Tyrone Mings Pulls Out Of Talksport Interview

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Tyrone Mings Pulls Out Of Talksport Interview

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Due to their lack of coverage of the Sterling incident at the weekend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46 ... name=sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Re: Tyrone Mings Pulls Out Of Talksport Interview

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm

They devoted virtually an entire show to it last night.Danny Kelly...with guests Darren Lewis Gordan Strachan and Simon Jordan

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:57 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:Due to their lack of coverage of the Sterling incident at the weekend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46 ... name=sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I may be missing something but I couldn’t find in the BBC article anywhere where it suggested there was any lack of coverage of the incident.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:01 pm

I also heard Alan Brazil in discussion with Ray Parlour and Darren Lewis on the Sports Breakfast yesterday morning. Darren Lewis was saying that due to racial connotations it was wrong to call for example Paul Pogba and Romoleu Lukaku lazy. Darren said it isn't racist but it could be taken that way. They are very fine margins if that is truly the case.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:06 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:Due to their lack of coverage of the Sterling incident at the weekend
Pretty sure it's because of what Dave Kitson said on Talksport, that Sterling brings it on himself and makes himself a target. In that case, Mings has a point, because that's a load of bulls**t.

On the other hand, it was just the opinion of one pundit, not the station itself. Probably better to go on and give your thoughts.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Huh? Did you read the article? Its not because of lack of coverage it's due to how Kitson spoke about it the other day.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Brazil was talking about it and they were saying how you need to be careful with certain criticisms eg calling black players lazy but not doing s “ Big Ron”

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:17 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:I also heard Alan Brazil in discussion with Ray Parlour and Darren Lewis on the Sports Breakfast yesterday morning. Darren Lewis was saying that due to racial connotations it was wrong to call for example Paul Pogba and Romoleu Lukaku lazy. Darren said it isn't racist but it could be taken that way. They are very fine margins if that is truly the case.
The problem with people like Darren Lewis, is they appear to be as racist as those they are complaining about.
To call a player lazy isn't racist, unless YOU want it be. The same as describing a player as a beast. Poor old Brian Jensen getting racially abused for years and we never even knew it.
The thing is he undermines an important issue by bringing up complete rubbish.
Chelsea dealt with the individuals who abused Sterling within 3 days, what more could they do. You can't hand out questionnaires to season ticket applicants, are you a racist.
They are trying to drag football down, when in fact it's a social issue, and football has done more to address the problem than any other sector in the country.
It can't be ignored, and it should be highlighted, but to blow it out of proportion is to insult the 40,000 plus who didn't abuse Sterling.
This user liked this post: bobinho

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Paul Ince on TalkSport now discussing the issue

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Brazil is possibly the worst person they could have discussing racism/sexism/homophobism etc. Yesterday expressed surprise that the Chelsea fans that shouted abuse at Raheem Sterling were not tattooed skinheads who must, by his implication, all be racists!
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Kitson's comments from yesterday

“You cannot condone this racism in any way shape or form, I think it’s disgusting.

“But I do believe that players make themselves a target. Why Raheem Sterling? There are other black players on the pitch, every single week.

“I just think that we have a duty of care to ourselves as footballers, to be a little bit careful with social media, and the way we portray ourselves.

“Jealousy is an awful thing amongst the human race.

“I trawled through Raheem Sterling’s Instagram feed this morning to find that a lot of what he put on in his early days has now been deleted.

“And it was, ‘look at my cars, look at my house, look at this bathroom, look at this, look at that, look at me.’ And that’s going to antagonise people.

“Now that is no excuse whatsoever for racially abusing somebody.

“But you sow a seed amongst people who are not racist, not to like that particular person, because they don’t want to see that in their faces every day.

“Now when you go onto Raheem Sterling’s Instagram it’s ‘here’s a goal I scored last week, here’s me in a kids hospital.’

“So someone’s got hold of him and said, ‘look, you can’t do that any more.’

“But that seed has already been planted in people’s heads.”

He didn't even find anything on Sterling's instagram but his mind was so made up that he still referred to it. (And that's ignoring the ******** that racist abuse can in part can be justified if the person you're abusing has a nice car.)
This user liked this post: HieronymousBoschHobs

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 pm

aggi wrote:Kitson's comments from yesterday

“You cannot condone this racism in any way shape or form, I think it’s disgusting.

“But I do believe that players make themselves a target. Why Raheem Sterling? There are other black players on the pitch, every single week.

“I just think that we have a duty of care to ourselves as footballers, to be a little bit careful with social media, and the way we portray ourselves.

“Jealousy is an awful thing amongst the human race.

“I trawled through Raheem Sterling’s Instagram feed this morning to find that a lot of what he put on in his early days has now been deleted.

“And it was, ‘look at my cars, look at my house, look at this bathroom, look at this, look at that, look at me.’ And that’s going to antagonise people.

“Now that is no excuse whatsoever for racially abusing somebody.

“But you sow a seed amongst people who are not racist, not to like that particular person, because they don’t want to see that in their faces every day.

“Now when you go onto Raheem Sterling’s Instagram it’s ‘here’s a goal I scored last week, here’s me in a kids hospital.’

“So someone’s got hold of him and said, ‘look, you can’t do that any more.’

“But that seed has already been planted in people’s heads.”

He didn't even find anything on Sterling's instagram but his mind was so made up that he still referred to it. (And that's ignoring the ******** that racist abuse can in part can be justified if the person you're abusing has a nice car.)

There's a lot of things similar in Kitson's argument that some players make themselves targets with the attitude some people have with regard to rape victims and their choice of clothing.

Very different crimes yet the tactic used to blame the victim is pretty much identical. They asked for it. They make themselves a target.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: HieronymousBoschHobs

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 pm

kitson has always been 100% tool.

THEWELLERNUT70

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Mings

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners "

Now I'd take that to mean a lack of coverage, perhaps I read too much into the sentence, especially when coupled with the fact he pulled out of his Talksh!te interview!

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 pm

So in that interview implies that any racist abuse is disgusting and unacceptable. It also implies that if you act like a Prima Donna you invite other non racial abuse and will not be popular. That's probably most people's general opinion.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 pm

As I said on another thread which seems to have disappeared, having a gun tattooed on his leg won't help in people's opinion of sterling

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 827 times
Has Liked: 1609 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm

There is a really good reason for that Tattoo

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:kitson has always been 100% tool.
^ this.

And here’s some evidence.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local ... sm-4263461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He’s been belittling / apologising for actual racism for years, it seems (not unlike one or two posters on here).

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Would not be surprised if it was because of Alan Brazil - that guy is a massive bigot. His views on women, race etc are from the 1950s....never mind the 70s !

Just been listening to Jim White show and they devoted a lot of airtime to this issue. They had the Ebbsfleet goalkeeper on who is black and said he gets racist abuse in 9 out of 10 games and he’s on the verge of giving up. He recently took an opposing fan to court for racism.

In terms of the use of lazy for players like Pogba and Lukaku think this is a lot more complicated and deep rooted than some of the comments on this thread are suggesting.
I heard a view yesterday comparing Lukaku being called lazy against Aguero before Pep came where nobody called him lazy even though he rarely pressed players and put the effort in he does now. They were saying that the only difference was Aguero was white.
I’m not saying I necessarily agree with this view but I accept that this is a complex area and that stereotyping black people or gays or women with these kind of labels can be discriminatory and of course unfair to have a preconceived view of someone based on their colour, sexual orientation, gender etc.

Oh and btw what Kitson said is pathetic - he’s doing that Chris Sutton controversial viewpoint thing to carve himself a media career. Let’s hope it backfires.
Last edited by TVC15 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1748 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Jealousy is a big thing, I agree. When Tarkowski had a blip in form earlier this season, people on this messageboard declared it was because he bought a new car and his England cap made him too big for his boots.
These 2 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret Damo

THEWELLERNUT70

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

Brazil is a plank

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 pm

DAVETHEVICAR wrote:There is a really good reason for that Tattoo

Not that there needs to be.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:Mings

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners "

Now I'd take that to mean a lack of coverage, perhaps I read too much into the sentence, especially when coupled with the fact he pulled out of his Talksh!te interview!
he's talking about him not appearing.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Not that there needs to be.
Never said there had to be, I said it has a bearing on people's opinion, perhaps they don't know the reason, I don't know, but any footballer with a gun tattooed on his leg opens themselves up to opinions being formed about them, irrespective of their ethnic background...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Grumps wrote:Never said there had to be, I said it has a bearing on people's opinion, perhaps they don't know the reason, I don't know, but any footballer with a gun tattooed on his leg opens themselves up to opinions being formed about them, irrespective of their ethnic background...
Do you think that the people with racist opinions of him needed him to get a gun tattoo in order to form their racist opinions about him?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:27 pm

What does it really matter if he has a gun tattooed to his leg ? He does have his own reasons. If he had a cross bow or bow and arrow tattooed on there would he be expected to explain that he was an archery fan ? The reason he is not popular is because of his showy bevaviour.

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:The problem with people like Darren Lewis, is they appear to be as racist as those they are complaining about.
To call a player lazy isn't racist, unless YOU want it be.
Completely agree with you. Thought the same when I was listening to his interview. Since he’s been in English football Iv never heard Ngolo Kante once get called lazy.... not because he’s black or white, simply because he isn’t Lazy!! Lukaku, pogba, Ozil to name just a few are... nothing to do with colour at all and that’s how it should be.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:45 pm

aggi wrote:Kitson's comments yesterday:

“And it was, ‘look at my cars, look at my house, look at this bathroom, look at this, look at that, look at me.’ And that’s going to antagonise people."
Ok Dave
Attachments
IMG_20181211_144454.jpg
IMG_20181211_144454.jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
IMG_20181211_144451.jpg
IMG_20181211_144451.jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
IMG_20181211_144448.jpg
IMG_20181211_144448.jpg (54.01 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
These 7 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle THEWELLERNUT70 Bosscat NL Claret Damo HieronymousBoschHobs BertiesBeehole

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Kitson is a huge bellend.

Remember him scoring against Spurs and he ran across a stand of Spurs fans being a dick towards them, when asked about his celebration said "always been a Spurs fan and felt amazing to score against them"

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:Ok Dave

You've just gotta laugh sometimes.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm

DAVETHEVICAR wrote:There is a really good reason for that Tattoo
There is a reason - wouldn't say it was a good one

"Dad I promise I won't have a gun" I will just get one tattooed on me instead to remind me what I said - there was a time when a man's word alone was enough (and for those still wondering, it was a good promise to make)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Grumps wrote:Never said there had to be, I said it has a bearing on people's opinion, perhaps they don't know the reason, I don't know, but any footballer with a gun tattooed on his leg opens themselves up to opinions being formed about them, irrespective of their ethnic background...
Do you know the reasons why he has the tattoo and how this relates to what happened to his dad ?
Why should people form an opinion on him because of the tattoo ? Do people form an opinion on Beckham or any other player because of their tattoos ?
It seems like despite Sterling explaining why he got the tattoo people don't want to hear this and have already formed an opinion of what they think.

Its a similar scenario to when black footballers (or black people) used to drive around in a top of the range blacked out / pimped up Range Rover. How many people did you hear say they look like "drug dealers" ? Yet how many people said this about Stephen Ireland when he rocked up in the most over the top pimped up Range Rover you could imagine ?

The fact is that preconceptions / stereotyped views like this which are associated with one part of society are a big part of the whole issue of racism, discrimination etc.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:34 pm

i see piers morgan has offered sterling the opportunity of 'a fair hearing' if he goes on his tv show.

absolute pond life.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 pm

TVC15 wrote:Do you know the reasons why he has the tattoo and how this relates to what happened to his dad ?
Why should people form an opinion on him because of the tattoo ? Do people form an opinion on Beckham or any other player because of their tattoos ?
It seems like despite Sterling explaining why he got the tattoo people don't want to hear this and have already formed an opinion of what they think.

Its a similar scenario to when black footballers (or black people) used to drive around in a top of the range blacked out / pimped up Range Rover. How many people did you hear say they look like "drug dealers" ? Yet how many people said this about Stephen Ireland when he rocked up in the most over the top pimped up Range Rover you could imagine ?

The fact is that preconceptions / stereotyped views like this which are associated with one part of society are a big part of the whole issue of racism, discrimination etc.
What a load of tosh, of course people form an opinion because of a tattoo... When I see a guy with a spiders Web tattooed on his face I form an opinion, when I see love and hate tattooed on knuckles I form an opinion. When I see the Manchester bee tattooed I form an opinion, when I see a gun tattoo I form an opinion.
Please note I haven't mentioned anyone's colour, or what opinions I formed, though iam sure you will find something racist in it.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Grumps wrote:What a load of tosh, of course people form an opinion because of a tattoo... When I see a guy with a spiders Web tattooed on his face I form an opinion, when I see love and hate tattooed on knuckles I form an opinion. When I see the Manchester bee tattooed I form an opinion, when I see a gun tattoo I form an opinion.
Please note I haven't mentioned anyone's colour, or what opinions I formed, though iam sure you will find something racist in it.
Good for you....you go ahead and form an opinion without knowing anything about the individual or why they have chosen to tattoo something on their own body.
What opinion did you form about Sterling ?

Please note I have not mentioned anything about you being racist.....even though you have already formed an opinion that you think I will !!

Have you ever thought about working in Blackpool reading palms or tarot cards ? You sound like you are brilliant at forming opinions about people you literally know f-uck all about.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Actually, I'm going to remove this comment as it is in poor taste.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Foulthrow wrote:Thanos did nothing wrong.
edit: oh, you changed it.
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:17 pm

TVC15..... you ask if people form opinions of Beckham because of his tattoos... Iam sure they do, some will think what a nice person having pictures of his children on his body, others will form the opinion he looks a mess with all that ink on his body.... You ask my thoughts on sterling's, I thought what a stupid thing to have tattooed on his leg, whatever the reason. I would think exactly the same whatever colour of skin it was tattooed on, and would form the opinion that the person had some connection to guns.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Grumps - he has got a connection to guns. His dad was killed by one in an ambush.
But my guess that is not what you meant.
As for Beckham - I am not talking whether people are forming an opinion as whether they look a mess or not. It’s whether people are forming an opinion based on what they may think one of his many tattoos mean to him.

Like I said I’ve never heard of anyone jumping to conclusions about his tattoos and what type of person he is (most of his tattoos are not about his kids). But yet you and others seem to form an opinion on Sterling...and that is one of gangs and guns I imagine.

basil6345789
Been Liked: 481 times
Has Liked: 2289 times

Post by basil6345789 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 pm

The health risks (long term toxic absorption/sepsis) are more important than the looks.

Oshkoshclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by Oshkoshclaret » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:02 am

His dad got shot so he gets a tattoo of a gun, yeah that makes total sense. What next, are the families of Harold Shipman's victims getting syringe tattoos? At the very best he is displaying extremely questionable taste. More likely he is reverse justifying a stupid tattoo.

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 am

The Raheem Sterling stuff is beyond a joke, The Sun pretending they are the voice of the people setting up the PA for their daily dogwhistle. Whether it is influencing people to be racist or not I cannot prove, but it shouldn't be happening regardless. When I first heard that he was being targeted because he was a young, extremely wealthy black man I admit I was a little sceptical - is it just 2 + 2 = 5 ? - but when The Sun did the piece about his gun tattoo followed the next day day by a shot of the topless, tattoo-free, and, white, Harry Kane emblazoned with the headline 'A Real English Hero', I knew exactly what they were driving at - and I didn't like it.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:22 am

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:The Raheem Sterling stuff is beyond a joke, The Sun pretending they are the voice of the people setting up the PA for their daily dogwhistle. Whether it is influencing people to be racist or not I cannot prove, but it shouldn't be happening regardless. When I first heard that he was being targeted because he was a young, extremely wealthy black man I admit I was a little sceptical - is it just 2 + 2 = 5 ? - but when The Sun did the piece about his gun tattoo followed the next day day by a shot of the topless, tattoo-free, and, white, Harry Kane emblazoned with the headline 'A Real English Hero', I knew exactly what they were driving at - and I didn't like it.
Look hard enough at anything you don’t generrally agree with and you’ll just you what you need to fit your conspiracy theory . Can you imagine for 1 minute reading a few random Guardian articles and not finding endless pseudo ammunition and “ facts” to fit a “ world liberal elite multicultural experiment” nonsense theory ?