REPORT: Old Trafford – it’s only gone and happened again

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5268 times

REPORT: Old Trafford – it’s only gone and happened again

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:26 pm

Manchester United v Burnley report - and I'm still devastated yet still enthusing about the performance

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/old-traffor ... ened-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 3 users liked this post: turfytopper levraiclaret Cirrus_Minor

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1049 times

Re: REPORT: Old Trafford – it’s only gone and happened again

Post by CleggHall » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:39 pm

An excellent report, balanced and devoid of bitterness, how do you do it after such disappointment?
This user liked this post: turfytopper

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1692 times
Has Liked: 2530 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Absolutely gutted at the outcome ............. again. I've stated on numerous occasions on this board our incredible record v Manchester United and late, late goals. A 5 the round FA Cup tie in 1965 saw us 1-0 up until the last few minutes; we lost 2-1. Not long after that we were 2-0 up in a league game with minutes left; we drew 2-2. League game in 1970 we were 2-0 then 3-2 up only for another last minute equalizer. League game in 1974 we were 3-2 up until they got a last minute equalizer. 1974 League cup tie we were 2-1 up and then 2-2 until they got a last minute winner. And I don't need to describe the last two seasons. All these games at Old Trafford, too. For the younger board members all the above is true. It really did happen that way. Nothing lasts forever does it?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5268 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:Absolutely gutted at the outcome ............. again. I've stated on numerous occasions on this board our incredible record v Manchester United and late, late goals. A 5 the round FA Cup tie in 1965 saw us 1-0 up until the last few minutes; we lost 2-1. Not long after that we were 2-0 up in a league game with minutes left; we drew 2-2. League game in 1970 we were 2-0 then 3-2 up only for another last minute equalizer. League game in 1974 we were 3-2 up until they got a last minute equalizer. 1974 League cup tie we were 2-1 up and then 2-2 until they got a last minute winner. And I don't need to describe the last two seasons. All these games at Old Trafford, too. For the younger board members all the above is true. It really did happen that way. Nothing lasts forever does it?
The FA Cup tie in 65 was my first visit when Crerand and Law scored on 84 and 85 minutes. I've been to every game we've played there since and I have witnessed all those late comebacks.It never gets any easier, devastating last night but we have to think above that and what a performance.

Stan Tastic
Been Liked: 444 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by Stan Tastic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Quite a few United fans moaning that Moss did them no favours by blowing the final whistle early, after their goal in injury time and Heaton taking ages over a goal-kick.

No mention of the offside goal and the soft penalty of course.