I think your missing the point

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

I think your missing the point

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:15 am

I don't think it's Dyche who's at fault. The players just are not good enough at this level. It's as simple as that.

People asking for his head is laughable. What he has achieved with meh players is nothing sort of a miracle. I think the players are mentally fatigued now having battled with far superior players each week for the last few couple of years and its finally broken them down.

For me its the board who are to blame should they be any blame at all. Perhaps there not that bothered as the club financially is in a good position and a lot better than when they come together.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Re: I think your missing the point

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 am

This is the same team that finished 7th so your argument that the players aren't good enough for this level doesn't hold water. Yes, it can be argued that Dyche performed a miracle. However, it would be silly to pretend that the players didn't contribute massively to that.

The present situation is down not only to Dyche but also the players. However, it's usually the manager who bears the brunt of the blame as he's the one in charge. It's far easier to change manager and approach than an entire squad of players.
These 3 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Blackrod depechedingle

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:40 am

So none of the Leicester players were good enough to win the league, or the man utd players suddenly turned crap when fergie left?

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 am

It's even easier to get behind the manager and give him the support and loyalty he deserves given his huge achievements here

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1485 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 am

Its about application and taking the pxxx.Yesterday several players couldn't be arsed.Shirking tackles .displacement of simple ball.pedantic attacks.
You win nothing without 100% on message every game.
Several players were way off their best and need replacing.Time for Bayode and McNeil to step up.
We need youngers eager players

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 am

cockneyclaret wrote:So none of the Leicester players were good enough to win the league, or the man utd players suddenly turned crap when fergie left?
I am simply saying in my opinion this squad are full of championship players that over performed which had a lot to do with Dyche. You can only run a car for so long in the red section on the revs.

From the players that started yesterday I think there is 5 who are good enough for this league

Hart prem
Taylor 1st div
Mee prem
Long champ
Lowton champ
Lennon 1st div
Cork prem
Defour prem
JBG prem
Hendrick 1st div
Wood champ
Brady champ

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:49 am

There's quite a few drunkards about at the moment!
This user liked this post: lesxdp

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 am

IndigoLake wrote:This is the same team that finished 7th so your argument that the players aren't good enough for this level doesn't hold water. Yes, it can be argued that Dyche performed a miracle. However, it would be silly to pretend that the players didn't contribute massively to that.

The present situation is down not only to Dyche but also the players. However, it's usually the manager who bears the brunt of the blame as he's the one in charge. It's far easier to change manager and approach than an entire squad of players.
You are making changing managers sound like a straight forward process. Let's pot Dyche tomorrow, paying millions to him in the process and we could have erm err erm a new manager in charge for the Liverpool game.

I beg to differ, especially when there are no suitable replacements available.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4093 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:54 am

You can’t blame SD for players making individual mistakes.

His responsibility is to motivate the players, whilst recognising that certain systems aren’t working, and certain players in certain positions aren’t working, and finding a solution.

He’s earned the right to have a decent crack at turning this dip around.

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:05 pm

NL Claret wrote:You are making changing managers sound like a straight forward process. Let's pot Dyche tomorrow, paying millions to him in the process and we could have erm err erm a new manager in charge for the Liverpool game.

I beg to differ, especially when there are no suitable replacements available.
Fair point, changing managers isn't always easy. After all, that often means changing backroom staff, playing style and even some playing personnel. However, I see that as an easier option than continuing in the present situation. We have to pay Dyche regardless of whether we sack him or he stays. Would you rather he stays and we continue to lose than sack him and find a manager who can get us winning again? I know, it's not as simple as that. However, I don't believe Dyche can turn this round and I do believe the club can find a manager who can.

Your statement that there are no suitable replacements available is categorically false. Just because fans on a messageboard can't come up with attractive suggestions, doesn't mean there aren't any. There may be a young manager who is doing well at a lower league club that would jump at such a chance. There may even be a more experienced manager out of work that we haven't considered. All of that is before even considering whether we could bring in our first foreign manager (unlikely I know). We simply don't know who would apply and who would most impress the board.

Just remember that when we were last looking for a manger, only one or two were mentioning Sean Dyche. Many others wanted Mick McCarthy, for example. My point is that it's not as simple as pulling a name out of a hat. Most likely, it will be someone few of us on this board have considered. I trust the board will find a suitable replacement.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:09 pm

IndigoLake wrote:Would you rather he stays and we continue to lose than sack him and find a manager who can get us winning again?
Now you put it like this that changes everything for me :roll:

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:18 pm

taio wrote:Now you put it like this that changes everything for me :roll:
Or you could try not to be a prick and actually quote me properly. Following that, I said the following:

I know, it's not as simple as that. However, I don't believe Dyche can turn this round and I do believe the club can find a manager who can.

It was also tied to us having to pay Dyche off if we sack him. I'd rather we do that than continue to pay him and continue to lose.
These 3 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Rumpelstiltskin Murger

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm

IndigoLake wrote:Would you rather he stays and we continue to lose than sack him and find a manager who can get us winning again? I know, it's not as simple as that. However, I don't believe Dyche can turn this round and I do believe the club can find a manager who can.
Now you put it like that it changes everything for me :roll:
This user liked this post: IndigoLake

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm with untinted on this.

How much have we payed for our most expensive player? How much is Zaha or Townsend worth? West Ham beat us with Anderson - did he cost them double our most expensive? Finances mean that every game we play the pitch is already tilted against us. It was fantastic last season that we got off to a flyer at Stamford Bridge and continued to build on those results. We needed everything to be 100% right to achieve those results, and, when Tom Heaton got injured, we needed Nick Pope to step up and show that he was just as good as Tom.

Things are not so easy this season; start the season with Europa, Nick injured, Defour and Brady not yet back from injuries from last season, and we bring in Joe Hart..... Let's just say Joe had no pre-season with the rest of the squad. I still don't understand how Palace scored their first yesterday, but mis-understandings/mis-communication seems to be part of it. So, we go a goal down, 15 mins in, what do we think that did to everyone's confidence?

Tackling, yesterday? Well Zaha didn't get a penalty and my guess is that this is one of the things we'd trained on during the week, don't give away a pen with a tackle in the box.

Things are going wrong - everyone will be under pressure, Sean Dyche and his coaching staff, plus all the playing squad. Somethings need to be done and, I'm sure there's no one who posts on here doesn't think Sean Dyche knows that something needs to be done. But, it's all fine margins. Whatever the problems are bringing in a new manager isn't part of any solutions.
This user liked this post: Untinted Glasses

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3336 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:43 pm

I just hope that if it ever does come to picking a replacement for SD (and I hope it doesn't) they don't allow Brendan Flood anywhere near it!

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Most of those players were good enough to finish 7th last season so I don't think it's fatigue or not being good enough.

As I've said on other threads...when the going gets tough the tough get going, so the ball's in the players court so to speak.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:I just hope that if it ever does come to picking a replacement for SD (and I hope it doesn't) they don't allow Brendan Flood anywhere near it!
Yes, cos he got it so wrong with coyle

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:01 pm

I believe the OP does have a point though. Individually very few of our players would be first choice in another PL team (except for Cardiff maybe) but collectively they were able to form some kind of machine which ground out results, played for each other, frustrated the hell out of the opposition, worked like demons and had a force and momentum entirely of its own. And that steamroller rolled us all the way to a 7th place finish. Once that fractures however and cracks appear, the lack of individual skill and genuine talent at this level is hopelessly exposed. That's exactly how it appears to me right now. We are seeing a bunch of individuals and all their failings out there (just look at the player ratings week in week out this season) because we don't see the collective any more. How to put that right and get it back I really don't know, but just I hope Sean does!

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:06 pm

This IS Dyche's team, he's been here 6 years. The tactics are Dyche's tactics. If Dyche doesn't feel that the players he chooses to cross the line on matchday are carrying out his instructions, then he plays those who he feels will.
All said, the buck stops with SD. His decisions, his tactics, his team, his players....his choices!

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:This IS Dyche's team, he's been here 6 years. The tactics are Dyche's tactics. If Dyche doesn't feel that the players he chooses to cross the line on matchday are carrying out his instructions, then he plays those who he feels will.
All said, the buck stops with SD. His decisions, his tactics, his team, his players....his choices!
I agree, but the totally bizarre Vydra situation aside, all he's able to do is shift the deckchairs on the Titanic right now and that's down to a very uninspiring summer transfer window. How much of that was down to him and how much down to others I don't know, but that's the root of most of our issues as he's now got so few (different) cards to play.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:I agree, but the totally bizarre Vydra situation aside, all he's able to do is shift the deckchairs on the Titanic right now and that's down to a very uninspiring summer transfer window. How much of that was down to him and how much down to others I don't know, but that's the root of most of our issues as he's now got so few (different) cards to play.
It's not just this last summer though is it, every window we've had has been nothing short of comical and eventually, desperate.
Chasing players until the 11th hour then making panic signings.... I remember chasing Hendrick for weeks and weeks.
I agree it won't be down to SD alone with recruitment, but it's an absolute shambles under the current set up. If the rumours are to be believed around SD and the type of payer he will consider, it's restricting our options massively and we are currently seeing the effect of it.

Perhaps the new recruitment guy can make a difference.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3078 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Untinted Glasses wrote:I am simply saying in my opinion this squad are full of championship players that over performed which had a lot to do with Dyche. You can only run a car for so long in the red section on the revs.

From the players that started yesterday I think there is 5 who are good enough for this league

Hart prem
Taylor 1st div
Mee prem
Long champ
Lowton champ
Lennon 1st div
Cork prem
Defour prem
JBG prem
Hendrick 1st div
Wood champ
Brady champ
You need to change your username

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:It's not just this last summer though is it, every window we've had has been nothing short of comical and eventually, desperate.
Chasing players until the 11th hour then making panic signings.... I remember chasing Hendrick for weeks and weeks.
I agree it won't be down to SD alone with recruitment, but it's an absolute shambles under the current set up. If the rumours are to be believed around SD and the type of payer he will consider, it's restricting our options massively and we are currently seeing the effect of it.

Perhaps the new recruitment guy can make a difference.
I am certain the new recruitment guy COULD have made a massive difference, but we've appointed him 6 months too late and we've already come out and said don't expect much activity in January, so I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately.