Burnley v Everton - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Re: Burnley v Everton - Player Ratings

Post by ashtonlongsider » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:54 am

Hart 4- Should have brought Tom back weeks ago.
Lowton 3-offered nothing offensively or defensively. Looked lost to me.
Tarkowski 6-Thought he did ok. One of the more effective players for me.
Mee 4-Seriously think his place is under threat now Gibson's fit.
Gibson 7*-Played well, but could see him tiring early in second half.
Taylor 4-I'm a great believer in this guy, but I would be tempted to play him in a more advanced role.
Westwood 4-Huffed and Puffed. Can't criticise his commitment.
Cork 4-Like Westwood, never goes hiding.
Hendrick 3-Sorry CT I'm not a fan. For me he should be nowhere near the first team.
Barnes 6-Typical Barnsey. Fully committed to the cause.
Vokes 4-I think Sam's a victim of SD's predictable tactics. He tries hard but surrounded by quality CD's he's not going to get much change.

Gudmundsson 3-Hard to judge. Difficult coming into a game that's all but lost.
McNeil 4-I was surprised he didn't start given our injury list. Again wrong IMO to bring on a young lad when the games all but gone.

I haven't quite hit the panic button yet but yesterday certainly spoilt my Christmas. I think the next 2 games are vital in our bid for survival. Nothing less than 4 points is good enough.

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 365 times

Post by yosserhughes » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:47 am

ClaretTony wrote:They are the worst and some of those 3 marks were worse than others. We keep making changes but some players keep their places. Time for a change in goal for me.
Bloody hell Tony things must be bad.

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 am

Greeny wrote:Rooster Booster you been on an all day drinking session? Ben Mee one of our best players today. Holy smoke. He was terrible and should have been hooked + ideally benched for the next games.
Yeah. That was my point. It was CT who gave him a 5, and no higher score in his ratings. I thought Mee was awful, and was asking CT why he didn’t

Zenwisdom
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Zenwisdom » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:12 am

Everton where the better team in all departments .
So don’t think we where allowed to play .
Give the team 4 Dyche will need to make some shrewd signings jan can we start with LB and RB for sure

MDWat
Been Liked: 878 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 am

Hart 3 - at fault for at least three, and I think probably four of the goals. A total shambles and I hope he never plays for us again.
Lowton 3 - absolutely awful performance. Stupid free kick to give away for the second, for which he should have been booked. He knew he was on 4 yellows, and then he got booked later anyway. Disgrace.
Tarkowski 4 - missed a sitter, didn't defend well, apart from mopping up his own mistakes
Mee 3 - a total and utter shambles. How Gibson got hooked ahead of him, I've no idea
Gibson 6* - a bright(er) spot in an otherwise disgraceful team performance.
Taylor 6 - did ok, apart from the first and you could argue us getting such a bad start put us on the back foot, lost our confidence and it went south from there but he got plenty of blocks in, defended ok and tried to get forward at his managers instruction (despite it being blind alley after blind alley, no idea what Dyche was on about)
Cork 4 - started ok, got visibly weaker as the game went on
Westwood 3 - hopeless. Not even close to the required standard for this level. Upgrade required and very fast
Hendrick 4 - worst on the pitch in the first half, he was anonymous. Started to improve in the second half and Dyche then decided to take him off but then again, he got every sub wrong yesterday
Barnes 3 - dreadful
Vokes 5 - won a bit in the first half, won less in the second. Clearly our best striker but Dyche wants rid so it's all good

McNeil 3 - waste of time
Gudmundsson 3 - waste of time

Hbclaret007
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Hbclaret007 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Always better to post the day after, but from yesterday I don't think it makes any difference :cry:

Hart 5 - Can't blame him for the penalty or the shot through the crowd. Didn't see the 5th goal. Left woefully exposed for the first, but he never commands the box. Certainly could have done better with the free kick I thought. I don't think he has done much wrong all season, but time for a change. Come back captain Heaton.
Lowton 4 - He has been poor all season and yesterday was another typical performance - Bardsley shouldn't have been dropped and should keep this place for some time.
Tarkowski 5 - Tries to play us forward and gets caught out. His second half chance wasn't that easy - not sure any of our strikers would have scored it. He has quality at this level. Needs better players around him
Mee 4 - He has lost his confidence and I think he needs a spell on the bench. Always poor with the ball, but his guts and determination have gone this season.
Gibson 5+1 for the goal - his positioning in a back three wasn't great. Marking went missing from the first Everton corner. It takes time to play in this role, but worth a run in the side - not sure more deserved than Long??
Taylor 5 - doesn't seem to get the support he needs going forward. Sometime naive in defense, but keeps on going.
Cork 4 - played far too deep today. Always under pressure. He doesn't find time or space and his passing is seldom forward.
Westwood 4 - played too close to Cork? These two never seem able to control midfield. Both physically lacking.
Hendrick 4 - Agree he was nowhere in the first half. Played better pushing forward second half. He needs to play alongside stronger midfielders
Barnes 5 - Can't fault his effort, but just madness to pump high balls towards their three 6 foot+ defenders
Vokes 5 - see Barnes

McNeil - needed someone with experience yesterday not this lad - I feel sorry for him - needs to start in F.A. Cup
Gudmundsson - didn't get a touch for 10 mins - needs support - should have come on at half time - we should have gone to a back 4.
Wood - decent header but Vydra's ball play would have been a better option

I was very disappointed with the starting line up. We have been better in the last couple of games (although 0 points), but changing Bardsley and Long was just crazy. Then pumping the ball continually towards the Everton back 3 was awful. This has got to be one of Sean's worst ever games tactically and he should take full responsibility. Most of the players need to take a long look at themselves too. I keep thinking we are better than at least three other teams in this league, but on yesterday's performance we are top contenders for relegation. We do miss Brady. Defour, Pope and Lennon, but we seem to lack any resilience. Something has to change and quickly.

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by the_magic_rat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Hart 5

Lowton 5
Tarkowski 6
Mee 6
Gibson 8
Taylor 5

Hendrick 6