This is the opposite of being a supporter .

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Re: This is the opposite of being a supporter .

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:02 pm

why not go that extra mile and have the club leave "In" or "out" cards on every ******* seat and really let the fans nail their colours to the mast.

That would be a true test of faith as you take your place at Turf Moor . Sure it will inspire the team and Gaffer to greatness as they look towards the stands to count the claret till I die brigade.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:after all that inane waffle, you are basically saying sack him next month unless we beat liverpool tomorrow.
Not sure how you came to that. You clearly didn't read all my inane waffle properly.

Either the board back him or they don't. That's what I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they still believe he's the man then give him the financial backing in January to turn the ship around.

If they don't believe he's the man then cut ties and start again.

I'm not saying he should be sacked after tomorrow at all but there's no point in us being in limbo. As I said on my last comment, the board has a decision to make.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:04 am

I think it’s a tough period in football for lower half in the prem, their fans listed to media with sky ports in particular who keep bleating on about wonderful passing sublime football from clubs who have spent hundreds of millions & been in Europe for seasons & have a world wide following. These fans then think we should be like that forgetting we are starting miles & years behind & in the harsh light of day can not get anywhere near that level or compete financially, Man Utd have spent hundreds of millions & have a manager with a massive reputation & they are struggling to keep up. If you actually watch the football & look at the possession stats etc most of it is in there own half between defenders etc with these clubs more often than not using the long ball for strikers etc to run on to etc with the odd exception, you never here Liverpool accused of using the long ball yet it’s consistantly lumped forward for their fab 3. The media in our country are selling a product & a myth like our national team in the World Cup that we are the best & successful, when did a English team last win the European cup?

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 am

jlup1980 wrote:Not sure how you came to that. You clearly didn't read all my inane waffle properly.

Either the board back him or they don't. That's what I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they still believe he's the man then give him the financial backing in January to turn the ship around.

If they don't believe he's the man then cut ties and start again.

I'm not saying he should be sacked after tomorrow at all but there's no point in us being in limbo. As I said on my last comment, the board has a decision to make.
apologies if I misundersttod jlup 980.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:18 am

Hibsclaret wrote:We finished 7th six months ago....

Get a grip ffs
We finished 7th due to a good first half of last season. We have been sh!te for nearly a year. Get a grip of REALITY.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 am

IAmAClaret wrote:No, that's statistical cherry picking to suit your agenda.

How about winning the championship, staying up and a 7th place finish in 3 years?
How about 7 wins in a year? That's not cherry picking it's a nailed on cast iron fact.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 am

RalphCoatesComb wrote:What he has done for the Club since he joined. Two promotions, 23 games undefeated in a very very difficult Division, remaining in the best league in the World for 2 seasons... what more do you want?

Confidence is lacking!

BUT...

In Sean Dyche we Trust!
You conveniently forgot the relegation and the last 12 months. Statistically Dyche has been a faliure for about 40% of his time at the club (for those who like stats).

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

IanMcL wrote:We are heavily in debt to this man and his team. To moan is one thing to demand their replacement demonstrates that people have forgotten the odds on us having a team in the prem 3 times and staying there.

I suppose one miracle worker was crucified, so why not another. Ignorance is king.
We are not 'heavilly in debt' to him at all. He is paid to do a job, let's not forget that, and for a while he did a good job but for nearly a year he hasn't done a good job and he also oversaw a relegation. Too many people on here worry me as to whether they are Burnley fans or Dyche fans. If you do a good job at work then suddenly become unable to do that job do you think your employer will say 'oh never mind, you did a good job for 10 years so we'll forgive you'? No they bloody won't, you'd get a warning about future conduct and eventually, if things don't improve, you'd get sacked. It's the way of the world, far too many people are getting too precious about Dyche, he's been with us 5 years and done a good job but the last year or so and the relegation season amount to around 40% of his time with us and I don't see that as 'success' in any way. He has done a good job generally and I would give him until February but if we are no better a month after the window he needs to go - no doubt about it. He isn't God. He isn't a miracle worker. He is looking increasingly out of his depth and he can't put an attacking side together if he tried. Yes let's not offload him at a whim and let's give him some breathing space and get behind him, but some seem to be suggesting that he should somehow be 'left alone to get on with the job' - no, he should rightly be under pressure - he's not on 20k a year.

People keep asking if we sacked him who would we get and as someone pointed out, that's not our job, but whoever replaced him AT THE MOMENT they couldn't do much worse.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:23 am

houseboy wrote:How about 7 wins in a year? That's not cherry picking it's a nailed on cast iron fact.
No it isn't.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 am

Tall Paul wrote:No it isn't.
Okay nearly a year Mr Pedant. Or try 2 wins in 19. How do you want to dress it up so that the recent record doesn't look too bad. Shall we just gloss over the last 10 months (to be more precise for the pedantic)? Or should we forget the relegation season? You, I am guessing, are one of the Dyche before Burnley FC lot, you know the 'Dyche can do no wrong' squad. So tell me then, what exactly has he done right this calendar year? Got us into Europe? That was achieved on the back of a very good half season (the first half). What did he do in the European games? Sacked off half the team that got us there when I am sure they would have loved to show their skills in Europe. How motivational was that? Tell me how is he coping with things now?
Dyche has been good but he is limited and yes, a lot of that is down to lack of investment which may or may not be his fault, but whatever is happening at the club just now he is obviously not coping with very well. Maybe he is too stubborn. Maybe Heaton is undermining things behind the scenes (and should be shipped out in January if he is). Maybe Dyche is simply not able to cope with the situation at all.
What annoys me slightly is not the worry and anger over what is happening but the sheer unwillingness on the part of some (mainly because of nostalgia and living in the past) to lay any blame on the man who, at the end of the day, is paid a great deal of money to do his job. Anyone would think that his past efforts are enough to give him a literal job for life, they aren't because life isn't quite that nice. With the money footballers and managers get paid these days none of them need fear the sack and I certainly don't feel sorry for them, most of us mere mortals could retire for life on 6 months wages or less. He has to get a grip or go, there is no room for sentiment and he isn't going to starve if he's out of work.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:02 pm

houseboy wrote:Okay nearly a year Mr Pedant. Or try 2 wins in 19. How do you want to dress it up so that the recent record doesn't look too bad. Shall we just gloss over the last 10 months (to be more precise for the pedantic)? Or should we forget the relegation season? You, I am guessing, are one of the Dyche before Burnley FC lot, you know the 'Dyche can do no wrong' squad. So tell me then, what exactly has he done right this calendar year? Got us into Europe? That was achieved on the back of a very good half season (the first half). What did he do in the European games? Sacked off half the team that got us there when I am sure they would have loved to show their skills in Europe. How motivational was that? Tell me how is he coping with things now?
Dyche has been good but he is limited and yes, a lot of that is down to lack of investment which may or may not be his fault, but whatever is happening at the club just now he is obviously not coping with very well. Maybe he is too stubborn. Maybe Heaton is undermining things behind the scenes (and should be shipped out in January if he is). Maybe Dyche is simply not able to cope with the situation at all.
What annoys me slightly is not the worry and anger over what is happening but the sheer unwillingness on the part of some (mainly because of nostalgia and living in the past) to lay any blame on the man who, at the end of the day, is paid a great deal of money to do his job. Anyone would think that his past efforts are enough to give him a literal job for life, they aren't because life isn't quite that nice. With the money footballers and managers get paid these days none of them need fear the sack and I certainly don't feel sorry for them, most of us mere mortals could retire for life on 6 months wages or less. He has to get a grip or go, there is no room for sentiment and he isn't going to starve if he's out of work.
That's a lot of words to admit you were wrong. When you say something is a "nailed on cast iron fact" it's hardly pedantic to point out that it isn't.

I'll ignore the rest of your rant not least because you're making wild assumptions about what I think.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:23 pm

No. This is the opposite of being a supporter.

20 minutes into the game against the geoerdies and this plastic, premier league bandwagon jumper, shows his true colours if his "team" concede 2 goals -

"# 96

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Re: MIGHTY CLARETS v Newcastle GeordiesHome

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Night all, got better things to do than watch this crap."

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:25 pm

houseboy wrote:Okay nearly a year Mr Pedant. Or try 2 wins in 19. How do you want to dress it up so that the recent record doesn't look too bad. Shall we just gloss over the last 10 months (to be more precise for the pedantic)? Or should we forget the relegation season? You, I am guessing, are one of the Dyche before Burnley FC lot, you know the 'Dyche can do no wrong' squad. So tell me then, what exactly has he done right this calendar year? Got us into Europe? That was achieved on the back of a very good half season (the first half). What did he do in the European games? Sacked off half the team that got us there when I am sure they would have loved to show their skills in Europe. How motivational was that? Tell me how is he coping with things now?
Hadn't you realised this is a court of law and your every word will be analysed forensically!

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm

The phrase "victim of your own success" is quite relevant here

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:36 pm

houseboy wrote:We are not 'heavilly in debt' to him at all. He is paid to do a job, let's not forget that, and for a while he did a good job but for nearly a year he hasn't done a good job and he also oversaw a relegation. Too many people on here worry me as to whether they are Burnley fans or Dyche fans. If you do a good job at work then suddenly become unable to do that job do you think your employer will say 'oh never mind, you did a good job for 10 years so we'll forgive you'? No they bloody won't, you'd get a warning about future conduct and eventually, if things don't improve, you'd get sacked. It's the way of the world, far too many people are getting too precious about Dyche, he's been with us 5 years and done a good job but the last year or so and the relegation season amount to around 40% of his time with us and I don't see that as 'success' in any way. He has done a good job generally and I would give him until February but if we are no better a month after the window he needs to go - no doubt about it. He isn't God. He isn't a miracle worker. He is looking increasingly out of his depth and he can't put an attacking side together if he tried. Yes let's not offload him at a whim and let's give him some breathing space and get behind him, but some seem to be suggesting that he should somehow be 'left alone to get on with the job' - no, he should rightly be under pressure - he's not on 20k a year.

People keep asking if we sacked him who would we get and as someone pointed out, that's not our job, but whoever replaced him AT THE MOMENT they couldn't do much worse.

An excellent post.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:01 pm

You're right houseboy, he wont starve, and both he and the players do indeed get paid a fortune for their services, I am comparatively a peasant and have no idea what it must be like to live on those astronomic wages for simply being a footballer , or the manager.

The point remains, they are our players and manager. I don't recall anyone suggesting a "Job for life" but in such a relatively short period we have attained success under his guidance.The scenes at the Town Hall and across the town are still fresh in my memory, the victorious parade around the Turf having secured a second promotion to the highest league in the land.
I consider this a mere blip in the scheme of things, and personally I am struggling to conjure up one decent name to replace him if that fateful day should arise.
Its not blind faith either, we didnt just pop out of some bubble and find ourselves in the premier league, he delivered what we wanted.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Tall Paul wrote:That's a lot of words to admit you were wrong. When you say something is a "nailed on cast iron fact" it's hardly pedantic to point out that it isn't.

I'll ignore the rest of your rant not least because you're making wild assumptions about what I think.
Actually someone who points out something is wrong because it's not absolutely precise is pedantic so to say 'it's hardly pedantic' is in itself wrong. If I make a statement and I don't feel the need to check the diary to make sure my statement is absolutely precise and you then decide to criticise it for inaccuracy, despite the fact that the statement is, in general, correct (i.e about a year) then you are indeed being pedantic. If someone asks you your age do you tell them precisely how old you are down to the months, weeks, days and minutes? Thought not. Get over yourself.

The fact that you didn't respond to my other comments leads me to believe you think I am right - many thanks.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Hadn't you realised this is a court of law and your every word will be analysed forensically!
That's why I do it mate. It's half the fun. ;)
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:42 pm

lol

Probably not a good idea to refer to something as a "nailed on cast iron fact" if you haven't checked it's accuracy.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:48 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:You're right houseboy, he wont starve, and both he and the players do indeed get paid a fortune for their services, I am comparatively a peasant and have no idea what it must be like to live on those astronomic wages for simply being a footballer , or the manager.

The point remains, they are our players and manager. I don't recall anyone suggesting a "Job for life" but in such a relatively short period we have attained success under his guidance.The scenes at the Town Hall and across the town are still fresh in my memory, the victorious parade around the Turf having secured a second promotion to the highest league in the land.
I consider this a mere blip in the scheme of things, and personally I am struggling to conjure up one decent name to replace him if that fateful day should arise.
Its not blind faith either, we didnt just pop out of some bubble and find ourselves in the premier league, he delivered what we wanted.
You are right WC and he has done a great job, of that there is no doubt, but all I have been saying is sentiment has no place in business and whether we like it or not (and I don't) football is now a business and Dyche is not performing for whatever reason. And I also no longer think this is a blip, it is a long term downward spiral that any other business would be worried about and doing something about. At the moment we are at the thick end of a 10 month trench (I won't say a year in case I offend Tall Paul with my inaccuracy) and there is not even a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel. Tommorow night we have Liverpool and it actually scares me. The thought of what they may do to us is nothing short of worrying to say the least. If they play at their best and we play like Saturday they will bury us so deep no-one will see us for a month.

Give him the window and then a month - he simply HAS to perform by then.