Premiership Next Season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Premiership Next Season

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:56 pm

Have a feeling it could be one of the most wide open races in many years next year and several of the so called big clubs on the periphery of the top 4 could struggle.

With the introduction of VAR the smaller teams will surely start getting decisions they usually struggle to get in tense 0-0 matches. The decisions often going the way of the bigger teams when refs are sometimes looking to let them score to keep up the tradition of top teams staying at the top.

Also with the new loan rules meaning clubs can only loan out 8 players (think thats the number). Clubs like Chelsea who have made a business out of it are going to have far too many players on their books. This year 41 players out on loan meaning if it was with the new rules they would have 33 extra players on their books who werent in their 25 man squads. I can see these players virtually being given away in the summer rather than not being able to play and drawing large wages. The smaller clubs will be able to handpick several of these players at reasonable prices as they know the big clubs have to get rid of them.

Could be interesting....hopefully we can take advantage of it

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Re: Premiership Next Season

Post by Claret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 pm

VAR will make sod all difference to any perceived disadvantage for smaller clubs

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:00 am

Not a fan of Rugby, but if you mean the Premier League ;) then I think we could still get biased VAR operators. Overall though, it SHOULD make the game fairer.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3162 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:24 am

VAR will mean we give a penalty every other game on average

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5659 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:08 am

FactualFrank wrote:Not a fan of Rugby, but if you mean the Premier League ;) then I think we could still get biased VAR operators. Overall though, it SHOULD make the game fairer.
drives me ******* mad that people call it the Premiership !!!
This user liked this post: Chester Perry