forget Dyche out.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

forget Dyche out.

Post by claretnproud » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:20 am

firstly Burnley wont want to pay out his contract and secondly our players hugely over achieved last season and it was only his leadership that made us so hard to beat. We have little goal threat and not sure how many managers would fancy this task. Fat Sam might be able to sort it out for a short term fix but we are out of our depth in truth.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Re: forget Dyche out.

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:31 am

Why have we gone from a 7th place to "out of our depth " ?

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:33 am

I’d agree that the board are probably out their depth along with the manager.

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:34 am

Balls to it then might as well give up, ship out the dead wood in January and save the money for a rebuild in summer...for the championship.

I've said it before you react to the here and now not trade on past glories. Something has to give. Either the board are out of their depth or Dyche is. The board have put someone in place to help their short comings. However, I'm not seeing any evidence Dyche can change or adapt his philosophies. We've lost the work rate and element of tactical surprise yet we keep with the same week in week out. That shows out of depth.

I'm sure many on here either run a business or are part of running a business and if something isn't working you make changes.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin tiger76

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:36 am

hugely over achieved last season
Over achieved with results yes but I'm not sure about performances or especially the quality of football apart from that goal we scored away at Everton!

For me he deserves to be manager for a little while longer to try and sort it out but we should not stay blindly loyal if we think there maybe a chance of survival by changing the manager.

If we are determined to be a Yo Yo club ..... I would rather do that with a manager who at least is going to get us playing some kind of entertaining football.

I know he's being paid big bucks but staying in the Prem far outweighs that.

We all knew that the football would be dire to watch if we had a bad run, it was bad enough to endure while winning but something is definitely wrong with the training methods when players can't pass a ball 10 yards and the passing has got worse over the last 18 months under SD.

In fact SD seems to be able to suck any flair out of any exciting attacking players over time!