Sean Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Sean Dyche

Post by warksclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:25 pm

I would say that the majority of my footballing friends have held SD in very high esteem. They all talk of the great job he has done and his gentlemanly and sporting conduct

I don't know if the pressure is getting to him but first Klopp and now the Arsenal Manager today-exchanging words at the end. Until recently he would always go straight up to the opposing manager after each game, despite how physical the game had been. He would do this with a very sincere demeanor. The media are already picking this up and post match talk is deflected away from the grittiness shown in the last 4 games, 3 of which were high flying top 6 teams. Add this to his bitching about poor decisions and how nothing is going our way. His worth and perception in the media will soon fall

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Re: Sean Dyche

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Hes every right to carry on highlighting cheating divers and dodgy refs Again we got nothing and the comments from Skys pro Arsenal communtators would have wound up anyone.We are Burnley and expect nothing off the media.UTC
These 10 users liked this post: Wile E Coyote Ashingtonclaret46 SussexDon1inIreland Healeywoodclaret Bosscat levraiclaret hampsteadclaret Colburn_Claret Stayingup Rumpelstiltskin

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Sorry but that is bs.

All the best managers deflect things. Quite frankly something needed saying today when it is that blatant that as ref has been paid off.

Every time we play Arsenal there is at least 12 red shirts on the pitch
These 5 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat Colburn_Claret Stayingup Rumpelstiltskin

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm

But today SD was right, Arsenal were constantly diving, we were denied a penalty when Long was pushed, 2-handed in the back in the penalty area and the 3rd Arsenal goal was offside. Score could/should have been 2-2 with a decent ref rather than the homer Friend. Booked 5 Burnley players too.
These 6 users liked this post: longsidepies SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat levraiclaret hampsteadclaret Rumpelstiltskin

whiffa
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 2561 times

Post by whiffa » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:32 pm

No one likes us we don't care. If people can't accept factual honesty that's their problem.
These 3 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat Stayingup

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:37 pm

We are Burnley, and that's all that matters. If you can't support Sean Dyche, then go find another club.
These 4 users liked this post: CHEWBACCA SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat Stayingup

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Strong Jaw Sean, strong Jaw.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Ref was Arsenal's "Friend" today. In their '18' I don't think there was more than one player who was NOT A FOREIGNER plus a FOREIGN manager and owned by FOREIGNERS

Its borderline corrupt these days against us, 61 games without a penalty.

No one likes us but we don't care.

UTC

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 pm

warksclaret wrote:I would say that the majority of my footballing friends have held SD in very high esteem. They all talk of the great job he has done and his gentlemanly and sporting conduct

I don't know if the pressure is getting to him but first Klopp and now the Arsenal Manager today-exchanging words at the end. Until recently he would always go straight up to the opposing manager after each game, despite how physical the game had been. He would do this with a very sincere demeanor. The media are already picking this up and post match talk is deflected away from the grittiness shown in the last 4 games, 3 of which were high flying top 6 teams. Add this to his bitching about poor decisions and how nothing is going our way. His worth and perception in the media will soon fall
Warks who? You are clearly fishing. Sean was totally justified in "bitching" about a disgraceful referees utterly biased performance.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:31 pm

whiffa wrote:No one likes us we don't care. If people can't accept factual honesty that's their problem.
I don't care if no one likes us. I DO care that the likes of Friend "perform" like he did today. We were banging on the door of the top 6 all season last season. It feels like a f@**ing conspiracy to make absolutely certain we dont do the same again this season.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 pm

He needs to concentrate on his own team on the pitch, their efforts, their performance, not moaning about other teams, managers of which mostly have far more experience than him. No points at the end of the season for attempting to take the moral high ground. It's a waste of time.... speaking of which iv'e never heard him speak about time wasting ....

He wasn't the ginger Mourinho before but he's quickly becoming the ginger MOANrinho

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Bolloxcs.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Said exactly what was needed ,won’t make any difference though

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:57 pm

The moaning is trying to deflect away from the awful run we are in. Whilst he has the least pressure of any PL manager and no other manager would have survived this sequence of results personally he will know that what he is working on is not delivering points and will most likely relegate us. That must be personally demoralising regardless of how much cash you are accumulating. It's being honest with yourself. I have to miss a few games over the festive period and it's the first time in a long time that I'm not so bothered. I'm not enjoying what's being being served up that much.
This user liked this post: claretfern

levraiclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 1460 times

Post by levraiclaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:59 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:He needs to concentrate on his own team on the pitch, their efforts, their performance, not moaning about other teams, managers of which mostly have far more experience than him. No points at the end of the season for attempting to take the moral high ground. It's a waste of time.... speaking of which iv'e never heard him speak about time wasting ....

He wasn't the ginger Mourinho before but he's quickly becoming the ginger MOANrinho
He was not complaining about other managers he was drawing to the poor performance of Kevin Friend and the tolerance of diving by other managers. He does not have a problem with our players diving (61 PL games without a penalty). our problem seems to be that unless a player goes down when fouled, refs don't give them the decision. Time for VAR.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Unfortunately it looks, and is in my view, sour grapes.

We didn't lose because of diving. We lost, and are losing, because from what I have seen, we are one of the worst teams in the division.

Diving/cheating has been an issue in the game for years; we all know it. It is managers, and coaches, that can sort it out. They don't because, I presume, they think they can gain from it. It is certainly not any referee's fault. Their job is hard enough anyway without cheating.

To be fair to SD, he does raise this problem occasionally, and he has done something about it at Burnley, so he can hold his head up on the subject (even Barnes seems to have improved a bit lately). The problem is, those that can do something aren't listening. He's wasting his breath and I'm sure he knows it.

As well as managers, the broadcasters could also get involved, but they won't.

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:04 pm

"He needs to concentrate on his own team on the pitch, their efforts, their performance, not moaning about other teams, managers of which mostly have far more experience than him. No points at the end of the season for attempting to take the moral high ground. It's a waste of time.... speaking of which iv'e never heard him speak about time wasting ....

He wasn't the ginger Mourinho before but he's quickly becoming the ginger MOANrinho"

I'll give you the benefit of considerable doubt and assume that's supposed to be a serious comment.

It's not abut the moral high ground it's about double-standards, a two-tier system and clubs like Burnley are on the wrong side of the divide. If games like today's were refereed impartially then he wouldn't need to say what he said. If game's like today's weren't pretty much decided before a ball was even kicked then teams like Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield wouldn't have to use every legal method available to them within the laws of the game to give themselves a marginal fighting chance.

If anyone wanted a definition of what's wrong with domestic football in this country outside of the vested interests of the top six clubs you need do no more than show them a re-run of today's game.
This user liked this post: Goodclaret

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Appalling referee today and Dyche was right to say what he said.
These 3 users liked this post: IanMcL longsidepies Rumpelstiltskin

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:12 pm

I dunno, I'm getting a bit stalled with SD's post match excuses.

Seems to be the same every match.

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:06 am

Blackrod wrote:The moaning is trying to deflect away from the awful run we are in. Whilst he has the least pressure of any PL manager and no other manager would have survived this sequence of results personally he will know that what he is working on is not delivering points and will most likely relegate us. That must be personally demoralising regardless of how much cash you are accumulating. It's being honest with yourself. I have to miss a few games over the festive period and it's the first time in a long time that I'm not so bothered. I'm not enjoying what's being being served up that much.
Am I the only one who thinks we played well? As said by an earlier poster that game would have ended 2-2 with a decent ref. The scoreline definitely flattered Arsenal's 12 men
These 3 users liked this post: Goodclaret Colburn_Claret Rumpelstiltskin

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 am

Healeywoodclaret wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we played well? As said by an earlier poster that game would have ended 2-2 with a decent ref. The scoreline definitely flattered Arsenal's 12 men
Fully agree with that, I thought we played well too. Jonathan Pierce in his interview with Sean Dyche suggested that we should have drawn and could have won. Arsenal didn’t put us under serious pressure throughout the second half.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:26 am

It looked to me as though Dyche just went for the handshake and it was Emery who had a pop at him so Dyche thought he would put his point across.
These 4 users liked this post: IanMcL Steve1956 Burnley Ace Rumpelstiltskin

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:30 am

TonbridgeClaret wrote:Fully agree with that, I thought we played well too. Jonathan Pierce in his interview with Sean Dyche suggested that we should have drawn and could have won. Arsenal didn’t put us under serious pressure throughout the second half.
The 2nd half is the best we've played for months,keep that level up and we'll survive no bother.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:33 am

3 wins in 23 League games isnt down to refereeing.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:55 am

Healeywoodclaret wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we played well? As said by an earlier poster that game would have ended 2-2 with a decent ref. The scoreline definitely flattered Arsenal's 12 men

There were 10/15 mins late on when Arsenal couldn’t even get the ball , we fought bloody hard and really deserved something imo . Hart had diddly squat to do

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:03 pm

He is bang on.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:06 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:3 wins in 23 League games isnt down to refereeing.
Correct but it does make it a lot harder when the opposition seem to have an extra man on the pitch nearly every game!
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1506 times

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:20 pm

I can't believe SD is getting grief for pointing out just how much cheating goes on, totally unpunished. He is spot on for keep highlighting it. Yesterday, we played very well and should have got something out of the game. If Arsenal didn't get the penalty or we had scored the offside goal, I assure you Emery would be saying very critical things of Friend and the media would have been backing him all the way. The cheating from Arsenal was dreadful, and has been for years tbh, but no one wants to do anything about it.

The attitude from the Arse' fans is that they are proud of how they get away with it. They are a classless, shocking set of fans. They really are going to get scr4wed when VAR kicks in that's for sure (well, hopefully).

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Hes getting grief because he is constantly moaning to the lino's, refs, here's an idea...how about giving your players some stick for their lack of creativity / effort, nothing's gonna change with the cheating so just f****** leave it alone will you and get on with what your paid for.

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1506 times

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:59 pm

ewanrob wrote:Hes getting grief because he is constantly moaning to the lino's, refs, here's an idea...how about giving your players some stick for their lack of creativity / effort, nothing's gonna change with the cheating so just f****** leave it alone will you and get on with what your paid for.
Ha ha, would a load of rubbish!

Why shouldn't he try and stop the cheating? Surely it's a good thing he is trying to highlight it? He complains to the 4th official because he doesn't want our players to be in the ref's face on the pitch. It would be far worse for a player to be sent off for dissent than Dyche being sent to the stand - that's why he does it. Again, you can't just sit back and accept decisions like the ones yesterday.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:23 pm

ewanrob wrote:Hes getting grief because he is constantly moaning to the lino's, refs, here's an idea...how about giving your players some stick for their lack of creativity / effort, nothing's gonna change with the cheating so just f****** leave it alone will you and get on with what your paid for.
As much as you talk about creativity and lack of effort which is bs.

Are we expected to just roll over and have our bellies tickled after yet another unashamedly biased performance from a referee?

All the people paying had earned money to travel to London should at the very least get a game fairly refereed.

In terms of creativity, we had all our creative players injured and yet should have scored in the 2nd minute, should have hit the target (Cork’s chance) and had a pen not given (that’s just off the top of my head) - Away at Arsenal ffs

As for lack of effort really that is absolute bs unless you are referring to the refs performance
These 4 users liked this post: Burnley Ace Healeywoodclaret Rumpelstiltskin Goodclaret

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:As much as you talk about creativity and lack of effort which is bs.

Are we expected to just roll over and have our bellies tickled after yet another unashamedly biased performance from a referee?

All the people paying had earned money to travel to London should at the very least get a game fairly refereed.

In terms of creativity, we had all our creative players injured and yet should have scored in the 2nd minute, should have hit the target (Cork’s chance) and had a pen not given (that’s just off the top of my head) - Away at Arsenal ffs

As for lack of effort really that is absolute bs unless you are referring to the refs performance
There was a lack of effort against Fulham, Wolves, Watford,Cardiff, Huddersfield, Palace but not yesterday

ewanrob

Post by ewanrob » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Effort is not creativity, and there are players lacking in effort. Eradicating cheating is not going to keep us in this league, that's all I'm saying. He spends to much time on this hobbyhorse.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:47 pm

ewanrob wrote:Effort is not creativity, and there are players lacking in effort. Eradicating cheating is not going to keep us in this league, that's all I'm saying. He spends to much time on this hobbyhorse.
And so does every other manager. Name a manager who doesn't?

ewanrob

Post by ewanrob » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:51 pm

I know, it's a massive problem. But he has bigger problems right now, I'd rather he focused on his brief as our manager...getting points on the board.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:02 pm

joey13 wrote:There was a lack of effort against Fulham, Wolves, Watford,Cardiff, Huddersfield, Palace but not yesterday
You really need to understand the difference between a poor performance and a lack of effort.

We have never IMO put in a lack of effort performance under this manager.

The games you mention were poor performances.

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:You really need to understand the difference between a poor performance and a lack of effort.

We have never IMO put in a lack of effort performance under this manager.

The games you mention were poor performances.
In your opinion, in my opinion it was lack of effort

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 pm

joey13 wrote:In your opinion, in my opinion it was lack of effort

Good for you. Let’s see how many agree with you

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2918 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:49 pm

I like Sean Dyche.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:53 pm

We are not in the bottom three because of other teams cheating.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:57 pm

warksclaret wrote:I would say that the majority of my footballing friends have held SD in very high esteem. They all talk of the great job he has done and his gentlemanly and sporting conduct

My word there is some nonessential stuff posted on this bb these days.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Sean Dyche Claret and Blue army

AngleseyClaret
Been Liked: 115 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by AngleseyClaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:05 pm

ewanrob wrote:Effort is not creativity, and there are players lacking in effort. Eradicating cheating is not going to keep us in this league, that's all I'm saying. He spends to much time on this hobbyhorse.

What rubbish you are talking ewanrob it looked like our players played with much effort and determination today and but for some poor refereeing and cheating we would have had 3 points and SD has every right to have a moan. Like someone else said either support your team or go somewhere else. I also have no time for the disgraceful comments from Alan Smith about Burnley time and time again.

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Good for you. Let’s see how many agree with you
Why should I be bothered about that , it’s my opinion not anybody else's

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Bothered enough to respond to the post.

I’m guessing you were in London yesterday to judge the effort

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:35 pm

well, the good thing is that the team are now, for some reason, actually fighting for the cause. or rather, why did they seem to be not fighting for the cause in previous games?

this is the prem. we have had a few years experience of it now. it's , sadly, high time we behaved like prem teams and try to gain any advantage possible. even if that does mean cheating like every other team. if we can't cheat then we should ensure that we make the most of every foul against us. even if that means rolling around on the pitch like every other team does.

and what's with this crap 'no one likes us and we don't care'? that attitude could cost us points every season. maybe if we were more well liked by pundits and refs we could get more decisions going our way?

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:26 pm

I think all of the rampant dive/reward situations should be celebrated with enthusiasm.

Sean is perfectly right to draw attention to the negative impact it is having on the game. If a single person repeatedly draws attention to something, without support, they can become a target for criticism from the majority. Even when they are right.

The Arsenal debacle has at least drawn some agreement from the pundits, but our manager could use a little more support in his bid to change the game for the better.

I would like to see us celebrate every blatant dive with the same enthusiasm that we display when we score. A catchy chant would go a long way to furthering the cause, especially if the other teams pick up on it when they are the victims of the heinous tactic.

Drawing attention to the issue and expecting the powers that be to do something about it obviously isn't working as well as it should. The pundits only seem to pick up on it when it is addressed directly by our manager.

If these instances of diving attract goal like celebrations, and that catches on with other teams, it will quickly make a mockery of the issue. This will reflect very badly on the practice and stand as a source of embarrassment for the game in any TV coverage. Money talks in the Premier League and the best way to stimulate change is to create an environment that encourages the money spinners to request it. We need to be more vocal in support of Sean on this issue for the greater food of the game.

Now what would be a catchy tune and chant?

A pass around inflatable diver is another option that could accompany the chant. Ordinarily I'm not a fan of inflatable usage, but it might be okay in this particular case.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Deleted
Last edited by joey13 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:14 pm

joey13 wrote:No I watched on tele , but I was at Palace to see zero effort, if you think otherwise you know nothing about football which is plainly obvious from your posts in general.
With reference to the second part of your sentence, I presume you realised you were replying to yourself :lol:
This user liked this post: Hibsclaret

joey13

Post by joey13 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:15 pm

taio wrote:With reference to the second part of your sentence, I presume you realised you were replying to yourself :lol:
Shoot me