Look away HibsClaret

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3861 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Look away HibsClaret

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:10 pm

These 15 users liked this post: FactualFrank TVC15 Buxtonclaret burnleymik jrgbfc evensteadiereddie Bosscat DomBFC1882 DAVETHEVICAR THEWELLERNUT70 Funkydrummer simonclaret expoultryboy Murger The Enclosure

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7554 times

Re: Look away HibsClaret

Post by Buxtonclaret » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Love it!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Ahh, but there's also a Ward.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18213 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:43 pm

I saw who's team it was and thought wtf does She-Rah know lol.
Then I saw the GK and LB :D
(perhaps he does have a bit of an idea he says grudgingly :D )

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by chekhov » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Always admired Shearer as a pundit.

Except when he's slagged us off in the past. The way he drones on with a complete lack of intelligent insight. What a waste of licence fee!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 pm

He's not somebody when listened to, I think, "This guy talks a lot of sense". I just hear his voice. It's the same with Jamie Redknapp.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Taylor has consistently improved game on game for a good few months now, it's a shame that some fellow posters still have an agenda to ram home

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Why isn't Wood in there. After all he wasn't offside !

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 pm

I’m still not convinced that he’s suitable for this level long term but I am certainly that he’s better than an aging Ward!! Time for us to get shut of Ward and thank him for all that he has done for us

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Taylor for Ireland.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Bosscat wrote:I saw who's team it was and thought wtf does She-Rah know lol.
Then I saw the GK and LB :D
(perhaps he does have a bit of an idea he says grudgingly :D )
Hey Boss he also said our 'Goal' that clueless Oliver disallowed ahould have stood and that he hoped the two points ''stolen' wouldn't cost us dearly at the season end.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm

One problem.with Taylor is that if the guy is inside him he cant slide in abd clear the ball witg his right foot. Cost us against Newcastle that

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 pm

chekhov wrote:Always admired Shearer as a pundit.

Except when he's slagged us off in the past. The way he drones on with a complete lack of intelligent insight. What a waste of licence fee!
Split personality ?

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1829 times
Has Liked: 2623 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Stayingup wrote:Hey Boss he also said our 'Goal' that clueless Oliver disallowed ahould have stood and that he hoped the two points ''stolen' wouldn't cost us dearly at the season end.
Why was the referee clueless with the offisde? Are you saying that he should ignore everything the AR does? It certainly would make the game more of a lottery if the ref ignored his assistants ---never mind, VAR can replace them all.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 pm

[quote="Hibsclaret"]Heaton 8
Bardsley 8
Mee 8
Tarky 7
Taylor 8 Best Game for us.
Westwood 9. Everywhere Mom
Cork 8
McNeil 7
Hendrick 7
Wood 8
Barnes 7

Great performance. Should have won

Taken from the player ratings thread. Might help if you looked before quoting posters...
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:11 pm

chekhov wrote:Always admired Shearer as a pundit.

He's absolutely horrific to listen to.

In every sentence I'll repeat the last 2 or 3 words.

He has to be put on mute.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Image
Time to worry is when he’s making Garth’s team of the week....
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Goobs
Been Liked: 1462 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 pm

This just proves how thick Shearer is. 9 of those players have never even played for us and that isn't our manager! :roll:
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat dpinsussex

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 am

Hibsclaret wrote:
Sorry for trying to inject a little humour into a thread, but glad you are not emotionally unbalanced when it comes to discussing him.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:32 am

Becoming a very solid Premier League player.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Sorry for trying to inject a little humour into a thread, but glad you are not emotionally unbalanced when it comes to discussing him.
Have you tried stand up?

You should.... :o

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:44 am

I stand up every home match in the Cricketfield stand if that counts.

GrahamBranchsPerm
Been Liked: 74 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by GrahamBranchsPerm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:12 am

I much preferred a fully fit Ward, hope that's allowed? Appreciate that ship may have sailed.

Taylor will get there as a suitable number two, to a better, long term option, whoever that is. Not a good enough number one left back at this level, in my opinion.

Recent examples of play that drives the view -

Sliced the ball out of play for the throw in, that led to Fulham's opener. Unforced error.
Ran the ball out of play that led to the collapse against Everton in the 2nd minute. Unforced error.
Gave away what should have been a pen against Fulham in the 2nd half. Luckily, not given.

Way too one footed and not quick enough behind the ears, for this level, but is improving, which is great to see. Also feel can be strong going forwards if we release the shackles a bit more.

So in summary, a decent enough number 2, no more.

UTC

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:42 am

GrahamBranchsPerm wrote:I much preferred a fully fit Ward, hope that's allowed? Appreciate that ship may have sailed.

Taylor will get there as a suitable number two, to a better, long term option, whoever that is. Not a good enough number one left back at this level, in my opinion.

Sliced the ball out of play for the throw in, that led to Fulham's opener. Unforced error.
Ran the ball out of play that led to the collapse against Everton in the 2nd minute. Unforced error.
Gave away what should have been a pen against Fulham in the 2nd half. Luckily, not given.

Way too one footed and not quick enough behind the ears, for this level, but is improving, which is great to see. Also feel can be strong going forwards if we release the shackles a bit more.

UTC
GBP. Unfortunately you are not allowed to suggest preference to our current left back on this board without the following:

Constant whining from certain posters
Multiple threads aimed directly at you
The resident comedians preparing for their world tour of East Lancs
Getting banned for posting your match ratings when you give the current left back a rating of 7 (which I’m lead to believe means good)

GrahamBranchsPerm

Post by GrahamBranchsPerm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 am

Huge Ward fan.

50 caps says a lot.

Key man in our recent promo and progress.

Also fully behind Taylor, but Ward has shown what 'good looks like' and Charlie still has work to do, hope he gets there but for me he's number 2 material.

UTC

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:53 am

A players form certainly can change for many reasons, I thought Lowts was a shoe in to start every game ahead of Bardsley last season. Even put Lowts in my fantasy team for the potential of assists this year. However today I would start Bardsley just because he has brought more to the team at this moment in time. Ward and Taylor? You have to be so careful when posting on social media in how you word things or they are taken out of context.
This user liked this post: ten bellies

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:56 pm

GrahamBranchsPerm wrote:I much preferred a fully fit Ward, hope that's allowed? Appreciate that ship may have sailed.

UTC
Not that you're biased or anything but first of all Fulhams goal is probably a good candidate for goal of the season and like it or not we were priviledged to see it, and then you go on to say he gave away what should have been a penalty, in other words he didn't give away a penalty. That's like saying I nearly killed someone driving to work this morning but I didn't because I stayed off the pavement. You then go on to blame him for a 1-5 defeat because he made an early error leading to a goal, the whole bloody team let us down that day.

I notice you're not blaming Barnes for us only getting a point on Saturday when he had two great chances, one of which was easier to score than miss.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

chekhov
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by chekhov » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm

TVC15 wrote:Split personality ?
I'm clumsily trying to parody our attitude to anyone who is critical of Burnley, then the fickle way we change our tune the instant they start to praise us.
Could be summed up thus: critical mean completely biased and awful pundit. Or they praise us which means they are balanced, reasonable and impartial. But that's how it should be!

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pm

chekhov wrote:I'm clumsily trying to parody our attitude to anyone who is critical of Burnley, then the fickle way we change our tune the instant they start to praise us.
Could be summed up thus: critical mean completely biased and awful pundit. Or they praise us which means they are balanced, reasonable and impartial. But that's how it should be!
I see - living up to your username eh ?!!!
Come on - far too highbrow for this board.
Next time just call him a bald Blackburn bas-tard and have done with it !
This user liked this post: chekhov

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Don't think anyone is denying that Ward has been an excellent player for us, definitely our best left back in the time I've been watching us. It just seemed to me watching him play that he was struggling, and it was a massive effort for him to do things that were bread and butter to him previously. He may come back and be back to his old self, which would be great but I just feel his best days are way behind him.

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:GBP. Unfortunately you are not allowed to suggest preference to our current left back on this board without the following:

Constant whining from certain posters
Multiple threads aimed directly at you
The resident comedians preparing for their world tour of East Lancs
Getting banned for posting your match ratings when you give the current left back a rating of 7 (which I’m lead to believe means good)
As much as I enjoy verbally sparring with you on this topic and hardly ever agree with you biased posts, I find it astounding that you received a ban particularly for that post. Your posts are often deluded but never untoward and this board would be a worse place if you wasn’t to post. Good on you for not throwing your toys out of the pram following the ban.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:33 pm

MRG wrote:As much as I enjoy verbally sparring with you on this topic and hardly ever agree with you biased posts, I find it astounding that you received a ban particularly for that post. Your posts are often deluded but never untoward and this board would be a worse place if you wasn’t to post. Good on you for not throwing your toys out of the pram following the ban.
Thx. I think. Delusion and bias is what I aspire to. Not particularly thinking a player is good enough is neither bias or delusion.

For what it’s worth Taylor is definitely improving which is testament to Dyche and his coaches. I watched him closely at Watford and he was defensively very good all game.

His main issue is having to learn the art of top level defending on the job as I would suspect he provided more further forward for Leeds, something which has been stifled to learn his trade at our level. This means that on occasions he has looked like he’s unsure of his distances etc. and in some way responsible for some of our defensive calamities in the early season.

GrahamBranchsPerm

Post by GrahamBranchsPerm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Not that you're biased or anything but first of all Fulhams goal is probably a good candidate for goal of the season and like it or not we were priviledged to see it, and then you go on to say he gave away what should have been a penalty, in other words he didn't give away a penalty. That's like saying I nearly killed someone driving to work this morning but I didn't because I stayed off the pavement. You then go on to blame him for a 1-5 defeat because he made an early error leading to a goal, the whole bloody team let us down that day.

I notice you're not blaming Barnes for us only getting a point on Saturday when he had two great chances, one of which was easier to score than miss.
Houseboy - I am not biased at all - I don't know Ward or Charlie Taylor, and I support them both when in the famous Claret and Blue.

Your analogy on the driving needs altering - Taylor committed the clumsy foul, he just did not get caught. You managed to stay off the payment, so your driving was pretty decent by the sounds of it - full credit. There is a difference there, agree?

Everton's first - who knows what happens if we are not one down after 90 seconds.

I hope you find the above fair, I wish both players the best when they play, I do feel Ward has set the bar high however.

Cheers
UTC