Is this message board the problem

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Is this message board the problem

Post by tim_noone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:56 am

Everyone on the turf I heard last night was upbeat about the performance and got behind the team and Sean Dyche....one or two early leavers but to be fair we were 1..0 up.
Last edited by tim_noone on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

charlyt
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Re: Is this board the problem

Post by charlyt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:01 am

The board appoint, discuss, weigh up and act.
Our board have their fingers on the button and will unless they are totally gormless stick with our manager.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 am

charlyt wrote:The board appoint, discuss, weigh up and act.
Our board have their fingers on the button and will unless they are totally gormless stick with our manager.
:lol:
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 am

tim_noone wrote:Everyone on the turf I heard last night was upbeat about the performance and got behind the team and Sean Dyche....one or two early leavers but to be fair we were 1..0 up.
The atmosphere at the game last night (generally not just singing etc) was very good and like a different clubs fans entirely to those who post on here.

All in unison. Supportive. Etc

4:20
Been Liked: 1065 times
Has Liked: 1184 times

Re: Is this message board the problem

Post by 4:20 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:08 am

upthepinchofsalt.com

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:11 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:The atmosphere at the game last night (generally not just singing etc) was very good and like a different clubs fans entirely to those who post on here.

All in unison. Supportive. Etc
Luckily the biggest moaners on here rarely if ever attend
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:39 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Luckily the biggest moaners on here rarely if ever attend
The biggest contributor rarely if ever attends

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:24 am

You do realise that on Wednesday we played quite well and therefore the fans had something to support and get behind.

People moaning on here are doing so because quite frankly it’s been abysmal recently. Had we been poor the other night I’m sure the atmosphere at the game would have been similar to on here.

Hopefully they play well tomorrow and give us something to shout about again. If not, don’t be surprised if folk moan and grumble.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3078 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 am

tim_noone wrote:Everyone on the turf I heard last night was upbeat about the performance and got behind the team and Sean Dyche....one or two early leavers but to be fair we were 1..0 up.
Some of us early leavers don't get home until 11.15, and are up for work at 4.00. I hated leaving early, but that 5 minutes could save me 20 mins on my journey time. I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons for leaving early as well.
Mind if we'd still been 1 up, I would have forgone sleep altogether.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 am

I do usually see out the full game and show my appreciation if their is sweat on the shirt but I left as soon as Liverpool's third went in because despite us playing very well I was surrounded by scousers in the Jimmy Mac Lower and I'd enough of them quite frankly.

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Luckily the biggest moaners on here rarely if ever attend
Do you have proof of that or is it just more hot air?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:57 am

Murger wrote:Do you have proof of that or is it just more hot air?

Totally made up, I mean you never miss a game

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am

This message board is unequivocally appalling. I seldom view it these days never mind use it. There are no characters anymore and the issues for discussion on a football message board are disconcerting. I know quite a few people who have stopped using it because of posters on here who are nothing short of key board bullies and due to the horrendous topics for discussion. I hope sometime soon another message board can be put in place to compete with this board as it’s a shame that it has become a depressing and miserable place to visit.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 am

pushpinpussy wrote:This message board is unequivocally appalling. I seldom view it these days never mind use it.
You're using it now.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 am

Good neesaage board with lots of discussion and differing opinions. If you can't accept others have different views or will moan if the football is turgid or negative then you shouldn't be posting. I think too many are in the camp of 'by eck arnt we lucky to have a club we should never moan and stick by the manager indefinitely even if things are clearly not going well'. Whilst we are punching above our weight we are still a PL club and should be trying to retain that status and ultimately fans will want some sort of entertainment at some point which admittedly we had on Wednesday despite the loss. All this ' I'm a better fan nonsense because I never leave early and always applaud the team off' is a bit pathetic.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 am

pushpinpussy wrote:This message board is unequivocally appalling. I seldom view it these days never mind use it. There are no characters anymore and the issues for discussion on a football message board are disconcerting. I know quite a few people who have stopped using it because of posters on here who are nothing short of key board bullies and due to the horrendous topics for discussion. I hope sometime soon another message board can be put in place to compete with this board as it’s a shame that it has become a depressing and miserable place to visit.
Stop being such a pussy !

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:23 am

The problem is we’ve been shite and uncommitted all season. 1 work hard performance and the happy clappers are out if force whinging against the “whinges”.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. I suspect normal service resumed again.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:Some of us early leavers don't get home until 11.15, and are up for work at 4.00. I hated leaving early, but that 5 minutes could save me 20 mins on my journey time. I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons for leaving early as well.
It was tongue in cheek regards 1..0 great support
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1512 times

Post by Goodclaret » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 am

Dyched wrote:The problem is we’ve been shite and uncommitted all season. 1 work hard performance and the happy clappers are out if force whinging against the “whinges”.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. I suspect normal service resumed again.
With comments like that we can see why you are on here 2 minutes after a defeat slagging all and sundry off. Your mind set is clearly "we are rubbish" and even a "hard work performance" won't be changing your mind. That wasn't just a work hard performance on Wednesday, we played some good football against the second best team in this league.

I probably fall in to the, stupidly named, "happy clappers" section but I much prefer it as seeing the bigger picture instead of when we lose a game shout for our manager to be sacked. I watched the Palace game and we were truly awful, as we have been in a couple of other games so far but I can see when we do try and play some good football instead of looking at the result and shouting how sh1t we are. Take Chelsea for example, we played very well until we conceded but because we lost 4 nil it was all doom and gloom and Dyche out rubbish on here.

Anyway, each to their own. You keep being happy being miserable and I'll keep enjoying the best days of supporting my team in 30 years whist accepting there will be some disappointing days.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:06 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:Some of us early leavers don't get home until 11.15, and are up for work at 4.00. I hated leaving early, but that 5 minutes could save me 20 mins on my journey time. I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons for leaving early as well.
Ditto. I left at 90 mins to try escape the traffic snarl. Night roadworks on M62 meant I got home after midnight.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:02 pm

I think you are wrong there. You are working on the assumption that having a good moan on here in the cold light of day equates to being the same on the Turf. I don't think it is. This is the place to analyse, debate and scrutinize but on a match day most will still get behind the team, I know I do (and yes, for reasons I won't bore you with, I don't get to every game).
Look at the players, not just here but at any club, do you think they get all excited at Dyches team talks or at training, of course they don't, but they turn up in a different frame of mind on the day, and I think it is the same with supporters. People can moan as much as they want on here but I think in the main they will still be animated at the game (unless it's crap, which can definitely flatten an atmosphere at any ground).

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:45 am

Goodclaret wrote:With comments like that we can see why you are on here 2 minutes after a defeat slagging all and sundry off. Your mind set is clearly "we are rubbish" and even a "hard work performance" won't be changing your mind. That wasn't just a work hard performance on Wednesday, we played some good football against the second best team in this league.

I probably fall in to the, stupidly named, "happy clappers" section but I much prefer it as seeing the bigger picture instead of when we lose a game shout for our manager to be sacked. I watched the Palace game and we were truly awful, as we have been in a couple of other games so far but I can see when we do try and play some good football instead of looking at the result and shouting how sh1t we are. Take Chelsea for example, we played very well until we conceded but because we lost 4 nil it was all doom and gloom and Dyche out rubbish on here.

Anyway, each to their own. You keep being happy being miserable and I'll keep enjoying the best days of supporting my team in 30 years whist accepting there will be some disappointing days.
LOLZ. We played well until we were beat 4-0 :lol:

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1512 times

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Dyched wrote:LOLZ. We played well until we were beat 4-0 :lol:
Don't worry, I knew you wouldn't understand. Hope you're managing to enjoy your weekend despite a Burnley victory. Have a good one :D :D

lostinthegame
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by lostinthegame » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 pm

It's not all bad news. At least you lot are famous :D :D :D

https://twitter.com/UTCSpecimens" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;