Burnley v Brighton - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Re: Burnley v Brighton - Player Ratings

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:10 pm

MDWat wrote:Hart 6
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8*
Taylor 6
Gudmundsson 6
Westwood 4
Cork 6
Brady 5
Wood 3
Barnes 4
Barnes 4.......ridiculous!

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Hart 6
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8*
Mee 8
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Westwood 6
Cork 5
Brady 6
Barnes 6
Wood 4

Lennon 4
Hendrick 7

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:26 pm

We had a good spell for about five minutes in the first, resulting in us scoring, and looked very comfortable at the back all game until the final flurry of corners. Brighton were abysmal thankfully, which we needed as we were miles away from what we can do.

Plus points, the back four were excellent and Brady did well enough, but we still need a lot of improvement if we are going to do a lot better this season.

Hart 6 - thought he did ok under the conditions, but his command of area needs improvement
Bardsley 8 - good again
Mee 8 - back to his best
Tarkowski 8* - could have had two
Taylor 7 - did well, only loses a mark for that farcical clearance
JBG 6 - couple of bits of quality but we need more from him
Cork 6 - ok, but need more
Westwood 6 - he's not Defour, but did alright
Brady 7
Barnes 5
Wood 5

Subs
Lennon 5
Hendrick 7

its three points and its something to build on but we have a long way to go.
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

Jase_H
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Jase_H » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Hart 6
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8
Mee 7
Taylor 7
JBG 7
Westwood 6
Cork 6
Brady 7
Barnes 6
Wood 6

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Hart 5
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8
Taylor 6
JBG 7
Westwood 6
Cork 6
Brady 6
Barnes 7
Wood 5

Gutsy performance.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Steve1956 wrote:A win...A clean sheet..and Hart is still getting stick I give up!
I'll give the whole team 8 each, 100% better than we have been
Burnley Goalkeepers have to come and catch every ball that comes within 20 yards of them :lol:

There was a keeper today who came for a cross in the 6 yard box, made a mess of it and then got stuck in the mix with a load of centre halves. He might have been better off staying on his line, he might have thought the same as it bounced off Tarky who he was stuck behind.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Hart 6

Bardsley 9 MOM Fantastic commitment, aggression and defensive nous (apart from a silly free-kick late on)
Tarkowski 8 Much, MUCH better.
Mee 8 see above
Taylor 8 gets better all the time but needs consistency of performance in front of him.

Gudmundsson 8 (a real shame he went off)
Cork 7
Westwood 6
Brady 7 (he`s getting there)

Barnes 7
Wood 4 (he is not a target for the boo boys he just in not very good at the moment...offers nothing.

Lennon 5 (gave it away time and time again)

strayclaret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by strayclaret » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Hart 6
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8
Taylor 7
JBG 7
Westwood 6
Cork 6
Brady 7
Barnes 6
Wood 6
3 BIG POINTS today, no other comments necessary.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 pm

Hart 6
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9*
Taylor 8
Gudmundsson 7
Cork 7
Westwood 7
Brady 7
Barnes 7
Wood 5

Lennon 6
Hendrick NA

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Hart 6
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9*
Taylor 8
Gudmundsson 7
Cork 7
Westwood 7
Brady 7
Barnes 7
Wood 5

Lennon 6
Hendrick NA

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:00 am

Massive win. Really enjoyed that, even though the weather was miserable. Always good to beat scummy Brighton

Hart 5 hmmm when’s Pope fit?
Bardsley 8 - sets the tone
Tarkowski 8 looks back to his commanding best
Mee 8 ditto
Taylor 6 hmm when’s Ward back?
JBG 7 hope he’s ok
Westwood 7 got about the pitch
Cork 6 getting a bit worried about him
Brady 7 big plus today. Looked sharper and lasted 90 mins
Barnes 6 bit of a nuisance
Wood 5 gets in goal scoring positions but yet another poor display. It’s a shame as he’s our most dangerous striker when on form

Subs all did ok apart from Lennons crazy pass

Dyche 8 I watched football focus today, how can anyone want another manager at our football club?

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:****
Someone do something about this imbecile ffs.

This is a ratings thread and yet this bellend feels the need to post this.

No ratings from claretheadinthesand. Perhaps you should find another thread to connect your ears together

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:17 am

Hart 6-Didn't have a great deal to do but kept a clean sheet.
Bardsley 8-He's made a big difference since being reintroduced.
Tarkowski 8*-Playing something close to his best yesterday.
Mee 8-Played well and relieved the central partnership appears to be working again.
Taylor 7-Did well, there danger man Knockaert didn't get the better of him.
JBG 6-Very good in patches but I still think there's a lot more to come from him.
Westwood 7-Good and honest. Always available for the ball.
Cork 7-Worked hard but I'm still not convinced there's room for both his and Ashley.
Brady 7-His best game since coming back from injury. We need this level of performance week in week out.
Barnes 7-Worked his socks off and quite rightly got a standing ovation when he was subbed.
Wood 6-Cant deny he tried very hard. This was one of his better games but we need more from our main striker in the final third.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:35 am

Roosterbooster wrote:Hart 6
Bardsley 7
Taylor 7
Mee 7
Tarks 7
Westwood 8* Did all of Cork’s work as well as his own
Cork 5 For all those scoring Westwood lower, just watch the game. Cork caught being lazy so often, Westwood covers him, and still leads the high press. His desire to get the ball forward compared to Cork is also overlooked.
JBG 6
Brady 7
Barnes 7
Wood 4 He is useless. I watched him closely. His movement is atrocious

Lennon 6
Hendrick 8 An unbelievable cameo. His tackle in the LW position was almost as exciting as the goal!! If he can do that sort of thing for a good portion of a game, he has to replace Cork

Dyche 6 Would have easily been a 7/8, but playing Wood and Cork again is bonkers. Doesn’t matter if we won, those 2 are being carried at the moment. The decision to leave Wood on, I can only imagine, is to try and give the boy confidence. TBH, I don’t think we have the luxury of waiting...
What game were you watching mate? Westwood was rubbish as usua, l to score him 8 is unbelievable. I gave him and Cork a generous 5 like most others.
Cork and Westwood must be the worse Premier league centre mid pairing in the Premier league, the pair of them are weak in the tackle, easily shaken off the ball and offer little going forward.

Bfcshaun
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfcshaun » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 am

Pretty dire game played in truly awful conditions particularly second half.
Hart 6- not much to do spilled a couple of crosses , one in first half he got away with.
Bardsley 7- committed display with plenty of defensive and odd attacking forays
Taylor 6- looked the weakest of our back four but hung in there.
Mee 8- both him and Tarkowski was magnificent.
Tarkowski 8- looked to be getting back to last season's levels. Playing with hernia wasn't fair in the lad.
Cork 7- couple of good attacking moments in first half but a shared responsibility with Westwood helped the defence.
Westwood 7- Did the nitty gritty stuff well.
Gudmindson7- apart from giving up on phase in first half he was an outlet all afternoon. Would be even better if we could get him in threatening areas more often.
Brady 6- good shot in first half but seems to be struggling with some form of injury.
Barnes 7- nuisance factor but also defended well from the front and probably had more shots than all.
Wood 5- not sure what he is bringing to the table, nothing like last season. Lucky to stay on for full 90.
Lennon 6- hard to come in to a game like that but did defensive duties well.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 am

Hart 5 - yes it was windy and horrible but he came off his line once in the whole game and dropped it.
Barnsley 8 - second excellent game in a row.
Mee 8 MOM - best game of season especially in first half
Tarks 8 - very solid
Taylor 6 - think he has improved these last few games
Westwood 6 - did ok but couple of really poor passes
Cork 6 - ditto
JBG 7 - looked a threat. Hope he is not out too long.
Brady 7 - good game. Gaining fitness and hopefully will be back to his best soon
Barnes 6 - did ok. Great effort.
Wood 4 - his confidence is shot. Very worrying and Sam Vokes must be hugely pis-sed off.

Lennon 4 - nearly cost us the points
Hendrick 6 - great cameo.

If JBG is out then I hope we do not play Lennon. Get Jeff in the team and play him out wide if we have to but play him in midfield. He’s played there for Ireland.
If we are going to stick to 4-4-2 then Vokes for Wood. Or if Defour back go 4-5-1.
let’s not write off these next 2 games. We drew at Spurs last year and Huddersfield nearly got a point at Arsenal yesterday so it is possible. Even if we lose we need performances to maintain a bit of confidence

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:
Bardsley 9 MOM Fantastic commitment, aggression and defensive nous (apart from a silly free-kick late on)
I don't think i'm alone in considering that he took one for the team there. He couldn't allow their guy to get past him. Stopping play, slowing things down gave us time to re-group and defend the free-kick.

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:11 am

Top Claret wrote:What game were you watching mate? Westwood was rubbish as usua, l to score him 8 is unbelievable. I gave him and Cork a generous 5 like most others.
Cork and Westwood must be the worse Premier league centre mid pairing in the Premier league, the pair of them are weak in the tackle, easily shaken off the ball and offer little going forward.
Typical “fan watching the game but missing the detail” comments. If you actually watch Westwood, you will see the things he brings to the game. Cork’s positioning is appalling most of the time. Doesn’t track his man, doesn’t help out his full back... he fails on so many of the basic things. He will mark empty space, and leave a free man so the opposition often has 3 on 2. With 2 deep lying midfielders when we don’t have the ball, this is unforgivable.
Westwood, on the other hand, always positions himself to break down play before it happens. He understands the nuances of defensive positioning, and he was pretty much always the man covering Brighton’s central runner on the break. Cork was nowhere to be seen. He has to cover Cork’s defensive work, and does a pretty good job of it too. He is also the one leading the midfield press. We won the ball back so many times against Brighton and Liverpool high up the pitch because of Westwood. Meanwhile, Cork was jogging out not much further forward than the CBs. Cork never leads the press. Whilst I agree that his level of passing was off the mark slightly yesterday, he still looks to get the ball forwards and moving about 10 times faster than Cork. Cork stifles attacks, Westwood tries to get us on the front foot, and make the opposition turn and get back, which in effect makes it 10 times easier to retain possession. And don’t forget Westwood’s excellent cross which led to our goal.

I know you’ll disagree. But I watch the intricacies of the game closely, and for the last 2 games, Westwood has been head and shoulders above Cork. It’s a role that often gets overlooked, but the MoM votes for the last 2 games also back this up. His defensive positioning, press, and commitment to getting us on the front foot were absolutely key to the win yesterday. With Defour out, combining him with the engine of Hendrick could work very nicely...

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am

A lot depends if the player is in the scapegoat category and no matter what the players does, the mind of that fan / poster will not change. Having preconceived ideas about players help to form their judgement too.

The sun shines out of the backside of some players, no matter if the player has a bad game or a run of bad games, the mind of that fan / poster will not change.

One example, Cork played a ball out of play and some fans clapped! Hendrick's substitution was met with derision by some around me although that could be they wanted us to pour forward and win 3-0.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 am

Roosterbooster wrote:Typical “fan watching the game but missing the detail” comments. If you actually watch Westwood, you will see the things he brings to the game. Cork’s positioning is appalling most of the time. Doesn’t track his man, doesn’t help out his full back... he fails on so many of the basic things. He will mark empty space, and leave a free man so the opposition often has 3 on 2. With 2 deep lying midfielders when we don’t have the ball, this is unforgivable.
Westwood, on the other hand, always positions himself to break down play before it happens. He understands the nuances of defensive positioning, and he was pretty much always the man covering Brighton’s central runner on the break. Cork was nowhere to be seen. He has to cover Cork’s defensive work, and does a pretty good job of it too. He is also the one leading the midfield press. We won the ball back so many times against Brighton and Liverpool high up the pitch because of Westwood. Meanwhile, Cork was jogging out not much further forward than the CBs. Cork never leads the press. Whilst I agree that his level of passing was off the mark slightly yesterday, he still looks to get the ball forwards and moving about 10 times faster than Cork. Cork stifles attacks, Westwood tries to get us on the front foot, and make the opposition turn and get back, which in effect makes it 10 times easier to retain possession. And don’t forget Westwood’s excellent cross which led to our goal.

I know you’ll disagree. But I watch the intricacies of the game closely, and for the last 2 games, Westwood has been head and shoulders above Cork. It’s a role that often gets overlooked, but the MoM votes for the last 2 games also back this up. His defensive positioning, press, and commitment to getting us on the front foot were absolutely key to the win yesterday. With Defour out, combining him with the engine of Hendrick could work very nicely...
Ferkin heck!! You must be short of something to do with that reply.
Agree Cork is rubbish. Westwood is no better though

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:13 am

How Hendrick does not get a game in centre mid instead of Cork and Westwood beggers belief. Dyche has Hendrick warming the bench when he should be playing centre mid, driving our team forward instead of those to useless clowns.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:16 am

Hart 5
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 7
Mee 8
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Cork 6
Westwood 7
Brady 7
Barnes 7
Wood 5

Lennon 5

UTC!

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:22 am

nil_desperandum wrote:I don't think i'm alone in considering that he took one for the team there. He couldn't allow their guy to get past him. Stopping play, slowing things down gave us time to re-group and defend the free-kick.
Did you think that at the time? ;) Not quite sure it was a necessary foul in the area of the pitch that it took place or maybe it was my dwindling consumption of alcohol :( He was absolutely fantastic though and as another poster stated, his aggression and determination does seem to filter through to the others when he is introduced in place of Lowton (for 3 or 4 games at least).

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 am

Hart 6
Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8*
Mee 7
Taylor 7
JBG 7
Westwood 8 we look better when he plays
Cork 8
Brady 8 getting better
Barnes 6 wasted one huge opportunity
Wood 5

Lennon 5

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 am

[quote="Top Claret"]How Hendrick does not get a game in centre mid instead of Cork and Westwood beggers belief. Dyche has Hendrick warming the bench when he should be playing centre mid, driving our team forward instead of those to useless clowns.[/quote)]

Clowns is harsh but, yes, certainly pushing it regards performance, especially Cork who at the moment really is lightweight. I really would prefer him to be `rested` for the Spurs game and really we need to cement and fill out that midfield.

Hart

Bardsley Tarkowski Mee Taylor (he is growing on me quite a lot)*

Gudmundsson (please be fit) Hendrick Defour (please be fit) Westwood Brady

Barnes (ALL DAY LONG over a horribly out of form Wood).

* honestly think Taylor has suffered regards the timing of his introduction into our team. At first (unless memory has failed - highly likely) in a team struggling and with Brady and Defour out (leaving Taylor with no out ball). Then used in the Europa League with a makeshift and seemingly non-fussed 2nd string and for the last few months with a mish mash of out of form wingers and strikers offering very little for him. I think Brady showing form and more fitness will be a huge plus for Taylor.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 am

Taylor is played far to deep and should get forward at every opportunity. Taylors talent is wasted at Burnley, he is an attacking modern day wing back and we treat him like a 60s full back

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:09 am

Hell, that last 15 minutes was tough, but in the end we just about deserved the win - even if in truth the difference between this performance and say Newcastle at home was more about fine margins than anything else.

Hart - 6 - Difficult day for keepers but he was a little unconvincing all day, although he made one good block towards the end.

Bardsley - 8 - Not quite as secure as he was against Liverpool, but another display full of tenacity, grit, leadership and common sense and we're undoubtedly benefiting from having him in the team at the minute.

Taylor - 7 - Allowed a couple of runners to go, most notably for the best chance Brighton had when the lad headed over 5 minutes from time, but generally solid enough even if he needs to begin to trust his right foot a little more if he's to become the genuine article at this level.

Tarkowski - 9 - Really tough day for centre backs, but he was back to something close to his best today, and after scoring one goal, he came desperately close to another.

Mee - 8 - Much like Tarkowski, without the goal threat.

Cork - 7 - He's not at his best, but he produced probably the most consistent 90 minute performance I've seen from him in weeks, full of diligence and discipline, if not always enormous quality.

Westwood - 7 - Again the pick of the central midfield duo, with another unsung performance, although he probably gave the ball away more than he would like.

JBG - 7 - Deserves enormous credit for his tenacity and determination in winning the free kick from which we ultimately scored, and carried a reasonable threat for the most part. Hopefully his injury is not a bad one.

Brady - 7 - Did the basics well today, which is not a given with him, but also showed some creativity on occasions, even if by playing in Barnes he took the worst of 3 options - shoot himself, feed Barnes, feed Wood - when he led a 3 v 2 break twenty minutes from time.

Barnes - 6 - Put himself about to reasonable effect, but no great goal threat today.

Wood - 5 - I didn't think he was completely ineffective - we used him pulling off the centre backs into the channels as a more mobile target quite a lot, to decent effect, but he does look awfully short on confidence and his habit of drifting offside - or failing to get onside - is getting more and more frequent, which suggests a bit of a cluttered mind at the moment.

Lennon - 5 - Lots of effort, but a couple of misplaced passes on what was in fairness a tough day to get into the pattern of the game.

Hendrick - not on long enough, but helped us see the game out.

A filthy day for football (or indeed anything else), and in truth the game reflected the conditions, bitty and largely pretty ugly. We didn't manage to show the same level of purpose that we managed against Liverpool, but perhaps that was always going to be the case on a day when there was so much more pressure on us to claim the points. Generally though, we did enough to keep Brighton at arms length, having two or three decent chances in both halves, and also being denied a stonewall penalty when Bardsley was kicked in the head. But the failure to get the second goal meant Brighton were always in the game and as the second half wore on, they gradually got on top as a combination of a few players picking up knocks, plus nerves meant that we found ourselves sitting deeper and deeper. But through a combination of luck, good defending and sheer bloody minded determination and commitment, we saw the game out.

It probably won't be an immediate building block - the next two games are tough - but it was vital to set a bit of a marker down at home. That's the first of a relatively kind run of home fixtures, over the next couple of months, and those games will almost certainly ultimately define our destiny.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:25 am

Hart 6 Not much to do
Taylor 7 I seem to be in the minority but I rate him
Mee. 8 Returning to form
Tarks 8 See Mee
Bardsley 8* Playing like a man who wants to keep the shirt now he's got it.
JBG 7. Bit in and out
Cork 7 More like his old self
Westwood 7 Got stuck in, some nice touches
Brady 7 Steadily mproving
Barnes 7 Good first half, faded a bit 2nd
Wood 5 Worked hard but seems to have lost confidence

Hendrick 6
Lennon 5

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Vintage Claret wrote: Taylor 7 I seem to be in the minority but I rate him
ave lost confidence
Not sure you are in the minority based on this thread. There are a few who made their minds up on Taylor and however well he plays score him lowly. But a lot more seem to be recognising he is improving.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Hart - 6 - Had nothing much to do
Bardsley - 7 meaty chest beating stuff.
Mee - 8 defended well & really good distribution from Ben when the situation allowed
Tarky - 7 Please can you cut out the Hollywood 50/60 yard passes to opponents? Unlucky not to score a second
Taylor - 7 Knockeart has been a real threat to previous BFC defences, bottled him up sufficiently for him to be subbed on the hour.
JBG - 7 lively when he was on and can actually get crosses in when he is marked, a bit like Tinman used to.
Westwood - 6 some really ropey passes at times a real mixed bag, needs more consistency even in the same game.
Cork - 6 same as above, both play too deep for me.
Brady - 7 needs to change his game a bit when we are in front and support his full back going forward more. Some good attacking play at times.
Barnes - 6 put himself about and set one or two chances up
Wood - 5 - desperately needs a goal but should have been hooked before kitchen sink time as Sam is much better at defending in the box.

Hendrick - 6 - ran his nuts off and brought the house down with crunching final tackle
Lennon - 4 - one good set up for a chance apart, was a complete liability and had the reverse effect of that intended, i.e. to keep possession and run the clock down safely. One dire pass and a needless foul put the pressure on when his job was to get hold of the ball and take it off. We look better when he is on the bench and he should be shipped out in the window.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Hart 6 (he really didn't have a save to make, but I feel he could have been much more decisive in those last 7-10 minutes and claimed some of the balls into the box, especially once they were bouncing around)
Bardsley 8* (I'm becoming a fan)
Tarks 7
Mee 7
Taylor 7 (starting to run the wing with more self belief recently and showing he COULD add a genuine attacking dimension)
Westwood 6 (agree with above as in excellent one minute, but somewhat wasteful the next)
Cork 7 (more influential than of late)
JBG 7 (the one player who gets us excited when the ball reaches him as he CAN make things happen)
Brady 7 (starting to look more like the player we bought)
Wood 4 (I'm sorry, but it's like playing with a ringer in the side who's actually a mole planted by the opposition)
Barnes 7 (worked his bits and bobs off and far more like the old Barnesy)

Hendrick 7 (I feel like giving him 10 and MOM for THAT final tackle!)
Lennon 4 (not the player to bring on when you're trying to see out a game it appears)

A dour game on an extremely dour day, but we got the 3 points which made it feel like bloody summer! A much better showing again and this time against the sort of team we really need to be showing up against. They defended well and were tidy in midfield, but completely lacking in threat up front and overall we probably deserved the points because we at least were TRYING to win the match. SD has done better the last couple of games, but his subs are still too late i.e. when our tiring forwards have already allowed the opposition to seize the initiative. I think we should change things earlier when we're still in the ascendancy, but at least he's bloody changing things which in itself is refreshing! I'm not sure Brady should have been allowed to play out the last 20 minutes clearly injured and I'm sure Mee was shouting loudly at SD to that effect, but getting nowhere! UTC!!

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Hart 6
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 8*
Mee 8
Taylor 8
JBG 7
Cork 5
Westwood 4
Brady 7
Wood 4
Barnes 6

Lennon 6
Hendrick 5

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Some realistic marks there Nutty Weller. Bob on wi em
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:Barnes 4.......ridiculous!
Genuinely didn't mean 4! Lots of effort but no output. I meant 5.

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by the_magic_rat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:26 am

Hart 6

Bardsley 7
Tarkowski 8
Mee 8
Taylor 7

Gudmundsson 6
Westwood 6