Everton and Huddersfield

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Everton and Huddersfield

Post by claretnproud » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm

I think our players look better all round the pitch since we brought in mcneil. The reason I think is that the play is no longer compressed into our half so our players in general are getting a bit more time on the ball. Cork has been rubbish this season, constantly being shunted off the ball or losing the ball prior to getting rid of the ball but even he is starting to benefit from our more attacking style. Hopefully we continue in the same vein until the end of the season. Maybe a little more cautious against the top 6 sides but playing for a point is just a recipe for disaster as 1 point is usually the best we can do. utc.
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Re: Everton and Huddersfield

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 pm

I really look forward to seeing Defour picking out McNeil as he always has his head up and is moving about which will really click with the way McNeil moves.

The only weak link still in us pushing forward in a building/quick passing move is Lowton who seems to love to pick a pass backwards or a huge whipped ball forward rather than a pass inside.