Derby Spy

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
ClaretTony
Posts: 30150
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13721 times
Has Liked: 2661 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Derby Spy

Postby ClaretTony » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Been confirmed that the bloke caught spying at Derby's training ground yesterday is a member of the football staff of Leeds United.

# 2
D8BFC
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:13 am
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby D8BFC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm

This isn't a break of any rule/regulation though as far as i am aware is it?

# 3
LordBob
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby LordBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 pm

I understand he has been named as a Mr Philby, no further information as yet.

# 4
Longside4evr
Posts: 2175
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:34 am
Been Liked: 452 times
Has Liked: 226 times
Location: Malaga Spain

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Longside4evr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 pm

I think you would get told where to go if you where an immigrant lurking around Gawthorpe

# 5
FactualFrank
Posts: 15736
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 4299 times
Has Liked: 7594 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Derby Spy

Postby FactualFrank » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:15 pm

"The suspect was reportedly in possession of a pair of binoculars, pliers and a change of clothes"

# 6
Spijed
Posts: 9661
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1743 times
Has Liked: 758 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Spijed » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:17 pm

D8BFC wrote:This isn't a break of any rule/regulation though as far as i am aware is it?


As a training ground is private property I suspect the person in question will be banned for life from entering again.

# 7
Bosscat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1456 times
Has Liked: 3888 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Bosscat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Longside4evr wrote:I think you would get told where to go if you where an immigrant lurking around Gawthorpe

My Brother-in-law's farm overlooks Gawthorpe/Barnfield training ground (his Grandson has a couple of stray footballs much to his delight :) ) would be a great vantage point if you wished to spy on Seans training methods

# 8
Bosscat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1456 times
Has Liked: 3888 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Bosscat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Been confirmed that the bloke caught spying at Derby's training ground yesterday is a member of the football staff of Leeds United.

Brings back memories of Sheff Utd and Colins number2 listening at the changing room door at Turf Moor when Stan Ternent was in charge

# 9
Lancasterclaret
Posts: 14652
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 4788 times
Has Liked: 2693 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Lancasterclaret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Stolen from twitter

*Just found the spys handwritten notes

- Richard Keogh is shite*
These 9 users liked this post: fatboy47 Bosscat Taffy on the wing Leisure Aclaret bfcjg clive40golf Buxtonclaret evensteadiereddie

# 10
Quickenthetempo
Posts: 8346
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 1841 times
Has Liked: 1055 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Quickenthetempo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Bosscat wrote:My Brother-in-law's farm overlooks Gawthorpe/Barnfield training ground (his Grandson has a couple of stray footballs much to his delight :) ) would be a great vantage point if you wished to spy on Seans training methods

In the past you could watch training from the road going down to the hall quite easily. Now you can watch from Grove lane woods at the other end.

I'm not so sure it benefits you that much unless checking up on injured players.

# 11
CombatClaret
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 535 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby CombatClaret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Spijed wrote:As a training ground is private property I suspect the person in question will be banned for life from entering again.


"Officers have just attended the Training Ground for @dcfcofficial After a suspicious male was seen at the perimeter fence."

Doesn't sound like he was inside, your completely with in your rights to be in a public place and look into private property.
Obviously the police will investigate suspicious behavior but he won't be charged with anything.
No idea if the FA has any rules regarding this.
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed Bosscat

# 12
Longside4evr
Posts: 2175
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:34 am
Been Liked: 452 times
Has Liked: 226 times
Location: Malaga Spain

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Longside4evr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Bosscat wrote:Brings back memories of Sheff Utd and Colins number2 listening at the changing room door at Turf Moor when Stan Ternent was in charge

It does but it was at Bramall Lane and the perpetrator was one of the younger players listening at the dressing room door

# 13
Spijed
Posts: 9661
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1743 times
Has Liked: 758 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Spijed » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm

CombatClaret wrote:"Officers have just attended the Training Ground for @dcfcofficial After a suspicious male was seen at the perimeter fence."

Doesn't sound like he was inside, your completely with in your rights to be in a public place and look into private property.
Obviously the police will investigate suspicious behavior but he won't be charged with anything.
No idea if the FA has any rules regarding this.


That's certainly true. The same applies photography etc.

# 14
Andingle
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 pm
Been Liked: 103 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Andingle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:44 pm

FactualFrank wrote:"The suspect was reportedly in possession of a pair of binoculars, pliers and a change of clothes"

Was the clothing a Derby kit, thinking it might be Vydra trying to break back in?

# 15
claret_in_exile
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:35 pm
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 159 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby claret_in_exile » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Longside4evr wrote:It does but it was at Bramall Lane and the perpetrator was one of the younger players listening at the dressing room door


I thought it was Kevin Blackwell?

# 16
gawthorpe_view
Posts: 2605
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:19 am
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 1333 times
Location: 'Turf

Re: Derby Spy

Postby gawthorpe_view » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

I broke cover a while back.
;) :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

# 17
Bosscat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1456 times
Has Liked: 3888 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Bosscat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm

claret_in_exile wrote:I thought it was Kevin Blackwell?

I thought it was Colins Number Two :D

Just found this bit in the Blackburnegraphs archive ....

The outburst referred to the notorious bust-up between Ternent and then Blades assistant Kevin Blackwell at Bramall Lane, when the Turf Moor chief accused Warnock's staff of eavesdropping on his half-time team talk.

But Ternent said: "I'd rather cut my grass than talk about Warnock, but I want the right of reply to what he has said about me.


"I don't know a manager who has got a good word to say about him - he's the most disliked in the game.

"Warnock is a legend between his own ears."

Referring to the Brammall Lane incident, Ternent added: "Half a dozen managers told me to be careful because Warnock had put people behind the door.

"I heard something when I was giving my team talk, opened the door, and three of them shot off."

Last edited by Bosscat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

# 18
Ashingtonclaret46
Posts: 2351
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 1436 times
Location: Ashington, Northumberland

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Ashingtonclaret46 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Official view from the League is that it is something which the two clubs will have to sort out. Simple enough.

# 19
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 4763
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2563 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby TheFamilyCat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Frank’s teamtalk should be pretty easy after this.

# 20
Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Pimlico_Claret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Dirty Leeds just playing up to their name.
This user liked this post: bob-the-scutter

# 21
Vegas Claret
Posts: 14038
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 4433 times
Has Liked: 1980 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Vegas Claret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Spijed wrote:As a training ground is private property I suspect the person in question will be banned for life from entering again.


gonna be difficult as he was outside apparently

"Derby County Football Club can confirm that officers from the Derbyshire Constabulary were called to the Derby County Training Centre at around 11:20am on Thursday 10th January 2019 following reports of a man acting suspiciously OUTSIDE the premises."

# 22
CombatClaret
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 535 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby CombatClaret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:35 pm

"Derby County Football Club can confirm that officers from the Derbyshire Constabulary were called to the Derby County Training Centre at around 11:20am on Thursday 10th January 2019 following reports of a man acting suspiciously outside the premises."


RackMultipart.20616.0_original.jpg
RackMultipart.20616.0_original.jpg (24.8 KiB) Viewed 2117 times

# 23
Bosscat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1456 times
Has Liked: 3888 times

Re: Derby Spy sorted

Postby Bosscat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VeyCbhnxRw

Should have set the Salmon on the intruder
Last edited by Bosscat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

# 24
Goodclaret
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:44 pm
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 870 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Goodclaret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 pm

I see Bielsa has just come out and said "yeah, I did it and always have". Always manage to match corrupt owners/managers with Dirty Leeds.

I'm not keen on Derby at all but I am a Ram for the next couple of hours!

#wahls

# 25
Billy Balfour
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 405 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Billy Balfour » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Pretty shitty and unethical thing to do.

# 26
Claretincraven
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:17 pm
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Claretincraven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Goodclaret wrote:I see Bielsa has just come out and said "yeah, I did it and always have". Always manage to match corrupt owners/managers with Dirty Leeds.

I'm not keen on Derby at all but I am a Ram for the next couple of hours!

#wahls


He can't speak a word of English. Does his interviews with a translator. You would think he would make an effort.

# 27
mkmel
Posts: 3554
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 pm
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 983 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby mkmel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Yes it was Kevin Blackwell at our dressing room door at the Turf

Rumour had it that Stan and Blackwell exchanged blows and then shared a pint afterwards

# 28
piston broke
Posts: 5600
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 1446 times
Has Liked: 1229 times
Location: Ferkham Hall

Re: Derby Spy

Postby piston broke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Sky obsessing about a penalty given then overruled for offside. Showing the final pass was not an offside but further back when Jannson launches it forward Roofe came back from an offside position and jumped for the header.
Cummon the rams.

# 29
piston broke
Posts: 5600
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 1446 times
Has Liked: 1229 times
Location: Ferkham Hall

Re: Derby Spy

Postby piston broke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 pm

mkmel wrote:Yes it was Kevin Blackwell at our dressing room door at the Turf

Rumour had it that Stan and Blackwell exchanged blows and then shared a pint afterwards

Many years later they did a Goals On Sunday together. Stan was still wound up about it and Blackwell just sat there shaking his head.

# 30
Vino blanco
Posts: 2365
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:42 pm
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Vino blanco » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Watching Europe's biggest club v Derby at the moment. First, minute ref gives Leeds a penalty, only to be bover ruled by a linesman's offside call. The replay shows the Leed's player was well on side. Ah well.

# 31
AlargeClaret
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby AlargeClaret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 pm

Bosscat wrote:Brings back memories of Sheff Utd and Colins number2 listening at the changing room door at Turf Moor when Stan Ternent was in charge


Not much turns my stomach but the mere thought of “ Colin’s No 2’s” are enough to turn anyone green

# 32
ClaretFelix
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:02 pm
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 63 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby ClaretFelix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Vino blanco wrote:Watching Europe's biggest club v Derby at the moment. First, minute ref gives Leeds a penalty, only to be bover ruled by a linesman's offside call. The replay shows the Leed's player was well on side. Ah well.


Linesman got it wrong, but Roofe looked offside to me when he challenged for the initial header.
Theyve not really shown a proper replay though

# 33
bfcjg
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1769 times
Has Liked: 1799 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby bfcjg » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm

The poor Yorkshire fool was hoodwinked by his employer along the lines of would you like to get up close and personal with some Rams for a change ?

# 34
Bordeauxclaret
Posts: 5516
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 pm
Been Liked: 1737 times
Has Liked: 897 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Bordeauxclaret » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 pm

piston broke wrote:Sky obsessing about a penalty given then overruled for offside. Showing the final pass was not an offside but further back when Jannson launches it forward Roofe came back from an offside position and jumped for the header.
Cummon the rams.


He didn’t put it up for that one did he?
He looked to be on edge on penalty area when he had his flag up, the first was near the half way line.

# 35
Bosscat
Posts: 4823
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1456 times
Has Liked: 3888 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Bosscat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Not much turns my stomach but the mere thought of “ Colin’s No 2’s” are enough to turn anyone green

Blackwell once a Number Two always a Number Two :roll:

# 36
BennyD
Posts: 2950
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:10 am
Been Liked: 1118 times
Has Liked: 541 times
Location: Nantwich

Re: Derby Spy

Postby BennyD » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:54 pm

I’d bet their goalie will get a retrospective 3 game ban for raking his studs down the Derby striker’s face. I’m so glad Tom isn’t going across on loan as it was once rumoured. Dirty Weeds b4stards.

# 37
Bertiebeehead
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:28 am
Been Liked: 407 times
Has Liked: 521 times
Location: Franks shed

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Bertiebeehead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46850155
The last bastion of integrity in football, sweet Jesus.

# 38
durhamclaret
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:30 pm
Been Liked: 47 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby durhamclaret » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Typical dirty cheating horrible Leeds, they will always be the antichrist to me, UTC!

# 39
Buxtonclaret
Posts: 8162
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 am
Been Liked: 1990 times
Has Liked: 3652 times
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Derby Spy

Postby Buxtonclaret » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Stolen from twitter

*Just found the spys handwritten notes

- Richard Keogh is shite*


Brilliant. :lol:

# 40
dermotdermot
Posts: 1854
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Re: Derby Spy

Postby dermotdermot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm

They should be docked some points so they wouldn’t go up after all.

# 41
conyoviejo
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Been Liked: 1246 times
Has Liked: 807 times
Location: On the high seas chasing Pirates

Re: Derby Spy

Postby conyoviejo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 pm

dermotdermot wrote:They should be docked some points so they wouldn’t go up after all.


Maybe they will be docked done points after all.. :lol: :lol:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46878453

# 42
FactualFrank
Posts: 15736
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 4299 times
Has Liked: 7594 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Derby Spy

Postby FactualFrank » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 pm

conyoviejo wrote:Maybe they will be docked done points after all.. :lol: :lol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46878453


Zero chance. This is Leeds. They want them in the Prem.


Return to “The Bee Hole End”