Season Ticket Sell your Seat

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretJimmy
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Season Ticket Sell your Seat

Post by ClaretJimmy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Afternoon All,

I am unable to make the Southampton game in Feb. Did I imagine that the ticket office advertised being able to sell your seat back to the club for a single game? Can't find much info about it on the Ticket Office site. No big deal if not it is just a thought.

Thanks in Advance

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Re: Season Ticket Sell your Seat

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:19 pm

I think they tried it for a couple of big games but generally we don't sell out, so pointless.

Claretuk
Been Liked: 47 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Claretuk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:25 pm

I unfortunately forgot my season ticket on Saturday, so went to the ticket office n explained this n was then given a paper ticket for my seat n then I was charged a £5 admin fee! times must be hard with being a premier league club & I wonderd if Accrington Stanley have the same policy with the same issue?
Last edited by Claretuk on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:25 pm

I am also missing the Soton match as I'm on a Cruise around Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat in the Gulf.

My friend is using my ticket.... its only one game m8 (worth £19+ and £11+ if its an oldies ticket ;) ) give it to someone who can use it.....
This user liked this post: turfytopper

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Bosscat wrote:I am also missing the Soton match as I'm on a Cruise around Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat in the Gulf
That's gonna be a bummer...missing all this ice and snow that's promised. And, the Sarf'ampton game too! ;)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:That's gonna be a bummer...missing all this ice and snow that's promised. And, the Sarf'ampton game too! ;)
'Ard life this retirement lark innit :D

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1777 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:29 pm

I also suffered the £5 charge. I suppose the moral is don't forget your ticket.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:38 pm

dougcollins wrote:I also suffered the £5 charge. I suppose the moral is don't forget your ticket.
Gordaleman who frequents the Blackburnegraph forums was very scathing as he was one of the 1st to suffer this £5 service charge.
He said he had written to the chairman voicing his anger but got no reply.....

He wasn't impressed when we didn't have any sympathy :D .....

My brother a few years ago regularly forgot his ticket & the ticket office used to print him a ticket to get in no charge. I warned him of the new set up and touch wood he hasn't done it since :lol:

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm

My 14 yr old lad took his ST to his mums by accident and never brought it back. So we got charged £5 on Saturday, which is actually more than he pays per game for his ST in the first place.

Hopefully he learns from it.

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 am

Bosscat wrote:Gordaleman who frequents the Blackburnegraph forums was very scathing as he was one of the 1st to suffer this £5 service charge.

My brother a few years ago regularly forgot his ticket & the ticket office used to print him a ticket to get in no charge. I warned him of the new set up and touch wood he hasn't done it since :lol:
Reply to fans? Why would they do that?

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 am

Season ticket sell your seat!

After another fruitless pane of a window?

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1091 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:19 am

Bosscat wrote:Gordaleman who frequents the Blackburnegraph forums was very scathing as he was one of the 1st to suffer this £5 service charge.

I believe at Man Utd they hold credit card details of all season ticket holders. They then just take the money for cup games, even if you don’t want one. You then have to contact the club and ask for a refund of your own money. You will get it back in 10 working days. Also if you decline a cup ticket, it goes against you when you re-apply for your season ticket. They don’t automatically renew. If you’ve declined to many times, your seat can be offered to someone on the waiting list. I believe this is true, it certainly was a few years ago. Same with away match tickets. You pay for a ticket, only then do you go into a ballot for one. If unsuccessful, again you have to wait to get your money back.

Yet here we are whinging about a £5 service charge for an actual service that’s only required because someone was silly enough to forget the most important thing on a Matchday. :?

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am

£5? Stop moaning. Somebody checking your details, re-printing, updating the system, making sure your season card is disabled for that fixture... and all for the price of a Twix...

claretabroad
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by claretabroad » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 am

Let me tell you about the scam my wife's US college runs over its tickets for american football.
At the beginning of the year she gets an email asking which games she would like to go to. There is no such thing as a season ticket but she could theoretically apply for tickets for every game. The University then takes the full value of the tickets she has applied for. She then goes into a lottery system to determine if she has won tickets to any of the games. 6-8 months later they refund the money for the games she failed to win tickets for. I suspect similar arrangements will find their way here before long.