Tonight’s Pen

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1412 times

Re: Tonight’s Pen

Post by AfloatinClaret » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:If your momentum is going forward, especially in a situation where you are finely balanced and poised if someone pulls you or grabs you it is in the release that you can fall forward. Try holding gently on the back a babys top when they are trying to walk forward and let go and you will see them stumble forward off balance and fall over
OK it'll work, but I've always found that a good hard albeit discrete push, especially if you can hook a toe around their ankle too gets the rug rats down a whole lot quicker.

My disappointment with this and many similar incidents is that it's all too often the same players going down a 'little too easily' each week. Aside from any FA appraisals, I cannot believe that professional referees do not record and review every match they officiate and a lot of other games besides, with that knowledge they ought then to be thinking 'hang on just a second...?' before awarding the next one to the cheats.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm

What is it now 65 games without a penalty? There must be a song somewhere or even some bed sheets to be painted?

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 511 times
Has Liked: 1062 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:17 am

The anomaly with a player trying to influence the ref, is if the ref decides to give a pen, what happens afterwards is automatically diminished. However in my mind the ref could caution someone ‘making a meal of it’ for ungentlemanly conduct if that term is still within the laws of the game. Even if that happened the penalty would still be awarded.

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:If you hold, pull or push an opponent a penalty should be awarded. There is nothing about how powerful the contact should be. Therefore a gentle push, a medium push and a violent push should each be treated the same. Equally a pull does not have to be a certain strength before it is considered to qualify as a pull. It does not have to be a violent pull. A clever sneaky pull that is often penalised outside the penalty area, is a penalty when inside the penalty area.
Utter bollucks

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:The anomaly with a player trying to influence the ref, is if the ref decides to give a pen, what happens afterwards is automatically diminished. However in my mind the ref could caution someone ‘making a meal of it’ for ungentlemanly conduct if that term is still within the laws of the game. Even if that happened the penalty would still be awarded.
That was my point earlier in the thread.
Penalty to Utd
Yellow for Lingard

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09 am

SussexDon1inIreland wrote:Why then at corners are the rules different??
They aren't, but all the pushing, shoving and holding is usually before the corner is taken, therefore the ball is not in play and therefore a foul hasn't been committed. Players can be booked though.