me, do you know that what you’re going to tell me is absolutely true?” asked Socrates.

After thinking for a moment, the man said, “I heard this news from someone else, so I’m not 100% sure if it’s true.”

“The second test is that of goodness,” Socrates continued, “Is what you’re about to tell me something good?”

“No, actually it’s the opposite…”

Socrates interrupted the man, “So what you’re going to tell me is neither true, nor good?”

The man was slightly embarrassed and shrugged his shoulders.

Socrates continued, “There is one final test which is usefulness. Is what you’re about to tell me going to be useful?”

“Probably not,” the man replied.

“Well, if you’re going to tell me something that’s not true, good or useful, then why tell me at all?” responded the philosopher.

I’m sure that we’ve all indulged in a bit of gossip from time-to-time. We all come across salacious information occasionally that we feel compelled to pass on to others.

The next time you do, pass the information through the triple filter test to see if you really should be telling others.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 pm

I hate facebook

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Apologies IT didn't mean to quote you
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Oops.

The girls' mother says he had nothing to do with it.
So which is true?
IMG_20181129_225916.jpg
IMG_20181129_225916.jpg (263.18 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
You must of seen these posts too as it was posted under the post you shared

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 pm

One day, a student came up to the great philosopher. “Socrates, I have just heard some news about one of your friends.” he excitedly exclaimed.

“Before you tell me this news, we need to make sure that it passes the triple filter test,” responded Socrates.

“The first test is that of truth. Tell me, do you know that what you’re going to tell me is absolutely true?” asked Socrates.

After thinking for a moment, the man said, “I heard this news from someone else, so I’m not 100% sure if it’s true.”

“The second test is that of goodness,” Socrates continued, “Is what you’re about to tell me something good?”

Socrates interrupted the man, “So what you’re going to tell me is neither true, nor good?”

Socrates continued, “There is one final test which is usefulness. Is what you’re about to tell me going to be useful?”

“Well, if you’re going to tell me something that’s not true, good or useful, then why tell me at all?” responded the philosopher.

I’m sure that we’ve all indulged in a bit of gossip from time-to-time. We all come across salacious information occasionally that we feel compelled to pass on to others.

The next time you do, pass the information through the triple filter test to see if you really should be telling others.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:One day, a student came up to the great philosopher. “Socrates, I have just heard some news about one of your friends.” he excitedly exclaimed.

Are you directing that at me, or at the idiot who actually needs it?

Edit: nvm.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Socrates is a foreigner. We don't need his sort of quotes around here.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Social media needs a scolds bridle for the majority of fools on it