Dyche expects tough window

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Re: Dyche expects tough window

Post by beddie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:34 am

LaLiga. Some good points in your post. I agree about the mess we made last summer. Moving on to the Development squad, we get very few making th first team which is concerning. Leeds have a good youth set up and always appear to bring good numbers through their system, interestingly my Leeds friend mentioned that they turned Vydra down as he didn't interview very well and didn't buy into or embrace what they wanted to achieve so they pulled the plug.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:28 am

And probably more relevant Vydra wanted £50k a week !(according to the Leeds newspapers)

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:50 am

I cannot believe how some fans have turned on Sean Dyche this season
Except they haven't!

Not on the match days anyway really, where it matters. Dyche even praised the fans last week for their patience.

If he was at any other club there'd be vitriol in the stands and protests outside the boardroom!

You have to realise that forums aren't real life.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:39 am

Lord_Bob wrote:My 2c:

No one coming in this window - get used to it. Why would they? Anyone useful will get better offers from others. We may be one of the richest clubs in the world but (rightly in my opinion) we can't mortgage the future existence of the club for a desperate attempt to rescue this lost season. What happened to all those posts about what a well run club we are compared to that lot down the road, Notlob, etc? Now we want to throw money around lie a drunken sailor in a failing attempt to reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Dyche's first promotion season we did what we had to do - pay off the debt, build Gawthorpe. Second time around I thought we started to get it right with players like Brady, Cork ad Defour. Last two windows have been terrible - though I think the jury is still out on Gibson and Vydra. That's what has killed us.

So here we are, aging squad, bottom 3, relegation clauses and one of the lower salary structures in the league, and probably more importantly, something has changed in this season. The passion is not there, Can't put my finger on it but something is not right and we need to clean house to get back to ourselves. You can't clean house in a January window - too late.

The PL is only for the super rich. We don't qualify. It's an unfair competition. I don't buy all this "best league in the world? crap when only 6 teams out of 20 can realistically have a chance to win. Hopefully we can spend the occasional season or two in there to keep the coffers full.

Having said all that, I hope like hell we win today and it's the start of another unbeaten run - there's always hope...but sometimes, it's the hope that kills you.
Great post it is a crap league but the amount of teams you say have a chance of winning it 6?,think it's half that,a bit like the Scottish Premier league with only One team in it....the Premier league is all about greed it's not even a competition anymore.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote: Jones at Kilmarnock is a better gamble to be honest, but again I don't see a premier league winger in there
Jones is currently being linked with a pre-contract at rangers.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... contracts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the rumour has any truth associated with it then I can't see that being an end to it. Killmarnock have been quite clear that they would like Jones to play out the rest of the season for them. If he does sign a pre contract with Rangers the Killmarnock fans would be sitting on his shoulders like a ton of lead. Signing for a direct competitor would make them doubt his commitment to their cause and each and every playing blip could receive vocal commentary from the stands. It could make playing for them very difficult and diminish his effectiveness for them, decreasing the value of having him for the next 6 months.

I suspect that Rangers would predict this and in the event of a pre-contract being signed they would highlight it and offer Killmarnock a trvial amount to make the signing permanent in this window. We didn't really want to offer you a couple of hundred grand, but it is in the best interest of everyone concerned. Or they might be very happy for their competitor to have a potentially disaffected player on their books for the rest of the season.

I pointed out in another post that we could bring him in as cover for Dwight in the next couple of matches and send him back to Killmarnock on loan before the window ends and ahead of their Rangers match on the 23rd. Providng that we do have any interest in him, a potential pre-contract offer from Rangers could work in our favour, because it would make an offer of 500 grand or so from any English club very attractive to Killmarnock and their fans.

With Brady out for a few matches, Lennon scheduled to come back before the seasone ends and Dwight coming through strongly we possibly don't need a big and expensive winger signing in this window. If a first team player can offer us a lot over the long term then we should consider it, but a quality development player who could provide us with cover for the next couple of games might be enough.

I'm not entirely sure, but Jones might have a finger injury at the moment. Not that it has stopped him from playing.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm

He's an NI international isn't he?

I doubt he'd just choose us over Rangers, and that Rangers thing seems pretty nailed on

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's an NI international isn't he?

I doubt he'd just choose us over Rangers, and that Rangers thing seems pretty nailed on
Had his medical earlier today with rangers

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's an NI international isn't he?

Yup

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jordan-jo ... ler/249256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A couple of other recent articles

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... r-14361390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... -interest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A negative

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-13389538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We would have to knock that out of him for a start

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:Jones is currently being linked with a pre-contract at rangers.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... contracts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the rumour has any truth associated with it then I can't see that being an end to it. Killmarnock have been quite clear that they would like Jones to play out the rest of the season for them. If he does sign a pre contract with Rangers the Killmarnock fans would be sitting on his shoulders like a ton of lead. Signing for a direct competitor would make them doubt his commitment to their cause and each and every playing blip could receive vocal commentary from the stands. It could make playing for them very difficult and diminish his effectiveness for them, decreasing the value of having him for the next 6 months.

I suspect that Rangers would predict this and in the event of a pre-contract being signed they would highlight it and offer Killmarnock a trvial amount to make the signing permanent in this window. We didn't really want to offer you a couple of hundred grand, but it is in the best interest of everyone concerned. Or they might be very happy for their competitor to have a potentially disaffected player on their books for the rest of the season.

I pointed out in another post that we could bring him in as cover for Dwight in the next couple of matches and send him back to Killmarnock on loan before the window ends and ahead of their Rangers match on the 23rd. Providng that we do have any interest in him, a potential pre-contract offer from Rangers could work in our favour, because it would make an offer of 500 grand or so from any English club very attractive to Killmarnock and their fans.

With Brady out for a few matches, Lennon scheduled to come back before the seasone ends and Dwight coming through strongly we possibly don't need a big and expensive winger signing in this window. If a first team player can offer us a lot over the long term then we should consider it, but a quality development player who could provide us with cover for the next couple of games might be enough.

I'm not entirely sure, but Jones might have a finger injury at the moment. Not that it has stopped him from playing.
Sums the Scottish game up,Rangers and Celtic nab any young talent from the provincial clubs,and then they moan about the competitiveness of the league.

It'll be interesting to see how Jones fares playing under massive expectation every week,many others have flopped when they have joined either of the old firm.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:09 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:Lawrence Shankland (loan back), Kyle Scott and Chris Cadden could be candidates for that department.
The loan of Kyle Scott to Telstar has just been terminated by mutual consent.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt ... ed-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who is Kyle Scott

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/ ... a-13351984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turned down a new contract at Chelsea last year

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... situation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With only six months left on his contract and Chelsea facing the possibility of having to cut back the numbers in their Academy he could move in this window.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:12 am

Sean Dyche says costs limit Burnley to Championship players

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ip-players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would say that the partial answer to that conundrum is to spend more time identifying players that other clubs don't want or players that are looking to move on.

That certainly doesn't mean going after inferior players or players that aren't what we need. It simply means that an equal emphasis should be placed on identifying the players that clubs are likely to sell and which players would we like to bring in.

The same goes for identifying clubs that are in a position which would see them welcome a cash injection as opposed to clubs that don't need the money at a particular time.

If you focus your efforts solely on the latter when forming a short list then you will always pay a hefty price or waste a lot of time chasing after unrealistic targets. Going after players that aren't standing next to the exit door is always going to be more difficult and cosly than going after players with one foot out of the exit door.

Another solution is to go after players that are almost ready, players that could step up given a bit of time.

We could target a player that is definitely ready and miss out. The next window comes around and we do the same. This process continues until we finally get our man at a hefty price. And then we sit back and think, we could have brought in another player for a lot less money and in the time we have been busy chasing our tails he could have developed into the player we need.

pauliopaulio
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by pauliopaulio » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:04 am

Don’t know why anyone thinks it will affect our chances of staying up. Any signing will sit on the bench until the start of next season until they are ‘Dyche fit’

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:37 am

We arent limited to championship players at all. Complete nonsense.

There are leagues in 6 continents. But we choose to shop only in the league below the one we play in.

KefkaClaret
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Post by KefkaClaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:57 am

Championship prices are so high it’s honeslty worth gambling on foreign players even though we don’t have the scouting.

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:50 am

Tiresome interview from Dyche which regurgitates the same guff of the last three years.

Incredible lack of imagination and so negative.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets TsarBomba

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 am

It also ignores stuff like Jack Cork costing 60% of a Vydra for example.

Or Bardsley costing half a Charlie Taylor.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am

Must say I'm not sure what Dyche is trying to achieve when he gives interviews like that. All he's doing is presenting a negative image of the club to everyone concerned.

He focuses, again, on transfer fees. We keep being told they aren't really the problem for us and it is wages. I fully get the issue about wages and get why we want to keep them under control. But transfer fees are a total red herring. For one, our accounts suggest we have the cash to afford them, and for two they an investment. The market is only going on one direction and as we've seen with previous players for whom we've paid biggish money, the chances are we'll more than get our money back if for any reason we have to sell.

Dyche isn't selling a vision of the club there to anyone. He's as good as saying we are living on borrowed time. There is no reason why that should be the case.
These 6 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets TsarBomba Turfytop Suratclaret Rumpelstiltskin DCWat

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:00 am

No proper foreign scouting network after 5 seasons in the Premier League is ludicrous

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 am

No wonder players never want to sign for us with our manager like this.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 am

All James Maddison’s fault this year.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 am

claretspice wrote:But transfer fees are a total red herring.
Transfer fees in the Japanese market are even more outrageous. A fish out of water recently went for £2.5m

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tuna-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1273 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:59 am

........" Its not like we're going to magic up £50m to go and sign who we want "........Sean Dyche said.

So, Sean, we didn't make close on £60m net profit last year, then ?

Very poor, as Socrates posts, from the manager, again. Yet more evidence that, when it comes to these matters, Dyche is merely a mouthpiece for the Board.
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets TsarBomba Turfytop

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:........" Its not like we're going to magic up £50m to go and sign who we want "........Sean Dyche said.

So, Sean, we didn't make close on £60m net profit last year, then ?

Very poor, as Socrates posts, from the manager, again. Yet more evidence that, when it comes to these matters, Dyche is merely a mouthpiece for the Board.
Profit isn't cash, as I'm sure you know. Also, where do you get £60m net profit from?
This user liked this post: Chester Perry

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:18 pm

claretspice wrote:Must say I'm not sure what Dyche is trying to achieve when he gives interviews like that. All he's doing is presenting a negative image of the club to everyone concerned.

He focuses, again, on transfer fees. We keep being told they aren't really the problem for us and it is wages. I fully get the issue about wages and get why we want to keep them under control. But transfer fees are a total red herring. For one, our accounts suggest we have the cash to afford them, and for two they an investment. The market is only going on one direction and as we've seen with previous players for whom we've paid biggish money, the chances are we'll more than get our money back if for any reason we have to sell.

Dyche isn't selling a vision of the club there to anyone. He's as good as saying we are living on borrowed time. There is no reason why that should be the case.
Absolutely agree with this.

We continue to peddle this ‘little ‘ol Burnley’ at our detriment, and without a doubt it does us great damage in signing players.

I’m sick and tired of it. We know our limitations, and we all want our club to be run in a sensible manner. But there’s a difference between being sensible, and overly cautious to the point we’re our own worst enemy.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1273 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Profit isn't cash, as I'm sure you know. Also, where do you get £60m net profit from?

Paul, £30m Operating Profit + £30m profit on sale of Keane and Gray. It's all there debated on the Football Magic Money Tree thread (around post#250 I think).

In terms of the Cash situation we carried forward a balance of £20m from the previous financial year and at least £40m of last year's net profit can be added to that figure.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Some might benefit having a read of this instead of making up stuff
https://fypfanzine.uk/analysis/6888-fin ... e-about-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:40 pm

His Cotterill-esk interviews are absolutely dire. I have said for ages that we need building up not the other way round.

I know Owen Coyle gets a lot of stick but the one thing he did right was his passion and getting across positive vibes about the club to the media. He was always building us up and was a breath of fresh air at times!

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm

The £50 million figure is disingenuous too.

Nobody is asking for us to sign a player for £50 million.

Is he saying that because we can’t spend £50 million on a player we can’t spend .... I don’t know .... £15 or £20 million on one?

The more I read this same guff again and again the more I am forced to think that finances are not the problem. It is the lack of imagination and knowledge of the scouting and football management team.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different outcomes. As the window opens and we’re linked with yet another West Brom player I cannot but help at ruminate on that.

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Also ........... Dyche’s £50 million talk is a bit stupid when Bournemouth have just paid £19 million for a centre-forward on the fringes of the England squad, signed from a Premier League club.

But Solanke isn’t the type of player we go for. Which only serves to bolster the various points people have made on this thread.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Socrates wrote:Also ........... Dyche’s £50 million talk is a bit stupid when Bournemouth have just paid £19 million for a centre-forward on the fringes of the England squad, signed from a Premier League club.

But Solanke isn’t the type of player we go for. Which only serves to bolster the various points people have made on this thread.
In fairness. I would happily not have gone for Solanke at that price. Although Abraham on the other hand might have been worth pursuing.

Hopefuly these players are the new benchmark though. Because if its sub £20m for Young, capped English forwards then there is no way the likes of Rodriguez should be commanding more. (Not that I think he would be the right signing either).

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Third point ..... having watched this match from the comfort of my home, the suggestion that only £50 million players can improve us is way, way, way off.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Long Time Lurker

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:21 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:In fairness. I would happily not have gone for Solanke at that price. Although Abraham on the other hand might have been worth pursuing.

Hopefuly these players are the new benchmark though. Because if its sub £20m for Young, capped English forwards then there is no way the likes of Rodriguez should be commanding more. (Not that I think he would be the right signing either).
I probably wouldn’t have gone for Solanke either as it happens. But his fee, and the proposed Abraham fee, make a nonsense of the £50 million talk.
Last edited by Socrates on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3747 times
Has Liked: 7519 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 pm

We've got a penalty!!!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Agree.

And as above. We should be selling our club in the market. Not knocking it down.

We have turned:

Trippier
Keane
Heaton
Pope
Cork
Ings
Rodriguez
Tarkowski

Into England players

We have developed Sam Vokes into a player who scored a goal to take Wales into a European Semi Final.

We turned Charlie Austin into a fantastic striker who but for injuries would have played for England and a top 6 club.

We have taken a small town championship club into Europe.

We have appointed Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe who have both gone on to be good premier league managers and have developed many players.

These are the messages we should be sending out. That we are the right club for ambitious young players, or older ones with a point to prove.

The message we send out is ********. Its a typical small town Burnley message.
These 12 users liked this post: Royboyclaret Socrates gawthorpe_view COBBLE ksrclaret CoolClaret Andingle Turfytop Aclaret Suratclaret RoystonVasey pauliopaulio

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:41 pm

It mystifies me, and it’s so at odds with the way Dyche talks about literally everything else in the game. About belief, mentality, being positive ........ but this is so defeatist.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Rumpelstiltskin

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:43 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Agree.

And as above. We should be selling our club in the market. Not knocking it down.

We have turned:

Trippier
Keane
Heaton
Pope
Cork
Ings
Rodriguez
Tarkowski

Into England players

We have developed Sam Vokes into a player who scored a goal to take Wales into a European Semi Final.

We turned Charlie Austin into a fantastic striker who but for injuries would have played for England and a top 6 club.

We have appointed Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe who have both gone on to be good premier league managers and have developed many players.

These are the messages we should be sending out. That we are the right club for ambitious young players, or older ones with a point to prove.

And what about Ashley Barnes? Not bad for a 400k striker! :)

Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Spijed wrote:And what about Ashley Barnes? Not bad for a 400k striker! :)
He’s great. I love him.

But should we not aim for better? Or have a younger option lined up?

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:39 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Agree.

We have turned:

Trippier
Keane
Heaton
Pope
Cork
Ings
Rodriguez
Tarkowski

Into England players

Absolutely spot on with that, best post I've seen in a long, long time.

It's not even on the same planet as the negative, already-beaten dross that Dyche and the club try to sell us. No bloody wonder out recruitment is shocking.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:39 pm

ksrclaret wrote:Absolutely spot on with that, best post I've seen in a long, long time.

It's not even on the same planet as the negative, already-beaten dross that Dyche and the club try to sell us. No bloody wonder out recruitment is shocking.
So bloody frustrating.

Dont get me wrong Dyche has worked wonders. And to be where we are is amazing. But that doesnt mean we couldnt and shouldnt continue to aim to progress.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Socrates wrote:It mystifies me, and it’s so at odds with the way Dyche talks about literally everything else in the game. About belief, mentality, being positive ........ but this is so defeatist.
100% agree

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 am

We want to have our cake and eat it is the problem.

We want British-based players of a proven history and temperament but we don't want to pay the inflated fees that these players command. We either need to broaden our player criteria or up the fees, it's entirely a problem of our own making.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 am

"We don't want to pay the inflated fees that these players command"

But we expect to receive them when a player is sold or decides to move on ;)

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 am

For arguments sake I’m going to say that we offer for another stoke player as that’s a club we did two deals with not two long ago, rumour has is McLean is in the radar, which for me would be a no, but I’d be surprised if Joe Allen’s name doesn’t get linked with us this window.

Just to make it more humerous I’d add Jake Livermore to the WBA list with Matt Phillips link too.

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Think Dyche is basically admitting defeat to who he wants in this window because he knows he won't get them due to.........
Finish that sentence in whatever you believe.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:19 pm

WestMidsClaret wrote:Think Dyche is basically admitting defeat to who he wants in this window because he knows he won't get them due to.........
Finish that sentence in whatever you believe.

Brexit

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:32 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote: The message we send out is ********. Its a typical small town Burnley message.
cricketfieldclarets wrote: Non League Talent
we need to look at this market as much as abroad.

Burnley sign non-league player in January, response will be:
cricketfieldclarets wrote: The message we send out is ********. Its a typical small town Burnley message.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:36 pm

pauliopaulio wrote:Don’t know why anyone thinks it will affect our chances of staying up. Any signing will sit on the bench until the start of next season until they are ‘Dyche fit’
Brady played four days after signing.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:38 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Burnley sign non-league player in January, response will be:
But you havent quoted them in the full context, only in order to continue your odd agenda.

As per that thread.

Clearly we need top drawer players. But there are more than the odd gem at that level. Austin, Vardy, Antonio, Hart, Smalling, Bolasie, Deeney must be worth over £100m between them even now.

Doesnt mean we can't have a strategy that looks at both markets. Our current strategy is almost entirely limited to championship players.

Heaton
Pope
Lowton
Tarkowski
Westwood
Hendrick
Brady
JBG
Wood
Barnes
Vokes
Vydra
Taylor
Bardsley
Walters
Wells
Ward
Legdzins
Lindeegard
Gibson

All signed from the championship. Thats 20 of our registered 25 players!!!

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:41 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:But you havent quoted them in the full context, only in order to continue your odd agenda.

As per that thread.

Clearly we need top drawer players. But there are more than the odd gem at that level. Austin, Vardy, Antonio, Hart, Smalling, Bolasie, Deeney must be worth over £100m between them even now.

Doesnt mean we can't have a strategy that looks at both markets. Our current strategy is almost entirely limited to championship players.

Heaton
Pope
Lowton
Tarkowski
Westwood
Hendrick
Brady
JBG
Wood
Barnes
Vokes
Vydra
Taylor
Bardsley
Walters
Wells
Ward
Legdzins
Lindeegard
Gibson

All signed from the championship. Thats 20 of our registered 25 players!!!
Isn't the vast majority of Bournemouth's squad from the championship as well?

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:45 pm

They weren't all signed from the Championship.