This is the opposite of being a supporter .

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

This is the opposite of being a supporter .

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Really very poor this hostility to Sean Dyche,
I am genuinely shocked at the terrible comments and abject disloyalty.
Best manager for years, and the so called fans turn on both him and the team just because we aren't on form at the moment.
Proves we are no different from any other club , nothing to mark us out as special when it comes to backing the club.
It might be justified if we had several seasons of failure, but this crass and vitriolic stuff comes on the back of incredibly recent success.
Shame on you.
These 46 users liked this post: RalphCoatesComb Bosscat Leisure Siddo Cornwallclaret Bigvince spadesclaret Hibsclaret Shore claret Cirrus_Minor NL Claret BFCmaj Goobs Rick_Muller scouseclaret simonclaret IanMcL Grimsby Claret Hapag Lloyd Paul Waine Burnley Ace Burnleyareback2 mybloodisclaret whiffa Cubanclaret ten bellies ten bellies ClaretnGreen SussexDon1inIreland evensteadiereddie LeuvenClaret longhair Holmeclaret Damo Darthlaw brigante KateR beeholeclaret cav Foulthrow PaintYorkClaretnBlue Spijed Stockbrokerbelt DomBFC1882 Goodclaret Spike

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7557 times

Re: This is the opposite of being a supporter .

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Honestly think two or three of the newer posters constantly wanting SD sacked aren't actually Clarets.
These 8 users liked this post: tim_noone Bosscat Juan Tanamera mybloodisclaret SussexDon1inIreland Damo cav Spike

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Its been more or less a year of poor football and results now.

IAmAClaret
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by IAmAClaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 pm

I used too think we were different, people with morals, respect and trust.

But, like those before us, the Premier League and the media hype suck it right out of the minority...and the minority are always loudest (and usually idiots (usually = not all)).

Hopefully, Sean will sort it and we will see the Burnley of old on Wednesday.
Last edited by IAmAClaret on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 9 users liked this post: tim_noone Buxtonclaret Bin Ont Turf Marty Dobson Bosscat Real ale 2 Juan Tanamera SussexDon1inIreland evensteadiereddie

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Many of the ne'er do wells have merely jumped on the Clarets Premier League Bandwagon. They'll disappear when we return to The Championship.

YES! We're going through rough times but Sean Dyche is the person to bring us safely out the other end.
This user liked this post: Spike

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:44 pm

I have been a supporter for over 55 years and I feel it is time for a change.
We are sleep walking towards the Championship.
As another supporter said SD’s ego has outgrown a club like Burnley.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Speaking as someoone with morals and respect , I am heartily fed up with the dross our fantastically well paid manager and players are consistently serving up. And no , I havent only been supporting the club for 10 years. Oh the irony of lambasting other fans who dare to criticise as "crass" or " idiots " or " ne'er do wells " . A little bit of respect for fellow supporters who hold a different opinion wouldnt go amiss.
Last edited by randomclaret2 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: houseboy Turfytop

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Here come the happy clappers with their heads in the sand. Everything is fine down at Burnley FC. Let’s not forget the Orient game, or we finished 7th last year. Can’t wait for Liverpool come Wednesday night as it’s going to be a joy to watch.
These 2 users liked this post: joey13 houseboy

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:48 pm

paulatky wrote:I have been a supporter for over 55 years and I feel it is time for a change.
You're probably right. Citeh are doing quite well at the moment ;)

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:Honestly think two or three of the newer posters constantly wanting SD sacked aren't actually Clarets.
Having left the Lancashire Blackburnegraph for the very same problem and finding certain posters (different names same sh*t) I am finding it increasingly difficult to contain my anger about the vitriol posted.

We are going through a bad period and struggling on (& off) the field of play for various reasons. But I cannot lay all the blame at SD 's door, there are many factors and the players have to stand up now and be counted.

I like Tom Heaton and would love to have him back in between the posts, but his vocalising in the dressing room of his displeasure, has disrupted a team that we all know has been one mind, one body, one goal for the past 5 seasons.
Joe Hart is a fine keeper at what he does well but .... he doesn't command his troops in the way Tom (Nick) does.

Perhaps its time to get back to basics.

One game at a time.
All pull in one direction.....

AND THAT MEANS US IN THE STANDS TOO.
GET BEHIND THE BLOODY TEAM AND STOP YOUR BICKERING ....

WE ARE BURNLEY.

Come on you PL Clarets
These 4 users liked this post: BennyD SussexDon1inIreland Spike Buxtonclaret

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Shockingly I agree with Saxo. We're not special, and it's delusional to think we are.

We are a football club, same as all the others, who rely on results and a bit of entertainment to survive as a business. When neither are forthcoming difficult questions will come instead.

Parkvilla
Been Liked: 40 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Parkvilla » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Season ticket holder for 38 seasons.Think it's time Dyche left because every game is boring as hell to watch.If we actually try to keep the ball instead of launching it and giving opposition the ball for 80% of the game things might be different.But don't stop posting garbage Mr superfan.

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:53 pm

You were a great player Ralphy but you must be a realist too.
Change in manager is needed now whilst there is still time to put it right with a transfer windiw coming up.
Just be a realist with the best interests of the ckub at heart.
This user liked this post: RalphCoatesComb

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:54 pm

So if I’ve been going on the Turf for 30 odd years, but think that SD has had enough time, then that doesn’t make me a supporter?

We’re in freefall towards the Championship. If you disagree, then so be it, but that doesn’t mean I don’t support the Clarets.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 pm

It's not the defeats they are bad of course it's the manner of the defeats and the style of play. Dyche the man isn't being taken to task it's his style of play.
These 3 users liked this post: Lord Beamish morpheus2 depechedingle

IAmAClaret
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by IAmAClaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm far from a 'happy clapper'. This team has serious faults, but we did last year too. I have yet to see a good, factual reason, why getting rid of Sean Dyche is a good idea.

This guy kept us up in the championship at first, then got us promoted against all odds. To then get relegated and bounce back first time as champions (which never usually happens) was an understated achievement. Then, he takes us to Europe. 7th place in the Premier league. As well as restructuring the club top to bottom, improving both training and stadium facilities along the way.

Yet, after 14 games of a difficult season, we should forget all the previous 150+ ? Give your head a wobble.
These 10 users liked this post: Leisure Siddo maidenover Grimsby Claret SussexDon1inIreland evensteadiereddie Foulthrow PaintYorkClaretnBlue Goodclaret Spike

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm

bfcjg wrote:It's not the defeats they are bad of course it's the manner of the defeats and the style of play. Dyche the man isn't being taken to task it's his style of play.
Indeed. I’d have taken a defeat on the chin today, if we’d have given it a bloody good go. As it stands, we were lucky not to concede a record defeat and barely looked like scoring ourselves.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:01 pm

I will continue to back the team and the manager. Dyche has done a fantastic job here and has credit in the bank.

That said, there appears to be something seriously amiss at the moment and that needs sorting because this side don’t currently look like they’d be able to put up a fight in the Championship were we to be relegated.

Are the players and manager working to the same goals or is there a rift? We can only speculate. If the players have lost the desire or trust to follow the manager’s ethos then this will inevitably lead to Dyche moving on.

When we’re unable to register a single shot in 70 minutes at Crystal Palace then there’s massive warning signs for me. Dyche will rightly be given time to sort this out but if performances and results don’t improve in the next couple of months then I worry for him.
These 3 users liked this post: IAmAClaret maidenover Darthlaw

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:14 pm

As soon as the negativity really takes hold in the stand, it’s so hard to turn the corner.

I really really wish we would take this opportunity to vocally support the team regardless of how we are playing at this moment. To just make some noise and prove we are different.

Unfortunately that is just wishful thinking though, and I have no evidence to back up that this would have a positive effect anyway.

Realistically, and I think Dyche knows this, the failure was in the transfer window. I’m not convinced that failure was really down to Dyche, although he is paid healthily to take the criticism. I also think this transfer window is going to be so hard to rectify the issues, without taking some huge financial risks...which to be honest I’m not actually sure I’d want us to take.

It hurts when we aren’t doing well, and human nature is to look for a figure to direct the frustrations at. I personally could never turn on Dyche. He’s given me the best years of watching Burnley, in my life. I still can’t beleive I got the opportunity to go and watch us away in Europe.

I really hope he can pull a rabbit out of the hat now. I think it’s going to be up there as his biggest challenge yet.
These 3 users liked this post: NL Claret Bosscat Real ale 2

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 pm

I think we should bounce the thread of season predictions, and there we will find all of the Happy Clappers confidently predicting a mid table finish with dismissive responses to any poster suggesting not everything in the garden was as rosy as their spectacles.

These people would have given Ranieri a "job for life" at Leicester instead of taking decisive action as soon as performances dipped and he appeared to have lost the dressing room.

Performances have been poor since the end of last season and been carried forward to the current one.

The OP posts that "we aren't on form at the moment" and that there has been an over reaction from fans.

All of the warning signs were there from last season. 12 of our 14 wins coming by a single goal. Burnley's games averaged just 1.97 goals per game - the lowest in the league - and those fine margins can quite easily become draws or defeats rather than narrow victories without doing anything different due to the variants involved in football.

A disastrous summer of transfer dealings failed to strengthen and freshen up the squad and the club are now seeing the results in performances and a drop into the relegation slots.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill Lord Beamish

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 pm

This stupid clamouring for his head spreads like wildfire, not a peep from anyone until recently, but once a few daft buggers begin slating him, its as if it were obvious to one and all he's past his best. WHAT UTTER NONSENSE !
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat IAmAClaret SussexDon1inIreland

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6744 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:21 pm

"Customers" these days.
Buy into the PL product

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:24 pm

IAmAClaret wrote:I'm far from a 'happy clapper'. This team has serious faults, but we did last year too. I have yet to see a good, factual reason, why getting rid of Sean Dyche is a good idea.

This guy kept us up in the championship at first, then got us promoted against all odds. To then get relegated and bounce back first time as champions (which never usually happens) was an understated achievement. Then, he takes us to Europe. 7th place in the Premier league. As well as restructuring the club top to bottom, improving both training and stadium facilities along the way.

Yet, after 14 games of a difficult season, we should forget all the previous 150+ ? Give your head a wobble.
2 wins in 19 is a good factual reason

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:This stupid clamouring for his head spreads like wildfire, not a peep from anyone until recently, but once a few daft buggers begin slating him, its as if it were obvious to one and all he's past his best. WHAT UTTER NONSENSE !
Did you attend today ?

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:26 pm

joey13 wrote:Did you attend today ?
He didnt attend when he was posting a AblueClaret, either.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:28 pm

joey13 wrote:Did you attend today ?
Was it compulsory?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Lot of poor nieve souls on here backing the manager no matter what the result, really need to take a grip of reality.

Relegation dead certs, we create zilch and can't defend.

The manager is paid handsomely and if he ain't getting results he should walk

No one person bigger than Burnley Football Club and now is the time for a change.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Top Claret wrote:Lot of poor nieve souls on here backing the manager no matter what the result, really need to take a grip of reality.

No one person bigger than Burnley Football Club and now is the time for a change.
BS

Who would you bring in then?

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Top Claret wrote:Lot of poor nieve souls on here backing the manager no matter what the result, really need to take a grip of reality.

Deserved loyalty. In short supply unfortunately.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:35 pm

tim_noone wrote:Was it compulsory?
Having witnessing such a disgraceful pitiful gutless performance you would understand why I ask the question

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 pm

paulatky wrote: As another supporter said SD’s ego has outgrown a club like Burnley.
What the f.uck do any of us know about SDs ego. Fecking get over yourself.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure SussexDon1inIreland

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 pm

The PL has moved on both in tempo and technical ability. Our players are being out run and out skilled. Unless we recruit players in the £20-30 million pound bracket (which won't happen) we can only 'do our best' with what we've got. I think SD and the players have realised this and they have lost heart somewhat.

Changing manager might have a brief rebound effect but the only way to become a quality PL team would be to have major outside investment.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Asking supporters "who they would sign" and "which manager would you appoint" is irrelevant and a cop out since the manager of the football club and the Directors in charge get a huge wedge of money for taking those decisions.

If they do not know who to sign or which manager should be running the club then they are basically in the wrong jobs.
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret houseboy

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:42 pm

We finished 7th six months ago....

Get a grip ffs

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Our toughest part of the schedule lies directly ahead. To just repeat the same old tactics with the same old players is just utter madness. To lose to the Toon at home, and today's failure to do anything positive (Kevin Long was my MOM, egads!) leaves me grasping at straws. What the answer is, I can't say. We're not going to make it to the transfer window, and we'll probably overpay if we do. The whole squad needs an overhaul, and that's something you can't do on the fly.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:We finished 7th six months ago....

Get a grip ffs
Yes, but we are abjectly hopeless this season.

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:46 pm

paulatky wrote:Just be a realist with the best interests of the ckub at heart.
Like you, I have supported Burnley ALL of my life but, I trust Sean Dyche.

WE ALL NEED TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

Turf has been like a morgue for weeks, if not months. We, as fans, react to what's happening on the pitch. We need to support the team and get them through this patch.

Was there any dissent during the Orient game?! Total support for a team that faced oblivion.

Remember the Derby game in 1992? We were a beaten team but the fans rose up! Where is that spirit now?!

"Jimmy Mullen's claret and blue army"

"Jimmy Mullen's claret and blue army"

"Sean Dyche's claret and blue army"

These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Leisure

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:53 pm

After the Bournemouth game Dyche said that the 'fog had lifted' which is
understandable to a degree even though everyone knew it wasn't a 4-0.
Since then we seem to have gone downhill at a rapid rate either that or the fog
has descended in large amounts.

And there are clearly major issues with the way we play and performances
of most of our players and the stats in all aspects confirm that.
Todays were even worse in the sense we hardly created any chances of note apart from
one very late on.

It does seem as if there is a void developing between what Dyche has been saying
(the players are training well, looking keen and up for it, mentality fine etc.)
and what we're seeing on the pitch which doesn't mean the players aren't trying.

But fans do have the right to complain or moan.
It's part and parcel of the game, is it not?

I mean if everyone was just shrugging their shoulders and believing we
were just about to reach and turn the corner and start playing better and winning games ,
everyone would be dumbfounded.

Yes it would be great if we had the kind of support Huddersfield and one or two others
seem to have after being much lower than us for a lengthy period of time.
But we haven't and neither do many teams.

So we have to live with it and still support the team and try and encourage them
but not necessarily stay silent

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:53 pm

The fans responded to the committment and passion of the players.
And yes I was there in the cup at Derby and that is one of the most remarkable games I have been too.
But Dyche’s mantra “ minimum requirement ,maximum effort” has not been on show this season.
When we were relegated the 1st time under Dyche we fought to the end of each game ,but that willingness to run through brick walls doesnt seem to be there this season.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:56 pm

"We finished 7th last season"

And failed to build on it.

2 wins out of 19 is not a temporary slump or loss of form.

DefourFiveSix
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by DefourFiveSix » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Incredibly strange the situation we find ourselves in. We're all quarreling like babies because the short answer is, nobody has a bloody clue what's gone wrong so quickly. It's all speculation, hearsay and guesswork. We all want Burnley to win, frustration is taking a different form in us all.
The performance today, pound for pound and for the level we are at was appalling - the worst I have ever seen from us, no hyperbole at all. It was attack vs defence for 90 minutes. Wolves was bad but this was absolute carnage. Beyond worrying.
I went into the game trying to remain positive, but finally lost in when the second goal went in. There was absolutely nothing promising or constructive about one piece of play from us. The players' body language - Mee in particular was astoundingly bad. Clearly all is not well.

Leicester won the league and sacked their gaffer the next season. It worked. You can compare that to us finishing 7th and then hitting this level this season. Sometimes whatever good thing you had just ends. If we did sack Dyche (we won't) we would be within our rights. We are a player or two in January away from being a decent prospect for a decent manager. Whether or not that man is Dyche is becoming increasingly unclear.

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:02 pm

paulatky wrote:When we were relegated the 1st time under Dyche we fought to the end of each game ,but that willingness to run through brick walls doesn't seem to be there this season.
You are right. This is the same team (almost) but the fire in the bellys appears to have been extinguished.

That's Sean Dyche's fault? I think not.

Something has changed this year and the wheel needs putting back on and the tyre re-inflating.

Sean Dyche is the man to do that. He has proved it year on year.

Give him until the end of the season, then decide.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Yes, but we are abjectly hopeless this season.

Maybe so.

We were a bit unfortunate against the Geordies and very bad today.

It needs perspective.

We finish 7th when our expected position based on squad quality etc is around the bottom 5.

No doubt we are in a sticky patch but in my opinion this is what I see as the problems.

Firstly, when you finish 7th you start, quite understandably, to look at players outside the usual Burnley budget for wages. Hart is the best example of this. I think there has been a negative impact on the rest of the squad particularly given that Heaton would have expected to get the shirt. In hindsight, irrespective of how Hart has played (very well) I don’t think he should have been bought.

Secondly, our defence is not defending like it did last season. The main reason is at left back and his lack of defensive nous. This affects the rest of the defence. We have a championship left back in a team that finished 7th in the prem.

Thirdly, we were impacted by Europe and lack of prep time for games certainly until October. This has led to chopping and changing in forward areas to a point where we don’t seem to know our best combination.

Fourthly, as our two best players (Defour and Brady) have come back they are either not fully fit or being played in systems that don’t suit them. Defour is better in a five man midfield and yet today we were terrible because Hendrick is not a number ten. As much as Defour can struggle in a four I thought he was ok against the geordies.

All that said Burnley FC should be aiming for 17th position in the premier league with the budgets, size of club etc. Palace have a player on 130k per week.....

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Compared to a lot of posters, I'm a newcomer. But I've been watching since the Ternent days and this is as bad as it gets.
Last edited by Murger on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:20 pm

Murger wrote:Compared to a lot of posters, I'm a newcomer. But I r been watching since the Ternent days and this is as bad as it gets.
Really.....

Grimsby 6 Burnley 5 anyone....

BS

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Maybe so.

We were a bit unfortunate against the Geordies and very bad today.

It needs perspective.

We finish 7th when our expected position based on squad quality etc is around the bottom 5.

No doubt we are in a sticky patch but in my opinion this is what I see as the problems.

Firstly, when you finish 7th you start, quite understandably, to look at players outside the usual Burnley budget for wages. Hart is the best example of this. I think there has been a negative impact on the rest of the squad particularly given that Heaton would have expected to get the shirt. In hindsight, irrespective of how Hart has played (very well) I don’t think he should have been bought.

Secondly, our defence is not defending like it did last season. The main reason is at left back and his lack of defensive nous. This affects the rest of the defence. We have a championship left back in a team that finished 7th in the prem.

Thirdly, we were impacted by Europe and lack of prep time for games certainly until October. This has led to chopping and changing in forward areas to a point where we don’t seem to know our best combination.

Fourthly, as our two best players (Defour and Brady) have come back they are either not fully fit or being played in systems that don’t suit them. Defour is better in a five man midfield and yet today we were terrible because Hendrick is not a number ten. As much as Defour can struggle in a four I thought he was ok against the geordies.

All that said Burnley FC should be aiming for 17th position in the premier league with the budgets, size of club etc. Palace have a player on 130k per week.....
I don’t see any blame being laid at the door of the Manager here, just a lot of dancing around the Elephant in the Room; the Manager.

He bought Hart. I don’t buy that he’s part of the problem, but Dyche bought him.

Blaming Taylor for our defensive woes is p1ss weak, at best.

The Europe thing is reasonable enough, but we had plenty of time to prepare for Europe. We knew we were guaranteed Premier League Football by the end of January, and we sealed Europe with games to spare.

Defour and Brady’s fitness were known factors during the summer, and the failure to play either in formations that suit them speak’s volumes about Dyche. As does his persistence in playing Hendricks out of position, again and again.

And as for Palace’s £130k a week man; He wasn’t even in the squad today.
Palace were in poor form, especially at home, and we made ‘em look like World Beaters.

One can only make excuses about our poor form for so long whilst skipping around the idea that the blame might actually lie at the Manager’s feet.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Really.....

BS
At least we looked like bloody scoring.

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:Many of the ne'er do wells have merely jumped on the Clarets Premier League Bandwagon. They'll disappear when we return to The Championship.

YES! We're going through rough times but Sean Dyche is the person to bring us safely out the other end.
Hi Ralph, we have been on a slide for more or less a year. What, in SDs team selections, tsctics and purchases over that time have convinced you that SD is the person to stop the rot?

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Really.....

BS
All we need is your mate Ward to save the day eh? Why not stop trolling people and get with the picture.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6744 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:At least we looked like bloody scoring.
Stan Ternent dragged our club up from the depths of despair, with Barry Kilby.
I loved the Stan years, it was entertainment