Bolton at it again

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Bolton at it again

Post by piston broke » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:51 pm

Forest Green Chairman accuses Anderson of taking Doidge on loan, in August, with a deal to sign him. FGR have recalled him after paying his wages for the last 4 months.
Asking for an EFL investigation but have all relevant paperwork.
http://www.skysports.com/share/11600812" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

criminalclaret
Been Liked: 178 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: Bolton at it again

Post by criminalclaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:11 am

Just been speaking the some Bolton friends and they are in hysterics. The chairman Anderson is just a snake, he has hit out at supporters groups by saying they are not supporting the club as much as they could and then turns out he has not been paying the lads wages for 4 months...

Even worse, they had a guy on loan from Norwich on a loan to buy deal all agreed last summer. It was reported that his wife had only just quit her job and moved herself and their child up North only for Anderson to remade on the contract. Seems as dodgy as Mike Ashley.

There was also a big huff a few weeks ago when he banned a local Bolton Evenings News reporter from every home game because he was asking questions about why the players hadn't been paid that month. And then takes to the programme / Twitter ranting a out how it's all other people's problems and their negatively.

The guy is Trump or a bizzare Brian Potter caricature.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 am

Stock removed from club shop on Friday.

Reports the hotel is heading for a winding up order.

Registration embargo due to debt to pfa for paying Nov and December wages despite the chairman saying he paid them.

Chairman pays himself 500k and his son 125k.

Ever since holdsworth / anderson sports shield / blue marble there have been some very odd goings on including Davies giving more cash before he passed away.

Dom
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Post by Dom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am

criminalclaret wrote:Just been speaking the some Bolton friends and they are in hysterics. The chairman Anderson is just a snake, he has hit out at supporters groups by saying they are not supporting the club as much as they could and then turns out he has not been paying the lads wages for 4 months...

Even worse, they had a guy on loan from Norwich on a loan to buy deal all agreed last summer. It was reported that his wife had only just quit her job and moved herself and their child up North only for Anderson to remade on the contract. Seems as dodgy as Mike Ashley.

There was also a big huff a few weeks ago when he banned a local Bolton Evenings News reporter from every home game because he was asking questions about why the players hadn't been paid that month. And then takes to the programme / Twitter ranting a out how it's all other people's problems and their negatively.

The guy is Trump or a bizzare Brian Potter caricature.
Anderson makes Ashley look saintlike by comparison. He's killing Bolton.

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 am

I'm not sure why anyone on here is comparing him to Mike Ashley. The only thing I have seen Mike Ashley do wrong is try to make the club self sufficient! If he wasn't wealthy he wouldn't get half the stick he does.

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 am

Mike Ashley has pumped untold millions into Newcastle and the only return he gets is abuse. Anybody with any sense would have dumped the ungrateful geordie tossers long since.
This user liked this post: theroyaldyche

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 am

Be interested to see if Anderson is actually keeping the club afloat as well.

Not saying he is, but its very unlikely that Bolton are running just on fan payments and tv money

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 am

Remembering the smug, condescending attitude of the Bolton Wanderers’ Fans nine years ago makes it so very hard to summon even the merest crumb of sympathy for them. Let ‘em rot.
These 3 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret mybloodisclaret Murger

criminalclaret

Post by criminalclaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 am

The fans didn't say they we're 10 years ahead...only one person did that. I find it hard to put Bolton fans in the same category as Rovers or Coyle.
Coincidentally, I've known these lads for years and always found them a decent bunch much like Wigan and Blackpool fans.

Back to the point, I mean how can you ban a sports journalist from the ground just because you don't like what they are correctly reporting about the state the club is in? I mean, that is petulance there and then. If you don't like what they are saying then don't respond to them personally.

And notice how he only targeted the local Bolton Evening News reporter, didn't have the balls to take on a national outlet who have reported on it also.

Bullies tend to go after the smallest target to make themselves feel better.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... marc-iles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am

One of my more bizarre experiences watching the Clarets was in August 2012, when my son and I stood with Bolton fans in the Cricket Field stand as Burnley beat Bolton 2-0 in the 1st game of the 2012-13 season, courtesy of two free tickets. If I ever thought we had the odd brain dead numpty supporting us, then that day proved that Bolton are a different class in that regard ....

Good riddance to them ...

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 am

criminalclaret wrote:I mean how can you ban a sports journalist from the ground just because you don't like what they are correctly reporting about the state the club is in?
Back in the day, several journalists were banned from Turf Moor by Bob Lord. They used to meet in the old Cricketers pub on Anne Street and then go on the terracing to report, all wearing their own club ties which sported the letters BBB (Banned By Bob). In more recent years, it hasn't been unheard of for local journalists to be blocked by the manager either.

As for Bolton, this really is now a very sorry mess but they are now messing with another club (Forest Green) and one of their players. The Football Legaue (or EFL as the clown Shaun Harvey likes to call them) are just totally inept. How on earth did they sanction this sort of deal for a player given what's going on at Bolton? I don't know what the answer is but unless they get new ownership with some money they have a very difficult future ahead of them.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Post by Fretters » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am

Sounds like a Doidge deal.

criminalclaret

Post by criminalclaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:52 am

ClaretTony wrote:Back in the day, several journalists were banned from Turf Moor by Bob Lord. They used to meet in the old Cricketers pub on Anne Street and then go on the terracing to report, all wearing their own club ties which sported the letters BBB (Banned By Bob).
I knew there would be a Bob Lord story in there somewhere :D

You're bang on, when the actions start hurting other clubs, particularly those in further down the league structure, then its just criminal. Forest Green Rovers having the pay the lad for 4 months wages because Anderson couldn't be arsed, that's theft plain and simple.

I'm not sure what will come sooner, 12 point deduction + administration or relegation come May.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am

**** coyle. They can **** off after they never threw the ball back and John McGinley scored!
These 9 users liked this post: Costadelsolclaret Bosscat Burnley Ace ZizkovClaret basil6345789 claretgimmer Goobs claret wizard Stalbansclaret

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:**** coyle. They can **** off after they never threw the ball back and John McGinley scored!
Yes, I've never forgotten that. Are you sure it was MCGinley that scored though? I thought he was the instigator. From memory Coleman scored.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:21 am

Hate them, coming from Rammy a lot of w@nky Wanderers fans about. Big time Charlie’s. Gartside thought the premier league owed his club a place. Their fans think they’re a massive club just because Nat Lofthouse played for them. They’ve never even won the league!! If it was between Bolton & Rovers and one had to go, it would be bye bye Bolton from me.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 am

I knew someone would mention McGinley (who didn't score). That was all because they were wound up after John Gayle had ended a player's career.

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:37 am

nil_desperandum wrote:Yes, I've never forgotten that. Are you sure it was MCGinley that scored though? I thought he was the instigator. From memory Coleman scored.
I'm pretty sure it was McGinley who scored against us from a corner. Christ that's was nearly 26 years ago and I was only 15 but remember it like it was yesterday. For some reason that's one of my most vivid memories from that age regarding footy.

Edit from Tony's memory and knowledge maybe my memory isn't so vivid :lol: McGinley was definitely involved in not giving the ball back though and they went, got a corner and scored.
Last edited by WestMidsClaret on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets claretgimmer

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:38 am

It was that snake McGinley who did not throw the ball back...and then they scored.
Bolton fans remember that day for a horrendous tackle by John Gayle (i think) on one of their players (Spooner ?) which they say ended his career.

There have been many many reasons and incidents down the years to dislike Bolton as much as i do but that McGinley game tops the lot.

I've got everything crossed for a 12 points deduction and another relegation...hopefully they will be playing Stockport County again pretty soon !

Game highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVWMNCWd6mg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:51 am

There’s no “they say” about it. Gayle ended Spooner’s career, was a shocker of a challenge.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 am

But at the time, no one knew that and McGinley should have thrown the ball back.

He's a cheat.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat cricketfieldclarets

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am

nil_desperandum wrote:Yes, I've never forgotten that. Are you sure it was MCGinley that scored though? I thought he was the instigator. From memory Coleman scored.
The "Incident" led to a corner and Coleman scored from the corner.
Still the most disgusting stunt I've ever seen on a football pitch. Vinnicombe waiting for the ball by our corner flag meant they were all onside after the throw in, you can't be offside from the throw.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:03 am

Chobulous wrote:Mike Ashley has pumped untold millions into Newcastle and the only return he gets is abuse
Sounds a little like our friends from Pune and the ungrateful B****** down the M65 ;)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:03 am

I`m not sure whether the Gayle challenge on Spooner was the one that led to the throw in incident. I might be wrong as its a long time ago bit I thought the foul happened in the Bolton half not too far from their penalty area....maybe the ball ended up the other end for the throw in. Either way McGinley should have thrown the ball back irrespective of the extent of the injury which as LC said they could not have known the extent of.

I saw McGinley at the Lennie Johnrose charity golf day in October....he was huge....I think he must be on the same "seafood" diet as Horeseface.

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:06 am

RammyClaret61 wrote:Hate them, coming from Rammy a lot of w@nky Wanderers fans about
Not many going to the matches though. And not many wearing their famous Mighty Whites shirts ;)
This user liked this post: RammyClaret61

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:14 am

I seem to remember in the post-match interview after that game the interviewer said something like "Some of the Bolton players are suggesting that you tried to deliberately injure the player" to which Gayle responded "If I'd done it deliberately I'd have broken both of his legs".

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am

TVC15 wrote:It was that snake McGinley who did not throw the ball back...and then they scored.
Bolton fans remember that day for a horrendous tackle by John Gayle (i think) on one of their players (Spooner ?) which they say ended his career.
It was horrendous and Burnley were successfully sued for ending Nicky Spooner's career. How anyone can go on about not throwing a ball back when we've just witnessed a piece of thuggery like that is beyond me. Gayle should have been told to pack his bags that day.

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:25 am

On the original topic, Bolton are a good example of what can happen when you're bankrolled by a rich owner and costs get out of control. Davies allowed the losses to mount up year on year and, even though he subsidised them, the result was that when he eventually withdrew his money the club wasn't in a position to cope without it and never has been since.

It'll be interesting to see how Fulham and Wolves progress as they seem to be heading down this route (particularly Fulham). Newcastle were one club that seemed to be heading down this route but are trying to rein in their spending and get on an even keel (much to the disgust of many pundits/fans).

The increased money in the Premier League means that teams like Bournemouth, who in years gone by may have been subsidised by the owner, can still spend plenty of money and make profits so long as they stay up.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:43 am

I don't remember the Gayle incident. Bolton/McGinley cheating is what sticks out.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 am

ClaretTony wrote:It was horrendous and Burnley were successfully sued for ending Nicky Spooner's career. How anyone can go on about not throwing a ball back when we've just witnessed a piece of thuggery like that is beyond me. Gayle should have been told to pack his bags that day.
I was there like you presumably CT and I am pretty sure that 99% of the crowd did not realise how bad a tackle it was or would have used a word like "thuggery"....the game was pretty different 25 years ago and derby games were very much blood and thunder. Bolton also had some pretty dirty players from memory.
I`m not saying that it was not an awful challenge - of course it was....but I cannot recall any player from any club ever being told to "pack his bags" because of a challenge so not sure why you think John Gayle should have been.
The reason people go on about McGinlay not throwing the ball back is because he cheated and quite understandably Burnley fans are going to remember that than one of their own players cheating. The fact that Bolton and McGinlay regular got one over on us meant he was already a hated figure with the fans - the incident just added to that. Bit like Garner for Blackburn - we hated him because he was usually too good for us.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 am

The Bolton case makes me wonder even more about what the Venkys end-game is at Deadwood. :?:
What are they getting, or hope to get, out of it?
I know they're mega rich and all that, is it simply the kudos of owning an English footy club, or is it the long game of trying to get back in the PL? Or both?

Sausage
Been Liked: 637 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by Sausage » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 am

ClaretTony wrote:It was horrendous and Burnley were successfully sued for ending Nicky Spooner's career. How anyone can go on about not throwing a ball back when we've just witnessed a piece of thuggery like that is beyond me. Gayle should have been told to pack his bags that day.
100% agree with CT on this one. If you reverse the roles and imagine, say, John Deary's career had been ended by a Bolton challenge that day, would our supporters condemn the rest of the Burnley team for not throwing the ball back after Bolton had kicked it out of play? Of course not. Sometimes you have to take off the Claret-tinted spectacles. Besides, McGinley didn't cheat; he played within the laws of the game. You might argue that his conduct was ungentlemanly, but in the circumstances I'd have done exactly the same thing.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm

As the above poster says..let em rot

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Sausage wrote:100% agree with CT on this one. If you reverse the roles and imagine, say, John Deary's career had been ended by a Bolton challenge that day, would our supporters condemn the rest of the Burnley team for not throwing the ball back after Bolton had kicked it out of play? Of course not. Sometimes you have to take off the Claret-tinted spectacles. Besides, McGinley didn't cheat; he played within the laws of the game. You might argue that his conduct was ungentlemanly, but in the circumstances I'd have done exactly the same thing.
The players or fans could not have know how bad the injury was at the time and as I said it was a highly charged derby.
McGinley was 100% cheating - forget about the laws of the game as they are not relevant with this.
If the Burnley players (or any team) thinks that an opposition player would not throw the ball back then they would not stop the game or kick the ball out for them...they would just play on until the referee stopped it.
Surely it is a positive aspect of the game that a team kicks a ball out when a player is injured ?

I don't know any Burnley fan who is condoning Gayle`s foul....but that does not make what McGinley did anything else but cheating.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:22 pm

McGinley was my next door neighbor at the time.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Was not giving the ball back actually in the rules?

Because if it’s not then he’s not a cheat. And I’m pretty sure the Bolton players would have known how bad the injury was regardless if the crowd did or not.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I knew someone would mention McGinley (who didn't score). That was all because they were wound up after John Gayle had ended a player's career.
He definitely did score that day. Perhaps it was the equaliser which irked me even more then after the throw in incident.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:27 pm

WestMidsClaret wrote:I'm pretty sure it was McGinley who scored against us from a corner. Christ that's was nearly 26 years ago and I was only 15 but remember it like it was yesterday. For some reason that's one of my most vivid memories from that age regarding footy.

Edit from Tony's memory and knowledge maybe my memory isn't so vivid :lol: McGinley was definitely involved in not giving the ball back though and they went, got a corner and scored.
Same I was only a kid and it really sticks out.

And McGinley definitely scored that day.
This user liked this post: WestMidsClaret

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 pm

TVC15 wrote:I was there like you presumably CT and I am pretty sure that 99% of the crowd did not realise how bad a tackle it was or would have used a word like "thuggery"....the game was pretty different 25 years ago and derby games were very much blood and thunder. Bolton also had some pretty dirty players from memory.
I`m not saying that it was not an awful challenge - of course it was....but I cannot recall any player from any club ever being told to "pack his bags" because of a challenge so not sure why you think John Gayle should have been.
The reason people go on about McGinlay not throwing the ball back is because he cheated and quite understandably Burnley fans are going to remember that than one of their own players cheating. The fact that Bolton and McGinlay regular got one over on us meant he was already a hated figure with the fans - the incident just added to that. Bit like Garner for Blackburn - we hated him because he was usually too good for us.
Exactly. The diving Ricardo Fuller was another. And he always bloody scored against us!

Plenty more where they came from!

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 pm

The Spooner 'tackle' happened right in front of me. I had two Bolton fans sat next to me and they were understandably furious.
Truly sickening, probably the worst I've seen live in my time watching football at the Turf.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Couldn't care less about Bolton Wan*ers FC they are reaping what they have sewn... just like the Chicken Chokers down the M65...

John Gales Tackle was terrible but..... no-one knew at the time it was career ending and John McGinley (although it within the rules of the game) cheated end of.

Always makes me smile that when Horse Face got relegated with Bolton Wan*ers we smashed em ... and smile as they dropped and we rose to where we are now.

10 years ahead of Burnley :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where are you now Coyle :lol: :lol: :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Vintage Claret

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Dyched wrote:Was not giving the ball back actually in the rules?

Because if it’s not then he’s not a cheat. And I’m pretty sure the Bolton players would have known how bad the injury was regardless if the crowd did or not.
No it wasn't - but kicking the ball out of play to stop the game was also not in the rules. They were both just the done thing...and giving the ball back followed the first one. There is a difference between cheating and breaking the rules / law. If Burnley would have carried on playing whilst the player was badly injured and we would have ran through and scored whilst he was lying on the floor playing us on onside that would also not be against the rules but I am pretty sure the Bolton players and fans would have thought we were "cheating"

I doubt the Bolton players would have known that the injury had just ended Spooner`s career.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:40 pm

TVC15 wrote:No it wasn't - but kicking the ball out of play to stop the game was also not in the rules. They were both just the done thing...and giving the ball back followed the first one. There is a difference between cheating and breaking the rules / law. If Burnley would have carried on playing whilst the player was badly injured and we would have ran through and scored whilst he was lying on the floor playing us on onside that would also not be against the rules but I am pretty sure the Bolton players and fans would have thought we were "cheating"

I doubt the Bolton players would have known that the injury had just ended Spooner`s career.
So he wasn’t cheating yeah?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Dyched wrote:So he wasn’t cheating yeah?
As I said there is a difference between cheating and breaking the rules.

So no he did not break the rules of the game but yes he definitely cheated....IMHO.
Hope that's cleared it up for you.

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:49 pm

This is from The Bolton News report, not my memory:

"After a Burnley player had kicked the ball out of play to allow Fabian DeFreitas to be treated following a collision with Burnley keeper Marlon Beresford, the Bolton captain ignored the unwritten “sportsman’s code” by refusing to throw the ball to an opponent – a move that led to the corner from which Coleman capped his Bolton debut with an equaliser seven minutes from time"

Cheating or not, it was not what should have happened.

WestMidsClaret

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Same I was only a kid and it really sticks out.

And McGinley definitely scored that day.
Yes he scored to make it 1-1. It's weird isn't it. I can't remember what I did at a certain point last week but I can remember a little twonk cheating almost 26 years ago :lol:

What was the ground capacity back then? Was it the same as it is now 22000? Was only 15000 plus on that day but seemed pretty full. Think I was in the beehole end that day sneaking under the stand for a sly cigarette every no and again.
This user liked this post: Anonymous

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 pm

From further down the same report:

"Tony Philliskirk, the former Wanderers striker who was in the Burnley team that day along with another former Burnden regular, Mark Winstanley, admitted his Burnley team-mates had only themselves to blame for being caught out.

“The ref told us Bolton were going to throw the ball back to us,” Philliskirk said"

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Still goes on today. When Fleetwood played Accy Stanley earlier this year, the ball was kicked out for injury treatment (can't remember which side kicked it out or who wanted the treatment) and Fleetwood took the unopposed drop ball, which clearly had been agreed would be kicked back to the goalkeeper, and kicked it out for a throw-in near the corner flag. And then sent men forward to contest it. I have no idea why that tactic (which must involve lying to the referee as well as bad sportsmanship) doesn't get a free kick and a booking under the unsporting behaviour law.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:This is from The Bolton News report, not my memory:

"After a Burnley player had kicked the ball out of play to allow Fabian DeFreitas to be treated following a collision with Burnley keeper Marlon Beresford, the Bolton captain ignored the unwritten “sportsman’s code” by refusing to throw the ball to an opponent – a move that led to the corner from which Coleman capped his Bolton debut with an equaliser seven minutes from time"

Cheating or not, it was not what should have happened.
I think people are mixing 2 events.... but goes to show just how unsporting McGinlay and Bolton were/are

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2531 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm

What's the unsporting behaviour law? Is it part of the rules of football or one of these unwritten rules that,of course, don't have to be adhered to simply because they are not written out in the laws of the game?