The players need a different voice

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

The players need a different voice

Post by FeedTheArf » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Sat on the match yesterday, with the score 3-1 with us still having a chance of getting something from the game (albeit a slim chance!) and Dyche subs Vokes off and Wood was the moment it confirmed it for me. The consistency of selection and loyalty to players that has served us so well over the last 6 years will be our downfall. What does Vydra have to do?! Dyche has clearly run out of ideas. The players need a different voice. The predictability of our play is ridiculous.

This isn't a criticism of Dyche. His methods have given us the longest sustained run of success that I've seen in my lifetime so nobody could criticise him. His methods do work - and I'm sure he'll have a level of success wherever he goes. What he's managed to get out of a largely average bunch of players is nothing short of a miracle, especially whilst working within the financial constraints the club operate under. Add on top of that the redevelopment of Gawthorpe and ground improvements that have taken place during his tenure and the club is almost unrecognisable to the one he took over.

It's simply that his time at the club has run its course. Deep down Dyche must know this. Over the last 12 months he's tried to change (releasing his trusted warhorses in Arfield, effectively exiling Heaton and bringing in 'big names' in Lennon and Hart), but he is what he is and is very successful at what he does. 6 years is an age in Football and we need to freshen things up.

I've only ever witnessed that boredom and lack of interest in a game once before and that was at the end of the Cotterill era. For all of his detractors, Cotterill wasn't a bad manager, and neither could anybody say that about Dyche it was just that the players back then needed a different voice - and how they responded!

When Sean Dyche eventually leaves this club it will be a sad day, but the longer this goes on the more evident it becomes.
These 2 users liked this post: claretfern cockneyclaret

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Re: The players need a different voice

Post by steve1264b » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:48 pm

i agree that a different voice will be a good thing, but i don't agree that the voice should replace Dyche.

I think we need a new voice within the management team, who can spark training with some new inputs. Someone like Rene Meulensteen would be a welcome addition to the coaching staff.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:51 pm

You show a lot of respect towards SD which is only right. At his height 12 months ago he was being lauded for every PL job going, For this reason fans have been very loyal and have wanted him to stay. However as you say his loyalty, tactical nouse,stubbornness and his inability to change things in a game are going to be his downfall. You can sense the change of heart on this Board since last night. Cannot think of a manager in the PL yesterday that would not have made a change before half time yesterday.

The players just don't seem to care two stuffs. When you get beaten, as fans you will know in the next game if they have responded. We are half way through the season and have probably only given everything in half a dozen gam and played absolutely shocking in as manyes. Imagine Warock who like us has no money persevering with Mee, Lowton, Taylor, Wood and Vokes

FeedTheArf

Post by FeedTheArf » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:58 pm

steve1264b wrote:i agree that a different voice will be a good thing, but i don't agree that the voice should replace Dyche.

I think we need a new voice within the management team, who can spark training with some new inputs. Someone like Rene Meulensteen would be a welcome addition to the coaching staff.
As much as that would be a good compromise to test out in the short term it would likely make things worse. Someone with the profile of Meulensteen would be seen as a manager in waiting and would likely undermine Dyche's authority. The way to combat that is recruit someone who Dyche supports, but then you end up with more of the same.

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:17 pm

you can't bring someone in without Dyche's approval but i wonder if he has been consulting with a confidant outside his inner circle. I hope he has.

To use the management speak that Sean loves so much we need to bring the football equivalent of PWC etc just to give everyone a different perspective, maybe takeaway some of the conflicts that are bound to be appearing in a losing squad.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Maybe Dyche should try sucking on a helium balloon
This user liked this post: Hibsclaret

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:32 pm

There seem to be a lot of "Claret" posters who haven't conributed much over the last two years suddenly crawling out of the woodwork......plastics or Rovers, either way their comments are laughable.
Dyche should stay in place simply for the fact the Bastards are terrified of him. If we do go down, we've already got six points as good as banked.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:09 pm

I agree with the title. Tom Heaton will get some order in that back four and Pope will come in and see us up the table.

FeedTheArf

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:35 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:There seem to be a lot of "Claret" posters who haven't conributed much over the last two years suddenly crawling out of the woodwork......plastics or Rovers, either way their comments are laughable.
Dyche should stay in place simply for the fact the Bastards are terrified of him. If we do go down, we've already got six points as good as banked.
:lol: my comments laughable, but you’re saying stick with a manager because we might beat Rovers after we’ve been relegated. Ooooook!

Did you ever think you don’t get many new regular posters on this board for a reason?

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 am

The Rvers comment wasn't at all tongue in cheek, no not at all....... :roll:

There aren't many new posters on here and several others are leaving because it's becoming a rancid anti-Dyche bitchfest.....oh and full of Brexit/racist crap, too.
The gobshites rule on forums such as this as well as your typical radio phone-ins - I just hope the Board are strong enough to ignore the moronic minority who claim to speak for us all by wanting Dyche out.

FeedTheArf

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:56 am

Don’t claim to speak for all fans, it was just my opinion, which I thought was the point of forums like these. Thought my comments were quite measured to be honest. I wanted to avoid another bitchfest type post but hey ho!
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:22 am

Something had gone disastrously wrong with us about to beat OC/BL's record of 82 goals conceded in the Premier League and an even worse goal difference if we continue as we have over the last half of the season

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:31 am

FeedTheArf wrote:Don’t claim to speak for all fans, it was just my opinion, which I thought was the point of forums like these. Thought my comments were quite measured to be honest. I wanted to avoid another bitchfest type post but hey ho!
Remember certain posters get very very upset if you criticise SD and his methods!
You are in the wrong for thinking that!!! Remember you must cheers, clap and shout his name regardless of the results and the fact we probably won't see 3 points again this season.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 856 times
Has Liked: 529 times

Post by jlup1980 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:59 am

FeedTheArf wrote:I've only ever witnessed that boredom and lack of interest in a game once before and that was at the end of the Cotterill era. For all of his detractors, Cotterill wasn't a bad manager, and neither could anybody say that about Dyche it was just that the players back then needed a different voice - and how they responded!
This is bang on the money for me and exactly what I said when I left the Turf the other day. I'll support us come rain or shine but the boredom factor is becoming something else. If we're losing because the opposition are just THAT good I can accept it, but Everton weren't even that good, they didn't need to be. Same with Newcastle and various others this season. I'm walking on knowing that the entertainment factor will be zero and that's when you know something has changed.

FeedTheArf

Post by FeedTheArf » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:48 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:Sat on the match yesterday, with the score 3-1 with us still having a chance of getting something from the game (albeit a slim chance!) and Dyche subs Vokes off and Wood was the moment it confirmed it for me. The consistency of selection and loyalty to players that has served us so well over the last 6 years will be our downfall. What does Vydra have to do?! Dyche has clearly run out of ideas. The players need a different voice. The predictability of our play is ridiculous.

This isn't a criticism of Dyche. His methods have given us the longest sustained run of success that I've seen in my lifetime so nobody could criticise him. His methods do work - and I'm sure he'll have a level of success wherever he goes. What he's managed to get out of a largely average bunch of players is nothing short of a miracle, especially whilst working within the financial constraints the club operate under. Add on top of that the redevelopment of Gawthorpe and ground improvements that have taken place during his tenure and the club is almost unrecognisable to the one he took over.

It's simply that his time at the club has run its course. Deep down Dyche must know this. Over the last 12 months he's tried to change (releasing his trusted warhorses in Arfield, effectively exiling Heaton and bringing in 'big names' in Lennon and Hart), but he is what he is and is very successful at what he does. 6 years is an age in Football and we need to freshen things up.

I've only ever witnessed that boredom and lack of interest in a game once before and that was at the end of the Cotterill era. For all of his detractors, Cotterill wasn't a bad manager, and neither could anybody say that about Dyche it was just that the players back then needed a different voice - and how they responded!

When Sean Dyche eventually leaves this club it will be a sad day, but the longer this goes on the more evident it becomes.

What a difference a couple of months make!

It feels like a completely different team since Boxing Day. Much has been said of Heaton and McNeil coming into the side, but for me it's equally down to other players massively stepping up. In particular, Westwood seems to have gained a load of confidence and is now getting into positions a lot further up the pitch and playing passes he wouldn't have done before and also Hendrick since he's been moved out on the right has been like a different player. I know he's a controversial player on here sometimes but in that right sided midfield role I think Dyche has found his Arfield successor.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:Remember certain posters get very very upset if you criticise SD and his methods!
You are in the wrong for thinking that!!! Remember you must cheers, clap and shout his name regardless of the results and the fact we probably won't see 3 points again this season.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:16 pm

[quote="paulus the woodgnome"][/quote]
Almost worth a Led By Donkeys billboard :lol: