Swings And Roundabouts

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Swings And Roundabouts

Post by Longside4evr » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 pm

With decisions so crucial in games and only a spilt second to make one its seems we always get the negative result of them.
Wood was a strong call today and maybe with him being offside quite abit today didn't help the call but like the home game last season against Watford we do seem to lose out on the big calls to much for my liking.
If Barnes scores the handball would have been blown up but because it went wide he gave the goal kick.
IDyche called it again today and brought the 65 games wirhout into the equation.It is said that these decisions iron them selves out over a season biut with us i beg to differ unless we swapped the clubs name for one of the big six then we maystand a chance
The way we survive in this league against all the odds and what goes against we simply are amazing and I can't be more proud to support our team under the conditions we have to go through week in week out UTC
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8534 times
Has Liked: 18271 times

Re: Swings And Roundabouts

Post by Bosscat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Longside4evr wrote:With decisions so crucial in games and only a spilt second to make one its seems we always get the negative result of them.
Wood was a strong call today and maybe with him being offside quite abit today didn't help the call but like the home game last season against Watford we do seem to lose out on the big calls to much for my liking.
If Barnes scores the handball would have been blown up but because it went wide he gave the goal kick.
IDyche called it again today and brought the 65 games wirhout into the equation.It is said that these decisions iron them selves out over a season biut with us i beg to differ unless we swapped the clubs name for one of the big six then we maystand a chance
The way we survive in this league against all the odds and what goes against we simply are amazing and I can't be more proud to support our team under the conditions we have to go through week in week out UTC
Great post :D :D :D

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4073 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 pm

We should have wrapped the game up long before the disallowed Wood goal. Our failure to take our chances was the reason we didn't win.

But yes, the Wood goal should have stood.
These 2 users liked this post: The Enclosure Shappie

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Longside4evr wrote:With decisions so crucial in games and only a spilt second to make one its seems we always get the negative result of them.
A bad decision went against us today, but we got the benefit of the doubt against Brighton before Christmas when Wood looked just off in the build up to our goal.

We needed the Brighton win more than we needed to win today, so there's a swing and A roundabout right there.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Well,if we are talking fairgrounds lets extend it to circuses and the clowns who robbed us of a win at Watford.

Longsidebovril
Been Liked: 552 times
Has Liked: 258 times

Post by Longsidebovril » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

We should have gone for the Juggler and won it much earlier.
These 3 users liked this post: Goody1975 Woodleyclaret chekhov

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:36 pm

The poor Juggler..
These 3 users liked this post: Goody1975 HunterST_BFC CJW

atlantalad
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:54 am

Longsidebovril wrote:We should have gone for the Juggler and won it much earlier.
I did not know we had signed a new player.
Is Juggler any good at keepy uppy ? What position does he play?
Your hypothesis does not hold water as we did not win, so could not win any earlier :) and introducing Juggler would have been all in vein.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:26 am

If we're talking circus and things that DO hold water maybe we could get a tumbler out of the cupboard. Maybe we would get a few pens then