To all the moaners on this board

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
Turftalkers mentor
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 25 times

To all the moaners on this board

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Time to shut up boys and support the club that means Manager ,Coaches ,Team ( even the ones you dont rate ). UTC.
These 18 users liked this post: Paul Waine LeadBelly piston broke RalphCoatesComb bob-the-scutter BOYSIE31 JimmyRobbo Damo Narwhalchomper theroyaldyche jjclaret Foreverly Claret Spike mybloodisclaret SussexDon1inIreland Im_not_Robbie_Blake evensteadiereddie ten bellies

joey13
Posts: 4661
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 1075 times
Has Liked: 861 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by joey13 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Is your post classed as moaning ?
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

LoveCurryPies
Posts: 3398
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am
Been Liked: 1222 times
Has Liked: 495 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Is that you, Mr Garlick? :lol:

Vegas Claret
Posts: 15510
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5056 times
Has Liked: 2332 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:36 pm

superfan alert
These 3 users liked this post: Steve1956 cockneyclaret jlup1980

randomclaret2
Posts: 3653
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 2412 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:38 pm

If only it were so easy...

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 665 times
Has Liked: 694 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:40 pm

If you weren’t at the Orient game then your opinion doesn’t count.........
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Hedontplayforyou
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Come on Burnley

piston broke
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times
Location: Ferkham Hall

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by piston broke » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:50 pm

OP spot on. It’s a tug-of-war. Everybody has to pull together. COYC.

Tribesmen
Posts: 2435
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:15 am
Been Liked: 615 times
Has Liked: 429 times
Location: Tibet

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Tribesmen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Come on get behind the lads .

midlander63
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 pm
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by midlander63 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 pm

I am getting behind them - I’m in the ground ready to cheer them on

To the team - give the fans a reason to get behind you - to start with don’t go 3 - 0 down after 20 minutes - it makes it difficult for us to get behind you!
These 2 users liked this post: cockneyclaret SGr

Turftalkers mentor
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:If you weren’t at the Orient game then your opinion doesn’t count.........
I have going on since 1958 . How about you

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 665 times
Has Liked: 694 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Think I caught a fish there. On since the early 80s to answer your question though.

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 439 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:I have going on since 1958 . How about you
Used to follow Man Utd but been a proper Burnley fan since they got in the Premier League under that Eugene Coil bloke. I now live in Leeds so if we go down and they go up I might switch to supporting them. At least they play good football and are a big club
These 3 users liked this post: JimmyRobbo CJW cockneyclaret

South West Claret.
Posts: 5019
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:55 pm
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 469 times
Location: Devon

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Used to follow Man Utd but been a proper Burnley fan since they got in the Premier League under that Eugene Coil bloke. I now live in Leeds so if we go down and they go up I might switch to supporting them. At least they play good football and are a big club
Given that I suggest that you have been posting on the wrong thread for some time :D

Bfcboyo
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 359 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:Time to shut up boys and support the club that means Manager ,Coaches ,Team ( even the ones you dont rate ). UTC.
They did moan they did want change . They did change and now they no longer moan.

Utc

JimmyRobbo
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:55 am
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by JimmyRobbo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Used to follow Man Utd but been a proper Burnley fan since they got in the Premier League under that Eugene Coil bloke. I now live in Leeds so if we go down and they go up I might switch to supporting them. At least they play good football and are a big club
I got it and it made me smile. Easy after watching that. Better moods all round for a few days, in any case.

Turftalkers mentor
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:21 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:Think I caught a fish there. On since the early 80s to answer your question though.
I am always understanding of new supporters , you will learn to be a proper supporter eventually

Claretto
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:10 am
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Claretto » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:I have going on since 1958 . How about you
Explains your apparent struggle with the keyboard
This user liked this post: thatdberight

Murger
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 444 times
Has Liked: 502 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Murger » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:I have going on since 1958 . How about you
Bravo. Makes you no more of a fan than anyone else though.

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 665 times
Has Liked: 694 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:I am always understanding of new supporters , you will learn to be a proper supporter eventually
:lol: Let me know when your bag needs emptying!
This user liked this post: Turftalkers mentor

Turftalkers mentor
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 pm

That's correct Murger , I don't profess to be any better than anyone else, I just get really fed up of negative critics of the club. I have reservations about some of the things the club do and the way it operates sometimes . However we are at the moment in the Premiership and its a lot better than where we have been in recent times . Constructive and amusing criticism should always be listened to , but some of the inane drivel posted on the board mostly by the usual posters just gets tiresome.

Turftalkers mentor
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:10 pm

In about ten minutes please just before they mush my food and feed it to me thanks

ceborame
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 am
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 25 times
Location: Colne

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by ceborame » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 pm

It seems to me, that some of the moaners were right regarding changing the keeper !
These 2 users liked this post: Steve1956 jedi_master

Turftalkers mentor
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 pm

To voice a constructive criticism as I have said previously is to be applauded . I myself voiced the view weeks ago that Tom Heaton was the best keeper at the club . That opinion was voiced with humility and respect .

Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 533 times
Has Liked: 621 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Where's Hibsclaret, we won with Taylor playing!!

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:36 pm

First & foremost, a excellent 3pts & makes things easier & also brings tangible belief that things weren’t so bad, people are/were well within they rights to complain prior to this & daresay to say as a result of people complaining rightly so all this came about, rockets got inserted underneath jacksy. Onwards & upwards UTC 2019.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 15510
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5056 times
Has Liked: 2332 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:That's correct Murger , I don't profess to be any better than anyone else, I just get really fed up of negative critics of the club. I have reservations about some of the things the club do and the way it operates sometimes . However we are at the moment in the Premiership and its a lot better than where we have been in recent times . Constructive and amusing criticism should always be listened to , but some of the inane drivel posted on the board mostly by the usual posters just gets tiresome.

Premier League

we don't play Rugby

Spike
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 pm
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Spike » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:42 pm

It’s simple ! Today the team and the fans were as one.

Spike
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 pm
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Spike » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:43 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:If only it were so easy...

It is

mybloodisclaret
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 8:04 pm
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 1708 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:Time to shut up boys and support the club that means Manager ,Coaches ,Team ( even the ones you dont rate ). UTC.
only read the first line... saw enough to like.

brexit
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:20 am
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 27 times
Location: on the gravy train in strasbourg

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by brexit » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:27 pm

I was at Orient and this changes nothing we are still going down.

brexit
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:20 am
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 27 times
Location: on the gravy train in strasbourg

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by brexit » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Turftalkers mentor wrote:I have going on since 1958 . How about you
BobLord Zimmer then

Wile E Coyote
Posts: 6551
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm
Been Liked: 2085 times
Has Liked: 1234 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 pm

fantastic performance today, team was fired up, and deserved the win. we all saw who the clueless fans were recently demanding the club sack the manager. No doubt they will be foaming at the mouths soon saying how great we are. Dregs the lot of em. clueless.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Blackrod
Posts: 4932
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 512 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Blackrod » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:54 pm

Look at me look at me I'm a better fan because I always supported Dyche and we've won a match .....

We were much much better today but we have been rank bad awful most of the season. Let's hope we can maintain this standard because we are going to need to to stay up. All fans want the club to do well. Wanting a change of approach when things are clearly not working for a long time is nothing personal against the manager.

Wile E Coyote
Posts: 6551
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm
Been Liked: 2085 times
Has Liked: 1234 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:18 am

its never "look at me" when you post your lame comments though is it, oh no, you are somehow special.

Sheedyclaret
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 am
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Sheedyclaret » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 am

So we win 1 game and folk believe everything is fine hahahahah

FactualFrank
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5525 times
Has Liked: 9382 times
Location: Leeds

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:43 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:So we win 1 game and folk believe everything is fine hahahahah
Look a bit deeper.

Sheedyclaret
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 am
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Sheedyclaret » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:59 am

Look abit deeper into what??

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 9723
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2157 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:45 am

I'm just glad all the fans that have been on social media saying the club don't need fans that are whinging actually let them all on the game.
Made a terrific atmosphere with a near full house.

Lancasterclaret
Posts: 16145
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 5139 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:48 am

Everybody had a good whinge, loads of people repeated made up **** they had heard down the pub, we won a game and those rumours will all disappear until we lose again.

Just nice to see us look like the team that was so successful again and lets hope its not just a one off flash in the pan.
These 2 users liked this post: jedi_master Lord Beamish

jedi_master
Posts: 2380
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 pm
Been Liked: 1247 times
Has Liked: 427 times
Location: Chesterfield

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by jedi_master » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:So we win 1 game and folk believe everything is fine hahahahah
Don't think I have seen one person say that.

However, that performance was so much more than a 2-0 win. We got back to what got us here in the first place. Tenacious, hard-working, holding nothing back, pressing, non-stop effort and determination - and no little quality. It was the antithesis of everything we have seen this season for 90% of the games.

If we play in that manner for the remainder of the season, we will stay up. If we revert to type, we will not. So, no, nobody is saying we are fine now - it's up to the squad and manager to maintain that standard from now till game 38.

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 6053
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1842 times
Has Liked: 5231 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am

Blackrod wrote:Look at me look at me I'm a better fan because I always supported Dyche and we've won a match .....

We were much much better today but we have been rank bad awful most of the season. Let's hope we can maintain this standard because we are going to need to to stay up. All fans want the club to do well. Wanting a change of approach when things are clearly not working for a long time is nothing personal against the manager.

You might not have been one of them but many of the gobshite critics on here weren't demanding change, they were demanding that Dyche should be sacked to give us any hope. I'd argue that's about as personal as it can get.
Fortunately, this board's real fans and constructive critcs can recognise these other berks for what they are.

Top Claret
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:50 am
Been Liked: 591 times
Has Liked: 546 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Top Claret » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:22 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:You might not have been one of them but many of the gobshite critics on here weren't demanding change, they were demanding that Dyche should be sacked to give us any hope. I'd argue that's about as personal as it can get.
Fortunately, this board's real fans and constructive critcs can recognise these other berks for what they are.
Calm down mate, we have won one game against a poor West Ham side at home and put in our best performance in 12 months. Let us start jumping on the Sean Dyche is amazing wagon when we get a run of 3 or 4 wins on the spin. The football and the results have been dire this season and this year, the only person to blame is Dyche.

We have looked to be heading back to the championship faster than a Japanese bullet train for most of the season. Why shouldn't fans voice their opinion?

Dyche is very lucky he still as a job. The chairman and supporters of most, if not all other clubs would not have tolerated our poor run of results and dreadful football served up over the last 12 months.

jlup1980
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm
Been Liked: 734 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:37 am

Football is a fickle game. Fans will ebb and flow with results. I've tried very hard to stay on Dyche's side all along but felt that certain defeats were unacceptable due to their nature.

Losing is one thing, performance levels are another. Some of our defeats have been so soft it bordered on embarrassing. Newcastle was horrendous for a start, but that was easily beaten by the Boxing Day shambles!

The Everton performance, team selection and substitutions were as bad as I've seen in many a long year. Dyche appeared to have run out of ideas and nobody can honestly say they didn't have serious doubts after that match.

Let's not forget that it's been an awful year results wise. He's lucky to be Burnley manager because I can guarantee he would have been sacked by every other PL club by now.

Having said all that, I genuinely hope that yesterday was the start of a more positive run and that we bottomed out vs Everton. Dyche was brave in his selection and he needs to continue being brave. You can't win games if you don't try to attack the opposition. We did that yesterday and got our rewards. Onwards and upwards.

UTC!
This user liked this post: Top Claret

taio
Posts: 5732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1682 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by taio » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:43 am

jlup1980 wrote:Football is a fickle game. Fans will ebb and flow with results. I've tried very hard to stay on Dyche's side all along but felt that certain defeats were unacceptable due to their nature.

Losing is one thing, performance levels are another. Some of our defeats have been so soft it bordered on embarrassing. Newcastle was horrendous for a start, but that was easily beaten by the Boxing Day shambles!

The Everton performance, team selection and substitutions were as bad as I've seen in many a long year. Dyche appeared to have run out of ideas and nobody can honestly say they didn't have serious doubts after that match.

Let's not forget that it's been an awful year results wise. He's lucky to be Burnley manager because I can guarantee he would have been sacked by every other PL club by now.

Having said all that, I genuinely hope that yesterday was the start of a more positive run and that we bottomed out vs Everton. Dyche was brave in his selection and he needs to continue being brave. You can't win games if you don't try to attack the opposition. We did that yesterday and got our rewards. Onwards and upwards.

UTC!
Doubt he would have been sacked at Huddersfield or Cardiff for the same reason that it would have been stupid for him to be sacked here.

jlup1980
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm
Been Liked: 734 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 am

taio wrote:Doubt he would have been sacked at Huddersfield or Cardiff for the same reason that it would have been stupid for him to be sacked here.
Not sure I agree. Again I'm talking about performances. They're have been several performances this season that left us wondering whether Dyche had lost the players. When that happens consistently even previous successes can't save you.

taio
Posts: 5732
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1682 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by taio » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 am

jlup1980 wrote:Not sure I agree. Again I'm talking about performances. They're have been several performances this season that left us wondering whether Dyche had lost the players. When that happens consistently even previous successes can't save you.
It left some people on here saying he'd lost the players that's all. Previous successes can save a manager as is rightly the case with Dyche. Huddersfield and Cardiff have played awful at times too.

Mala591
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:02 pm
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Re: To all the moaners on this board

Post by Mala591 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Whatever the 'moaners' do they must never again suggest how the team might be improved e.g.

Start Heaton
Start Bardsley
Start McNeil
Go back to 4-4-2
Persist with Barnes and Wood up front

etc.

Post Reply