Dyche in demand again

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Re: Dyche in demand again

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:52 am

houseboy wrote:How old are you - we have won the league - twice.
I know we’ve won the league twice Houseboy. Take time and read the post again, I was drawing a comparison between our fans and Newcastle fans, who think they should be in the top six, should be spending millions and almost did win the league...

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:30 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Leics the club that sacked Ranieri after winning the title , toxic players plastic fans .I’d love to see what Dyche could do with a talented squad like theirs though as opposed to the hasbeens, neverhasbeens and mediocre championship bilge we can afford ( with the odd notable exceptions ) . Won’t happen though .
They were right to sack him. He was getting them relegated.

It was an odd decision to sack Pearson before him after the end of season he had, but it worked - they extraordinarily won the title with Ranieri.

Under Puel they've been safe but not much more - they clearly want more and think they can get it. I say 'give him time'.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:I know we’ve won the league twice Houseboy. Take time and read the post again, I was drawing a comparison between our fans and Newcastle fans, who think they should be in the top six, should be spending millions and almost did win the league...
Winning the league twice - exactly they same number of times as Spurs! What a fantastic achievement it is for a club of their size!
This user liked this post: houseboy

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:I know we’ve won the league twice Houseboy. Take time and read the post again, I was drawing a comparison between our fans and Newcastle fans, who think they should be in the top six, should be spending millions and almost did win the league...
I used to work in publishing and part of my job was proof reading editorials so I generally get a decent grasp of what is written. You asked if we had become like Newcastle fans and then went on to make comparisons.
No - we don't expect to be top 6.
No - we don't expect to spend millions.
No - we don't think we almost won the league, we have, twice.
So I think it is safe to assume that, if Newcastle fans do indeed think those things, we are nothing like them.
Of course Newcastle fans may not think like that either, I have only known two socially/professionally and they had no pretensions to greatness at all.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

I used to work in a pub when I was 17 and so I’m used to people using over inflated images of themselves to ‘appear’ someone’s socially better.

I’m suggesting that if the current trend of hammering Dyche, hammering our style of play, hammering the board, and longing to spend beyond our means continues we will sound like the deluded Newcastle fans. It’s not at all true mind, we are a well run, well managed and pragmatic football club.

Dyche is a good manager who is capable of great things should be be given an opportunity. This is just my opinion of course and I am sure the usual doomongers will be along to ‘educate’ me.

Feel free to ghost read this and suggest some more changes and tweets I could make before publication.

We could be rich...