Amazon

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
gtclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Amazon

Post by gtclaret » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:54 pm

I need a moan. What is so difficult to understand about the delivery instructions to leave behind the wheely bin if I am not in. They always just leave the parcel outside my front door for anyone to see and take.
I think Joe Hart is the problem

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Re: Amazon

Post by LordBob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm

You probably unknowingly left the instructions with somebody in South Africa a wheelie bin is something different there.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2971 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 pm

It's the courier that's at fault, not Amazon per se.

They once left a parcel on my front doorstep, on a busy main road, and I claimed
that I never received it and got another one FOC. Someone must have nicked it.

I requested that it be delivered to the local branch Post Office. :o

That'll teach the buggers.

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:It's the courier that's at fault, not Amazon per se.

They once left a parcel on my front doorstep, on a busy main road, and I claimed

Don't blame you a mate of mine missed a trick when his wifes Giant mountain bike was left on his path on splashed across the packing was A BRAND NEW BIKE FROM GIANT he complained I told him he could have had 2 he was gutted up for not thinking that way.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:13 pm

LordBob wrote:Don't blame you a mate of mine missed a trick when his wifes Giant mountain bike was left on his path on splashed across the packing was A BRAND NEW BIKE FROM GIANT he complained I told him he could have had 2 he was gutted up for not thinking that way.
Aye, we're not all sneaky, cheating, thieving barstewards. :lol:

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:Aye, we're not all sneaky, cheating, thieving barstewards. :lol:
But you are only CLAIMING you didn't receive it!
:lol: :lol:

dsr
Been Liked: 4571 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:31 pm

If, in principle, you think that stealing that parcel was the right thing to do, then why would you object to Amazon leaving it where it could be stolen?

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Stop buying things on line and start using the shops, especially your local ones, that's why the high street shops are closing in their hundreds. I know on line is convenient but it's not good for the shop keepers. Rant over. :x

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 pm

I had a delivery made a few weeks ago. As I live in an apartment, I told them to go up the stairs, first right - but they just walked in and left it in the main corridor, where anybody could have decided to pick it up as they walked in/out of the main entrance. I contacted Amazon (via the order in my account) and asked them to never let that driver deliver my goods again. Hopefully they were warned/sacked.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm

beddie wrote:Stop buying things on line and start using the shops, especially your local ones, that's why the high street shops are closing in their hundreds. I know on line is convenient but it's not good for the shop keepers. Rant over. :x
I remember buying an iPod from Argos in Burnley. It must have been around 12 years ago. I took it home and realised it was broken. The tracks kept skipping/jumping. I took it back to Argos and long story short - the serial number on the box was different to the serial number on the iPod. Somebody in-store had swapped it and tried to sell a broken product. If Burnley Argos is still there, make sure you check if you buy anything from there.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 pm

dsr wrote:If, in principle, you think that stealing that parcel was the right thing to do, then why would you object to Amazon leaving it where it could be stolen?
I don't recall raising any objection.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:46 pm

gtclaret wrote:I need a moan. What is so difficult to understand about the delivery instructions to leave behind the wheely bin if I am not in. They always just leave the parcel outside my front door for anyone to see and take.
I think Joe Hart is the problem
Serves you right for using the tax evading **** outfit!

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:54 pm

So, just to get this clear, are you saying that the parcel was left on your doorstep and you claimed another out of rascality or was it actually really nicked? Mmm! Wouldn't like to think there was any naughtiness going on. :o

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Amazon employ their own couriers, they only get paid if they deliver the item, that's why they (wrongly) doorstep parcels.

gtclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:49 pm

beddie wrote:Stop buying things on line and start using the shops, especially your local ones, that's why the high street shops are closing in their hundreds. I know on line is convenient but it's not good for the shop keepers. Rant over. :x
Good point, but this is a strange case. People buy online for convenience and price. In this case it is neither. I dance and need quality dance shoes, in which buying from the shop is quicker, the shoes will fit as you try them before buying and not much difference in the price. Yet the Internet has killed them off.
The nearest dance shop is on London nearly 40 from my home. The size I order almost never fit an gave to be returned

Joe14
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Joe14 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Quite a few delivery drivers leaving parcels in wheelie bins :lol:
Quite a few parcels end up in landfill :o

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Tesco isn't much better. I ordered some mushrooms a few weeks ago as part of my main shop as I normally get it delivered. They didn't have any, so they substituted it for a pair of semi-opaque mushroom coloured tights!
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller