How much more of this must we endure?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Re: How much more of this must we endure?

Post by JohnMac » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:37 pm

How much more?

The obligatory one in the FA Cup followed by another weak excuse then another 19 more League games blaming everyone else for our bad luck.

Keep the Manager, sack the Manager, it won't make any difference. We have assembled a squad of Championship players, not a very good one now either and inevitably we will end up in the Championship.

It was always going to end up as such but nobody anywhere could have seen this implosion coming this season.

The lack of quality was previously countered by work ethic and bottle, none of which have been displayed this season to any degree and anyone who thinks all is well is deluded.

Hart is an outcast, Mee has no Captaincy attributes anymore, Tarkowski, a legend in his own lunchtime, can't match his brain with his feet. The midfield is none existant and despite Vokes and Barnes efforts and loyalty, they are not anywhere near good enough.

We used to lack pace but currently we simply lack every attribute required to compete.

I'm sure in the cold light of day tomorrow after a bit of reflection I could think of more reasons why it has well and truly gone.

Worst performance since the last one.
This user liked this post: bf2k

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:26 am

randomclaret2 wrote:SD talking again about fine margins after losing 1-5 at home to an out of form Everton is beyond irony.
It hurts me to agree with this post but I have to because its just true.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Just couldn't help but smile when reading similar comments after our 5-1 defeat at home to Everton almost three years ago.

Nothing changes! ;)
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing evensteadiereddie

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Yep, seen it all before, but as you say nothing changes… the next crisis will always be Dyche not having it anymore. Every season they climb down well before the end of the season, Hopefully a case of history repeating.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3190 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:28 pm

It'll be tough to stay up this season for sure, but all this negativity and whining can't help anything.

GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM!
These 4 users liked this post: Bosscat k90bfc tiger76 SussexDon1inIreland

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Peter Loo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Well you know what they say about some people not learning from history.

ED: Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 pm

We need another big lift, similar to Heaton and McNeil coming in that year. The recruitment team are going to have to pull a rabbit or two out of the hat in January I think this time.

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:51 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:55 pm
He’s got to go, as far as I’m concerned. He’s a busted flush here. Time for a new broom.
Agreed

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:20 pm

Are these threads still going strong?

Jesus Christ

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:26 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:55 pm
Any other club will be sacking there manager now thjs run has been awful since december last year
Strange that is when ALK bought the club. Yanks make fecking poor owners. Only Liverpool have had any sort of improvement under American control.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6386 times
Has Liked: 8733 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:28 pm

The truth is that we have been starved of potential signing, for too long, by Mr Garlick.

One new face of quality, per season, would have kept us in there. Now we are boracic and yet the new board are trying to rectify.

It doesn't work like that. Too many, too soon.

One thing certain, we still have some very good professionals who can get us out of this.

Up the Clarets.
These 4 users liked this post: k90bfc tiger76 SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6758 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:32 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:28 pm
The truth is that we have been starved of potential signing, for too long, by Mr Garlick.

One new face of quality, per season, would have kept us in there. Now we are boracic and yet the new board are trying to rectify.

It doesn't work like that. Too many, too soon.

One thing certain, we still have some very good professionals who can get us out of this.

Up the Clarets.
So if we've been "starved" of potential signings how come you believe we have enough quality to dig us out of the crap we have created for ourselves?

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:38 pm

minnieclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:26 pm
Strange that is when ALK bought the club. Yanks make fecking poor owners. Only Liverpool have had any sort of improvement under American control.
The comment was relating to December 2017 being the previous year from a post in December 2018 It seems we rarely have anything to cheer about near Christmas :D

Safron
Been Liked: 229 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Post by Safron » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:40 pm

clansman wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:54 pm
I just wish Sean would be less fearful of playing football. He knows the problems but he doesn’t seem to be able to change his mindset of framework above all. Inspire the players Sean don’t restrict them. Even McNeil our one young player to break through seem like he is ordered to play in a certain way, which doesn’t suit him. Let st least one of the players play with freedom and passion and let’s see what happens! Oh ... and drop Hart it hadn’t worked!!!
Wow was this 3 years ago , seems like yesterday 😜

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:26 pm

minnieclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:26 pm
At the 2nd attempt, the first one nearly ended the club

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10254 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Wonder if rightwinger's been on since his post.... :lol:

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Why try to start animosity just focus on the point in hand.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5083 times
Has Liked: 6890 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:48 pm

I will keep enduring it TBH even when we are eventually relegated it's what you do when you've been a Claret all your life. That said I'm not as passionate as before and am getting sick of the tedious one dimensional football on offer on such a regular basis, I don't defend us in arguments when we are called cloggers etc as that sadly is what we are.
I want Dyche to stay, I just want entertaining more.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:09 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:49 pm
Why try to start animosity just focus on the point in hand.

Again, you accuse me of something which simply isn't true and I'm beginning to wonder what the basis of your obsession is.

We all read how Rightwinger claimed earler in the thread that he'd no longer go on the Turf while Dyche was in charge. I was wondering if he'd stuck to that or relented. I, for one couldn't do that but there you go. At least his reason is football-related, I guess.
If you can't handle that, Jakub, and no offence or animosity intended , I really couldn't care less.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Safron wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:40 pm
Wow was this 3 years ago , seems like yesterday 😜
And yet despite all the naysayers we are still competing in the PL, so SD must be doing something right mustn't he.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:27 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 pm
And yet despite all the naysayers we are still competing in the PL, so SD must be doing something right mustn't he.
Yes,

but perhaps some of the perceived "naysayers" are actually optimists who feel we could be doing better rather than worse.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:40 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Yes,

but perhaps some of the perceived "naysayers" are actually optimists who feel we could be doing better rather than worse.
We could be doing better absolutely, but in reality we're generally always going to be battling relegation in this league, yes we've had a couple of top 10 finishes, but they were the exception rather than the rule, all things being equal we'll usually be around the bottom 5/6 in this division, mainly due to our financial constraints, so although I'm sure we'd all like to be higher we're probably about where you'd expect, and it's only down to the first 5 games we still find ourselves marooned in the bottom 3, as in the last 9 games we're averaging a point a game, which will normally ensure survival in the Prem, so really just 1 or 2 results in our favour and we'll be back on track again, remember we are a mere 3 points off safety with a game in hand, so I'm certainly not prepared to write us off just yet as we've shown that when it comes to the crunch we have the ability and fight to grind out vital results.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie SussexDon1inIreland

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:40 pm
We could be doing better absolutely, but in reality we're generally always going to be battling relegation in this league, yes we've had a couple of top 10 finishes, but they were the exception rather than the rule, all things being equal we'll usually be around the bottom 5/6 in this division, mainly due to our financial constraints, so although I'm sure we'd all like to be higher we're probably about where you'd expect, and it's only down to the first 5 games we still find ourselves marooned in the bottom 3, as in the last 9 games we're averaging a point a game, which will normally ensure survival in the Prem, so really just 1 or 2 results in our favour and we'll be back on track again, remember we are a mere 3 points off safety with a game in hand, so I'm certainly not prepared to write us off just yet as we've shown that when it comes to the crunch we have the ability and fight to grind out vital results.
I appreciate your points here.
But I would say that we have done better, therefore can do better than 17th, which seems to now be the zenith of our expectations.
Don't forget, if you constantly reward mediocrity that's what you get.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:52 pm

Most of the division is "mediocre"....I still reckon we're a better team than the table suggests. Time will tell.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:56 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm
I appreciate your points here.
But I would say that we have done better, therefore can do better than 17th, which seems to now be the zenith of our expectations.
Don't forget, if you constantly reward mediocrity that's what you get.
Yes we can, and if we can keep our heads above water this season, there is signs of the future being brighter, Collins looks a top class CB, and Cornet has finally delivered the excitement we've been craving ever since Defour left, so a few more signings of that quality well also reducing the average age of the squad could bode well, it was never going to be possible to overhaul our entire squad in one window following years of neglect, but ALK have done what they can in the short time they've had control of the club, but a midfielder or two in January would be highly welcome. :)
This user liked this post: Peter Loo

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:58 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:09 pm
Again, you accuse me of something which simply isn't true and I'm beginning to wonder what the basis of your obsession is.

We all read how Rightwinger claimed earler in the thread that he'd no longer go on the Turf while Dyche was in charge. I was wondering if he'd stuck to that or relented. I, for one couldn't do that but there you go. At least his reason is football-related, I guess.
If you can't handle that, Jakub, and no offence or animosity intended , I really couldn't care less.
What difference does it make to you if he is going on or not, stop being nosey, it doesn’t matter if the queen or prince charles go on it makes no difference, if you concern yourself with your business you might find life less stressful!

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Peter Loo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:59 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:56 pm
Yes we can, and if we can keep our heads above water this season, there is signs of the future being brighter, Collins looks a top class CB, and Cornet has finally delivered the excitement we've been craving ever since Defour left, so a few more signings of that quality well also reducing the average age of the squad could bode well, it was never going to be possible to overhaul our entire squad in one window following years of neglect, but ALK have done what they can in the short time they've had control of the club, but a midfielder or two in January would be highly welcome. :)
Sounds a very reasonable view that I share.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:01 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:56 pm
most of that I agree with.
Not sure I'd call our recent past "years of neglect" TBH, there's been some ridiculous contracts handed out, which is part of the current problem (in my humble opinion, of course).

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:07 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:01 pm
most of that I agree with.
Not sure I'd call our recent past "years of neglect" TBH, there's been some ridiculous contracts handed out, which is part of the current problem (in my humble opinion, of course).
Yes I wouldn't disagree regarding contracts. and that's something we can rectify next summer with several big earners OOC, there's 5 or 6 that I will happily say thanks for your service and good luck elsewhere, and I suspect must people will know the players I'm referring to.

It doesn't help that we don't appear to have any obvious youngsters capable of stepping up to the 1st team ranks, and this is another area we could do with improving, the youth set up has made great strides in recent years, but only Dwight has made an impact in the 1st team.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:18 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:58 pm
What difference does it make to you if he is going on or not, stop being nosey, it doesn’t matter if the queen or prince charles go on it makes no difference, if you concern yourself with your business you might find life less stressful!
Well, first of all, I'm not stressed about whether a fan refuses to go to the Turf because he doesn't, for example, like Sean Dyche or, for another, because our players take the knee. I'm about as stress-free and comfortable in life as it's possible to be, thankfully.

Regarding football, I go and watch BFC and will continue to do so no matter what. That is my business.

To take your gormless comment to its logical conclusion, this board would cease to exist if everybody "minded their own business" and didn't respond to other punters' posts.

"Stop being nosey"...Christ, how old are you ? :lol:

Come on, Jakub lad, raise your game, this is getting a bit embarrassing. Perhaps keep quiet until you've owt useful to say - again, no offence or animosity intended.

Where were we ? Oh yes, I wonder if Rightwinger's self-imposed exile included watching on TV.

Either way, I think he's missed some interesting stuff. The annual relegation battle is now somewhat inevitable but it will be fascinating to see if and how we wriggle out of this and I say that's to be enjoyed rather than "endured".
This user liked this post: houseboy

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:18 pm
Well, first of all, I'm not stressed about whether a fan refuses to go to the Turf because he doesn't, for example, like Sean Dyche or, for another, because our players take the knee. I'm about as stress-free and comfortable in life as it's possible to be, thankfully.

Regarding football, I go and watch BFC and will continue to do so no matter what. That is my business.

To take your gormless comment to its logical conclusion, this board would cease to exist if everybody "minded their own business" and didn't respond to other punters' posts.

"Stop being nosey"...Christ, how old are you ? :lol:

Come on, Jakub lad, raise your game, this is getting a bit embarrassing. Perhaps keep quiet until you've owt useful to say - again, no offence or animosity intended.

Where were we ? Oh yes, I wonder if Rightwinger's self-imposed exile included watching on TV.

Either way, I think he's missed some interesting stuff. The annual relegation battle is now somewhat inevitable but it will be fascinating to see if and how we wriggle out of this and I say that's to be enjoyed rather than "endured".
You are starting to get on my wick kiddo so I’m off to bed before I say something I’ll regret.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm
You are starting to get on my wick kiddo so I’m off to bed before I say something I’ll regret.
How very grown up.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:21 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:07 pm
Yes I wouldn't disagree regarding contracts. and that's something we can rectify next summer with several big earners OOC, there's 5 or 6 that I will happily say thanks for your service and good luck elsewhere, and I suspect must people will know the players I'm referring to.

It doesn't help that we don't appear to have any obvious youngsters capable of stepping up to the 1st team ranks, and this is another area we could do with improving, the youth set up has made great strides in recent years, but only Dwight has made an impact in the 1st team.
Just following up on this, Our player development isn't going too well, but we could have looked at bench-fillers with potential to improve (on much lower money) rather than constantly offering PL money deals to players whose improvement and value to the squad was only likely to diminish.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:27 am

This is a funny read, made funnier by Gary Monk being put forward as a saviour

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:52 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Given some of your posts on this board I find it hard to believe you could ever regret anything you say.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:59 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Too late, you've already said plenty that any self-respecting poster would have regretted er, kiddo, and if you did do it again, we'd probably not be able to understand it anyway. :lol:

Anyway, do try to stay on topic in future rather than having a meaningless pop at folk, there's a good lad.

As I said, I enjoy watching the Clarets, including the long drive, and although defeats or disappointing performances hurt , relegation wouldn't be the end of the world for me. Dyche and the squad have worked miracles against enormous odds, it will be interesting to see if they can do it again. I really don't get those who have walked away from the club or have already thrown in the towel. Their choice, of course, but I don't get it.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:27 am
This is a funny read, made funnier by Gary Monk being put forward as a saviour
Can you take anyone who would ever make such a choice seriously?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:26 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:59 am
Too late, you've already said plenty that any self-respecting poster would have regretted er, kiddo, and if you did do it again, we'd probably not be able to understand it anyway. :lol:

Anyway, do try to stay on topic in future rather than having a meaningless pop at folk, there's a good lad.

As I said, I enjoy watching the Clarets, including the long drive, and although defeats or disappointing performances hurt , relegation wouldn't be the end of the world for me. Dyche and the squad have worked miracles against enormous odds, it will be interesting to see if they can do it again. I really don't get those who have walked away from the club or have already thrown in the towel. Their choice, of course, but I don't get it.
If suddenly remembering what somebody said yonks ago & trying to poke fun & provoke a reaction if that doesn’t represent an attempt at stirring animosity up I don’t what is, the rest of your sideshow is a distraction away from that most people on here will be adult enough to realise that. I can respect peoples reasons for attending & not attending despite maybe not agreeing with them as I’ve said I’d go myself regardless of the standard of football if we separated Americanised politics away from the British soccer sorry football.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 am

As I said, we'd probably not be able to understand it anyway...........

Are you really so silly, Jakub ? Rightwinger's comment was made earlier on THIS thread, I didn't "suddenly remember what somebody said yonks ago".....it's there in black and white. You're just looking for an excuse to try and get back at me for showing you up time after time. And failing . Again.

Just another in the ever-growing list of lies you seem to get a thrill out of making up about me. Creepy, huh ?

Again, as I've suggested, I accept that people have their reasons for not supporting BFC any more, even the barmy racist ones, but I'll never understand them. As I said, it's your choice.

Anyway, this isn't about you and your weaknesses, I don't think anybody either understands or cares about what you do or don't do. I certainly don't but, as you've discovered, you make stuff up, you'll get challenged. If that offends or upsets you grow a pair, shut up or keep on topic.

I thank you.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 am
As I said, we'd probably not be able to understand it anyway...........

Are you really so silly, Jakub ? Rightwinger's comment was made earlier on THIS thread, I didn't "suddenly remember what somebody said yonks ago".....it's there in black and white. You're just looking for an excuse to try and get back at me for showing you up time after time. And failing . Again.

Just another in the ever-growing list of lies you seem to get a thrill out of making up about me. Creepy, huh ?

Again, as I've suggested, I accept that people have their reasons for not supporting BFC any more, even the barmy racist ones, but I'll never understand them. As I said, it's your choice.

Anyway, this isn't about you and your weaknesses, I don't think anybody either understands or cares about what you do or don't do. I certainly don't but, as you've discovered, you make stuff up, you'll get challenged. If that offends or upsets you grow a pair, shut up or keep on topic.

I thank you.
I don’t make things up I once posted about 4 newspaper articles regarding PlayStations & widescreen TVs being rife in prisons & every time I mention PlayStations & prisons you seem to pipe up & have a go. I will continue to tell the truth about this without needing to making things up.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18273 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:49 am

Spijed wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 am
Can you take anyone who would ever make such a choice seriously?
No 🤔 maybe it was a joke 🤔 then again have scrolled back and no you're right 😂

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am

I endured a great win v Brentford and draws against Chelsea and Leicester both very good sides.I think I can forget the odd defeat against shite like Newcastle

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:03 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 am
I don’t make things up I once posted about 4 newspaper articles regarding PlayStations & widescreen TVs being rife in prisons & every time I mention PlayStations & prisons you seem to pipe up & have a go. I will continue to tell the truth about this without needing to making things up.

:lol:

So you accept you were telling lies regarding my disrespect towards the issue of the young lad's death and Rightwinger's anti-Dyche stance ? Apology accepted !

Off topic, I know, but I can't wait to see the evidence of such items as PS's being "rife" in prison. Available and accessible, maybe, but "rife" ?
You'd expect access to a TV as a must, surely, if only to keep a lag occupied for most of the day.
Oh, you seemed to have missed the "cushy life" crap that you posted.....funny that. ;)

Anyway, if you must reply, keep it quick - I find your idiotic streams of consciousness both embarrassing and irrelevant.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:14 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:03 am
:lol:

So you accept you were telling lies regarding my disrespect towards the issue of the young lad's death and Rightwinger's anti-Dyche stance ? Apology accepted !

Off topic, I know, but I can't wait to see the evidence of such items as PS's being "rife" in prison. Available and accessible, maybe, but "rife" ?
You'd expect access to a TV as a must, surely, if only to keep a lag occupied for most of the day.
Oh, you seemed to have missed the "cushy life" crap that you posted.....funny that. ;)

Anyway, if you must reply, keep it quick - I find your idiotic streams of consciousness both embarrassing and irrelevant.
There’s a time & a place & trying to get into an argument with a fellow poster on what should have been a respectful thread its inappropriate as a understatement surely you can see that or perhaps not Eddie being Eddie, I will continue to tell the truth regarding prisons & PlayStations if you can’t accept that or disagree please don’t acknowledge my posts because I shouldn’t have to explain myself or be dragged into potential arguments on respectful threads, please please please be respectful & if you can’t manage that maybe you should be silent & allow others to be respectful, I’m being the better man & logging out now because I don’t want the thread locked for bickering.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:27 am

Well, I asked for quick but, hey ho...the verbal diarrhea continues unabated.

I love this "being respectful" schtick you have, a great defensive mechanism if it actually worked. You continually wading in, making stuff up and having a go at me kind of derails your argument and simply makes you look foolish.

Good idea - you log off and have a good, hard look at yourself. I'm sure you'll get the hang of this discussion lark sooner or later.

Anyway, back on topic with hopefully no more personal sniping, I suspect we may well go down this season with Dyche at the helm until, say, this time next year if the Championship doesn't go too well.
Personally, I think we'd come straight back but that discussion is, perhaps, for another thread.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:32 am

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:49 am
No 🤔 maybe it was a joke 🤔 then again have scrolled back and no you're right 😂
It was certainly comedy gold reading some of the comments after losing 5-1 to Everton. The reactions were certainly a joy to behold! :)
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6386 times
Has Liked: 8733 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:16 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:32 pm
So if we've been "starved" of potential signings how come you believe we have enough quality to dig us out of the crap we have created for ourselves?
Because it looks like we may add another in January and this group of players are committed to our club and each other.

Tarkowski, who is out of contract soon, was throwing himself into blocks and headers. There is no let up.

Along the way, some teams take their foot off tge pedal. We will not.

Up the Clarets

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:37 pm

I actually think we're getting closer to the right squad, he's getting closer to the right team and is also getting closer to making the right subs at the right time.

Besides that everythings going to shite..

But if we sack him we'll have to appoint that Sean Dyche bloke cos he's the only manager with a proven record with a small club like ours in the strongest league in the world.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Anyone who thinks now is the same as then is simply burying their head in the sand, we had European qualifiers then and this bad run of form has been going on for well over a year. It's not form anymore, it's a severe issue.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:47 pm

Who knew we had europa league qualifiers still after Christmas back in 2018, I thought it was August when we played the last one