Permanent ban vs VPN

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2971 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Permanent ban vs VPN

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 pm

I have not noticed this before, but tonight I switched IPVanish on to watch the Derby v Forest
game and didn't knock it off when it had finished.

When I tried to get on this website I was informed that I had been permanently banned "because of my IP address".

IP Vanish was set to the Netherlands - I disconnected the VPN and was allowed onto the site.

Is this normal please or just a blip ?

Cheers for any help/advice.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6446 times

Re: Permanent ban vs VPN

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:44 pm

It’s likely that another user has used ipvanish and accessed this site, then been banned which has blacklisted the ipvanish IP address - which you have been allocated for your current connection, and therefore this site thinks you’ve been banned.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:49 pm

I could then perhaps change the server and the problem will be solved ?

Or is it IPVanish per se that's the problem ? Can't be arsed testing it now tbh, but
might give it a go tomorrow.

What d'yer reckon ?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6446 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 am

Not sure - it could be that ipvanish addresses are all banned, just turn it off to visit this site

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:18 am

Just pay the £25 or whatever it is.

If you like even just more 1 sport other than football, then Sky sports is certainly worth the £7 a week or whatever it is.

I get faffing around to try and get a Burnley game you cant get to, it's worth your time messing about, but to do it most days would get on my wick.
The all round package of pause, rewind, record all in HD coupled with time saved ( and not bending the rules/breaking the law ) must surely outweigh regularly wasting you time trying to beat the system for a very poor substitute.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:31 am

MACCA wrote:Just pay the £25 or whatever it is.

If you like even just more 1 sport other than football, then Sky sports is certainly worth the £7 a week or whatever it is.

I get faffing around to try and get a Burnley game you cant get to, it's worth your time messing about, but to do it most days would get on my wick.
The all round package of pause, rewind, record all in HD coupled with time saved ( and not bending the rules/breaking the law ) must surely outweigh regularly wasting you time trying to beat the system for a very poor substitute.
The substitutes arent poor if you know where to look.

You can get every prem gamr in perfect HD every week without the use of a VPN

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 4020 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 am

where is this place, i pay for sky, kids love their channels, mrs likes the box sets and i like the sports and occassional movie.... but would like to be able to get none screened matches also

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 am

Use cricfree.org

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:where is this place, i pay for sky, kids love their channels, mrs likes the box sets and i like the sports and occassional movie.... but would like to be able to get none screened matches also
Google "reddit soccer streams" an hour before kick off

Find our game or the game you want to watch. Click the relevant link to watch. The bigger the team we play the more links there are

If you want to use one of the ace stream links posted on reddit install ace stream media, again from a google search, on your PC or tablet and copy and paste the acesteam link into the media player

claret wizard
Been Liked: 263 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am

So my real beef here is that I pay for Sky Sports and use SKY Go a lot when I’m in the UK travelling. I also travel abroad a lot, Madrid last week, Tenerife this week, but even in Europe I have access blocked. I don’t want a Brexit thread, but this one market ideal seems to be implemented seletively. I’m forced to either buy a VPN or search out illegal streams. How’s that right? I can’t even buy an alternative service.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am

claret wizard wrote:So my real beef here is that I pay for Sky Sports and use SKY Go a lot when I’m in the UK travelling. I also travel abroad a lot, Madrid last week, Tenerife this week, but even in Europe I have access blocked. I don’t want a Brexit thread, but this one market ideal seems to be implemented seletively. I’m forced to either buy a VPN or search out illegal streams. How’s that right? I can’t even buy an alternative service.
SkyGo is now available in Europe. I was using it in Seville in November.

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So you believe.. £25 for a year of hd football live.. and tbh any other channel too

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:14 pm

cockneyclaret wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
So you believe.. £25 for a year of hd football live.. and tbh any other channel too
Can you translate to England please...

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:I could then perhaps change the server and the problem will be solved ?

Or is it IPVanish per se that's the problem ? Can't be arsed testing it now tbh, but
might give it a go tomorrow.

What d'yer reckon ?
I could be wrong but this might only be a temporary problem because does VPN not use a whole host of ip addresses, isn't that the whole point of them so that when you view stuff (I'm thinking Kodi for instance) you're ip address cannot be traced? I don't use one (maybe I should) but I have read a lot about them. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:02 pm

There are many reasons other than streaming sports for using a VPN, in my opinion everyone should use one regardless of whether they want to watch sport or not.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Use IPTV

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Belial wrote:Use IPTV
You should still use a VPN with IPTV to mask your activity.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Possibly if you're worried about your provider, however for many of the services you don't actually need one

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Belial wrote:Possibly if you're worried about your provider, however for many of the services you don't actually need one
Regardless of provider, you should use a VPN to hide your traffic.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:30 pm

I have just tried it all again and it was fine, no trouble at all. Seemingly just a blip, hopefully.

I use a VPN for security purposes, especially for online banking and anytime I have to submit
a password and/or personal/card details.

It does, however, have the added advantage of masking your activity when watching
footy, boxing etc as my provider has blocked me off sites every now and again, although
not every time - there doesn't appear to be any pattern to it.

Worth the expense in my view.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:I have just tried it all again and it was fine, no trouble at all. Seemingly just a blip, hopefully.

I use a VPN for security purposes, especially for online banking and anytime I have to submit
a password and/or personal/card details.

It does, however, have the added advantage of masking your activity when watching
footy, boxing etc as my provider has blocked me off sites every now and again, although
not every time - there doesn't appear to be any pattern to it.

Worth the expense in my view.
I said I thought it would be temporary. I think every time you use it it will give a random IP address from one of many.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:43 pm

houseboy wrote:I said I thought it would be temporary. I think every time you use it it will give a random IP address from one of many.
Cheers HB and everyone else for your contributions - much appreciated. :) :) :)

claret wizard
Been Liked: 263 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:30 pm

piston broke wrote:SkyGo is now available in Europe. I was using it in Seville in November.
Wow, it is! I’ll check if the live game tonight is available, Carling Cup. They didn’t publicise that one! Is it do woth the geographic internet purchasing enforement I wonder. The new law about not having Dutch or UK (any country) only specific websites.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:58 pm

claret wizard wrote:Wow, it is! I’ll check if the live game tonight is available, Carling Cup. They didn’t publicise that one! Is it do woth the geographic internet purchasing enforement I wonder. The new law about not having Dutch or UK (any country) only specific websites.
Not sure how or why but I first read about it a good while back now. November was my first chance to use it.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:27 pm

CT has started Brexit early.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:54 pm

I maybe confusing this thread with streaming everything through the internet and not paying for the sky package

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:55 am

theroyaldyche wrote:Google "reddit soccer streams" an hour before kick off

Find our game or the game you want to watch. Click the relevant link to watch. The bigger the team we play the more links there are

If you want to use one of the ace stream links posted on reddit install ace stream media, again from a google search, on your PC or tablet and copy and paste the acesteam link into the media player
There was a news item just yesterday saying that Sky, with all their usual bluster and bullying, have come down on reddit and will be blocking any streams via that, so not sure how effective that will be.

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:19 am

houseboy wrote:There was a news item just yesterday saying that Sky, with all their usual bluster and bullying, have come down on reddit and will be blocking any streams via that, so not sure how effective that will be.
Its a load of ******** mate. Theres already another link been created

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:where is this place, i pay for sky, kids love their channels, mrs likes the box sets and i like the sports and occassional movie.... but would like to be able to get none screened matches also
You can get all PL matches in HD without any faffing around if you use a paid service instead of looking for free streams. The cost is usually around £50 per year. That gets you everything you could wish for sports wise. In addition they have many of the usual film and entertainment channels and box sets.

For it to be good and not brought down they rely on secrecy so you won’t get people naming the services on forums. You would need to get an invite from anybody who uses these places. So i’m Told

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:40 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:Its a load of ******** mate. Theres already another link been created
Good, glad to hear it. Anything that p!sses Sky off gets my vote.
This user liked this post: theroyaldyche

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

houseboy wrote:Good, glad to hear it. Anything that p!sses Sky off gets my vote.
Me too. They are robbing bastards.

I kno people who are based in other countries who get access to EVERY prem game as part of thei mobile contract

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:Me too. They are robbing bastards.

I kno people who are based in other countries who get access to EVERY prem game as part of thei mobile contract
We only still have Sky (basic with no sport or films) because my daughter wants to keep it and pays half the bill. I'd dump 'em tomorrow given the chance, so many other options these days. The shame is it's a good product but massively over-priced and the tactics they use to try to avoid someone leaving is surely bordeline legal. They have also put prices up in the past with no warnings. Can't stand the bloody company.

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:26 pm

houseboy wrote:We only still have Sky (basic with no sport or films) because my daughter wants to keep it and pays half the bill. I'd dump 'em tomorrow given the chance, so many other options these days. The shame is it's a good product but massively over-priced and the tactics they use to try to avoid someone leaving is surely bordeline legal. They have also put prices up in the past with no warnings. Can't stand the bloody company.
I have sky Q for convenience and can run netflix thru the box. Also good for recording and i have the fibre

However i stream all sports and movies

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:32 pm

I had a scam call from 'BT' this morning, telling me my IP address had gone public and everyone can access my bank account s. They, of course, can solve it all online!

Just in case it was true, can you deposit round numbers please? £5, £10, £50 etc. 8-)